[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: kukui aquarium.png (207KB, 400x241px) Image search: [Google]
kukui aquarium.png
207KB, 400x241px
From what we've seen so far, it's possible that dive or whatever ride they call it could come back.
Kukui's fish tank shows that they already have underwater scenery as well as swimming lovdisc and corsola in the game. Sharpedo is the surf equivalent mon, and they already made diving models for it in Oras. One of the three observable beaches on the first island has darkly colored water patches whereas the others have plain light surfing water. Finally the anime, while not to be used as concrete evidence, shows ash both surfing and diving with sharpedo.
>>
why the fuck are there seperate HMs for SURF DIVE and WATERFALL reeeeeee
>>
File: pokemon-sun-moon-3ds-alola.png (392KB, 400x578px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-3ds-alola.png
392KB, 400x578px
Of note, Kukui's lab is also next to the route with the darker water, he has pokemon kept in a submerged environment, and he introduces you to poke ride in the new trailers. It's possible he might unlock the function/ give you gear to dive later on.
>>
File: 1475867327328.png (1MB, 1262x648px) Image search: [Google]
1475867327328.png
1MB, 1262x648px
and anime trailer
https://youtu.be/NTJHbpjLpjA
at around thirty seconds ash is diving on sharpedo. Considering they're probably showing early episodes, and Kukui's lab is the area for the classroom, I'd assume that's where Ash would be riding underwater early on.
>>
The waterfall on the first island could also hint at waterfalls return as a ride function, but we can only see one huge one on the first island from this angle as well as the ones on the second island. It's possible that there are more in dungeons or on the other side of the islands. The map angles can be tricky.
>>
Please, dive was great.
>>
>>29017352
I don't see this supposed darker patch in the game screens. Do you mean the shadow of the cloud in the map drawing?
>>
>>29017397
I thought that was a geyser
>>
>>29018466
Bottom right with all of the islands.
>>
I don't mind all this HM shit if Pokeride replaces them for good.
>>
File: alola.jpg (50KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
alola.jpg
50KB, 600x336px
I probably should've posted a better map.
>>
>>29017330
Sharpedo was shown going underwater in the anime if that counts for something other than creative license
>>
Maybe mega sharpedo will allow for the extra ride actions. Perhaps after megas become available in game, since it seems like Sina and Dexio explain and give you the bracelet on the valley island.
>>
>>29018956
>Mega Sharpedo hs a hammerhead
>Looks like a Garchomp's disembodied head from here.
>>
It's still rather odd there's two water related ride pokemon. The translation makes it sound like Lapras is only meant for cruising and Sharpedo is high speed. We don't know if they have another function, other than what we've been shown that Sharpedo can smash rocks in your way. Many of the others have been shown to have a secondary function other than just being a transport. Lapras may just be a vanilla surf pokemon, though, who knows? I tried to find out if we could actually climb the waterfalls of Lana's trial area, but the only ones I could see were blocked by rocks, and I couldn't match it to the map, so I'm not sure which part of the area it's in. Lapras is also seen in a standalone lake in which the trial area is seen in the background. The waterfall that goes down from it is also blocked by rocks.
>>
>>29019180
It also looks like you can fish on lapras like a normal surf mon, but sharpedo seems to go much faster and can smash rocks. You probably can't use it in inland/ small bodies of water as well due to the speed and fishing might not be available.
>>
>>29019180
...though I doubt it would be arranged in such a specific way unless you COULD climb the waterfalls.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1164x654px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1164x654px
>>29019302
>>
>>29019314
Maybe the main difference is that you can fish of Lapras, and you can't off Sharpedo
>>
>>29019314
>octagonal ripples
Goddammit.
>>
File: Sideways Maui.jpg (843KB, 3571x3355px) Image search: [Google]
Sideways Maui.jpg
843KB, 3571x3355px
That's the area a bit before the multiple falls by the look of it, but the waterfall seems to be blocked by rocks. It seems weird that it'd just be an area to itself, and Lana is on the beach below for her challenge. It'd also be weird if you'd have to go all the way around for that as well. Either something climbed another climbable waterfall, or maybe the player enters from the side. It'd be weird to detail that many waterfalls without waterfall, but there was that one town in Kalos that was all about watefalls with only about two usages of the moon for a tm.
>>
>>29019314
Is the Lapras actually reacting to the ripple? That's really nice if it is.
>>
>>29019360
I used that one because it had a full view of the trial area behind it. If you want something unusual, I found that it's not raining on the bridge Lana is standing on, but it IS in the trial area. Though, the same segment of the trial area is always seen for that. The area in which Wishiwashi appears.
>>
>>29019398
I guess that means the rainy area is a higher level of the waterfalls in that case, so I guess we'll be able to climb them by that point.
>>
File: Hawaii stream life.jpg (28KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
Hawaii stream life.jpg
28KB, 480x288px
There was also a part of the trailers where something was battling seaking in what seemed like a different waterfall background. That was a neat touch, since I believe the seaking line is the only one to learn waterfall by level up.
That reminds me. All of the non- brackish freshwater shrimp, snails, and fish in Hawaii are all waterfall climbers. I could see a mon like that not being shown for ride yet.
>>
>>29017330
Jeez look how handsome kukui is. Once the games are out ill probably spend half the time i play moon fappin to him everytime he's on the screen
>>
File: lana.png (3MB, 2328x1307px) Image search: [Google]
lana.png
3MB, 2328x1307px
This calls for another pic megadump
>>
File: trial.png (2MB, 2334x1307px) Image search: [Google]
trial.png
2MB, 2334x1307px
>>
>>29019360
Sharpedo breaks through rocks while riding
>>
>>29020570
If that was so, it'd actually be useless to have Lapras here, and I doubt they can be switched in mid Surf.
>>
>>29020666
It does seem that fishing has something to do with the challenge though, so Lapras would have to be used.
>>
>>29020691
It remains to be seen if Ride pokemon can be switched while another one is already in use. HMs could be used in concert, but I don't know about this. Regardless, these aren't the same rocks that Sharpedo was smashing. These are the kind of things that are in place to serve as a barrier on purpose. Nothing can get past them.
>>
File: 92151582.png (357KB, 540x549px) Image search: [Google]
92151582.png
357KB, 540x549px
>>29019354
Are you really getting triggered by that?
>>
>>29019354
octagons are sexy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.