[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good will it be competitively? >regular greninja doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: CUT.png (2MB, 1280x1476px) Image search: [Google]
CUT.png
2MB, 1280x1476px
How good will it be competitively?

>regular greninja doesn't have much of a problem with KO a pokemon thanks to STAB water and dark moves like hydro pump
>confirmed to get a higher speed stat so we can count on a minimum of 140 BS
>very likely to get stat boosts in both of its offences meaning it will be a great mixed attacker
>can hold an item
>may get a new ability on form change, Ash-greninja in the anime turns normal type moves into water type moves (pic related) so it might get a water variant of aerilate
>>
Hopefully it's not so I rarely see it
>>
>>29058205
stay mad
>>
Gonna be a physical attacker is my one problem. Physical Greninja is kind of meh without Protean.
>>
>>29058070
Don't forget that water shuriken will get a boost

>5 x 50 +1 priority

That would be cancer.

Its major problem is that you need to KO a pokemon. Otherwise I would have no doubt it would be uber tier.
>>
>>29058070
>Confirmed higher speed stat

I swear to god if you talk about water shuriken out speeding you should kill yourself. That's like saying Scizzor is super fast because he can pulled punch faster then a non priority move.
>>
>>29058358
Read its description you fucking retard

>Ash-Greninja's leg strength has been enhanced compared to an ordinary Greninja, making it difficult to see because of the speed at which it can move. It takes its enemies out in a flash! It becomes able to make giant Water Shurikens on its back, and it can throw them in rapid succession.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/ash-greninja/
>>
>>29058070
A mega evolution with the ability to hold a item, the only requirement is to beat a pokemon. Bonus if it gets a Special Z-move.
>>
>>29058382
probably the orange shuriken
>>
>>29058070
Maybe they could call his new ability Aqualate?
>>
>>29058387
>200 power, 100% chance to burn, fails if opponent is fire type
>>
>>29058327

>Full investment in attack and speed
>life orb
>Gunk shot
>Low kick
>Boosted Water Shuriken
>Ice Punch

Something like this I could see being pretty viable
>>
>>29058070

>yfw it gets skill link

MIZU SHURIKEN
>>
I'm still hoping for two abilities at the same time. This will be the gen, guys.
>>
>>29058410
Liquidate sounds better imo
>>
>>29058423
you could also use Night Slash, for the second STAB
>>
File: Sugimori_718b.png (342KB, 1500x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori_718b.png
342KB, 1500x1300px
>people seriously believe grenigger gets a different ability upon form change
>>
>>29058412
kek
>>
>>29058458
Ghost and Psychic types are not really a threat to it though
>>
>>29058461
I agree its unlikely, but if it gets mega-tier boosts while still being able to hold an item, it could easily make up for the lose of Protean, even better if it gets the likely physical boost to make use of the sub-breaking priority move.
>>
>>29058461
Let me guess, you're a shitnaughfag?
>>
>>29058410
Its ability is battle bond
>>
>>29058517
no. phoxfag. from gamefaqs.
>>
>>29058564
Regular Greninja's ability is. We don't know Ash-greninja's. I would guess its battle bond as well but it would be no surprise if it change ability upon evolving like many mega evolutions.
>>
>>29058461
>Fucking hell power construct is basically shit

>Perfect Zygarde should be a permanent form and with a buffed up Aura Break that also decreases ALL Dark and Fairy moves and not only Xerneas or Yveltal's abilities only.

>Game Freak and their fucking gimmicks ruin everything except a select few 'mons like Megafuq etc
>>
>>29058381
Could be flavor text. Yanmega can't learn Fly despite its entry saying that it can transport an adult.

Hard to say at the moment. Hopefully it's the equivalent to a Mega, or at least slightly below one.
>>
>>29058412
252 SpA Mega Charizard X Blast Burn vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja on a critical hit: 244-288 (85.6 - 101%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
>>
What the anime does is not the basis for anything. Forms induced by an ability are never that impressive.
>>
>>29058706
You forgot to change Grenigger's level to 40
>>
>>29058382
Could be one of the most powerful pokemon roght next to mega ray.

I wonder if we get new primal pokemon though.
>>
>>29058782
>Forms induced by an ability are never that impressive

Literally only Darmanitan and Aegislash change form because of an ability and Aegislash's ability is great.
>>
>>29058461
This form is already powerful in ga ole.
>>
File: Ash-greninja.png (748KB, 1020x495px) Image search: [Google]
Ash-greninja.png
748KB, 1020x495px
>>29058070
>>29058410
>>29058448
>>29058501
>>29058600
Pretty sure this confirms Ash-greninja still has the ability battle bond.
>>
I think it's going to be game-locked.

Mega Pokemon and the Primals both have representative icons that replace the level whilst in battle.

Ash-Greninja doesn't have this.

Megas and Primals also have altered cries.

Ash-Greninja doesn't have this.

The only way to know if it isn't game-locked is to see if it can be bred or put into Pokebank.
>>
>>29058811
>What is Cherrim?
>>
>>29059250
and Castform
>>
>>29058070
It needs to KO something first so that's already a kind of slow start since base Greninja will be the usual Greninja but without protean.
Other than that I guess we will see a huge buff to water shuriken and stats so it might be worth.
>>
I'd say decent, as long as you aren't retarded enough to run scald nabbing kosher with lo hydro pump and the ever spammable ice beam/stab dark pulse wouldn't be that problematic.

The problem lies on wich stats are boosted and if it is worthy to run the powered up Water Shuriken.

Honestly we need to see it in execution to judge but I would really run a mixed one with ice beam and gunkshot just to secure better match up vs some Pokémon.

But seriously folks don't run scald, never run scald.
>>
>>29058784
You forgot to take that stick out of your ass, bitter Phoxfag.
>>
>>29059182
Don't you need pokebank to transfer greninja from the demo to the main game?
>>
>>29059605
No, if it's like ORAS the game will be able to detect the demo save data and directly transfer it over.
>>
>>29059605
No

If you actually played ORAS, the stuff you get in the demo can be transfered through Pokémon Link. It doesn't recquire anything else.
>>
>>29059636
>>29059646
Alright, never played ORAS since I heard it was underwhelming and I already have emerald.
>>
>>29058410
>>29058448

Or hydrate
>>
>>29058811
>Arceus
>Castform
>>
>>29058381
that doesn't confirm anything, flavor text doesn't always work in game.
>>
>>29060234
Fast Excavalier XD
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.