[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally Alola's regional Dex so far going by all the available

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: border.png (2MB, 936x2801px) Image search: [Google]
border.png
2MB, 936x2801px
Literally Alola's regional Dex so far going by all the available trailer footage.

How do you feel about padding the dex with old mons? Does it add more variety or does it remove the destroy the uniqueness of the region?
>>
I wouldn't want it to be like certain games that only let you get Pokémon from other regions post game
>>
>>29036317

So you don't want it to be good?
>>
>>29036317
So you want it to be like D/P where half of the Dex is hidden behind postgame?

>>29036263
As long as it's not like in XY where every Pokémon is only available in one place and one place only, it's okay. The region feels more alive if you could catch a Gumshoos on more routes instead of the first one only.
>>
>>29036360
Fuck off you autist, pokemon variety is better than repeated shitmons.
>>
>>29036417
>>29036346
>>29036317
I wanted something similar, but i know i wont get so this is fine, my wish was that it had around 151 mons, and whatever wasnt a new poke was an alola form, so like 100 new mons + 51 alola forms. It woud be a way of having all new pokes while also giving some old favorites in new ways. Unfortunately alola forms seem to be another way of pander to gen1 fags so they wont do other gens, leaving us with a very small pool of possibilites.
>>
>>29036417
While not the most important thing in Pokemon, having Pokemon on the same routes appear gives a sense of realism especially when a Pokemon like Gumshoos or Rattata is supposed to have infested all the islands like the rodents they are. Kalos didn't really change that either, you still had shitmon on most routes it's just the shitmon were different each time and it felt really weird, it felt like each route was meant to be it's own ecosystem however some routes were just so similar to each other it failed in that regard.
>>
>>29036263
Usually I wouldn't approve of such a lack of new Pokemon. But this regional dex is quite honestly the best I've ever seen. There isn't a single mon on this dex who I wouldn't want on my team.
>>
>>29036360
>>29036492

I love that XY had a varied dex, but I do agree with these anons about it being overall disjointed. I think XY was on the right track to the "ideal" type of pokedex since it had so many pokemon to choose from, but I wouldn't mind a regional dex of around 300-350 with more realism compared to a dex of 457 overall pokemon that are just randomly put in routes in one place and one place only.
>>
>>29036263
Anyone else find it weird that at least 3 fossil lines were fought in trailers? Archeops, Carracosta and Bastiodon?

I dunno, seems off to me, unless we get a "they were extinct but we have reintroduced them into the wild" explanation, and maybe a fossil pokemon route?
>>
>>29036645
lost island that extinction missed.
>>
>>29036593
Anon 2 here, I think Kalos' fault was the region was too small, they tried to cram 3 Pokedexes into a Region barely larger than Johto. I get there's probably some limitations due to the 3DS but what they were hoping for and what we got were certainly two very different things. I think the Kalos that GF had in mind was more like the traditional idea of exploring forests and caves like the original inspiration for Pokemon, however (most likely) due to limitations of the hardware they had to stick with standard (and even shortened) route lengths as opposed to massive routes that would've validated the triple sized dex.
>>
literally don't care about "padding". a more varied region makes the battles more fun and less repetitive. they could include all pokemon except legendaries in the dex and i wouldn't mind.
>>
>>29036655
That would also be cool, and if I remember right Jangmo-o seemed to be yhr same island? It would actually be cool to not have a fossil mon, but a lost island.
>>
>>29036263
well. I'm already more satisfied with these reveals than i was with XY mon.
>>
>>29036263
Looks great.
>>
i think some more will be revealed. but so far it isn't that bad.
>>
Soon to be done its 234 now.
>>
236 is not a bad regional dex size but I'm personally hoping for another 40+ new Pokémon. I need more Pokemon for my living dex.
>>
>>29036263
All we need to find out is Magernas pokedex number and we'll have our new number of pokemon, give or take
>>
>>29037321
Maybe it goes up to 300.
>>
>>29036656
This, which makes me worry because Alola is pretty much Johto's size, town numbers and all. I'd be surprised if it had more thana the 20 Routes Johto has. Which makes this huge dex size worrying again.

I dont want half the new mons to be one patch of grass only

>>29036593
Johto and Unova had it right, ideal dexes should be between 256 and 300
>>
>>29036263
Probably goes up to 251.
>>
>>29036263
I'd honestly really like it if this was the actual Alola Dex with a few more Alolan mons.
>>
>>29037936
We probably got 20 more mons not shown. Evos and alolan forms.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 1022x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 1022x751px
>>29036263
>forgetting Ultra Beasts

They are Pokemon
>>
>>29038030
They're not part of the pokedex.
>>
File: lmaoing at ur life.jpg (21KB, 130x184px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoing at ur life.jpg
21KB, 130x184px
>>29038030
>no cries
>no types
in your dreams maybe lol
>>
>>29036417
My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do.
... I just fuckin' hate this world. And the human worms feasting on its corpus. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here.
>>
>>29038069
We don't know their types yet. And UB-01's cry can be heard in two different trailers.

They are Pokemon.
>>
>>29038085
>UB-01's cry
one of the Jap trailers shows that that's the sound from the Ultra-Breach
try again
>>
>>29038085
They dont have pokemon types or listed as pokemon in japan website.

They might be catachable but theyre not pokemon.
>>
>>29038126
Idiot

UB-01 CRY

At 2:39 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbMGKvN6ts

At 1:25 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6QuYi3rpo
>>
>>29036263
>there are only 13 pokemon I give a shit about.
oh boy
>>
I like so much of these new pokemon and there are so many of old favourites that I'm gonna find it really hard to choose teams!
>>
>>29038075
I swear to God, I saw this posted on another thread on /vp/.
>>
>>29038165
UB-01 is coming out of the Ultra-Breach in both videos, you aren't proving anything
>>
>>29036593
XY had the worst dex of all if you ask me.

Way too many Pokemon that made no sense in the habitats they were and way too few of them were new Pokemon.
>>
>>29038283
hello newfriend
this is called: pasta
And don't forget: /vp/ exists for shitposting
enjoy your time!
>>
>>29038424
While I liked the gen 6 lineup, I will admit that they did fuck-all with the whole theme of France. Not a single Pokemon even remotely made me think "Oh man, this is a French-inspiried pokemon", yet now GF is using their location to their advantage.
>>
>>29038518
France was multiculturism. Kinda like how whites dont exist in the top citys anymore.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.