[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 1: Best starters Gen 2: Best world Gen 3: Best legendarys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: nUyGVDY.jpg (58KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nUyGVDY.jpg
58KB, 1366x768px
Gen 1: Best starters
Gen 2: Best world
Gen 3: Best legendarys
Gen 4: Best mechanics
Gen 5: Best music
Gen 6: Fucking trash
>>
>>29002657
>Gen 4: Best mechanics
How?
>>
>>29002657
Gen 1: Best idea (started franchise)
Gen 2: Best legendaries
Gen 3: Best region
Gen 5: Best games
Gen 6: Best overworld music

>select all squares with street signs
>Goldenrod Way
>>
>>29002657
Gen 6: Best visuals

If you disagree you're lying. We jumped to 3D graphics and everyone liked it. You're just letting your disdain for the easiness and lack of post-game corrupt the rest of your views on it.
>>
>>29002691
>Gen 1: Best idea (started franchise)
>Gen 1: Best legendaries
>Gen 1: Best region
>Gen 1: Best mechanics
>Gen 1: Best games
>Gen 1: Best overworld music

Fixed that for you
>>
>>29002672
>Headbutting trees
pfft...
>>
File: Bait Bakura.jpg (108KB, 926x723px) Image search: [Google]
Bait Bakura.jpg
108KB, 926x723px
>>29002740
>>
>>29002720
I would actually rank overworlds in term of overall pleasantness like that:
Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 6

I'm actually not sure if Gen 3 or Gen 6 is worse, but it's not a leap to say that it's the worst-looking game in the overworld, or at least close to that.

The battles definitely are the best though.
>>
>>29002657
>Gen 5: Best music
It's funny because you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>29002720
>everyone liked it
Doesn't mean shit
>>
>>29002657
>Gen 1: Best characters
>Gen 2: Best gathering of regions
>Gen 3: Best story
>Gen 4: Best graphics
>Gen 5: Best battles
>Gen 6: Absolutely disgusting
>>
>Gen 1: Best starters
>Gen 2: Best game
>Gen 3: Best dex
>Gen 4: Best music
>Gen 5: Best region
>Gen 6: Best gimmicks
>>
>>29002812
Oh so some hipsters on a containment board don't like it and their opinion is more valid?

Every post that doesn't give Gen VI any credit is pretty pathetic. It's pretty astounding you can lie to yourself and say the complete visual overhaul was shit compared to what we had in the past.
>>
>>29002738
>Gen 5: Best legendaries (Mewshit, Mew2shit and Borbs are overated)
>Gen 5: Best region(A circle is better than a Fully developed region, G5 Magic)
>Gen 5: Best mechanics(R/B/Y after the main adventure are nothing B/W/B2/W2 You can do everything)
>Gen 5: Best games
>Gen 5: Best overworld music(You prefer fully composed music that costed millions to shitty pixel sounds, what a faggot)

Fixed that for (YOU)
>>
>>29002657
1: Best nothing, others are better in every way, so I guess best idea
2: Best atmosphere, I love the rural Japan feel
3: Best Pokemon, I don't know why, but I don't think I dislike any Pokemon from this region
4: Best starters, best metagame
5: Best region (BW2), and best postgame too, HGSS is tied with BW2 in this
6: haven't played it

I think 7 will get the best starters award from me once I see the animations
>>
Gen 6 had the best online, and the best Pokemon distribution.
>>
Gen 1: Best generation
Gen 2: 2nd Best generation
Gen 3: 3rd Best generation
Gen 4: Fucking shit
Gen 5: Fucking shit
Gen 6: Fucking shit
>>
ITT
>People saying the first pokemon game they played is the best. It's gen 5 without a doubt and I've played since gen 3
>>
>>29003003
>Look ma, I'm posting on the Pokemon board saying I hate Pokemon. Am I cool?
>>
>>29002921
>gen 5
>best region
I came here to laugh at you.
>>
>>29003021
Incorrect
>>
>>29003021
Not me, I'm>>29002921
I started with Stadium, then got Red, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire in that order. Then I started playing the DS games in order too, and BW 2 is my favorite, followed by HGSS
>>
File: 216345284517.jpg (72KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
216345284517.jpg
72KB, 768x576px
>>29003003
KEK

