[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come we haven't had a dark type gym yet? The only dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

How come we haven't had a dark type gym yet? The only dark type user we had was Sydney from gen 3 as an elite 4 member
>>
>>29068665
>Who is Karen?
>Who is Grimsley?
>>
>>29068665
there was also that other e4 member from unova. the guy who was all "the cards you're dealt" or something
>>
The evil team you fight through most of the game and even take a break from fighting gyms so you can storm their personal hideout full of their members usually have a fair amount of dark type pokemon.
>>
>>29068665
>only
>>
>>29068665
Karen from gen 2
>>
>>29068665

Game freak haven't thought of it yet.
>>
Firstly, Dark Type means Evil Type in Japan.

Gym leaders aren't evil. They're well respected and idolized. Giovanni got an exception for 2 reasons, he was Team Rocket's boss in secrecy, no one knew until Red unveiled this. 2ndly Dark Type wasn't out at the time.

Elite four having dark types is a tad bit different though. They're elitist and your final hard challenge.
>>
>>29068692
This. Also they save most dark types for either grunts or the evil boss(Honchkrow, Houndoom etc.) so having a gym qould "dilute" their presence.
>>
>>29068952
are you stupid? using Dark type doesn't make you evil, Fucking Karen loves pokemon and she uses dark pokemon
>>
>Karen
>Grimsley
>>
>>29068952
I think Gym leaders are sort of community leader(hence they alao has occupation related to the town such as Skyla is a pilot, Clay is oil tycoon)/ pokemon battling teacher. Most non-evil dark type users are sort of obsess with bettering themself rather than teaching kids how to order tackle, so they become a professional battler aka elite 4. I think Sydney, Karen and Grimsley don't have any jobs except beating down challengers and take their money.
>>
>>29068721
>>29068689
>>29069035
Sorry, I haven't played g/s/c/hg/ss for karen. Completely forgot about grimsley
>>
>>29069108
Most gym leaders didnt have any other jobs until like gen 3
>>
>>29068689
>>29068721
>>29069035

>How come we haven't had a dark type gym yet?

Reading comprehension at its finest
>>
>>29069394
Read Op again
>>
>>29069394
>being this illiterate
>>
>>29069372
Nah they totally did
>Town pool owner
>Veterans group
>Town botanical garden
>Scientist where there's lots of labs

Stuff like that
>>
It's literally cause of what's been said, most Gym Leaders are part timing it and it's kinda like being a part of the town's bureaucracy ie like being the ME or Chief of Police or such but only when stupid kids come a knocking ie part-time...kinda I guess like your sister being a girl scout captain or whatever it's called or dad being little league coach but still, like they've said, Skyla being a pilot (fine ass one too, anyone hope she's secretly a female quagmire but not as crazy?) and Clay being oil tycoon/miner so on. As such the "Dark" Type Users are the E4 cause apparently the E4 was meant to be evil, like a second evil team so to speak, but they changed it cause like most other things didn't have the funds or times or such. It's why they had Karen as an E4 and not a Gym Leader, and why the Manga around "Yellow" is about defeating them, easter eggs referring back to this idea. It's probably why they had Grimsley and Sydney, given BW and RSE were both kinda soft resets for the series in some way or form. Plus keep in mind that basically every evil team had dark types as a secondary typing in a sense, though a lot of them tend to not have a distinct typing theme outside Aqua, Magma, and Flare :P, so the developers also began thinking "well we better just have the Team Leaders every other gen or something use a lot of Dark Types or something" ie Cyrus for that matter.
>>
Maybe the Dark gyms are underground, unregistered with the League.

>>29069018
She could be evil in other ways.
>>
>>29069018
are you fucking stupid? Karen plays dirty. Umbreon know Sand Attacks (blinding you in the eyes) and she uses other cheap gimmicky moves that wouldn't be idolized or respected in a natural gym leader
>>
>>29069916
also her name is a spin on the word Darken
>>
Dark type is Evil type in Japanese
>>
File: TpHkT.gif (2MB, 504x336px) Image search: [Google]
TpHkT.gif
2MB, 504x336px
>>29069916
Karen fight in a nutshell
>>
>>29070433
Kek
>>
>>29069018
Karen literally suggests you forego strength and pick the Pokemon you like the best. She's tricking you into weakening yourself so she can win.
>>
>>29069916
>Hurd durf sand attack
Smogon plz go
>>
>>29072168
then she's completely fucking retarded since she says that after you beat her
>>
>>29069916
So? Falkner's entire gimmick was Mudslap, which is Sand Attack but even more dickish. Does that make him a poor gym leader? What about Norman literally using performance enhancing drugs during battle?
>>
>>29072237
Weren't it just Norman's lackys that had the drugs?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.