[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 43

File: Lurantis-GX-Sun-Moon[1].jpg (162KB, 681x889px) Image search: [Google]
Lurantis-GX-Sun-Moon[1].jpg
162KB, 681x889px
Old: >>28995311

New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: How do you feel about the reintroduction of evolved EXs?
>>
>>29031183
if you're fucking 5 maybe
>>
>>29031193
well i never looked at it like that. you've changed my entire outlook. thank you kind stranger.
>>
>>29031183
5ban shit is epitome of shit taste.
They know that kids doesn't give a fuck, and a lot people who actually spends money on it, is willing to spend extra on a better looking card.
>>
>>29031246
You can like shit anon, it just tells that you have the same taste as a 5 yo, nothing wrong with that, you are entitled to your own taste. But a card looking good or bad is not subjective and 5ban looks like shit 95% of the time.
>>
Can someone please post a competitive greninja break list? I'm too poor for shaymin.
>>
>>29031371
of course taste is subjective, personal taste is the most subjective thing there is.
>>
anybody in the tcgo willing to trade steelix ex for a magearna ex promo?
>>
>>29031542
If you come across a guy eating a pile of dog shit you're going to say "you're fucking disgusting"
If that guy says "You can't say that, it's personal taste. I happen to like the taste of shit" it doesn't mean that it's okay for him to eat shit.
Just like it isn't okay to like 5ban shitphics
>>
>>29031371
I can guarantee my taste is better than yours in every single way and I like this cards art.

You've got garbage taste, and need to stop sperging over someone having better taste than you. He may "have taste" like a 5 year old, but you're behaving like one
>>
>>29031153
what's that gx move?
>>
>>29031680
Without knowing japanese? 50 damage times the number of grass energy attached.
>>
>>29031680
G] Chloro-Size GX: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage times the number of [G] Energy attached to this Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack a game.)

Im hyped to collect the sun moon sets, doing both JP and english cards . Rip wallet
>>
>>29031766
hopefully they'll make standard interesting again
>>
Where are these gen 7 cards coming from?
>>
Has anyone tried using exploud's cacophony? It seems like it might be too slow, between being a stage 2 and the attack taking it's sweet time to take effect, but it seems very interesting.
>>
File: ExploudEXEmerald3.jpg (81KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
ExploudEXEmerald3.jpg
81KB, 355x500px
>>29032630
Mayhaps. Maybe try it with cards that increase retreat cost but the three energy cost with no K.O doesnt please me.

Sort of related are there any other cards with more than three attacks?
>>
>>29032711
No too many. I actually have a folder of weird/unique cards.
>>
File: jirachi-roaring-skies-ros-42.jpg (839KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
jirachi-roaring-skies-ros-42.jpg
839KB, 700x990px
>>29032630
It's weird, we got a much, much better version of that Exploud three sets BEFORE it.
>Basic
>Same energy cost
>Usable first attack
The only downside is you need to discard your energies, but with Bronzong last format and Max Elixer now, this shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>29032958
Show some, I'm interested
>>
File: exploud-hidden-legends-hl-6.jpg (195KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
exploud-hidden-legends-hl-6.jpg
195KB, 600x835px
>>29033028
I think these two Explouds and that Tyranitar are the only ones with four attacks.
Meanwhile there are plenty of cards with enough text on them for more than four attacks.
>>
>>29031153
>GX can evolve from Basics
COOL AS FUCK!
> 1 Grass for 40 damage, accelerate 2 Grass from discard to any of your Pokemon in anyway
>210 HP

HOLY SHIT!
And the second attack does 120 damage and heals for 20, this thing looks fucking amazing
>>
>>29032958
>>29033028
seconding, show the rest of your folder anon!
>>
>>29031644
>I can guarantee my taste is better than yours in every single way and I like this cards art.
>likes shitty mass produced 3D render instead of actual drawing made by a great artist that has its own style
What exactly in having a superior taste and wanting your peers to have a better taste is "behaving like a 5yo".

>I have a better taste
>likes 5ban shit
It is literal garbage made for kids to be thrilled. Just look at Mewtwo-EX, one of the arts is clearly superior, but kids will still prefer the one in 3D, because they are kids.
>>
File: plusle minun dragon dr.png (1MB, 799x550px) Image search: [Google]
plusle minun dragon dr.png
1MB, 799x550px
>>29034554
I'd really rather not dump a few dozen cards. They're just unique mechanics or concepts that haven't been reprinted in a while, nothing fancy.
>>
>>29035532
>plusle before minum
This triggers me. The art on the card is made to be seen side-by-side in print number order, because both are looking at the same thing.
>>
>>29035532
it's european hours, your dump won't bother anyone, it will only entertain me and the others who asked for it!
cool concept btw, love the arts too
>>
>>29033428
It's a shit Volcanion that also loses to Volcanion
>>
>>29036402
It's pretty much the best stage 1 we've had in a while. Which says more about how garbage evolving pokemon are than anything about it's quality.
>>
>>29032630
been toying with it here since you mentioned it - a Exploud/Talonflame build with fairy for the retreat. Evolving breaks the attack. As does switching. As does Ranger which has all of a sudden appeared in every fucking deck since I started toying with it.

Fun when it works but slow. Banette to turn off Float Stones would be neat, or Vileplume to stop em being attached (but bye bye candy), but then the deck will get clunky af.
>>
>>29036470
>Evolving breaks the attack. As does switching.
This is weird, since I figured the effect should be on the player. Hell, I thought bodyguard marowak existed exactly for stuff like it.
>>
Need some help with a deck I have in mind. Posted about building it a couple of threads ago, only just got around to it. I'm focusing on disruption. Anything at x2 is essentially a placeholder, definitely okay with replacing a lot of it providing it holds true to the goal of making people miserable. Parallel City is considered to get Shaymin off my bench. Unsure about Olympia entirely. FFB to push Chaos Wheel to 110, which means Float Stones are a bit useless, right? Do I need a secondary attacker? Maybe something that benefits from the multiple energies I'd have in play?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I don't often make my own decks, normally just tweak stuff I've seen online to my liking. I'm really not expecting it to dominate, I just want something new to play, and I find energy denial and disruption to be fun.
>>
>>29036557
Why would it be on the player? It clearly says "the defending Pokemon".
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-10+at+02.40.44).png (874KB, 1158x726px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-10+at+02.40.44).png
874KB, 1158x726px
>>29036602
Wrong image.
>>
>>29036616
Back before Giratina became "good" alongside Darkrai, it was either used as a tech in certain decks like Tyrantrum, or people had the bright idea of pairing it with Vileplume for a full lock. Tyrantrum's dead, but you can still try Giratina/Darkrai or Giratina/Xerneas, or try to force Giratina/Vileplume.