You slay me, anon
>>
>>29003041
But it is. I could laugh at you if you told me which one is the best for you too. The only one who can compare to BW2's Unova is Johto/Kanto combined, but that's cheating
>>
>>29003021
>Look at me lying about my first game so that my opinion on why my first game is the best can be more credible
>And now I'm gonna call people out on exactly what I'm doing!
>>
File: 1475539727144.jpg (41KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
1475539727144.jpg
41KB, 326x343px
>>29003003
>>
>>29003081
Johto (without Kanto) is the best, followed by Sinnoh, Kalos, Kanto, Hoenn and finally Unova.
>>
>>29003132
>Putting Unova last out of spite

Ignore facts all you want kiddo but we all know what the best region is
>>
>>29003189
He's probably only played black and white. Which I admit was pretty lackluster even coming from sinnoh. Unova 2 gave it much needed improvements and optional areas to open up the region.
>>
>>29002918

Best bait
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 625x626px
>>29002738
>>
>>29003238
Yeah, I specified BW2's Unova. It has a ton of areas, caves, etc. And most of them are pretty distinct. The music is amazing too

>>29003132
That's like, your opinion, man. Kanto should be dead last, no matter how hard your nostalgiabonner tells you otherwise.
And Johto is too small, that's why I didn't put it in first, combined with Kanto it's probably the best.
Hoenn and Sinnoh are comparable, but I still enjoyed BW2 Unova more, fuck water and mt coronet/the ice route
>>
>>29003189
>out of spite
No, I just don't like it very much.
>facts
opinions aren't facts, faggot

>>29003238
I've played both, It's still shit.
>>
>>29003021
I started with Red and think Emerald and B2W2 are the best.
>>
>>29002657
Gen 6: Fine tuning a lot of menus, mechanics, and introducing new concepts(trainer customization, megas, etc), but leaving nearly everything else empty and boring
>>
>>29003306
IT'SNOTBAITIT'SAFACT,

KILLYOURSELF
>>
File: 1468901728514.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468901728514.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>29003466
>>
Gen 1: Best concept
Gen 2: Eh
Gen 3: Best storyline
Gen 4: Best mechanic and lore
Gen 5: Best Legendary (Music is -10 / 10)
Gen 6: Best Nostalgia
>>
>>29002720
No.

Gen 6 does not have the best aesthetics. HGSS Johto and Gen 5 both look much better than both regions in Gen 6
>>
>>29003336
Johto doesn't need to be big to be good. Its still pretty fantastic
>>
Gen 1: Best sense of wonder
Gen 2: Best region
Gen 3: Best aesthetic
Gen 4: Best graphics
Gen 5: Best overall game
Gen 6: Best legendaries
>>
>>29003658
Yes, you're comparing the best of the former to the worst of the latter if you genuinely think that. Laverre Town, Glittering Cave, the Lumiose back alleys, Reflection Cave, and the general overworld with customization options are all conveniently forgotten to you, aye?
>>
>>29003921
No I remembered all of those. I'm comparing the basic overworlds of both.

Refection Cave is fantastic, but so is Chargestone Cave. I don't think say, the Lumiose back alleys look better, purely for having a different camera angle. Because aesthetics are more than that. The tiles and models, the colours used, what is actually present. That is also important. And Johto and Unova have thier fair share if camera angle changes since camera angle changes actually started in HGSS.

The lovely Autumn aesthetics of Laverre are also seen in Johto and Unova as well.
>>
>>29003921
>>29004015
Also, having some things be better doesn't make the whole region better overall. One of the best parts of the Pokemon World is right outside Frost Cavern. I also love the sky reflecting off puddles in Hoenn. But overall, I still would not say they're the best imo
>>
>>29002657
Gen 1: Best as a starting point for everyone
Gen 3: Best climate
Gen 5: Best games and music
Gen 6: Best online
Gen 7: Best concept (prediction)
>>
>>29002738
>>29002918

KYS
>>
all these unovabortions
>>
>>29003003
>"mommy wouldn't buy me a DS": the post
>>
>>29004015
>>29004049
What it sounds like is you're dismissing all the positive qualities of Gen VI's visuals that far outnumber those in previous generations without any reasons. You claim HGSS and Gen V look better for having mere fragments of what Gen VI has, so it sounds like outright bias.

i.e. 'yeah Kalos had A-Z, but Johto had D-G and Gen V had M-P so they're better'
>>
File: image.png (556KB, 1440x1437px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
556KB, 1440x1437px
>>29003466
>>
>>29004175
Not really, being better in some ways is different from being the best in all ways. I have complimented some of ORAS's and XY's areas in my comments. I just prefer how the games look in HGSS and BW2 is all. I don't see what's so farfetched about that desu.

Also not sure what you mean by mere fragments. In the end all four games are top down experiences with different angles on occasion.

