[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to get back into the competitive scene for pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1287274960258.gif (23KB, 854x740px) Image search: [Google]
1287274960258.gif
23KB, 854x740px
I'm looking to get back into the competitive scene for pokemon (no, not to the point of smogonfaggotry) in preparation for SM, what's a good starting point for a returner? My last experience with it dates back to gen 4.

Or would I be better off to wait until SM releases?
>>
Learn all the new move/ability changes. Knock Off became gods gift, Sturdy prevents OHKO's, etc.

Also learn to hate Azu
>>
>>29045644
Current competitive scene is fucking trash that will make you yearn for weather wars. Wait to see if SM mixes it up at all and if it doesn't, just stay away.
>>
>>29045671
>Knock Off became God's gift
More like Knock Off is God power in the hands of mortals that should be taken away.
>>
>>29045675
The current competitive scene is actually pretty great imo. Unless you're referring to VGC2016 in particular, because that is admittedly pretty garbage.
>>
>>29045671
>>29045690
What have they done to it?
>>
>>29045714
65 base power, goes up 1.5 times if the target is holding an item.
>>
>>29045714
It got a big damage increase, so you basically get to cripple most mons in the game while doing good damage.
>>
>>29045644
What the fuck do you mean by "Smogon faggotry"

As in, you don't play the Smogon format? Or the, "Look at me Im such a unique snowflake who uses shitmons."

Either way, you're probably a fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1252726491480.jpg (84KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
1252726491480.jpg
84KB, 584x584px
>>29045941
>>
>>29045996
>
>>
>>29045671
>>29045690
Scald is also a fucking piece of trash that shouldn't be strong. Literally almost every water type mon knows it, it has good damage plus the 30% chance of burning
>>
>>29046361
Scald is actually a weak move. The burn chance is the reason it's busted.
>>
File: hoopa_doughnuts_by_solairemomo.png (439KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
hoopa_doughnuts_by_solairemomo.png
439KB, 1024x789px
>>29045644
> How to not become a Smogonfag, a Normie's guide

> 1) Ignore the Smogon Tiers as anything more than "List of what the other people are using".
Seriously. These people fear WOBUFFET and restrict it to the same tier as Mega Rayquaza. Don't take them seriously.

>2) Remember to look for type coverage.
Don't just stick to the same kind of move as your pokemon's element (ex: pidgeot with all flying moves). Add moves that will help you fight a variety of pokemon, especially those you are weak to,

>3) If you are not having fun STOP.
When fun becomes a chore of grinding and number crunching you are doing it wrong. This is about fun, not spamming the same OP mons over and over in the exact same teams forever.

> Getting back to Battle
If using XY, battle in the Battle Maison and Battle Chateau as a warm-up. From there do unrated battles online. Expect to get stomped a lot, but it's not rated so no big deal, right? You'll get better and that's the point.

Also don't be afraid to be creative. You don't need to be sunny day charziard guy #4597474. Anyone who tells you otherwise should be ignored. That said, some mons just don't work and never will (ex: Skitty) so don't get too hooked on any particular mon.
>>
File: ProveMeWrong.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ProveMeWrong.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>29046678
>Seriously. These people fear WOBUFFET and restrict it to the same tier as Mega Rayquaza. Don't take them seriously.

What do M-Rayquaza and Wobuffet even have to with eachother? If you're regarding the Shadow Tag ban that literally only applies to the ability, the pokemon that have the option to use that ability can still be used outside of Ubers if they don't have Shadow Tag. Also, M-Rayquaza isn't in Ubers, it hasn't been for sometime now, so the connection you made between it and Wobuffet makes even less sense desu.
>>
>>29046430
>80 base power
>weak
Pick one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.