The biggest issue with Giratina in general is that it's too slow to be consistent. Four energies is a lot, even if it's just two attaches, especially when there's no acceleration. The lock won't hit the board in a reasonable amount of time, and it's not a hard lock by any means.
>>
>>29036784
I definitely see the speed being a problem. I was hoping the disruption and denial would help slow things down for my opponent too, but I haven't had a chance to test that out yet. It's not so much about Giratina as it is just being a pain in the ass, and that was the card I thought might fit that the best.
>>
A friend of mine who collects TCG cards IRL without playing online gave me these.

First 5 post get the code they rolled
there are something like 160 codes here, form BW- plasma to XY
>>
File: 20161010_165943.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_165943.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>29037601
forgot immage
>>
>>29037601
Roll a 5 and get a code? You might be here a while given how many you have and how slow it is, but I'll roll. [email protected] if i get shit
>>
>>29037601
I'll post pulls if I get a code.
>>
>>29037632
give code meme
>>
>>29037632
Don't forget to leave the scan label visible
>>
>>29037601
[email protected]
Do you have any theme deck or tin codes? Packs are nice but I really need those.
>>
>>29037814
Also if you have some sr ultra balls i can trade some primal clash packs for them
>>
>>29037658
You are right, I didn't explain what I meant.
There are 160 codes here and by replying to my post you get the code n.58 sent

>>29037675
75 LTD-7Y67.MLD-U8H
>>29037684
84 NG5-YR33.6JQ-PV
>>29037717
17 5XM-R5NV.M7R-NNH

>>29037814
I've no idea, I didn't check'em all
sent something
>>
>>29037856
Welp, I was the guy who was going to post the pulls, but someone sniped it before me.
Thanks anyway.
>>
>>29037856
MINE DIDNT WORK SADLY

84 HERE

THANKS ANYWAY DESU
>>
File: busybody.png (1MB, 836x994px) Image search: [Google]
busybody.png
1MB, 836x994px
>>29037856
>>29037814 here, you emailed me a Flashfire and Boundaries Crossed pack
This is perfect, I actually had a trade up for that Audino. Thank you!
>>
>>29036606
>At the end of your opponent's next turn, discard the Defending Pokémon and all cards attached to it.
By wording, in any other TCG, it's an effect that takes place at the end of the opponent's turn, affecting the defending pokemon that is there at the time; thus it would be on the player. This game has the shittiest wording out of any TCG I've played. It's like how ranger, by wording, should remove all text from all attacks.
>>
>>29038090
>By wording, in any other TCG, it's an effect that takes place at the end of the opponent's turn, affecting the defending pokemon that is there at the time; thus it would be on the player.
That's not true, though. It doesn't say "the player discards his Pokemon". It clearly says the affected target in plain english. Can't be any clearer than that, the words "defending Pokemon" are right there in the text.

>This game has the shittiest wording out of any TCG I've played. It's like how ranger, by wording, should remove all text from all attacks.
But it does that. Can you name an attack it doesn't affect?
>>
>>29032330
Check Pokebeach. It mainly does TCG news.
>>
>>29037908
>>29037924
IM NOT GONNA GIVE YOU UP

986-PFAU.HAS-3LK
YSM-8YKH.6PB-TXY
>>
>>29038131
It's a technicality, like how a ton of things on yu-gi-oh can't stop things that target simply because they don't use the word "target" on the text box. Similarly, the effect is on the pokemon, despite the instructions being for the player to discard their defending pokemon at the end of the turn.

How pokemon ranger works is that you remove lasting effects that were on the pokemon and players at the moment. You don't empty text boxes, nor stop new effects from happening, despite the text saying that you "remove all effects from attacks" which, by other TCGs' standards, would mean you empty out text boxes and all attacks now do nothing but vanilla damage.

Pokemon has a style of wording that is very archaic when compared to other flagship TCGs, and I guess there is nothing wrong with that, but shit can be confusing when you come from other games.
>>
>>29038321
>Similarly, the effect is on the pokemon, despite the instructions being for the player to discard their defending pokemon at the end of the turn.
Again, the instructions do not say that. It doesn't say "the player discards his Pokemon". It specifies the target plainly. There's nothing in the text to cause confusion, you're talking about keywords that simply aren't in the text.

>You don't empty text boxes, nor stop new effects from happening, despite the text saying that you "remove all effects from attacks" which, by other TCGs' standards, would mean you empty out text boxes and all attacks now do nothing but vanilla damage.
But the text doesn't imply that you should do that. It says "removes effects from attacks", not "attacks no longer have effects", and in neither case does it specify the text on an attack. I guess if English isn't your first language, that might be a bit confusing, but if you have a grasp on the language you should be able to figure this out plainly.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but there shouldn't be any confusion here at all. It sounds like you're taking logic from some other game and expecting it to work here, despite nothing even implying that it should work that way. Just read the card and all confusion should be gone.
>>
>>29037601
I'll take one I guess.
[email protected]
>>
>>29038398
>Just read the card and all confusion should be gone.

That's exactly where the confusion comes from, dumbass. From "just reading the card"
>>
>>29038825
sent
>>
>>29037601
If you have any left to give away that'd be cool
[email protected]
>>
>>29038910
Not him, but
defending pokemon =/= opponent's active pokemon
The target of the move's effect is one the defending pokemon. It should really be knocked out even if it's benched, though. It makes no sense that it doesn't do that.
Ranger's description is awkward as fuck though
>>
>>29037632
i'll take anything
i intend on opening and not hoarding
[email protected]
>>
>>29039038
>defending pokemon =/= opponent's active pokemon
Okay.

And my understanding about benching is that it removes everything on the pokemon and doesn't give a fuck about where it comes from.
>>
>>29039066
sent

that was the last one.
Im gonna give some more later
>>
>>29038910
But there shouldn't be any confusion at all.

Read Cacophany. It specifies the Defending Pokemon in the text. It's actually the only target specified. Neither player is listed there.
So, by simply reading the card, we've deciphered that the target is literally listed there.

You, on the other hand, read this and somehow inserted your own text and keywords in there. Where do you see it specifying a player? What word in the text implies that?

We can actually just make a checklist of keywords listed in the text to help make this clearer:
>the defending Pokemon
check
>your opponent
no check

So where are you pulling this assumption from? Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but I can think of how you got this notion.

