[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the love of fuck, are they not able to suggest a non-legendary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: smogonasseenfromoutside.png (962KB, 1250x553px) Image search: [Google]
smogonasseenfromoutside.png
962KB, 1250x553px
For the love of fuck, are they not able to suggest a non-legendary moveset that DOESN'T require a move to be bred on? Maybe I'd like to use some of these wild captures I've accumulated.
>>
>>29037999
Smogon is for their own competitive geared house rules. From the suggested sets, to the EV spreads, to the tiers.
If you want a moveset just go on bulbapedia/serebii look up the mon and use your head on what will be best.
>>
>>29037999
It's now smogon's fault on how GF works.
They only suggests the better and possible movesets.
>>
>>29037999
>Maybe I'd like to use some of these wild captures I've accumulated.
Then use them. No one's forcing you to go on smogon u retard.
>>
I'm mad Aegislash gets associated with them
>>
>Game Freak makes unbalanced as fuck metagame
>Smogon tries to create tiers where almost any Pokémon can be viable
>Smogon gets blamed for only having certain Pokémon be useful because people only focus on OU

???
>>
You can capture a decent number of Pokemon with egg moves in the wild in ORAS.
>>
>>29037999
That was funny
>>
So you're NOT supposed to use good moves? I mean, that's not even a smogon thing.

What I do have an issue with Smogon is there obsession with putting defog on things that literally can't get defog anymore, like Skarmory.
>>
>>29039584
>Smogon gets blamed for only having certain Pokémon be useful because people only focus on OU

Thats the problem. You're shepherding people into using only DA BES, with only DA BES sanctioned movesets
>>
>>29039680
So just like the official Pokemon meta?
>>
>>29037999
How are you catching wild pokemon in a battle simulator?
>>
>>29039680
I was also a smogon hater because they banned my bro aegislash and SD Baton Pass Scolipede which were top bro tier mons for me, but I've recenstly started to play battlespot and the amount of Mega Mom and Swagger klefki it's unbelievable and annoying.
>>29039680
So, it seems to me, they're actually doing the opposite, yknow, amking sure you're not only using da bes
>>
>>29039680
Are you retarded?

Not that I play on simulators at all, but there's about 10 optimal Pokemon on Battle Spot that outclass everything else. High ranking rated battles all looked almost identical this gen. If Smogon's tier list was the official format for real Pokemon games it'd be much more fun and varied, but it isn't real, so nobody should care about some weird simulator rules.
>>
>>29037999
Evasion increases are one of the worst things ever considered by gamefreak. It seriously take the fun out of any match.
I could do without a lot from Smogon, but that's one rule I always run.
Oh, and sleep clause. Because why the fuck would it be okay to make someone's whole team sleep?
>>
>>29037999
I never understood why idiots think that Smogon actually reduces choice in the meta, play ranked battlespot and see what singles looks like without Smogon's banlist. There are less viable pokemon than you see in Smogon OU.
>>
>>29037999
>non-legendary moveset that DOESN'T require a move to be bred on?

That's not even the problem, there's plenty of good mons like Gyarados and Metagross that work without egg moves. Event moves and old gen tutors are the real cancer. Fucking Softboil Clefable.
>>
>>29041709
Unaware is great on its own right though.
>>
>>29037999
>Wanting to miss out useful egg moves like Icicle Crash on Weavile or Dragon Dance on Charizard
Your loss.
>>
>>29037999
You can just use a different move anon. But if you want a viable mon, you should breed it. Not just for that move, but for decent stats
>>
>>29039680
You do understand you can use lower tierd pokemon in OU right? They're just not in OU cause no one uses them. They do ban pokemon that influence a tier too much though, that's why BL tiers exist.
>>
>>29039680
>people play to win
>use the best tools available
the fucking nerve
>>
>>29039680
>Playing to win
>Implying someone wouldn't use their best

So you're a casual shitter, you could have included that in your post.
>>
File: NO FUN ALLOWED.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
NO FUN ALLOWED.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>
>>29041709
>Event moves and old gen tutors are the real cancer.
Wish Chansey is, by far, the biggest offender. It's a super commonly run move, but the only way to get it was from a very short-lived Japanese event back in gen 3. If you evolved it into Blissey during the two generations when there was no reason not to, then you're fucked.

You'll never see a legitimate Wish Chansey online.
>>
>>29043647
Worse. It was a US event in New York that lasted two weeks. It wasn't a Chansey distribution, it was an egg with a 1/6 chance of hatching in Chansey. Most people who got the egg probably still didn't have a Chansey.
>>
>>29039680
Do you understand the concept of a competition?
>>
File: file.png (12KB, 346x574px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12KB, 346x574px
>>29043647
Wish isn't too common.
Stats from 1695, 1500 puts it at ~20%
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.