[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder if we'll get a Sun & Moon 2 where Alola has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: some old hulanigger.png (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
some old hulanigger.png
182KB, 500x500px
I wonder if we'll get a Sun & Moon 2 where Alola has actual gyms instead of some Hawaiian mumbo-jumbo bullshit.
>>
File: HNI_0075.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0075.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>29006618
>A decent change in the extremely stale formula
>A bad thing
>>
>>29006618
I doubt it. I feel gen7 will be like gen6. New games+a remake.

They will probably start focusing on making games for the NX after that.
>>
>>29006618
My opinion:But I like the concept of the island challenge. It's feels fresh and new and not as repetitive the Pokémon League challenge.
>>
File: 1475868649160.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475868649160.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>29006618
>>
What's so great about gyms?
>>
I know man, it's not pokemon without going into the designated boss building to make progress for the 65th time
>>
>>29006679
Nothing. Gyms have always been a lame excuse of boss battles. Only nostalgiafags are upset because pokemon is not their red and blue anymore.
>>
>>29006722
>literally every gen except this one
>nostalgia

I'm so nostalgic for the bygone days of X and Y three years ago where we had gyms
>>
>>29006722
They're alright when theres some build up and interaction with the town and gym leader

Problem is most are just enter town, do a shit puzzle, get two lines of dialogue, spam a SE move then get two more lines and a badge
>>
>>29006618
But we have trials, totem pokemon, trial captains, and kahunas. Each of those is like a gym but better
>>
>>29006767
Thats not how nostalgia works and I think you know that
>>
>>29006780
Totem Pokemon are a dumb idea and the kahunas are just four old fucks, they may as well be generic NPCs
>>
>>29006618
I don't think anybody cares about gyms.

I'd rather have Totems, Trial Captains, Kahuna, Skull Admins, Aether Admins, and Ultra Beasts as my boss checkpoints than another boring gym quest just for the sake of it.
>>
>>29006804
Gym leaders are just eight random fucks, they may as well be generic NPCs
>>
File: 1474576067790.jpg (34KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1474576067790.jpg
34KB, 500x318px
>>29006618
>GRRRR I HATE CHANGE
>>
>>29006804
Except we've only barely seen even just one of the Kahunas in action. They very well likely are story involved, considering we see the UB attack one in the trailer
>>
>>29006826
Yes, I fucking hate change

Imagine Zelda with no dungeons
>>
>>29006618
I have nothing against the trials, but I'd like that. If Sun and Moon are about establishing the league + gyms like that leak said, Sun 2 and Moon 2 could connect to the first ones and let you actually go through the custom gyms/league you built. Would be fun!
>>
>>29006861
Who cares, they're old

Fuck old people
>>
File: BreathoftheWildBoxArt.jpg (142KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
BreathoftheWildBoxArt.jpg
142KB, 250x353px
>>29006867
A-anon. I hate being the one to break it to you, but... that's already happening.
>>
>>29006722
I hate almost everything they've added in the past 3~ gens but this is great. These are the kinds of changes Pokemon should've gotten not "+1 pokemon battle mode" or temporary evolutions
>>
>>29006883

Are you upset because your parents grounded you again?
>>
>>29006883
Well, one of them is. The other 3 might not be, for all we know. So you might as well disregard all gym leaders as well then, some of those are old too.
>>
>>29006900

Wait, there aren't going to be any fucking dungeons?
>>
>>29006913
I'm upset because old fucks keep meandering into me in the street then telling me to watch where I'm going

Fuck off and die you worthless decrepit shitstains
>>
>>29006950
It's literally just No Man's Sky: Zelda Edition
>>
>>29006950
Of course there are, he's just shitposting.
>>
>>29006929
This. So far Kahunas seem like a split Elite 4 to me. So not likely all of them are old
>>
Does anyone else here have anxiety about the new format not out of nostalgia for gyms, but the fact that GF could very well fuck the change up and break the entire game?
>>
>Mumbo Jumbo Bullshit