>>29039038
>The target of the move's effect is one the defending pokemon. It should really be knocked out even if it's benched, though. It makes no sense that it doesn't do that.
When a Pokemon is benched, it's no longer the Defending Pokemon, nor is it the Active Pokemon. The conditions are no longer met. It's pretty simple.
>>
File: zorororororororo.jpg (169KB, 928x597px) Image search: [Google]
zorororororororo.jpg
169KB, 928x597px
I have a stupid question. You see these zoroarks? The one in the left is a holofoil, but the other two are exactly the same card. Is there a way to know why they are separate entries? Is one of them supposed to be reverse foil, but the devs forgot to set it that way? I just want to ask for the more common one.
>>
>>29039140
No, you're not trying to be mean. You're being obtuse and retarded. The other anon explained it much better.
>>
>>29039149
One is holo. This is one that's found in the pack.
One is reverse-holo. This is also found in the pack, but is a bit harder to pull.
One is non-holo. This is exclusive to the Night Striker theme deck. It's the hardest to find online.

Move your mouse around the screen to view the foil effects.
>>
>>29035510
Calm down fag its a card game.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (220KB, 1400x803px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
220KB, 1400x803px
>>29039120
thanks
this is my second groudon, is he any good? maybe i can incorporate him in a deck
>>
>>29039164
How is
>The card literally says the Defending Pokemon. Nowhere on the card does it say it targets the opponent.
obtuse? Read the card, don't make assumptions, only use the words you see in the text, don't insert your own.
>>
>>29039220
How about you stop trying to ever explain anything ever again? Seeing as you completely suck balls at it.
>>
>>29037601
if these are still going, I'm always down for a freebie.
>>
>>29039198
Don't worry, I am not mad. Most of that is just greentext, and if I just said "no", I wouldn't get my point across.
>>
>>29037632
[email protected]

I'd appreciate some codes, I'm trying to buy some IRL atm. but the seller who was supposed to sell me some apparently just can't find them now? lmao.
>>
>>29039251
I got it from the first time he explained, you are the one that has problems undertanding a card game made for kids.
>>
File: reverse holo.jpg (260KB, 997x688px) Image search: [Google]
reverse holo.jpg
260KB, 997x688px
>>29039189
I see, I had been assuming that the non-holo version was the common one.

Also, I'm not sure if it is my monitor, but dark reverse holofoils look normal as fuck. Can barely see the effect on the upper right corner.
>>
>>29035510
>What exactly in having a superior taste and wanting your peers to have a better taste is "behaving like a 5yo".
Well you see children don't really have the ability to see things from other people's points of view, or grasp a semi-complex concept like sometimes different people like different things or how there's nothing wrong with that.

However, if you are older than eight and still lack this ability, you should talk to your doctor about the possibility of your having aspergers syndrome. Sorry anon.
>>
>The one-pack blisters for Evolutions will feature Greninja and Weezing! They will hit store shelves November 4th.

Greninja – Water – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Frogadier

[W] Aqua Shower: This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[W][C] Dual Cut: 60x damage. Flip 2 coins. This attack does 60 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
>>
>>29039422
Why are promos such ass most of the time?
>>
>>29039422
The 20 damage snipe sounds neat but it doesn't do much for greninja break aside from letting you take out a benched trubbish.
>>
File: Captfffure.jpg (181KB, 1358x825px) Image search: [Google]
Captfffure.jpg
181KB, 1358x825px
>>29037601
Posting pull
>>
>>29037601
Thanks for your generosity!
>>
>>29037601
you're awesome man
>>
>>29036602
>>29036616
Anybody have anything else to add to this? Still working on getting a couple of Giratina before I can test and tweak.
>>
>>29039392
>there's nothing wrong with that
But there usually is. You obviously can't understand that taste is not subjective, and think that all opinions are somehow equally good.

It is the same as going to an art class, and the teacher never tells what you are doing wrong because "you may have a different point of view and there nothing wrong with that". There is good art and there is shit art, and if you like shit art, you have shit taste, of course you can understand that the art is shit and still like it, but this isn't the case 99% of the time.
>>
>>29039750
I for example, have a shit taste when it comes to meat, since I prefer a shitty sausage than a good slice of prime beef, but I am not going to act like a kid and try to convince others that this is not a shitty taste and make people accept that my shitty taste is as good as everyone else.
>>
>>29037632
>>29039542
i normally don't open packs, but i'll do an exception here, that's too nice of you anon
crossing el fingers!
>>
>>29039422
I'm glad we're getting that Greninja. I'll play one in my deck.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-10+at+07.35.03).png (992KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-10+at+07.35.03).png
992KB, 1286x748px
>>29039834
thanks again, was fun
>>
>Opponent takes two minutes to choose starting pokemon
Your deck can't possibly have that many choices for active pokemon at the beginning of the game.
>>
File: 9485830495839485843.jpg (339KB, 900x836px) Image search: [Google]
9485830495839485843.jpg
339KB, 900x836px
>>
>>29040160
So, it's not only the GX cards that have that frame? The new frame is pretty cool, I guess. But that popplio looks bad.
>>
>>29039298
You have poop taste because you perceive poop where there isnt poop, ya just taste it everywhere dont you?
>b-but im superior in m-my taste!!!
Your low self esteem is showing. no need to pronounce your self gauged taste to make your self feel better.

That lurantis card looks dope, get over it
>>
>>29040160
>deviantart watermark

With that new Lurantis GX, looks like that they're going back to when the game was at its best; ex and D/P era. The time when ex cards existed at the same time as Lv X was mad.
>>
File: 06GCV-qvOzY.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
06GCV-qvOzY.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>29040319
>>
>>29031391
>Competitive
>Greninja
Pick one
>>
>>29040160
Maggie-GX has less HP than Maggie-EX. Why?
>>
>>29040631
>DeviantArt
>>
>>29040622
It's still winning on Expanded and It's doing pretty damn well in Standard too, if you know what to do you can beat M-Mewtwo-Garbodor even, I have done it couple of times after recent changes to my team, I do admit it used to be insta lose, now it feels about 50-50.
>>
File: Captzzzure.jpg (140KB, 1001x627px) Image search: [Google]
Captzzzure.jpg
140KB, 1001x627px
Just played against this cancer while doing a 10 Evo Fire challenge. 20 minutes of pure cancer. Only won due to drawing all 4 VS seekers in my deck and spinning Blacksmith on Phox-BREAK and Volcanion-EX.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (359KB, 709x447px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
359KB, 709x447px
I'm making a Delphox Break deck for Sunday's league. Any lists that take into account the last rotation?
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (11KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
11KB, 237x213px
>Nightmarch player chooses to go second
>places only a joltik on the field
>zap him with toxic laser and place down virbank
>spam "you have a good deck" until he concedes
>>
>>29039750
>taste is not subjective
this is incorrect. the very definition of personal taste is that it's subjective. Don't confuse 'what is regarded as good taste' with 'personal taste'.

>all opinions are somehow equally good.
I agree that this is also incorrect, but it's not what I said at all. If you're not gonna read, then this is pointless. As a rule, my opinion > other's opinions. Cos why should I give a fuck that you don't like it? Obviously for me, my opinion and taste are worth way more than some rando on the internet's. to put it in shitty sausage terms, I like a bloody steak, you might like a well-done one. neither of us is wrong. shit taste in this case is being a vegan.

