[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't watched Pokemon or any anime in years. I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: season19_ep02_ss01.jpg (92KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
season19_ep02_ss01.jpg
92KB, 578x327px
I haven't watched Pokemon or any anime in years. I know how it ends for Ash. Should I give this a chance?
>>
>>28996986
You can, but do not watch the TPCi dub, it's gotten worse and worse over time, to the point where even 4Kids did a better job with it.

Go subs for this shit, my friend.
>>
Honestly, I wouldn't. The human characters are all pretty bland, predictable, generic and repetitive. Flow of the story feels like a bunch of repetitive clichés and running gags. If you want a good show, just skip straight to the Pokemon battles. Seriously, they are the best thing about the show. Great animation and music made even better (in my opinion) in the Japanese version. I would just YouTube all the gym and rival battles, seriously ya won't be missing out on much
>>
>>28996986
>Should I give this a chance?

No, the XY anime is boring as fuck 99% of the time and you can tell because the apologists who support it only repost webms from the same 2 or 3 episodes.
>>
>>28996986
Watch Generations and wish the Pokemon anime was actually good.

I'm not saying Generations is 10/10 great, but it makes ME wish that the anime was more like it.
>>
>>28997308
[genwun intensifies]
>>
>>28997488
>implying Generations has anything to do with genwun

The thing I like about Generations is that it follows the games more, while expanding on it.
>>
>>28997285
muh weeb
>>
>>28997190
>>autism
>>
>>28996986
watch gym battles, tournaments, contests and important plot battles. Disregard filler. Then it's a great show.
>>
>>28997488
>>28997539
>>28997559
(You)'re a reaching weeaboo shithead blinded by nostalgia I hope you fucking die you worthless piece of garbage
>>
>>28997559
The dub is absolute shit now, though.

>>28997518
It has a pretty mediocre dub and a lot of the shorts are disconnected from each other, though.
>>
>>28997605
I'm biased against dubs in general, but I don't think a dub has anything to do with the quality of the actual content, if you know what I mean.

And yeah, the shorts are unfortunately, just that; shorts. That's why I wish that the anime was just more like Generations. Then we'd get longer, connected stories.
>>
>>28997629
I get what you mean, but you don't seem to realize just how horrible TPCi have handled the dubbing itself lately. I'll just pull up a comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU

Fair point: if Generations was longer and the dub wasn't so mediocre, I'd be for it. At any rate, anything is better than what the Anime's become, unfortunately.
>>
>>28997663
Don't worry! We're in agreement, totally! I wasn't even replying to the first half of your post, trust me I know how shitty the dub is.

What I meant is like, if you'll indulge my weeb, take a show like, I don't know, Cowboy Bebop. Imagine the dub was absolute SHIT. The show would still be good. (not to start anything, i've had enough shitstorms for a few hours)
>>
>>28997686
Yeah, you're not wrong, the Pokemon Anime has always been pretty shitty in general, but TPCi's dub makes it literally unwatchable for me in English.
>>
>>28997736
At least we have the games... Thanks for being able to discuss shit anon have a good life
>>
>>28997762
You too, anon, one of the most based people on /vp/ I've ever met.
>>
>>28996986
>Is this season good? I haven't watched the anime in [x] years and-
>Yes, it's fucking good, just start watching it already.

Some slight mishaps in late XY&Z aside, it's genuinely the best the Pokemon anime has ever been, and it's been a highly enjoyable ride.
So yes, yes you should. Ignore the "Ash lost the league so the entire series is pointless by proxy" faggotry.
>>
I've been rewatching it recently, started at the very beginning. I'm only up to episode 160 or so thus far and I can tell you that the best arc so far has been the Orange Islands by far, entertaining, concise, Ash actually won the "league", best movie to go along with it. Season 1 had great parts but also really boring ones, and they're dragging Johto way the fuck out and it's becoming stale. I'm guessing it only gets worse from here on out, not sure how long I can last.
>>
>>28999220
The worst parts of Johto is the stretch between the third and fifth badge. After the Chuck battle, the quality picks up considerably.
>>
>>28997518
this is actually why it fucking sucks
because it follows the game
>>
>>28996986
No. It's just a complete waste of time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.