Since each games have unique aesthetics, it is entirely possible to prefer an earlier one. Even SM doesn't have to instantly be the best to me if the decisions they make regarding art direction end up not jiving with me.

DP isn't instantly better looking than FRLG because they're in 3D. Because stuff like ugly tiles for mountains, water and grass make the direction poorer to me. Its the same thing here.
>>
>>29004320
>Not really, being better in some ways is different from being the best in all ways.
Since we're talking visuals, it is better in all ways.

You complimented them, then turned tail and claimed HGSS and Gen V were better without any reasons other than saying yeah they had some of those things too, which doesn't convey any kind of superiority.

>I just prefer how the games look in HGSS and BW2 is all. I don't see what's so farfetched about that desu.
I suggest you not say sweeping statements like "both look much better than both regions in Gen 6" when your opinion has little basis in anything but perhaps nostalgia and could very well be regarded as stubbornness since Gen VI is a more enhanced experience to justify calling it best and the games you suggest have nothing but 'I like them more', in which case I advise you to look up the definition of best since by that logic I could argue something like, Gen I was the best at everything ever and never had any flaws since I liked it.

>Also not sure what you mean by mere fragments. In the end all four games are top down experiences with different angles on occasion.
You gave examples of the two games having one nice visual setting each that resemble ones from Gen VI. I gave examples of multiple for Gen VI on top of the 3D engine.

Regarding the rest, see my paragraph about being able to claim Gen I was the best without having to offer any kind of argumentation other than I liked it.
>>
File: paths and puddles.png (129KB, 667x422px) Image search: [Google]
paths and puddles.png
129KB, 667x422px
>>29004532
>Since we're talking visuals, it is better in all ways
I simply disagree with this

>I suggest you not say sweeping statements like "both look much better than both regions in Gen 6"
You suggest I not have a different opinion than you? Both look much better than both regions in Gen 6. I will continue to think this. Feel free to respond with "You can continue to be wrong" or some other dismissive nonsense

>when your opinion has little basis in anything but perhaps nostalgia and could very well be regarded as stubbornness since Gen VI is a more enhanced experience
Ah, the old "nostalgia" argument. The "no matter what you think it doesnt count" defense. Baller. Stop trying to speak for the entire fanbase in regards to this. I'm only speaking for myself here and you should do the same

No, Gen 6 Hoenn is not better than Johto or Unova with worse looking colours and a much more overtly square environment. Being in OOOOH 3D does not make me instantly love it more. It's possible to think Minish Cap looks better than Spirit Tracks you know. Which it does.

>You gave examples of the two games having one nice visual setting each
Yes. That's what examples are. I dont feel the need to list them all. Also, I think you might not have realised that Unova has camera angle changes in spades. They were certainly more memorable than the ones in Kalos for me.
>>
>>29005300
>You suggest I not have a different opinion than you? Both look much better than both regions in Gen 6. I will continue to think this. Feel free to respond with "You can continue to be wrong" or some other dismissive nonsense
I'm saying you have a brainless argumentation since you're the one claiming they're better when all you have to say is you like them more. I can't comprehend how you still fail to see how useless that is since it accomplishes nothing since I could just say I like the other more. On the contrary, I've actually given reasoning in the graphical overhaul as to they're being better.

>I'm only speaking for myself here and you should do the same
I'm glad you finally put it out in the open. You had no right to deny me my claim Gen VI had the best aesthetics going by this, since 'everyone has a valid opinion'. That is, if you have no reason to say those games are better and just said it just to say it, fuck off since your opinion means dogshit next to everyone else's.

>No, Gen 6 Hoenn is not better than Johto or Unova with worse looking colours and a much more overtly square environment.
It amazes me how you can continue being this dumb after I already pointed it out earlier. Kalos looks better than Johto and Unova and I explained it. You look at the best of each, not the worst elements of one and the best elements of the other.

Take your picture for example. The puddles in XY blow the previous gens out of the water with how fleshed out they are, yet you're focusing on the square puddles of Hoenn that were meant to recapture the GBA feel of the original games.

>They were certainly more memorable than the ones in Kalos for me.
Gee, I wonder why.
>>
Gen 1: First generation
Gen 2: Second generation
Gen 3: Third generation
Gen 4: Fourth generation
Gen 5: Fifth generation
Gen 6: Sixth generation
Gen 7: Seventh generation

Only objective breakdown.
>>
>>29005606
>the puddles of gen 6

Post them
>>
>>29002657
>Johto: best world
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>29003567
>he likes the genies
>he likes mlp
LOL
>>
File: XY watery paths.jpg (128KB, 1258x523px) Image search: [Google]
XY watery paths.jpg
128KB, 1258x523px
>>29005679
>>
>>29002657
Gen 1: Best idea
Gen 3: Best improvements
Gen 4: Best region
Gen 5: Best story
Gen 6: Garbage
>>
>I'm saying you have a brainless argumentation
It's argument, and I think you're taking thigs differently than I am. I stated why I liked Johto and Unova more, you stated why you like Hoenn and Kalos more. I dont agree, and that's all there is to it. Different opinions.