>and make people accept that my shitty taste is as good as everyone else.
but this exactly what you're doing. Except you don't think it's shitty taste. By my count there's three anons saying it's great, and just you saying all 5ban are shit therefore this is shit so.. yeah. I'm done here. I would still think it's a good looking card if I was the only one.
>>
>>29041157
That's kinda fucking hilarious but I also hate people who spam those fucking annoying emotes.
>>
I just bought two packs of cards at gamestop while getting the volcanion code. Opened them and got a alakazam ex (fates collide) and a fa steelix ex (steam seige) considering i play with friends occasionally and use a steel/electric deck, was it worth it
>>
>>29041157
Well, he HAS a good deck, it's fucking Night March after all. Night March is the best deck since Luxchomp.
>>
lul I gained over 400 versus points last night running my afk bot
>>
>>29040744
>not even a soul dew
this is a shitters list
>>
>>29041526
your afk bot?
>>
>>29041526
Tell us more
>>
>>29041878
>>29041835
It's just a simple script that times out players and gets concede rewards (if they are impatient) or loss rewards based on time.
>>
>>29041282
>the very definition of personal taste is that it's subjective
Being subjective is not the same as being different, people can have different tastes, but it doesn't mean one can't be objectively better than the others.

>what is regarded as good taste
This is what says what is a good taste and what is a shit taste. You like bloody steak, and according to what is regarded as good, you have a better taste than me in meat, and this is ok, and not me telling you that my taste is as good as yours and my opinions will always be better than yours.

>but it's not what I said at all
Personal taste is nothing more than your own opinion on something unbiased by what is regarded as good.

>By my count there's three anons saying it's great, and just you saying
Except that I was not the original poster. So it is at least 2, against at least 2, since there is no way for you to know if there is 2 other guys. Also, what is regarded as good is not decided by majority, this is a fallacy.

>but this exactly what you're doing
Except not, you are the one saying shit like "my opinion > other's opinions". I'm not saying that 5ban is shit according to my tastes, it is shit according to what is regarded as shit.

>I would still think it's a good looking card if I was the only one
No problem with that, but a single person or a group of people thinking that something is good looking, doesn't make it good looking.
>>
Anyone has a MGardevoir list to share?
>>
File: ranger is overrated.png (617KB, 780x508px) Image search: [Google]
ranger is overrated.png
617KB, 780x508px
>>29042431
Feel free to drop Ranger for another Klefki or BBR. It's needed for Regice to not be autoloss but it's useless against all other matchups.
>>
>>29042940
Ranger is one of those cards is either useless or the only card in your deck that can save you.
>>
>>29042940
Wow that's an expansive deck. Probably out of my budget. I just want a deck to 1shot MMewtwo
>>
>>29043050
>or the only card in your deck that can save you.
That's rarely the case with Lysandre existing.
I mean, Regice-like effects are by no means new, and they weren't that good even back before we had Ranger.
There's a reason why Jolteon EX more than halved in price after like a month.
If Toad was still in-format, you might have had a point.
>>
>>29043113
M Gardevoir is easily the most expensive deck of the format, maybe tied with M Ray. You pretty much 4x Shaymin and 2x Hoopa minimum to even consider building the deck properly.
>>
>>29041932
This sounds neat. How do?
>>
Why do some people say that hard charm increases hp? It just reduces damage.
>>
is crushing current the best new theme deck? it's the deck i face (and use) the most on the theme ladder
>>
>>29042239
eh, you're flat out wrong, personal taste simply isn't objective. If you can't get past that part, I'm not gonna convince you here, and we'll just keep gonna round in circles.

Maybe you can argue that 'accepted taste' is objective. I still don't agree, even then it has to be decided by either a majority (which you deny) or an expert I suppose. Where we gonna get a Pokemon card expert? So yeah, the argument is pointless. So I'm gonna watch porn instead.
>>
>>29043395
The actual numbers and mechanics don't really matter, what it boils down to is how many times your opponent has to attack to take a prize.
And when you put it that way, HP increase and damage reduction are the same thing.
>>
why did they bring back mew-ex? was so fine with it being gone
>>
>>29043554
its not even good in the current format, why even complain?
>>
>>29043554
Assuming they're competent? Mew-EX offers another out to the speculative BDIF while simultaneously not having too huge an impact on the meta. Night March, the biggest abuser of Mew-EX, has rotated out.

But the real reason is nostalgia pandering, like with every other product released this year.
>>
Noob here with my first 3 packs, what's a good skeleton of trainer cards that should be standard to every deck?

What's the cheapest deck I can assemble to regularly take 2 rounds in standard?

Golurk (5/98) seems super cool but would a Golurk deck be cheap and solid?

Should I open chests or trade them?
>>
>>29043777
>what's a good skeleton of trainer cards that should be standard to every deck?
Read the fucking OP
Spoonfeeding:
>4 Sycamore
>2 N
>4 VS Seeker
>1 Lysandre
>4 Ultra Ball
>2 Shaymin EX

>What's the cheapest deck I can assemble to regularly take 2 rounds in standard?
Literally anything
>>
I just opened an elite trainer box of steam siege and didn't even get a single holo rare....kinda devastated rn senpai..
>>
>>29043777
Actually good?
Rainbow road.
>>
>>29035567
The collection numbers are in order, duh
>>
>>29045122
Are you blind? Plusle is 8 and Minum is 7.
>>
File: +&- (2).png (1MB, 999x688px) Image search: [Google]
+&- (2).png
1MB, 999x688px
>>29035567

~
>>
>>29045317
Thanks, much better.
>>
>>29045271
Exactly
>>
>>29042940
This doesn't seem very good. Is this the generic M Gardevoir deck people run?
>>
>>29031153
When does this comes out?
>>
>>29045417
No, it's not.
>>
>>29045417
The Weavile tech is weird and his ratios are wonky. The average M Garde deck is just
>4-3 or 4-4 M Garde
>4 Shaymin
>3-4 Hoopa
>Karen and Super Rod out the ass
>Sky Field in Standard, D Valley in Expanded
>Staples
And that's it
Once Legacy comes out, you get Dragonite EX, Rattata, and Brock to help out
>>
>>29045494
Didn't think so. A lot of it seems unnecessary, and looks like it slows it down a lot.
>>29045523
Makes more sense. I ran a budget version in the past, before this was half as popular I guess, and it was slow as shit. How fast is that version?
>>
>>29045417
Because Mega Gard is dogshit against anything tier 2 and above save Mewtwo, Balloon/Klefki tech plus SL sharing speeds you up immensely. It's by far the closest thing to consistent I've run with Gard.

