[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think Z-moves will affect the meta? Honestly I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1470070835356.png (629KB, 980x342px) Image search: [Google]
1470070835356.png
629KB, 980x342px
How do you think Z-moves will affect the meta?
Honestly I don't see them as reliable and amazing to give up a hold item. Maybe for pokemon like Archeops to use Acrobatics or like Hawlucha to get an Umburden boost.
All in all I don't see them affecting the meta all that much.
>>
>>29017014
Banned.
Probably.
Theres going to be a Z move thats like Mega Kangaskhan bullshit. So i assume preemptive ban on Z moves.
Because any Z move worth giving up a hold item for is going to be seen as overpowered.
>>
>>29017014
Worse than megas if they really can be used by any mon.
>>
They'll probably be better Gems. I don't really like Z-move so far, from what we've seen. They feel really gimmicky.
>>
Really depends.
If they're one-time use nukes, maybe not so much, since a different held item would be better overall.

If there's a few that have more interesting effects (like the Eevee one, but not as exclusive), there could be a few that are really useful.

Overall we just don't know what they even do, besides look flash and do a lot of damage, so we'll have to wait and see.
>>
Most might be garbage, but having a nuke could still be useful for some mons. It pushes mindgames, though, which is generally seen as uncompetitive.

Someone in another thread suggested Parasect getting a Z-move that is pretty much just priority Spore. I could see that being used, and the Eevee evolution whatever-it's-called, because of the insane buffs it gets.

I don't think they'll be as good as Megas, for example, but I feel like they might be more centralizing than them.
>>
>>29017662
I am curious what Smogon are going to do. I think it's more likely that they'll ban all megas and allow Z-Moves (then consider them on a case-by-case basis, like they have with megas).
The VGC and WiFi ruleset ban megas but allow Z Moves, so I imagine Smogon will do the same until they can hold a vote to decide which way to do it.
>>
there are two scenarios:

1. most of them are shit, a few are OP, they are permitted in the meta

2. they are all OP and not permitted in the meta
>>
>>29019374
Why would Smogon ban all megas? They have never once followed VGC rules.
>>
Z ring isn't going to fit on my wrists...
>>
Testing each Z move on each mon will take a while. Most Z moves probably won't be that great anyway and the few that are good will either be exclusive to 1 Pokemon or be situational at best.
>>
>>29017014
I don't think the Crystal goes away after use OP
>>
>>29020175
>unburden
>>
>>29017014
it's only a 1 time use attack, its shit, even when it isn't affected by types resistance/super effectiveness/immunity
>>
>>29017014
evoboost baton pass will be the metagame op
>>
>>29021471
>its shit

It's pretty much the ultimate coverage move though. Imagine teaching a Dragon pokemon a poison or steel z-move
>>
>>29021619
the pokemon need to already have an ACTIVE move with the same type as the Z move, so garchomp would need to carry poison jab-iron head to use the steel/poison z move
>>
>>29019246
>mindgames seen as uncompetitive
only in pokemon
>>
It's practically the same thing as elemental gems except you can't abuse Unburden with it.

I have a feeling only the Pokemon specific ones are going to be worth using.
>>
>>29017014
Z crystals are Gen 5 gems but better, so... yes, will affect meta
>>
>>29017014
does the pokemon have to hold a gem as well? i thought the gem was on the trainer's side this time
>>
>>29017014
Have they said what this does exactly when you connect it to a game?
>>
>>29019374
>The VGC and WiFi ruleset ban megas
Only the VGC and the VGC ladder on Battle Spot does. Standard Battle Spot will allow Mega Evolution.
>>
>>29017662
How can a Z move be like Mega Kang? I don't see how a mechanic that is only usable once a battle between your entire team could be like a character with almost no flaws. The only thing I can think of is a damage dealing move that gives a super OP ability and stat buffs. But I honestly don't see that happening.
>>
>>29022495
it vibrates and lights up when you use a z-move
>>
>>29022680
Do we know if it's only once for the entire battle?
>>
>>29022115
Another problem is that you probably can't use Acrobatics with it, which is what most people used with Gems. It'll probably be better in Doubles.
>>
>>29022703
Yes.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.