[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people hate Gen V so much? Maybe the pokémons? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: unova.png (877KB, 769x498px) Image search: [Google]
unova.png
877KB, 769x498px
Why people hate Gen V so much? Maybe the pokémons? The plot? Region? Features?
>>
File: image.png (109KB, 290x154px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
109KB, 290x154px
>>29003589
It's supposed to be Pokemon America but it feels nothing like America.
>>
>>29003589
Is mostly for the Pokémon and that they by the first time focused in the story (it was the same as ever, just that they added failed feels in Bianca's Dad wanting her to end her adventure early, last trainers are N and Ghetsis instead of regional Champion, and that unlike previous games, cover legendary is mandatory in your team)
>>
>>29003624
It's literally just New York City.
>>
I like it, but routes are boring and having only new pokemon was kinda obnoxious for the first ones

Also simpler stories work better for pokemon although I appreciate the effort
>>
>>29003589
The Pokemon are copy and paste from Kanto and integrated Sinnoh's Pokemon design.
>>29003624
this too
Black and White was great, in terms of content, Black and White 2 is also great as well, the story is just a cardboard cutout though.
>>
>>29004054
Forgot to mention that, theres very obvious parallels between it's dex and Kantos

Which is a shame because Kantos dex felt like they were still working things out, why copy it's mistakes?
>>
>>29003589
Subjectively, Pokémon introduced in generation was a perfect example of quantity over quality, while the in-game and battle aesthetics were far from an improvement with pixelled designs.

The region was mostly focused on story and that was it. Finish BW, continue BW2 and complete Gen 5, nothing else. Only thing that I respected Gen 5 were PWT and BW Elite 4 League interruption. Apart from the story and E4 Battle Music, I heavily doubt there is a specific thing that I enjoyed these series.
>>
>>29003589
It's just shitposting.
>>
I love Gen 5. Pokemon designs are great, story has some actual effort put into it and pays off relatively well, region is awesome and the little touches put into music and gameplay are the icing.
>>
Honestly the best time I've had playing Pokémon next to when I was younger and got Ruby
>>
>>29003624
It's New York, namely New York City.
>>
Dunno, I always saw IV as the weak link.

V was one of the stronger ones imo.
>>
>>29003589
I think the games are fine. Both of them have a decent post game and enjoyable challenge.

If anything, the only thing I hate about the gen is the metagame because of the weather wars.
>>
>>29003589
90% of the reason is the Unova mons. There's just a lot of shit in there, while things take much longer to evolve too.
>>
I liked it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.