>>29045523
>ratios are wonky
The only unnatural ratio in that deck is the 3 Sky Fields, you can cut Ranger or WP for another.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Pulls over the weekend
>>
>>29046696

Are you trying to evolve them into a Malamar anon?
>>
>>29046811
They should give kirlia an upside down evo. Make it into a funny alien with two big horns.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
FT: these packs
LF: a singular meme
>>
>>29047323
You will never get a Shaymin for those packs.

They are goig for 48 SS right now and in no way 10 FC + 4 BKT + 2 AP = 14 SS

You need at least 6 more SS for that trade to go through.
>>
>>29045523
>Once Legacy comes out, you get Dragonite EX
Why would you want Dragonite EX?

People think that you need to get back shaymins and hoopas to play them again and they are mistaken, the only thing you need to get back are the gardevoirs you discard, even if you get the shaymins and such back you will be still doing 2HKOs looking to add damage with that attack is pointless because you will never reach 1HKO levels in this meta.

The proper use for mega gard is to have a 4-4 M Gard, 2 Shaymins, 3 Hoopas, set up, discard the shaymins and hoopas and start attacking.

You should only discard pokemon to deny prizes from your opponent when your gard gets damaged and then super rod gard, mega gard and an energy into the deck after you do that.
>>
>>29047429
I've seen em go lower, so mine will too. Even if it takes time.
>>
>>29047513
Few misconceptions here.

>the only thing you need to get back are the gardevoirs you discard, even if you get the shaymins and such back you will be still doing 2HKOs looking to add damage with that attack is pointless because you will never reach 1HKO levels in this meta.
M Gardevoir is NOT meant to OHKO your opponents. This is a pretty common mistake players make when they see the card. M Gardevoir's advantage is being able to clear your bench of volatile cards, allowing you to safely spam power players like multi-Shaymin Hoopas, as well as letting you recycle your own Gardevoirs to deny prizes. Dragonite EX allows you to get those discarded cards back into your hand immediately, whereas other means (Karen, Brock, Rod) force you to dig for them.

This makes Dragonite a very viable power card in the deck.

>The proper use for mega gard is to have a 4-4 M Gard, 2 Shaymins, 3 Hoopas, set up, discard the shaymins and hoopas and start attacking.
With ratios this low, you simply cannot take full advantage of Despair Ray. Being able to play 4 full Shaymin in a single turn with no drawback or risk whatsoever is what allows the deck to keep up with the format. I can't think of a single reason not to max out Shaymin in the one deck that can abuse it so hard.

>You should only discard pokemon to deny prizes from your opponent when your gard gets damaged and then super rod gard, mega gard and an energy into the deck after you do that.
Which is exactly why Shaymin should be maxed, and why Dragonite becomes such a good card for the deck. Pick up your 1-1 Gardevoir you just denied, or pick up a Hoopa you Ray'd to find more Gardevoirs and Shaymin. And the card is risk free and even recycles itself indirectly; pick up a Hoopa with it, then drop a recycle trainer to find the Dragonite again.
>>
>>29047778
>Being able to play 4 full Shaymin in a single turn with no drawback or risk whatsoever

No drawback?

You want to play with 4 Shaymin on a deck that can only 2HKO? You will end up losing by decking half you your matches you moron.
>>
>>29047846
Super Rod and Karen exist while the format is full of EXes that give you two prizes each. If you're actually playing 4 shaymin in a turn like that, you're drawing into both recycle power and kill power which should end the game fast enough. You act like decks playing 4 compressors, acro bikes, and shaymin all together before rotation cared much about decking out.
>>
>>29047924
The format was different and the main users of compressors could 1HKO their opponents.

There is no need for 4 Shaymins in a Mega Gardevoir deck at all.

You are obviously a shitter.
>>
>>29047846
Shaymin isn't a mandatory card, friend. Do you brainlessly play every card in your hand with no regard, like the Trainer Challenge AI?

If decking yourself becomes a serious issue, simply do not draw off of Shaymin.

To put it bluntly, having access to four Shaymin and not necessarily needing to use all of them is infinitely better than bricking or missing a card because you could only play two Shaymin max a turn.

And like I said, there's no drawback at all to dropping multiple Shaymin even if you're only drawing 1-2 cards off of them, because they're not sitting targets thanks to M Gardevoir.

I'm not sure why I need to spell this out for you.
>>
>>29047846
>You will end up losing by decking
What? You know that you don't need to draw every single time, right? If I played like you say, I would lose by decking out in Night March, because I would have decked out in my third turn. Or do you think that Night March decks out against decks that doesn't use EX and only draws a prize per turn?
>>
>>29047989
It's a deck that plays 4 total attackers, who are all megas and require like 3-5 cards of setup each. There's no reason to only play 2 shaymin. I'd rather occasionally end up decking out in 6-8 turns(except I'm in complete control of that, so it's not likely to happen) rather than sit on Gardevoir-EX doing nothing because I don't draw into what I need like the Greninja player at worlds.
>>
>>29047778
For the sake of things, Dragonite can only grab basics, not Mega Gardevoir.
>>
File: Cards these days.png (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cards these days.png
34KB, 500x500px
>>
>>29048455
And the problem is?
>>
>>29048509
Are you blind or retarded?
>>
>>29048455
We should've gotten kaioken BREAKs in the games instead of super saiyan Megas.
>>
>>29048455
Hopefully GX will become a thing. the concept of Break is pretty good, except for it being the laziest texture ever.
>>
File: shaytrade.jpg (203KB, 1343x490px) Image search: [Google]
shaytrade.jpg
203KB, 1343x490px
>>29047429
It is possible, these are the trades I made for my last 2 shaymemes. I traded a bunch of different packs I got from tournament wins after grinding for a few weeks.
>>
>>29048533
Neither, you are afraid of change.
>>
This clefairy is interesting.

>Oblivion wing yveltal
>power heater volcanion
>florges
>can use fighting fury belt

I can feel the memes.
>>
>>29051905
>3 energy
nah
>>
>>29051905
Zoroark break?
>>
>>29052008
let him be in his little bubble of happiness for a little longer in which clefairy with an ff belt totally is a strong thing
>>
>>29051905
I can think of a few attacks that would be absolutely sexy on, but I'm not sure which is worse. A card with 40 hp (power creep is real, yo), or a card with 40 hp that you have to invest 3 energy into. It might be worth it in a deck that has attacks that would benefit from this use, that also has a few open slots for basic Pokemon filler.

