[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a pokemon so situational and shitty that the only gimmick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Fun-with-Directions-512-icon.png (99KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Fun-with-Directions-512-icon.png
99KB, 512x512px
>a pokemon so situational and shitty that the only gimmick it had was made completely obsolete by new gen mechanics and now it sits lonely on a tier of shitmons too useless to even be paired with other shitmons

What is my name. /vp/?
>>
Flygon
>>
>>29051206
Oranguru and Passimian
>>
>>29051206
Kangaskhan
>>
Politoed and ninetales :'(
>>
>>29051206
Shedninja
>>
Spiritomb
>>
The only way those fucks will become obsolete if they removed double battles
>>
>>29051206
Castform?
>>
>>29051206
zoroark
>>
>>29051384
Shit meant to reply to >>29051283
>>
>>29051206
Spinda. Introduced the generation before Pokemon had slight differences by gender.

Gastrodon. Not quite a shitmon, but it's regional forms were made redundant by Alola forms. Not like anyone actually uses the blue one anyways.

Dusknoir. It was the best thing to happen to Dusclops, and put its name on the ma. This became even more true when gen 5 brought in the Eviolite.
>>
Chatot?
>>
Garchmp
>>
File: 1476101452804.jpg (107KB, 1174x715px) Image search: [Google]
1476101452804.jpg
107KB, 1174x715px
>>29051474

>Chatot

This guy gets, gimmick bird with gimmick move rendered obsolete by updated technology. Has garbage stats, no evolution to support itself and extremely common typing.

Barely memorable, the bird should be deleted from this world.
>>
>>29051206
Zoroark.
>>
>>29051703
Chatter got a fantastic buff though.
>>
>>29051703
It lives on with one of the few moves that cannot be sketched.
>>
>>29051394

I also thought this lol
>>
Wobbuffet
>>
>>29051703
Nasty plot boomburst is kinda cool though.
>>
>>29051703
Anyone have that showdown replay of the Chatot sweep? I mean you're not wrong about it being shitty and situational but when you can get the thing to work, it really works.
>>
>>29051362
So true.
It's whole deal was being defensive, and having no weaknesses. But now it has a weakness and it's HA isn't even defense related. And doesn't even have reliable recovery like it's cousin Sableye.

Shame too, love that lore and the way it's appeared as a bizarre easter egg in many games.
>>
Sawsbuck
>>
>>29051337
It's gimmick is just as situational as it's even been though. It's not really a matter of the mechanics evolving without it.
>>
>>29051394
>>29051826
was it's gimmick ever viable though?
>>
>>29052556
I'd say so with how prevalent the weather wars were before they all got nerfed.
>>
>>29051206
plusle and minun
>>
>>29052610
I thought it was pretty much absent from those wars though. It just didn't seem to benefit from weather as much as you'd expect.
>>
>>29052556
No because its stats were always shit.
>>
Kinda the opposite of what happened with Shuckle recently.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.