[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Rather than any actual feedback from players, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: MASUUUDAAAAAA!!!.jpg (163KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
MASUUUDAAAAAA!!!.jpg
163KB, 610x343px
>"Rather than any actual feedback from players, it's more accepting the realities of modern life," he said. "Kids these days or even people who grew up playing Pokemon--everyone is a lot more busy. There are a lot more things competing for a person's time than there were back then. For example, there are so many free games you can play on your phone now, there's so many entertainment options, so making it a little easier to play is the reason for that."

>muh phone app boogieman

Was the biggest meme that GF fell for?
>>
>>29036760
Why would you think people paying ~100$ minimum for a console then 40$ for a game want it to be like a smartphone app
>>
>>29036760

I'm oh ok with that.
>>
>>29036760
Nintendo,Game Freak and the Pokemon Company, they are all totally retarded, Pokemon could be so much better after all these years, but no, it still the same shit everytime and the graphics take 500 years to get slightly better. Everything is so limited and all the RNG/luck-based shit in this game ...

Pokemon will never be as good as we want.
>>
what, he's right. There are factually more things competing for your attention these days.
>>
>>29036779
T H I S
H
I
S

Hold yourselves to a fucking higher standard, GameFreak.
>>
File: 3.png (207KB, 518x349px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
207KB, 518x349px
>>29036760
It looks like they're still doing that meme with sun n moon
>>
>>29036760
I'm fine with making them easier to play - but not implementing anything optional to increase the challenge for the main game just sours the experience.
>>
>>29036846
So the strategy of not trying to compete, just aiming to coexist, is valid?
>>
>>29036822
Quit holding it up to insurmountable levels.
It's a childrens JRPG game
>>
>>29036891
no reason to make it rng shit.
there are so many good japanese rpg games and masuda even said "POKEMON IS NOT JUST FOR KIDS" any he know that there are much more adult players than little fucking children.
>>
>>29036760
>Haha... I don't know.
>>
>>29036870
They did reintroduce BW's exp scaling though, right? That could be a sign of better things to come. Even if the exp share is introduced earlygame (pls no GF), it wont be so effective right?
>>
>>29036870
This is honestly a fine feature. Tons of genwunners are getting back on the poketrain and given that there are ~700 new pokemon and 3 new types since then, plus some other type chart changes these people would be confused without it.

People who've stuck with the franchise won't need it anyways.
>>
>>29036874
I think you got things mixed up. If Pokemon were trying to compete, it'd be a free-to-play phone app with a Gacha that spits out legendary and Shiny Pokemon - For a small fee. What Pokemon is doing right now is coexisting.
>>
>>29036870
Funnily enough Masuda is the one who pushed for that
>>
>>29036947
JUST. TURN. IT. OFF.

christ it takes five seconds you are a child
>>
>>29037089
That still didn't stop X and Y from being the easiest without it

Also it's a great system. Hard to overlevel/powerthrough with a starter

Weaker ones get higher
>>
>>29037089
Nigga, thats xpshare, not xp scaling.
>>
>>29037054
Masuda is like an apprehensive father even though his son Ohmori already grew up
>>
>>29036822
Yet it sells.
>>
>>29036914
>there are so many good japanese rpg games
That all have worse RNG. The reality is that pokemon is being lenient.
>>
>>29037109
>That still didn't stop X and Y from being the easiest without it
It did, because the region with the weakest Pokemon around is not Kalos but Johto.
>>
>>29037109
>That still didn't stop X and Y from being the easiest without it
It kind of did, without the exp share XY moves up to about third easiest following gens 1 and 2.
>>
>>29037124
That anon actually mentioned the exp share.
>>
>>29036870
Whats the problem here? You know it only does this after youve already beaten the pokemon once, which means you already know what fucking type it is?
It's just an in-game type chart, which you retards have been asking for since gen 3.
>>
>>29036760
you should never believe what Masuda says, he's like a japanese version of Sean Murray

>b-but we didn't include customization cause the fashion theme is specific to Kalos
>e3 2016 "oh btw you can customize your character in SM as well xd"
>>
>>29037089
>>29037197
Easy there faggot, I wasn't arguing against the exp share as a feature or using/not using it. I think it's great for EV training and I hope it's back. I'm saying that the old exp system returning could be indicative of a more challenging system in SM, despite things like the exp share being in the game
>>
>>29037246
This. He says something different in every single interview.

