[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from the name, what was the issue with this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Aside from the name, what was the issue with this game? Why is it hated?
>>
>>29009003
The image doesn't load.
What game?
please don't be MD
>>
>>29009027
xD
>>
>>29009003
Buncha faggots crying about it.
>>
>>29009003
That game was the shit man, I still have my Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness GameCube.
>>
>>29009003
I liked it, but I also never played colosseum
>>
File: qt.jpg (214KB, 783x995px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
214KB, 783x995px
>>29009003
>Why is it hated?
It's not really hated. I think the main thing is that there are people, like me, who enjoyed Colosseum's feel and Wes more than GoD and Michael.
>>
>>29009003
But it's not really hated. Most people don't like the protagonist because they prefered Wes in Colosseum (I know I did), but its gameplay is improved and the areas are a little more diverse which is cool.
I guess the only reason some people don't like it as much as Colosseum is that the story is a little more childish/anime-like.
Both games are considered good by the majority desu.
>>
>>29009166
>>29009192
I agree with both of these points.
Colosseum had the better atmosphere, better protagonist, better Cipher Admins and it was more difficult with the Admins using basic competitive strategies but GoD had more areas and a wider range of available Pokémon.
>>
>>29009003
Basically the story is a bit childish compared to Colosseum, Wes was a better protagonist (he was a member of an evil team ffs) and it was an easier end game than Colosseum.
>>
>>29009304
>ffs
Anon...
>>
>>29009342
>...
Anon
>>
Both Colosseum and GoD had a story I'd describe as PokemonXFinal Fantasy Crossover fanfiction without Final Fantasy characters.
A weird fanfiction but a decent one.
>>
>>29009126
> "I don't know what 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness' is"

Also, "kys". Are you sure you're not underaged?
>>
>>29009003
The big issues were that you only got an Eevee as a starter (instead of Espeon and Umbreon) and the main character/backstory were much lamer than Colosseum's.
>>
>>29009003

Because It wasn't a part of the core-series of Pokémon.
>>
File: 1475505887681.png (120KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
1475505887681.png
120KB, 600x472px
>>29009427
are you legitimately retarded
>>
>>29009427
get out of here pomf. let's face it, I've utterly destroyed you kiddo. you literally can't refute any of my points and you know it.

"muh bait muh bait" - t. loser still in middle school who is agree because the alpha cahd bully knocked up his crush even though he spent his whole middle school years follwojng her around like a lost beta bitch puppy thinking that a girl would ever fall for that because he is a complete retard who doesn't know that women want a real man not beta orbiters so now he has to take his anger out on the internet
>>
>>29009427
>Not getting the joke
Are you new here?
>>
>>29009295
The wider range of Pokemon available in GoD is part of what made it easier, in my opinion.
>>
>>29009491
is this a pasta
>>
File: 1474976787184.jpg (18KB, 367x271px) Image search: [Google]
1474976787184.jpg
18KB, 367x271px
>>29009427
Seriously though "this he wrote XD" is absolute cancer and was never funny.
>>
>>29009551
fresh from the oven
>>
>>29009520
I agree and that limitation is also why I like Colo over GoD. I just thought it was nice you're able to catch more Pokémon in GoD.
>>
Well, it was an attempt at making a non-traditional Pokemon game.

It's not bad by any means, the negative reception might have just been the product of people not liking the way it was structured.

Easiest way to catch new Pokemon was if, and only if they were one of those "Shadow Pokemon." Had something to do with plot.

Wild Pokemon encounters are few and far between, restricted to small areas where you leave little wedges of cheese to attract wild Pokemon.

Presentation was different than normal, everything was different.

Once again, not a bad game. Just a wack at something different.
>>
Time for Bulbapedia-tier trivia: You can complete the Hoenn Dex by just having this game and Emerald. You have to restart Emerald twice to get both Lati's, though.
>>
>>29009377
>Anon
>>
>>29009488
is that buttscab
>>
>>29009003
I prefer Wes and the stronger Cipher admins from Colosseum. It also doesn't have a sequel sadly.
The game is not hated it's just that the shadow pokemon games were not popular.

>>29009166
It's a good Rui pic.
>>
>>29009003
People actually hate this game? I always thought it was really awesome. The unique gameplay, the visual style, everything. Easily one of the best side games. I've been wishing for an updated sequel forever but I'm sure nintendo has forgotten all about XD by now.
>>
>>29009003
I still play it sometimes, not sure how relevant it is these days though considering it was 4 gens ago.

Are any of the exclusive moves used in competitive?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.