All that is theory though. Try it, see what happens.
>>
I was hoping in Evolutions they'd restructure Gen 1's shit into the current format, not just reprint base set with shitty number balances. I really was hoping for a Mr. Mime with an updated Invisible Wall and some Dark mons back. Why the fuck did they reprint Here Comes Team Rocket?
>>
>>29052030
It's sad that anything under 130 HP might as well have 10 HP.
>>
>>29052113
shitty nostalgia trips
>>
>>29052145
I'd have a bigger nostalgia trip over pulling Blastoise than fucking Imakuni's Doduo.
>>
Hey anonymous
you should stream for us
>>
File: you'll see.png (571KB, 631x422px) Image search: [Google]
you'll see.png
571KB, 631x422px
>>29052030
>>29052008
>>29051995

I believe in the heart of the cards
>>
>>29052224
But I want to play something else instead tonight.
>>
>>29052270
that's a shame
>>
>>29052270
You don't have a choice.
>>
>>29052267
Something weak to fairy would have to become pretty dominant for it to be worth the effort over zoroark.
>>
>almost to a shaymeme, just need to sell some cards
>sell half quickly
>suddenly the rest isn't going through at the exact same prices
fucking hell
>>
Is there anything worth looking forward to with evolutions 2?
>>
>challenge to knock out 12 pokemon with a steel type
Easy. MScizor will have this done in minutes.
>first game, one knockout, they quit
>second game, set up, they quit
>repeat this over and over with everybody I face taking multiple mulligans and being slow as fuck to do anything

Every time. I know the whole "you want us to stick around to lose? fuck you, dude"
Yes, I do. Your decks are clearly shit, let me finish my challenge against you.
>>
i miss the old client so much
>>
>>29054617
The one before this one or the black one?
>>
>>29054579
>not using cobalion for steel challenges
stevensadvice.jpg
>>
Is the server down or is it just down for me?
>>
File: raigx.jpg (188KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
raigx.jpg
188KB, 850x850px
>>29031153
>>
>>29054988
Doesn't seem very efficient.
>>
>>29055319
Would that card be an alternate for Shaymin or would people just stack Shaymin and Raichu GX then?

I just want something that Shaymin users don't benefit and non Shaymin users do.
>>
>>29056038
Wouldn't this be a stage 1?
>>
>>29056060
It's a GX Pokemon, similar to EX.
>>
>>29056103
The OP shows GX can be evolved pokemon
>>
>>29055319
>not Alolan Raichu
Unless GX cards get some weird treatment for names, I think this is fake.
>>
>>29056140
This IS fake.
>>
>>29055330
up to 180 damage for 2 energy isn't efficient to you?
>but you have to lose prizes
that happens to be the best way of keeping opponent from conceding, which you need to do to get KOs.
>>
>>29045317
They see your dick.
>>
>>29056365
Tried it a few times after the suggestion. By the time they put me in a position to deal decent damage, they've set up pretty comfortably, and I'm not one-hitting anything they're using, but can often be one-hit. It gets me one KO before I lose, or before they quit. It's more time consuming than just playing with M Scizor normally. Only really worked well against a person with a shit deck that I'm sure was AFK half the game, and they quit as soon as I was coming at them with Cobalion. Definitely more time consuming though. I'll just finish it by playing the deck normally, I still have to climb the ladder anyway.
>>
>>29057176
For the sake of information, I played 5 games focusing on Cobalion and got about 6 KOs in about 2 hours. I got 4 KOs playing normally in like 30 minutes because the fast set up and quitting. The biggest issue is slow players, which is a bigger issue when I'm waiting for them to take prizes.
>>
>>29057176
you can always make a fight alone deck
>>
>>29056236
Check pokebeach for tcg news you dumb psyducks
>>
File: 1088277.jpg (306KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
1088277.jpg
306KB, 324x450px
Are clean full art pictures a thing? I'd love to have an FA Darkrai pictures without all the info and text. You know, just a clean picture with nothing on it. I tried looking for a bit but didn't find anything really.

pic very related
>>
>>29057236
I've actually never even tried it. I probably have the cards for it, though.
>>
>>29057337
Hope you don't mind losing against most decks.
>>
>>29057265
For official cards? No.
>>
File: rip.png (3MB, 2825x1026px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
3MB, 2825x1026px
I need a new standard deck to have fun with. I like fairies and cute Pokemon like Sylveon and Miltank.
My collection is not worth much, but I have a few packs to trade. What is a good budget deck for me to have fun with?
This is what I used to run. I liked that it was quick to set up a stage 2 and use a one-energy cost attack on Miltank to do most of the damage.
>>
Just opened a full art manaphy, is there any descent deck for it in standard?
>>
>>29058689
Will you fuckers learn how to spell decent.
>>
>>29058704
Sorry. I'm not from an english country
>>
>>29058756
Sorry for the shitposters who don't realize that spelling doesn't matter outside of school.

Yes, Manaphy-EX is good, but I don't know exactly what it's used for.
>>
File: lv4Udopl.jpg (43KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
lv4Udopl.jpg
43KB, 373x521px
>>29058689
Mega Gyrados EX.
>>
>>29058790
Maybe if you flip burgers.
>>
>>29058790
It's used in a few niche decks or situational tech card.

I see it used in mewtwo decks, in mega-rayray, and also kyogre decks.

>>29058830
Relax anon.
>>
>>29058790
Spelling matters in a lot of places other than school too, but yeah, 4chan definitely isn't one of them as long as the post is understandable.
>>
>>29058931
Was there a problem with my post?
>>
>>29058830
I'm in higher education on a career path in the music industry, already have an entry level job. Spelling doesn't fucking matter in non-writing related careers.
>>
>>29058952
I think spelling is important for non-righting careers to, tough
>>
>>29058952
>music industry
May as well be flipping burgers.
>>
>>29058947
No.
>>
>>29058689
you can try a regice/glaceon lock deck with it, it's not /really/ good tho
>>
>>29051905
>40 HP
>3 energy
Have fun never using it. And Power Heater only works with fire type energy, so why wouldn't you just use Volcanion instead anyway? 3 energy to use a 1 energy attack that you can't even make use of is a really stupid idea.
>>
>>29059068
If it got the relevant HP buff of like 60 HP or some shit and the cost went down to 2 energy then I could see this being a niche version of mew.
>>
>>29057241
there is absolutely fucking nothing on pokebeach about this card you cuckold
>>
>>29059208
I feel it. My main issue is how that anon wanted to use 3 energy to do a whopping 20 damage, and then not even be able to use its effect.

