[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play Pokemon Neo X&Y or just do a Nuzlocke of X&Y?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: neo2.png (172KB, 501x346px) Image search: [Google]
neo2.png
172KB, 501x346px
Should I play Pokemon Neo X&Y or just do a Nuzlocke of X&Y?

I want to play a gen 6 game in perpetration for S&M and I've put enough time into ORAS.

Not having a hacked 3DS for when it leaks.
>>
Eternal X/Wilting Y are better,at least I like them more then Neo X/Y.
>>
>>29066382
I like Eternal X/Wilting Y because of the insanity mode option,having a real challenge is fun.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=362505
>>
>>29066213
NeoXY is fucking awful.
>>
>>29066213
Eternal X/ Wilting Y is millions of times better than Neo XY
Neo XY has a lot more random changes, like Skill Link Greninja, Flying/Dark Staraptor, and Flying/Fighting Swellow
It also changes the story from being a badly written story written by an adult to a badly written story written by a 14 year old

meanwhile Eternal X and Wilting Y have changes more alike to Drayano's style.
>>
>>29066382
>>29066438
Thanks looks like I dodged a bullet.

I dont plan on doing "insanity" mode for Eternal, so is the challenge still fair in the regular version?
>>
>>29066712

Legal Version:

Catch'em all without trading
Important Trainers have stronger teams, and many will now use Mega Evolution
Six new TMs: Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch and Giga Drain have replaced six less useful TMs (see the documentation for details)
All Mega Stones (except Mewtwonite X/Y) are obtainable before the Elite Four
All Fossils are held by wild Pokémon in or near Glittering Cave
Competitive items can be found on wild Pokémon or in Snowbelle City
All but two TMs are available before the Elite Four
All changes except the rivals' teams are fully documented
Reasonable level curve designed around leaving the EXP Share on at all times
Weaker Pokémon level up faster, making them more powerful than usual later in the game
All level up learnsets have been updated to match ORAS where possible
Many Pokémon now have their Hidden Ability available as one of their two regular abilities
Most Pokémon will be able to learn egg moves by level up, or from the move reminder

Rebalanced Version:
All the features of the Legal Version
Type, base stat, ability and movepool changes have been made to many weaker Pokémon, with the intention of making them more fun to use (see the documents for details)
Some weak or useless moves have been changed; for example, Cut is now a Grass-Type move that will always result in a critical hit, and Leech Life now has 75 base power

Insanity Mode:
All the features of the Rebalanced Version
Rivals, Gym Leaders, Team Flare leaders, etc. all use more powerful teams, sometimes including Legendary Pokémon. Their teams don't always make sense, but they do make the game significantly more challenging. See the documents for details.

Check this link for all the details,not sure how hard Legal and Rebalanced are

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=362505
>>
What are the best gen 6 romhacks

I'm not looking for something too difficult, just something different because I'm tired as fuck of regular XY and ORAS
>>
I had no idea there were Gen VI romhacks. What are the best ways to go about playing them? I feel kinda iffy about hacking/homebrewing my 3DS. Is Citra any good?
>>
>>29068744
Citra is alright,the unofficial builds get decent speeds if you got a good PC.Homebrew is pretty safe,at least some of the basic stuff including playing romhacks is.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

https://youtu.be/_04t2i0I1js

Instead of dumping the games i just download decrypted roms,turn them into romfs files and play.Not to bad once you get the hang of it.
>>
If you're going to try nuzlocking Eternal X/Wilting Y you'll want the nerfed Viola version. She's ridiculously hard otherwise.
>>
Is there even a way to install homebrew on a fresh 3ds at this stage? I've got an old one on 9.5.0-9U and a few that are under 11.1.34 or whatever it is. I don't currently own any of the games usable for exploit except technically ORAS.

Last time I did homebrew stuff Tubehax was still available so it's been a while.
>>
>>29069983
See the OP in:
>>>/vg/157195474

I recommend hacking your 9.5 one and leaving your others alone if you want.

You can just download .cia files of the hacked so you dont even have to insert the cart.

http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc
>>
>>29068569
There is no Gen 6 romhack that's particularly "different".

That would take a ton of work that no one's got time for.
>>
>>29066213
Sun and moon aren't going to leak at this point. The demo will leak all the Pokémon though
>>
>>29070054
Why wont it? Even a day or 2 ahead of release is a "leak".

All it takes is for some retailer to break street date and for someone to make a .cia out of the gamefiles right?
>>
>>29070075
This. The demo won't leak because there are no physical copies of the demo being made. The real game will leak because physical copies will out in the world before the actual release date. I think it will leak at least a week early.
>>
>>29070029
I'll take a look at it tomorrow while I'm at work. Looks like they are going to require me to downgrade that 3ds.

(wish I had just jumped on getting a 3ds set before the 34 update but I guess a store 5 miles from me has cubic ninja in stock for like, 20 bucks)

I'm only doing this really to inject wondercards into XYORAS since these save files were started in January and I don't know if the "official" Diancie Powersaves Card is a legit one or not.
>>
>>29068182
>Leech Life now has 75 base power
Jesus that seems more than a bit excesive
>>
>>29071655
It's pretty fun to use on Parasect. Everything that learns it also gets it at a much higher level than usual, so it's not game breaking.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.