[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided recently that I am going to buy a refurbished 2DS for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2ds.png (366KB, 599x300px) Image search: [Google]
2ds.png
366KB, 599x300px
I decided recently that I am going to buy a refurbished 2DS for Sun & Moon and now with the announced demo I think I am going to grab one a little sooner. My last game in the series was Pearl.

Anyway, it seems super appealing to just digitally download the game when it comes out but then I was thinking about some of the cons. My save file and pokemon are tied directly to the handheld when it's a digital download, right? There's no way to transfer the stuff later down the road to different console like you could if I had a physical cartridge? I am just trying to decide between the pros and cons of going strictly digital with my 2DS. I travel a lot and having a digital library seems pretty great. Is there enough storage with the 2DS to do such a thing? I really do not seem myself branching out much besides S/M though.

tl:dr - Do you buy physical games for your 2DS? Are digital downloads the way to go nowadays?
>>
Just pay the $5 for bank if you're so paranoid

Also if you haven't played since pearl why not emulate BW/2 before you start spending money?
>>
I always buy physical.
>>
>>29003499
Storage is SD card dependant, I use 64GB on my 2DS.
You can, with nintendo's help, transfer your account from console to console. As far as I know, that doesn't include saves.
>>
>>29003499
Just hack the console. 2DS should come with something like firmware 10.7 which is so easy to hack.
Jusst do that before updating and you have full control of your save files, account, pokes etc
>>
>>29003651
No.
2DS always come with 9.0.0.
ALWAYS.
>>
>>29003687
that's not true at all: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/
>>
>>29003499
If you have enough budget, I'd say go for 3DS XL. It is a great experience to play the games in huge screen. Coming to digital and physical copy, my priority is always physical copy, as something may happen to your 3DS and you can't re-download it as it only download to console, not the account itself unlike Origin, Steam and etcetra.

I usually buy the second version, if I buy, digital though. There is not much a difference, although physical copies are better, especially for Nintendo, in my opinion.
>>
>>29003775
not OP but...
> you can't re-download it as it only download to console
You can download it as much as you want, or if you erase the game you are fucked?
>>
>>29004384
saved to your nintendo id
>>
>>29003741
>https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/
Oh sorry, I meant 6.0.0 I CFW'ed mine a week ago.
>>
>>29003499
Either buy physical or pirate.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but i dont want to buy a flashcard! im a fucking idiot!
You don't need a flashcard you fucking idiot, read >>>/vg/hbg/
>>
>>29003499
As far as digital downloads go, I download my games almost exlusively. I love having all of my games on one card/hd. However Pokemon games are the only games I don't digitally download. Something about having a pokemon cart is just too important for me to give up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.