[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People who take more than 15 seconds to make a play Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: mr mime.jpg (13KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
mr mime.jpg
13KB, 200x189px
>People who take more than 15 seconds to make a play

Just hurry the FUCK up!! It doesn't take that long to think of what to do

What irritates the fuck out of you when battling other people?
>>
>>29053989
when they run toxic on everything
>>
>>29053989
people that use legendaries
>>
Protect and all the stallfags.
>>
>>29053989
That's usually because they're running damage calcs.
>>
File: im so thirsty.gif (191KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
im so thirsty.gif
191KB, 500x375px
>>29054022
>toxicstall

they say gg right after
>>
>>29053989
Hello underage
>>
>>29054077
I battled a guy who took 30 seconds every turn. This shit's not hard

>>29054087
>Being slow
>>
File: 1466854112593.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1466854112593.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>29054110
>turn based strategy game
>complaining that people take time to think about strategy
>>
>>29054110
Whoa, 30 seconds? That's SO LONG!

Retard. You have to actually think about what your opponent might do, and react accordingly.
>>
>>29054077
>not just winging it

Also they assume standard sets right?
>>
File: aniki.gif (460KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
aniki.gif
460KB, 352x240px
>>29054224
>>29054269
>Strategy
>30 seconds to think of plays you've done thousands of times since it's almost always the same pokemons in a team

Plus, if it takes you that long to react to every single move, then you're probably not even decent or slow for no good reason.

Competitive is all about memorizing sets and what things can do/can't do. So eventually, it should come naturally.

My point stands and it'll keep happening but I find it irritating. Which is the point of this thread.
>>
>>29055668
If the game is that simplistic in your mind, then you probably suck. There's usually multiple things to think about and things to consider for the long term battle
>>
The saddest shit is when someone knows they lost, so they leave the match, but turn off the "forfeit when leave" thing to make you wait for it. But then, with 10 seconds left, they come back hoping you left so they can still win.

Nothing is sadder.
>>
>What irritates the fuck out of you when battling other people?
genies
when they have one doomed pokemon left and stall with protect because they're butthurt
>>
>>29055927
It's like you can't read.

>Competitive is all about memorizing sets and what things can do/can't do. So eventually, it should come naturally

This applies to long term battles too. Not reading/understanding a post before countering makes you look really stupid.

It's Pokemon, it's super simple. Even the "sick plays" you sometimes pull off are extremely simple. You're an idiot.
>>
>guy sets up and takes out your ace
>"gg"
>you make a comeback
>leaves without saying anything
>>
File: izayoi's justice.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
izayoi's justice.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>29055966
>People who make you wait 120 seconds when they know they're going to lose

Fuck you if you do this

>>29056008
Fuck the genies and their meta.
>>
>Opponent gives pre-emptive "GG" when they're winning
>Opponent procedes to lose due to RNG
Nothing feels better lads
>>
>use a gimmick shitmon
>opponent says that it sucks and that I should not use it
>said shitmon becomes mvp because opponent does not know how to deal with it
>opponent leaves
>>
>>29055668
This isn't even entirely true, there are way more factors in battling that prolong turn duration. Not every single battle plays out the same way, there are plenty of other things that you can't anticipate, such as someone simply using an unusual set or hax. Also your opponents don't all always do the exact same thing regardless of whether their team is the exact same, you have to adapt to the situation so much.
>>
>opponent turns on timer as soon as battle starts
>loses to inactivity
>>
>>29056186

>hax
>>
>>29056186
There's only so much you can do with the same pokemon. Even with unusual sets, it's still kind of obvious what it could have (if you don't already know it's other sets).

No shit, not everybody plays the same. Here's the adaptation you're talking about.

>if "x" does "y", I do "z"
>if "x" goes for "y", I could predict "z"

Again, it's not hard, it's just memorization. Plus, it's mostly people taking forever to make a bad play and lose. Wasting time. Which is (sometimes) remedied by being high on the ladder.
>>
After playing Randoms thousands of times you pretty much realize that almost every pokemon has like two sets, some versatile ones have 3-4, and sometimes people will run an unconventional hybrid set. It is very rare that you will run into something completely unexpected, which can blindside you by being so gimmicky no one could expect it(Specs Chesnaught).

Pokemon is pretty much like chess, it IS very deep, but at the same time once you have been versed in the game long enough, patterns, meta, optimal moves, etc. emerge.
>>
File: liquid.png (2KB, 55x55px) Image search: [Google]
liquid.png
2KB, 55x55px
>People that start taking a minute or more to make a play when they know they're about to lose
>>
>>29056054
Memorizing is only part of the game game retard, every match plays out differently.
>>
>>29053989
>those guys who are on another tab while they play so they don't realize a turn was made until a minute later

usually me
>>
File: cmon.png (29KB, 128x137px) Image search: [Google]
cmon.png
29KB, 128x137px
>>29056452
>every match plays out differently

I never said they don't, you mongoloid. You just know what to do after a while and only gimmicks will take you by surprise.