But being completely honest, he intended Customization to be Kalos-exclusive. But he realized how much money would be lost if they didnt add it back on and how many people complained about missing it in ORAS
>>
>>29036891
The games were revolutionary not only in its popularity but mechanically compared to other JRPGs of the time. People just take it for granted because "it's Pokemon". The closest thing was Earthbound, with its open world, modern setting, and approach to random encounters, but that game lacked player expression since it was so story-centric. 151 unique party members is crazy, among other things. More people need to notice.
>>
>>29037171
I'm going to disagree because in Kanto you need to explore and was hard when you were a kid, you were just railroaded around

Johto's Red too

Nothing in XY was ever "hard"
>>
This might be a Japanese thing, honestly. Phone games take a different level there,what with all the phone ports of old games and all that. Most American gamers treat phone games as anything between 'garbage' and 'eh', where as in Japan they're more inclined to treat a phone as it's own game system and include it as a possible future port.
>>
>>29037264
>But being completely honest, he intended Customization to be Kalos-exclusive.

I believe this. They were pretty set on each region having its own gimmick and now that customization is a standard feature there's really nothing that Kalos has that other regions don't.

Customization was the wrong thing to pick as a regional feature to begin with

>>29037089
Also, I think there can and should be compromise as far as the exp share goes. I don't like to grind in my pokemon games, which the exp share is great for, but there's also the problem of pokemon that are always in your party becoming way too overleved. I could turn it off, but then it's back to grind town. Using the BW scaling system, I hope this is fixed somewhat so that your higher leveled mons gets less exp and stay relatively in check while your weaker mons catch up.

OR they could just allow us to select the party members that we want the exp share to affect. Thus you can select the weaker party members to catch them up, and avoid overleveling strong members if you want to.

Just telling people to "turn it off" and insulting them is honestly a terrible suggestion when you could easily change up the item a bit without hindering it at all
>>
>>29036779
Fpbp
>>
>no one asks for source
>>
>>29037466
because only you don't know how to use google.
>>
>>29036822
You clearly haven't played Hearthstone.
Play it to see how RNG/luck-based shit is.
>>
>>29036951
I hope that shit can be turned off. I've been playing this shit for 20 years
>>
File: 1474337769229.png (81KB, 784x404px) Image search: [Google]
1474337769229.png
81KB, 784x404px
>>29037436
>there's really nothing that Kalos has that other regions don't

Kalos has Tierno.
>>
>>29038267
>litetally only petal dance because LOL HE'S A FAT DANCING GUY
>>
>>29038267
Compare this to Unova with Bianca who tries to love and care for all of her Pokemon

To the point where her postgame rematch all her Pokemon run Max power Return
>>
>>29036760
Then why are the games so fucking tedious? I mean it's an RPG but you can at the very least get rid of the god damn rock smash animation.
>>
File: [deathly silence].jpg (35KB, 440x427px) Image search: [Google]
[deathly silence].jpg
35KB, 440x427px
>Masuda says something absolutely retarded again

I'm not surprised any more.
>>
>>29036760
>"Rather than any actual feedback from players,
This should be an immediate red flag. He's dismissing the actual reality of the fanbase right from the start.

Masuda is a fucking hack, and I'm glad he's not in charge of SM.
>>
>>29036870
They already did it with little symbols in PSMD, this isn't completely new
>>
>>29036870
meh, this isn't bad at all. Tons of RPGs have this nowadays.
>>
>>29039509
>Masuda is a fucking hack, and I'm glad he's not in charge of SM

He IS in charge, he's a producer. When will this meme end?
>>
>>29040537
Producers are not in charge of projects. Directors are.
>>
>>29037436
>each region having its own gimmick
This si the dumbest shit. All it really does is make it feel like they can't into features for their games.
>>
>>29036779
>mfw masuda's out of touch with the industry he works for
kek
>>
>>29038267
Still more difficult than Eusine.
>>
>>29041052
Eusine isn't a "rival."
>>
>>29036760
I don't buy Pokemon to have overpriced smartphone games, Masuda.
>>
>>29041849
And he's around the middle of the game while fatass is near endgame.
>>
>>29037318
And how long ago was that anon?
How much time have we had to improve?
And how many improvements were introduced then removed entirely?
Frankly, I'm surprised running shoes and bicycles have stayed as long as they have.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.