>>29005606
Finally put it out in the open? Obviously I'm speaking for myself lol. Was that not made clear by the fact that I'm the one saying this? This is getting kind of funny.

>since I could just say I like the other more
You can though. Certainly

>fuck off since your opinion means dogshit next to everyone else's.
Stop pretending you are speaking for the whole fanbase lol, like holy shit my man. You think this is somehow objective.

>You look at the best of each, not the worst elements of one and the best elements of the other.
That makes no sense, you look at everything together. I look at the best and the worst.

>that were meant to recapture the GBA feel of the original games.
Why does that matter? I dont need to know why they decided to make it look worse.

>>29005606
>>29005679
Also this. I dont remember puddles in Kalos. lol

>>29005792
That's specifically marshland. It looks fine
>>
>>29005817
I hope we can add

Gen7: Best overworld
>>
>>29005830
>Obviously I'm speaking for myself lol. Was that not made clear by the fact that I'm the one saying this? This is getting kind of funny.
Ok yeah we're done talking. Reasoning is useless on you. You claim everyone is entitled to an opinion but then brought up your opinion as a criticism of mine. In other words, you wasted your time and mine.
>>
>>29004015
Kalos did Autumn better than the other examples though. Unova just turned everything brown and dead, and it wasn't comfy at all.

And Johto had one tiny corner of Autumn area while Kalos had three routes and a comfy fucking fairy town to go with it.
>>
>>29003658
>HGSS Johto
>good asethetic
Where?
>>
>>29002657
Gen 1: Lapras
Gen 2: Ampharos, Lugia
Gen 3: Mightyena, Absol
Gen 4: Lucario
Gen 5: Serperior, Scolipede, Zoroark
Gen 6: Delphox, Goodra, Noivern, Sylveon

Don't know what you want, 6/6 would play again.
>>
File: hahaha-no.jpg (48KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha-no.jpg
48KB, 562x437px
>>29005817
>Gen 3: Best improvements
>>
File: 1470782110703.png (431KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470782110703.png
431KB, 800x800px
Gen 1: Best gameplay
Gen 2: Best region
Gen 3: Best Pokemon and diversity
Gen 4: Best lore and visuals
Gen 5: Best characters
Gen 6: Best gimmicks
Gen 7: Best story?
>>
>>29002657
>Gen 1: Best starters
>Gen 2: shit without kanto
>Gen 3: Best subjectable
>Gen 4: Best region
>Gen 5: Best games / legendaries
>Gen 6: Fucking trash
>>
>>29002691
>Gen 5: Best games

Perhaps it would have been, but BW are worse than XY and DP
>>
>>29002921
>best region

The only region more bland than Unova is Kanto
>>
>>29006716
>Gen 5
>best anything

Fucking lmao
>>
>>29002657
Gen 1: best idea (started franchise)
Gen 2: best postgame (Kanto is postgame)
Gen 3: best starters
Gen 4: best region
Gen 5: best story
Gen 6: best megas
Gen 7: best everything
>>
File: 1457167549017.jpg (69KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1457167549017.jpg
69KB, 500x282px
>>29006462
Your very first comment was
>if you disagree you're lying
But sure, I'm the one that cant be reasoned with. This entire thing was me simply saying which region has the best aesthetics is not objective and it's possible for someone to find older regions better looking despite the 3D being more advanced. This entire thing was literally me telling you other people can have different opinions. I'm criticizing your inability to fathom that.

Thanks for the convo though, I really enjoyed it!

>>29006501
That's also an opinion. Especially since you used "comfy." I mean, I also use that word but still. I quite liked how Unova's use of dull colours because that is a lot more appealing to me. And Johto's area isnt less good because there isnt much of it. However, the entire top half of Ecruteak is autumn-like, not just Bellchime Trail.
>>
File: Kanto_Route_27_HGSS.png (363KB, 3152x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_Route_27_HGSS.png
363KB, 3152x480px
>>29006520
pretty much everywhere mi familia
>>
>>29002770
Underage detected
>>
>>29002672
Physical/special split
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.