[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been replaying these over the last few days to remind myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: oras.jpg (137KB, 567x319px) Image search: [Google]
oras.jpg
137KB, 567x319px
>been replaying these over the last few days to remind myself of how bad gen 6 is
>find myself really enjoying it, a lot more than the first time around
>really appreciate the quality of life features and all of the online features
what the fuck has happened to me, /vp/? Have I become a casual?
>>
>>29025085
No, it's just that you listened to /vp/ in the first place. The games aren't bad. They could've been better, but they're not bad. Makes my blood boil when people don't give Gen VI any credit whatsoever.
>>
>>29025085
You've contracted a horrible disease known as an "opinion" and are no longer part of the objectively correct /VIP/ hivemind. Expect your ban soon.
>>
>>29025119
I'm also of this opinion. Sure there were some disappointing elements and controversial decisions, but most of the things they added were really enjoyable like the dex nav and giving the villain teams more character in the remake.
>>
>>29025085
You stopped being a /vp/ sheep, congrats. ORAS saved gen 6. It could have been better but the vocal people just bitch and moan because they didn't get the BF, which only has a few good facilities.
>>
File: orasinfograph.jpg (2MB, 3530x2466px) Image search: [Google]
orasinfograph.jpg
2MB, 3530x2466px
>>29025438
>ORAS saved gen 6.

pfffffffffthahahahahahAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>29025085
I replayed them too, as I haven't played the main story since 2014

they're mediocre at best, i liked some elements but despised others
>>
>>29025085
You aren't playing it for the first time, and know what to expect. So you can appreciate it more.

>>29025125
>>29025438
The idea that nobody """" really"""" hates the games and its all just a hivemind is stupid though. You aren't daring for liking the game more than most people did.

I thought they were OK too. But definitely a step down from 4 and 5
>>
>>29025438
this times infinity
honestly, gen 6 is a godsend
>>
>>29025512
I didn't say nobody hates it, /vp/ just makes it look like nobody likes it >>29025449
>80% of that graphic has nothing to do with XY
ORAS saved gen6.
>>
>>29025449
Can you autistic infograph kids at least stop with bringing up the game corner? It's not ORAS fault that GF decided to get rid of Europe's favorite complain for good this time and not just edit it out in their versions. It's most likely going to be gone forever from now on for any future remakes too.
>>
>>29025565
ORAS didn't have the Looker Episode or a new region with new Pokémon. Your opinion is bad.
>>
>>29025512
>step down 4 and 5

But 5 was already a step down from 4
>>
>>29025569
>Can you autistic infograph kids at least stop with bringing up the game corner?

The problem isn't that it removed the game corner. The problem is that it did nothing to replace the game corner. HGSS at least TRIED with giving it a replacement.
>>
>>29025565
Yeah, that graphic is always shit and should be filterable

I wouldn't say it "saved" Gen 6 for me, but it was at least better than XY

>>29025601
I'd say they're equally good

>>29025586
>>29025613
And now this is gonna turn into one of THOSE threads. Though Voltorb Flip was indeed pretty great
>>
>>29025085
ORAS isn't that bad personally, I'll shit on it though and on people that think it's a great game
>>
>>29025565
XY
>new region
>new pokemon
>new story
>first 3d mainline game
>friend safari
>rematchable gym leaders
>customization
>years of dev time

ORAS
>no new region with barely any new areas
>story is 95% the same and casualized even further
>region is modeled like shit and tries too hard to copy the originals in every way that hinders itself
>safari zone is gimped down to a regular route
>no rematchable gym leaders
>no customization
>less post-game than emerald
>1 year dev rushjob to fill time before sun/moon release

uh huh. It sure """""saved""""" gen 6.
>>
I've replayed them a couple times through, they're definitely not bad, but the difficulty is too low which is just Gen VI's problem on the whole. I personally find the gen VI games a lot more enjoyable when doing some kind of challenge run. My most recent was a Solo Mawile run and it was pretty fun.
>>
>>29025613
HGSS only had a replacement because it kept the Game Corner in Japan and there was already stuff tied to it
>>
>>29025085
You simply got tired of the blind hate I suppose. ORAS were extremely comfy. Comfy is what I want my Pokémon experience to be. Seeing as not a single Pokémon game was ever hard to begin with.
>>
>>29025613
>TRIED
Fuck off, slot machines are literally the least fun way to gamble
>>
>>29025449
>ungimped kanto

Why are HG/SS stans the undisputed meme masters?
>>
>>29025085
>worried about how people see you on 4chan
We're anonymous for a reason, OP.
>>
>>29025668
They design these games with the fact that will get localized in mind. The fact is HGSS still had more content and they did the Game Corner anyway KNOWING it wouldn't be in the international releases, as opposed to ORAS cutting it entirely.
>>
>>29025664
The region wasn't good, the regions have been in 3D since Gen 4, the story wasn't good and the Gym Leader rematches were two Pokemon each for some reason.

Now, I think the Delta Episode is the worst story of Gen 6, but the XY main game was worse than the ORAS main game

I'll agree that Hoenn looks like shit in ORAS though. Somehow managed to make HGSS Johto look more natural
>>
>>29025677
Every Pokemon game can be comfy

>>29025705
I hate that image but it means that compared to GSC Kanto, HGSS Kanto is much better. Its comparing it to the games its based in, not the full Kanto in other gamea
>>
>>29025085
Yep, spending time on this board full of game freak apologists must have infected you
>>
>>29025586
Looker episode: Run around Lumiose.

Kalos: We're too lazy to do seasons again, so we'll just have a ton of random climates/ecosystems connected to the main city.

New pokemon: I'm glad there were tons of gen 1-5 for me to use
>>
>>29025664
>rematchable gym leaders

Execpt for the fact they have less Pokemon than before and if you try to increase their level with writs of challenges you get level up sets
>>
>>29025764
>I'm glad there were tons of gen 1-5 for me to use

I'll take this any day of the fucking week as opposed to seeing Linoone, Tentacool and Pelipper on every fucking route.
>>
>>29025743
I said extremely comfy. Comfiest Pokémon games ever. It also added my favourite feature to the game, the DexNav.
>>
>>29025761
/vp/ hates gen 6 though
>>
>>29025776
Sinnoh/Unova did the best with this
>>
>>29025776
I wasn't dissing it, I'm genuinely happy there were so many options because nothing from gen 6 interested me.
>>
>>29025791
Comfy is the new phase for

>I like it because it's good
>>
>>29025791
I like using the word comfy but its reaaaaally a bad descriptor to use here. I can say that HGSS is the most comfy games because Johto is so great, and it would mean the same thing.

>>29025818
You mean "its good because I like it."
>>
The DexNav better come back
That shit is super convenient
>>
>>29025449
This_Asshole_Again.png
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.