Unless he wanted to use Steam Artillery, in which case it's still 3 energy, and at that point I would still rather use Volcanion.
>>
>8 cards away from finishing my M Gyarados deck

I need:
1x Clawitzer
1x Manaphy EX
1x Gyarados EX
3x M Gyarados EX
2x Palkia EX

I wish the game would let me test incomplete decks, so I could see how this thing plays and adjust accordingly.
>>
>need to get 12 kos with water deck
>playing expanded with keldeo
>people forfeiting before my first turn is even done when I put down my blastoise and show them I have a keldeo ready to attack and a full hand still

It's a really complicated feel.
>>
>>29054579
you need to use something shitty but not completely terrible. encourage people to not concede. better to take four KOs and lose than to win on T1 without prizes. It's fucking stupid that it is this way, but the development on this game is, and the devs of this game are, fucking stupid.
>>
>>29059451
i have m gyra fullart, manaphy ex and i have a palkia, had 2 but traded
>>
You ever just build a jank deck and it actually works against a real deck the first time you try it and you never want to play it again because if you do it'll show that it's jank and you just kind of want to keep the magic alive?
>>
>>29059208
They should have just reprinted Clefable as well. Same attack for a single colorless. They could have made a Break too while they were at it.
>>
>>29059451
Hey Anon, I can trade you a M Gyarados full art
>>
>>29058992
In the technical aspect, I'm a sound technician, not a musician.
>being mad that I make good pay
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
>>29047323
>>29047429
>>29047561
>>29049251
I have enough packs now, right?
>>
File: 1473172911726.jpg (34KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
1473172911726.jpg
34KB, 600x431px
>>29060090
>>
File: 149729.jpg (41KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
149729.jpg
41KB, 323x450px
Did people use base set clefable?
>>
>>29060883
an why is the damn thing close to 500 dollars on ebay
>>
Been in a weird loop for a while now. Started with 10 packs of breakthrough, opened them, got a m mewtwo y FA, traded it for more breakthrough, opened those, got a couple more ex cards, back up to 10+ packs. Only trading off some cards I got from them, so I have a bunch of shit I don't really need or want, but I have more packs than I started with just by opening them.
>>
>>29061036
fucking awesome
>>
>>29060883
There is no Base Set Clefable. It was released in Jungle, then reprinted in Base Set 2.

I recall some people running it at the local league, but Haymaker was dominant so Fighting weakness was a really bad thing to have in general.
>>
I know I'm late on this, but let's talk about the theme deck names.
>Rowlet: Forest Shadow
Grass/Dark for sure.
>Popplio: Bright Tide
Likely Water/Fairy. Pretty sure Popplio3 is going to be water/fairy so this makes sense.
>Litten: Roaring Heat
This one is getting me. What's the pair type? They wouldn't just do pure fire, right? It could be fighting luchalitten confirmed, because roar=battle cry but that seems like a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>29060931
Because anybody can ask for whatever. It's not going to actually sell at that price.
>>
>>29060883
No, Clefable is weak as piss. Hitmonchan+Electabuzz+Scyther is what was popular at the time.

Someone selling it for $500 on ebay =/= someone willing to pay $500 for it.
>>
>>29061068
I've stopped now because I know that's gonna end badly, it's just weird to not get total shit that consistently.
>>
>get to 1670 points on ladder and open the 5 steam seige packs
>each pack has 2 rares
>all of them are useless

h-hurray
>>
>there are still people who play Mew in a meta where the trashman exists
>>
>>29061387
>get pack from daily challenge
>it's roaring skies
>get reshiram and a bunch of useless cards
T-thanks.
>>
>>29061578
At least Reshiram is somewhat descent. I keep getting the fucking carbink. I bought some just so I could burn them
>>
>>29060883
https://jklaczpokemon.wordpress.com/

Read through these, it's good stuff.
>>
>>29061401
CAUSE I'M THE TRASHMAN
YEAAAa I'M THE TRASH MAAan
>>
>>29061634
>>29058704
>>
>>29062065
u wot m8
>>
>>29062065

I mentioned a couple of threads ago that nobody seems to be able to spell the word 'rogue'. Everyone seems to love 'rouge' decks though.
>>
>>29062301
Rouge decks are prettier.
>>
>>29062301
Who cares?
>>
>>29061733
thanks anon
>>
>>29033004
I've never played the TCG game except for a couple of times with friends, but holy fuck, that Doom Desire move seems like overkill.

Is it actually OP? If it is, has it been banned?
>>
Anyone else getting the incorrect password bullshit again?
>>
>>29062774

>Doom Desire
>OP

Considering that it'll usually never be able to use Doom Desire before it gets Knocked Out and benching removes Doom Desire's effect, it is nowhere as good as you think it only works if your opponent has literal dead hands and he can't retreat it
>>
>>29062793
>>29058704
>>
>>29062836
He didn't spell anything wrong, dipshit
>>
>>29062774
>Is it actually OP?
It's actually not good at all.
The effect doesn't linger if your opponent switches, evolves, or plays a card like Pokemon Ranger, all of which are really easy to do.

>If it is, has it been banned?
Only five cards have been banned in the game's twenty-year history:
Slowking (Neo Genesis), which was translated incorrectly, letting its ability stack
Sneasel (Neo Genesis), which did too much damage for its format
____'s Pikachu, which was a joke card accidentally printed without the "cannot be used" text
Lysandre's Trump Card, whose effect of recycling your entire discard was deemed too strong
And pic related, which could be played multiple times a turn to bounce all of your opponent's Pokemon to win on the first turn
>>
>>29061733
>but the game continued to degrade following the release of the Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge expansions later in 2000.
How?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161011-174423.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161011-174423.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Any other 4 stack or supporter I should toss in there?
>>
>>29063414

>no FAs

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>29061733
>>29063349
Jason's won several Worlds and other high-level events so it's kind of hard to dispute him, but we've discussed his posts quite a bit back when they were newer. A lot of his opinions and analysis of older metas are really questionable. Particularly his Base Set analysis raised a lot of eyebrows and showed how little he knew about what the mindset back then was, considering he called a lot of tried-and-true low-tier and rogue decks "new".

They're fun reads since no one else wants to talk about older formats, but take them with a grain of salt.
>>
>>29063458
FA Hoopa is shit and the Mewtwo cards are underwhelming.
>>
>>29063414
Where are your trainer's mail?Don't you want to send some letters? Nah maybe add skyla and super rod
>>
>>29063480
That didn't answer my question.
What happened in Gym Heroes/Gym Challenge?
>>
>>29063414
No need to run 4 mewtwo
>>
File: feraligatr-neo-genesis-5.jpg (200KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
feraligatr-neo-genesis-5.jpg
200KB, 600x825px
>>29063522
My point was that you shouldn't take statements like that too seriously from him considering the quality of his other analysis.

Either way, he's talking about the first rotation, TR-on, which a lot of people complained about despite it not being any more unbalanced than Base Set.
You had pic related in Tier 0, just like with Haymaker in Base Set. It was so good because it had the most HP in the game at the time on top of being able to do nuts damage, meaning it could OHKO the format and the format couldn't OHKO it back.

Its recycle mechanic also let you abuse Misty's Wrath in a format where all the good staples had just rotated, meaning most decks had to resort to Elm or Cleffa, which was the second problem: you had a lot of coinflips in the meta. Every deck ran Cleffa or Tyrogue to counter Cleffa. Then Focus Band could decide a game on a coinflip.