You sound like IGN buttmad about Spirit of Justice
>>
>>29007400

Not really

We already seen that they have a new formula that's going to work

Autists only see "No gyms" and panic without seeing the whole thing
>>
Reminder that there's an Island Champion out there. The Alolan tourist in XY mentioned they have a champion.
>>
>>29006645
>Change not executed properly
>A good thing
You could at least use synonyms when replying to every complaint about this instead of posting the same thing, by the way, that's also stale.
>>
>>29007480
>implying he already knows it hasn't been executed properly despite the extremely limited knowledge of the game's structure he has
>>
>>29007500
>implying he already knows it's a decent change despite the extremely limited knowledge of the game's structure he has
Let me remind you that not all change is good, so defending something that you also don't know what is about doesn't make you any better. I cringe simply at the idea of doing 'quests' for trials or whatever you may call it, this is soon to switch from a battling rpg into a friendly quests one with cutesy animals.
>>
>>29007452
>>29007400
I hope that the trial captains are all battled at some point at least.
Even a small battle with 2-3 Pokemon would add to the trial more than "do minigame-like task, then find and beat totem Pokemon"
>>
>>29007722
What would their teams be? I'm guessing
>Mallow
Bounsweet evo
Fomantis
Skiddo
>Kiawe
Marowak
Turtonator prevo
Numel
>Lana
Pyukumuku
Wimpod
Lapras
>Sophocles
Pikachu
Vikavolt
Oricorio (reference to his namesake)
>>
>>29006645
Am I the only one who thinks this whole "trial campain" thing is gonna be just the old system, but instead of facing trainers/puzzles in a gym you'll do sidequests?
>>
>>29007894
Sidequests, the death knell of any RPG series
>>
>>29007592
>Let me remind you that not all change is good, so defending something that you also don't know what is about doesn't make you any better.
Nice try. Pointing out you shouldn't judge something if you know next to nothing about it isn't the same as defending the change, no matter how hard you try to link the two.
>this is soon to switch from a battling rpg into a friendly quests one with cutesy animals.
>actually thinks Pokémon is going to stop being about battles
>>
>>29007917
The fuck are you talking about?

Why are people so cynical about doing things other than battling randoms in buildings?
>>
>>29007986
Sidequests serve no other function than padding out a game with too little content
>>
>>29008010
>content serves so no porpuse other than being content
>>
>>29008042
Are you genuinely this stupid? Dumb fetch quests shouldn't be an excuse for actual gameplay
>>
>>29007592
>Let me remind you that not all change is good
But not all change is bad either. I for one believe that if a franchise truly wants to grow, a franchise needs to step out of its comfort zone from time to time. Pokemon is a franchise with a lot of creative potential. So I always found it limiting that Gamefreak kept reusing the same old Gym Formula for the Main Series Pokemon games. Why limit that potential?

Like that Anon said, I don't think people can possibly know enough about the Island Trials to truly make a judgement. Sure, the Island Trials can turn out lame. It seems quite experimental if there truly are no Gyms in Sun/Moon. But I would commend them for changing up the formula none the less because I think it's long overdue.

Even if there were backlash, I wouldn't want Gamefreak to retreat to the old Gym Formula again. Instead, I would want Gamefreak to stay its course by experimenting until they have another story formula that works well with the Main Series' structure. Because I think the whole Pokemon franchise can benefit from that greatly.
>>
>>29008010
Please direct me to all these classic 10/10 RPGs that have no sidequests
>>
>>29008049
You're the one that's now decided they're fetchquests

Do you even know what a side quest is, because trial shit isn't side content
>>
>>29008049

Pokemon IS one big fetch quest.
>>
>>29006618
>SM2
>Gym and League system are properly established by SM Protag
>It's ya champ, Guzma
>SM protag has seemingly vanished
>You find him in post game battling Ultra Beast and the remaining Aether members
>3DS saves your data from SM 1
>He's using your team
>>
File: IMG_4087.jpg (76KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4087.jpg
76KB, 1000x1000px
>>29007592
ok you had me for a sec mr bait man
>>
>>29008134
>implying aether are evil

Fuck the evil scientist cliche
>>
>>29008176
>implying Miss "Mother for all those poor Pokémon" isn't gonna be evil
>>
>>29008203
I don't care if the story portrays them as evil, science only does good
>>
>>29008230
Not really
>>
>>29008230
Chernobyl survivors disagree
>>
>>29008230
Go away Colress
>>
>>29008306
They deserved it for being slavs
>>
>>29008306
>implying Chernobyl wasn't caused by incompetent reactor structure and operators
>>
>>29006804
How are totem Pokemon a dumb idea? I get the idea that Gamefreak may fuck it up, but the idea of a wild Pokemon that has a boost you don't have is great. Might have made a lot of legendary Pokemon seem tougher

Well, except for the whole Master Ball thing that would still render the battle done and over with
>>
>>29007833
I kind of expect Sophocles to be Gen I incarnate and have some combination of Pikachu, Magneton,Jolteon, and Electabuzz
>>
>>29008230
Manhatten project is pretty debatable.
>>
at least wait for SM to come out before we start talking about a sequel lol
>>
>>29008203
You must admit, it woukl be a massive twist if Gamefreak was not lying and Aether was actually 100% good guys with nothing sketchy about their dealings at all

I don't think anybody would predict that
>>
>>29008506
>implying there haven't been tons of retards who have predicted that very thing
>>
>>29006618
A lot of it seems like they're basically just including gyms (etc.) and referring to them as "trails" (etc.) and adding a small twist on a few things. The formula has indeed changed, but not that much. A lot of it is just an illusion, imo.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.