[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually don't think this battle bond is bad at all. but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I actually don't think this battle bond is bad at all.
but it could've been done MUCH better >make ash greninja not canon >battle bond is a completely different mechanic instead of an ability >only certain pokemon can have battle bond >battle bond pokes take the appearance of the in-game trainer
>>
sounds like megas but not megas
>>
We have yet to see if any other Pokemon get battle-bond. I love Ash-Greninja's design so i'm not particularly upset with having that alone, but I think it'll be a major waste if no other pokemon get it. Atleast give it to the other Gen 6 starters.

Also, if other pokemon get it, I assume they'll do it so that they do match your trainers design slightly (even if just the colour of your outfit or whatever), and Greninja will have a separate look than Ash-Greninja. A-G will just be an event-mon like Spiky-Eared Pichu that is just an alternate design of a pre-existing pokemon. Just my two cents and ideas though!
>>
>>29003432
In the anime when Alan first battles Satoshi, he says something along the lines of "So it can mega evolve without the use of stones? It must be because of the strength of the bond between pokemon and trainer." So if the anime canon is to believed it is basically mega evolution without stones.
>>
>>29003432
Yeah, I assume it's like this to let Battle Bond mons use Z-moves
>>
>>29003388
>Muh canon got ruined because of ash
Stfu embrace it and have fun
>>
>>29003461
Unlikely. Abilities has never had different effects on different Pokemon, and this is specifically an ability. The only time where something has ever worked differently on different Pokemon is with a few Pokemon moves, specifically Curse (Different effects if the user is a ghost or isn't a ghost) and Hyperspace Fury (Won't even work if the user isn't a specific pokemon with a specific forme).
>>
>>29003512
Everything in my mind just screams that Z-forms should have been a thing, and I was a big advocate for having them, but the biggest what I assumed was a clue was Ash-Greninja. Set up perfectly as this mysterious synchronisation but now it's just an ability. Not to mention the multiple forms of Zygarde. Z-moves on their own are pretty disappointing to me but here's hoping we get a few cool unique ones.
>>
>>29003388
In my opinion, the only way gf can make up for this incredible misstep is if the starters or some other pokeon do get battlebond and its as you said, where they inheret some of the ingame trainers customizable options.
>>
>>29003575
That's true. At the end of the day I just really hope Ash-Greninja isn't just a special event Greninja with a special ability and no other pokemon in the franchise gets it unless SM also has a great plot line like XY and another of his pokemon get the ability
>>
battle bond is mega evolution using the ability slot instead of an item slot, this is obviously to make battle bond pokemon be able to use Z moves
>>
>>29003659
>>29003609
>>29003388
stop abusing spoiler tags jesus fuck
>>
>>29003756
(You)______and have another (You)_____________(You) (You)slut_____________________________
>>
I really hate how people are confused about Ash being mentioned in a Pokémon game for the first time. It's the 20th Anniversary of Pokémon. It makes sense to have such an iconic character thats been an anime series for 19 years now make his in-game debut. Especially if its only on the demo we get to see him.
>>
I really, really wish they had just created a mega for Greninja instead of doing this bond shit.
>>
>>29003865
It's not like this is the first time the anime has been referenced in the games either, there's Yellow and Alain being mentioned in ORAS

Who gives a shit if the anime is mentioned, it barely affects anything
>>
>>29003388
I don't care about the appearance or the Pokemon itself. They've been explained in the anime.
It's the name, Ash-Greninja, that I hate. They could've just called it Hero Greninja.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.