[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer your pokemon to use those cry from the vidya or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: sleeping.jpg (596KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping.jpg
596KB, 1400x1400px
Do you prefer your pokemon to use those cry from the vidya or to say their name as their only way of communication?
>>
Why not make a Pokemon whose name is "Skrueeeeyayaya"? Then it can be both.
>>
ingame for most
monster roars for certain anime pokemon like charizard
Pikachu for pikachu
>>
>>29065999
Either way, I guess. Some cries are pretty nice
>>
>>29065999

Names. In reality, Pokemon are NAMED after what they say, not vice-versa. Sounds better than nasty-ass 244p gargles
>>
File: Cubone_mother.png (22KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Cubone_mother.png
22KB, 240x160px
>>29065999

Nah. I strongly prefer Pokémon to talk.
>>
>>29065999
Pokemon in the games have the sound cries they do, but via text bubbles you can see they make a variety of noises.

Not only this, but Pokemon generally do have a rather nice variety in what they can do, such as the Murkrow in G/S/C/HG/SS repeating words.

There's also Chaz's Machoke, Macherie, in ORAS that uses variations of 'Macherie' in its calls.

So the games show that Pokemon can have quite a variety in what they do vocally.

That being said, I don't mind their poke-speak either, because the Japanese version shows that you can easily make those sound kind of natural.
>>
>Pokemon just happen to make sounds that just happen to sounds like portmanteaus that correspond to their charactertistics
>also theyy say different things in different languages depending on where you catch them also happen to correspond

you guys
>>
>>29065999
vidya cry

pikachu's cry in gen 6 is disgusting heresy
>>
File: Marowak.jpg (87KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marowak.jpg
87KB, 651x500px
I very strongly prefer Pokémon to talk.
>>
>>29065999
I prefer the animal cries, because you don't name every single animal, including artificially created ones and ones discovered by actual scientists based on the fucking sound they make.
>>
>>29065999
Animal noises, or in other words, their cries. Fuck that retarded Pi-Pikachu shit
>>
>>29066042
That's just the anime being retarded, they're not named after their speech, because they say different things on every language and some just make random noises
>>
>>29066021
>Wubwubwub
>The electronic dance music pokemon
>>
>>29066042
EBLBLBLBLBLBLLBL is my favorite pokemon
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-10-02-00-28.jpg (45KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-10-02-00-28.jpg
45KB, 720x540px
>>29066316
This. The anime popularized the idea of a cute monster saying its name to appeal to kids. It just wouldn't have been nwrly as marketable for one to say "skrreonk" (See addendum: jelly filled donuts)

They were named the way they were for different reasons. Like Typhlosions japanese name is fucking Bakphoon. It made sense for the Gen 1 starters as a play on words for the English version. CHAR(sala)mander, Cha(r)meleon, Bulba(Dino)saur or Squirt(turtle)less.

Granted some Japanese names make way more sense than then the English ones, like Greninja, who's named Gekkouga overseas, Geko being a literal frog sound, (you know how the nips are about onomotopoeias) and also menaing "moonlight" and Kouga being an ancient school where they practiced ninjutsu. So it literally translates to "moonlight ninjutsu."

Translaters just simplified it by putting Ninja on top of a simplified Kero sound.
>>
>>29066113
>>29066258
>>29066316
You know how cats learned to meow by mimicking the cries of human babies? Maybe it's like that, they learned to say their own names as a way to communicate.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.