If I remember correctly, Jason actually played back then with a Typhlosion deck, which was one of the Tier 2/rogue options you could run with since Cinnabar Gym removed weakness.

The thing is, though, that the format wasn't that bad at all. Sure you had a Tier 0 deck and sure there were a lot of coinflips, but we had just removed most of Base Set's huge cancer cards like Energy Removal, and for the first time we had a shitload of Stage 1/2 Pokemon competing in the format whenever Feraligatr wasn't involved. The game had actually slowed down mechanically to a point where it could be played the way they had in mind when it was first designed, letting it be mechanically diverse instead of just lmao big basic haymaker donks. It paved the way for Gen 3 and 4's golden era.
>>
Tool hate when?
>>
File: MewMew.png (531KB, 803x385px) Image search: [Google]
MewMew.png
531KB, 803x385px
>>29063414
Here is my list in pic.

You should use Trainers Mail.
Special Charge isnt really needed in the deck.
4 Links is overkill.
Parallel City isnt really that useful, it just helps with the Mega Ray and Rainbow Road matchups and they arent really popular right now, not to mention con can also beat the mwithout the Parallel City.

>>29063529
There is no need for 4Mewtwos.
With 3 Mewtwos you have 35% chance of starting with a Mewtwo, with 4 Mewtwos you have 46% chance of starting with a Mewtwo.

You are better off using that slot for something else (like making sure you can handle your non mewtwo starts) rather than bumping your mewtwo start for just a bit of extra chance of starting with one.

I have over 80% winrate in almost 200 games with my list and I run just 3 Mewtwos.
>>
Boy oh boy I love all 4 Ultra Balls being in the final 7 cards every game.
>>
>>29064478

>not using old FA Skyla

baka senpai
>>
Boy oh boy I love turn 1 N into a dead hand every game.
>>
>>29064727
You could always build a good deck or try another tcg if you don't like the luck involved in this one
>>
>>29064754
You mean the rigged RNG where I never go first and draw all 4 VS seekers in my first 10 cards before seeing a supporter every game.
>>
>>29064574
It's shit. S H I T
>>
>>29064997
The breakpoint art is easily the worst one

>tfw just want a full art of regular art
>>
I'm not a fan of Skyla's awkward body and chipmunk teeth seen in this Boundaries crossed skyla
>>
>running sky field and no dual types in rainbow road
What is this meme?
>>
File: muhpacks.png (329KB, 782x1276px) Image search: [Google]
muhpacks.png
329KB, 782x1276px
Do I have enough packs for a Shaymin EX????
>>
>>29065539
>look mom I posted it again!
>>
>>29065539
Fuck off already.
>>
>>29065539
No, everything you have is worth 4 ariados.
>>
>>29065581
The underaged are entertained by repetition, sadly.
>>
>>29065539
I can do 2 for 300 steam siege
>>
>>29065616
Sure, but only if you promise to do all your trading with the Phantom Knight Trading Company!
>>
>>29064574
BCR FA Skyla looks really bad compared to the BKP FA Skyla in TCGO.

The "texture" in the card is really bad and makes it look worse than the IRL version.

Also I agree with this: >>29065193
The body proportions are really off in that artwork and makes the card look really weird.
>>
>It's an opponent spends 15 minutes fucking with trainers and shaymins and shit match
>>
>>29065193
I like her single teeth, but these proportions are bad, Kanako can do better than that.
>>
>>29066033
Hey that's me, just watch me for a bit before I brick and ragequit
>>
>all 4 FoGP prized
>2 games in a row

What the FUCK
>>
If anyone wants my ptcgo macro here:
http://pastebin.com/bEiW9HRm
>>
>>29066201
What's it for?
>>
>>29066201
How am I supposed to use that?
>>
>>29066816
>>29066836
download autohotkey
>>
File: vLdgXtQ.jpg (27KB, 299x447px) Image search: [Google]
vLdgXtQ.jpg
27KB, 299x447px
Take a look at this little buddo I pulled today.
My first full art, lovely.

By the way, are old expansions worthless in TCGO? I have some Extended ones and I don't really know if I should keep them for trades or open them.
>>
>>29067087
People will trade for them
>>
>>29067087
They're very valueless, especially plasma freeze.
>>
Should I buy all 3 Legacy Theme decks or just 2?

Also I just tested out the Mind Flood and god damned that was fun, barely managed to win against Hoopa deck thanks to flipping heads with Hypno's ability and Mr.Mime's attack.
>>
>>29067289
Go for it, get all 3
>>
>>29067289
If you have coins to spare, buy them. Otherwise, wait and see tomorrow's bundle first.
>>
>>29067289
I bought the brotodile one for the coin
>>
File: trash.jpg (228KB, 933x591px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
228KB, 933x591px
MALAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR MALAMALAMALAMALA

Fuck dark challenges
>>
>>29068905
dark is a fun type though
>>
>>29068997
I had no cards for it until today. Zoroark and malamar are fun so far.
>>
2000 points afked familia feels good man
>>
Shill the game to me.
>>
>>29066201
>>29066982
What does this do?
>>
>>29070665
It gets you banned
>>
>>29069295
I used that Malamar ages ago but it seemed to just be complete shit. What are you using it for?
>>
>game loads
>opponent quits at coin toss
>look at deck: Rainbow road

Feels pretty good to get free points for playing Scizor
>>
>>29071002
rainbow road sucks
>>
>>29071034
Its good that the RR players know that too.
>>
>>29065539

Why do you post this in every thread?
>>
>>29070733
Getting shit from the discard pile mostly, to recycle flare grunts to keep expensive attacks from going off in poorly equipped decks, to lysandre shit i need to kill without lysandre. As a bonus, most decks have absolutely no way to deal with status effects other than retreating, which means you can have a lot of control over your opponent's board, doing things such as forcing them to equip float stones on shit that would be better off with a belt or discarding energy that he's been trying to stockpile, for example.

It's a great support card and it takes no effort to setup, so it doesn't consume resources you need to set up other shit. It can't win you the game, nor do much on it's own, tho.
>>
lads how the fuck do I get VS seeker now? The only packs you can buy in the store has the SR version. FUG.
>>
Keep getting disconnected from the game. Why the fuck is it so unstable?
>>
>>29072390
It's called trading.
>>
File: 1467790866540.gif (575KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1467790866540.gif
575KB, 500x391px
Okay, so regionals is gonna be at Philly on 11/5 and I have no idea what deck to use. I have 1 Toad, no Shaymins, but plenty of most everything else.

I need dumb Expanded deck suggestions.
>>
>>29073092
Something around Mystical Fire Delphox
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.