[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone explain how datamining the demo can leak the whole game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: wat.jpg (117KB, 649x720px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
117KB, 649x720px
Someone explain how datamining the demo can leak the whole game?

To start, I'm not against spoilers I'm just curious.

From my understanding the demo is just an altered version of the full games. But couldn't they make the demo a different way so only specific information is in the demo? Maybe just recreate or isolate the parts of the game that are in the demo?

To me it seems like they just don't care much and don't mind if the game is leaked.
>>
As a person who has no idea how these demos are made, they probably just cut and paste part of the actual game, with some of the content blocked behind barriers. If you could datamine the code, you'd probably see what they are too lazy to cut/need to keep in to keep it functioning like the game would
>>
SciresM, where you at?
>>
>>28999582
The problem is that there's always a possibility that some random bit of metadata (which is the stuff that gets left in usually, models and stuff are the things that get removed) is important enough such that removing it could cause issues. So they play it safe.
>>
Because GF was too lazy to remove the rest of the game from the ORAS demo and it could happen again
>>
>>28999829
Sucking cocks and eating shit
>>
>>28999852
What did get leaked from oras demo?
>>
Honestly I don't even see the point of a demo.

It's fucking Pokemon. Everyone knows what the gameplay is like, and videos are enough to showcase new features. Simply put, it will NOT make more people buy the game, no one is "on the fence" about it. Either you play pokemon or you don't.

This is stupid.
>>
>>28999897
The new megas stats (and that there would be more of them other than the ones that were already revealed), hoppa unbound,pokemon movesets, move tutors, in-game trainer data (aka what pokemon would the elite 4/champion/evil team/zinnia have), the main script from the complete game, ect.

In short, if GF didn't learn anything from last time, then everything that we care about will be leaked.
>>
>>28999582
In very simple terms,

"Heavy" data like models, textures, sfx and music take up a lot of space, while "light" data like tables of moves, pokemon stats, NPC trainer teams and dialogue take up next to no space at all in comparison. The heavy data is usually easy to isolate and cut out, but the light metadata is trickier as it is cross-referenced all over the game and could easily break the game if something vital is removed.

In other words, the easiest course of action for GF is simply to only remove the heavy data and simply not mess at all with the light data. It's absolutely possible to scrub the latter, but it would require so much extra work and bug testing that they probably feel it's not worth it.
>>
>>28999582
Postinf
>>
>>28999902
Lets it go through all the news sites again getting free advertising
>>
>>28999844
>>29000007
Ah I see, makes sense.
>>
>>28999902
It's just advertising.

Though I could see it being of some interest to all those faggots who got into pokemon cause of GO now.

You know Nintendo wants them to come play the "real" game too
>>
>>29000007
Nothing stops them from filling that "lighter" data with random shit. They could replace all unused dex entries with ditto for example, same goes for dialogue and unused trainers/routes.
>>
>>29000155
Also it'll get forced on everyone with a 3ds, so some people who don't give a shit will try it out just coz

Theres also bound to be a few people that play it because it's something to do then get attached to their pokemon and buy the full game out of obligation
>>
>>29000185
They do remove the data for those things, but the memory locations still exist.
>>
>>29000185
Requires effort, normies don't look this shit up before playing so nothing is spoiled for 90%

I know people at uni who have preordered it yet haven't watched a single trailer, they aren't gonna trawl through meta data
>>
>>29000007
What if they made the demo from scratch (outside of assets obviously) and never added the light data in the first place?
>>
>>29000234
see
>>29000227
>>
>>29000185
Yeah they could, but this is GameFreak. They are lazy and stupid.
>>
>>28999977
Knowing this makes me afraid of been here the day the demo gets data mined but also excited
>>
>>29000155
>normies think that pokemon is all about autistic ash forms for faggot frogs since that's the only pokemon you can use in the demo
>people who actually know something about pokemon don't want anything to do with loserfrog
good fucking job TPCi
>>
>>29000426
Inb4 only usable pokemon in demo
>>
>Game gets released in yurop a whole week later
>The shop will probably deliver the game to me after another week from yuropoor release like they did with oras
I think I'll just read anything that CuckM gonna datamine from the demo.
>>
>>29000185
This is what I expect to happen. However I'm not sure they can completely remove all information. They'll still have a list of Pokemon just with blank names or whatever. We'll still be able to see how many Pokemon there are, and probably be able to figure out all their movesets.
>>
>>29000007
So let's say they took out all the heavy data but left the light one. We would now all the names, stats, typing and so on of the new pokemon, but not what they look like, right?
>>
>>29000638
Yeah, although we could work out the basics if we get dex entries and move sets
>>
>>29000000
testing
>>
>>29000719
Holy shit, if this is what will happen I can just imagine the drawthreads and the fanarts everywhere. Trying to figure out what a pokemon looks like based on typing and description? People will go nuts
>>
>>29000719
>>29000887
Actually, we can see a little sprite of them, but not the actual model. I remember clearly the Primal/Mega shinies and Hoopa Unbound's sprite being leaked alongside everything else.
>>
>>28999897
Everything. All megas, stats, items, etc.

>>28999582
read above, op.
>>
So when is the demo expected to go on Nintendo's server where pirates can get it? I'd like to leave before spoilers hit.
>>
>>29001015
I'd like to think they'd at least get rid of that this time, although it is GF
>>
>>29001015
Aw, that's no fun
>>
>>29001043
It's already here technically, but until the key is released, no way anyone's gonna get it.
>>
>>29000267
I mean, I'm pretty sure they're probably aware that people will datamine the fuck out of the game. They likely don't care because at the end of the day, it won't really cause that many issues.
>>
>>29001043
Unless a turboautist or eclectic rich man has the tenacity and means to brute force the title key, which is something on the order of billions of possibilities, it's not getting pirated until the demo release date in 10 days.
>>
>>29002486
>turboautist

This is the Pokemon fandom surely we have a few of those.
>>
How does one obtain the title key needed then? Can it even be done?
>>
>>28999897
Hoopa Unbound, Megas' stats, Delta Episode, etc
>>
>>29002639

Wait until the demo goes live. I'm not gonna dig up the formulas the math fags did but let's just say there's no chance in hell of generating the key before Nintendo just puts it up.
>>
>>29002486
Pretty sure someone ran the calculations and found it would take 600000 years to get the code, using every computer in the world.
>>
>>28999582
Demos depend on how much work the developers want to put in. For a safe, non-dataminable demo, the devs would have to basically make a copy of the game's engine, then spend a lot of time erasing anything from the main game they don't want in the demo, and ensuring that it doesn't break anything.

What GF did for ORAS (and probably again) was just take the engine, slap together some side level, and hide the models for new megas. That's about it
>>
>>29003430
That's if the title key is the absolute last combination. But it would take a fucking long time.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.