Refer to >>29056344
>>
>>29053989
When people do No Reason Protects. Protects that have absolutely no purpose.
They don't make a prediction after.
They don't have left overs, or are too low for left overs to matter.
Using it when it's a 5-1 and I have plenty of PP on my x4 SE coverage that's boosted twice.
>>
>>29056543
You don't really understand at all, it doesn't matter how much knowledge and experience you have, there are always things to spend time thinking about in a match if you want to maximize your chance of winning. Playing on auto pilot will only work in low-mid level matches.
>>
>>29056680

What could you possibly need to think about so hard that it takes over half a minute every single turn? Sometimes I've "really had to think" and consider all the variables, and it takes 30 seconds. But not on every fucking move.
>>
>>29054033
People that complain about legendaries.
>>
People who use the most cookie cutter teams. Like Azumarill/Lando-T/Talonflame/Skarmory/M-Scizor. Is that really fun to just use SMOGON: THE EXPERIENCE every fight?
>>
>>29056680
>it doesn't matter how much knowledge and experience you have
>in a game where people use efficient presets with efficient strats

Even calcs get memorized depending on what you're hitting bulky/offensive blah blah.

I'm fine with having an argument but that statement was really dense.
>>
>Premature gg from both sides
>people that get mad if you use a mon from a lower tier, it's funny when they get rekt by it though
I could say W-o-W and Knock Off but I also use them on some teams
>>
>>29055966
I don't even care about muh points, but I make it a point to stay just to teach these faggots they're wasting their time.
Also sometimes when opp is being whiny about my strategy I ask them if I should let them win and forfeit just before I deal the final blow.
>>
>>29056772
>People use the best tools available to win
The nerve.
Do you really think any other format is any better? At least your shitmon bros can somewhat stand a chance in Smogon's tiers.

Azumarill is falling out of favor, by the way. It's good, but not cookie cutter status anymore.
>>
>>29057903

I didn't say anything about tiers, though, you asshurt faggot.
>>
>>29057840
What's your "strategy"?

Toxic Wish stall? I'm actually curious as to what is making people bitch at you.
>>
>>29053989
>opponent running all bulky stalls
>bring out wall/stallbreaker
>get killed by a lucky critical
>forced to play 80 turns and lose or forfeit
>>
How common does /vp/ think Toxic stall is? Stall is more oriented toward hazards these days.

>>29057912
Okay. Just ignore the rest of the post and reply to the side comment.
>>
>>29057943

Yeah well I didn't say anything about the other tiers either. UU and RU have cookie cutter teams too. My complaint was not about people who use "the best tools available." It was about people who use basically the same team, so if you fight 10 people, 4 of them will have nearly the exact same team with 1 pokemon being different. That's boring.

You proceeded to fly off the handle and then say a bunch of shit I never said, and now you're trying to make it sound like I dodged your argument. What argument? The stuff about the shit I never said? Who fucking cares?

Stay mad, smogonshitter.
>>
>>29057903
How did that go over your head?

He's not complaining about it being hard to face. It's just boring to play against/see.

Also ties into the whole "taking way too long when it's obvious you're just going to u-turn"
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (147KB, 725x210px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
147KB, 725x210px
tfw
>>
>>29054033
Were your parents related before they were married?
>>
>>29057989
I didn't imply that he said anything about it being hard to face. I'm saying you shouldn't bitch that people are using the premier physical counter to face off against the premier physical threats.

Believe it or not, sometim s you do need to think about clicking U-Turn. It's not always as brainless as muh prediction bring in megacham get a kill

>>29057986
You're full of shit. I don't get where the same team meme comes from because it never happens, barring flavor of the month teams like Azelf birdspam. Look at SPL, hell just click the Watch a Battle on Showdown and you'll see much more variety than any other format. But sure I guess there's the same twenty Pokémon in OU, soo much better to play Battle Spot and face the same ten Pokémon instead.
>>
>>29058072
So you can wait 650 seconds on the first turn and still be good?
>>
>>29053989
I cornered a guy's Kyogre via a Shedinja with a shitty gimmick team I was using. He proceeded to use protect every time the timer was almost out and stalled out 14 minutes worth of battle time for a "win."
>>
>>29056111
>opponent gives preemptive gg when they're winning
>loses due to my ebin memesets

Counter-sash Gengar was my nigga
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.