[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Pokemon: Origins we may see a much better explanation of how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: VWc0API.jpg (35KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
VWc0API.jpg
35KB, 634x356px
In Pokemon: Origins we may see a much better explanation of how Pokemon League gyms work. In the episode Red fights Brock, the latter asks him how many badges he already has, after Red makes it obvious he is a fresh rookie, Brock picks up two Pokemon out of many on set.

This means the leaders are already grand experts on the field, possibly picked from the elite of the League to represent a city of the region, so they accomodate to a suitable challenge of the people arriving to develop more and better trainers. Onix and Geodude are the ones fit for starters. You may remember in Gen II that once you arrive to Kanto and take the challenge of the gyms, all the leaders have very high leveled Pokemon on the team because you already champed the Indigo Plateau, so they do not need to hold back on you, hence why Brock has Kabutops, Omastar, and others instead.

The Pokémon games are played on the eyes of a specific trainer from a specific town, not everybody is born in Pallet Town, so maybe a rookie starting in Saffron City, for example, would be fighting against maybe one Abra and Drowzee of levels 9 and 12 respectively.

This is exactly why they are called gyms, they are designed to make better trainers from every corner of the region.
>>
Yes anon, everyone already knew that.
>>
Cool it only took you 20 years
>>
>>28995068
Good analysis OP!
>>
>>28995068
If that was true explain Badge 3/4 of DP
>>
>>28995068

I didn't know this. I think I'm retarded...
>>
>>28995068
Explain Johto's gym leaders where you are given the option of fighting Chuck/Jasmine/Prcye in any order
>>
>>28995142
There are four tiers of 0-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8.

Having 8 different tiers would be annoying as fuck for 6 Pokemon.
>>
Damm Op you should make a youtube channel and make a video about this, I would give it a like buddy!
>>
>>28995197
Shitty level scaling.
I always ended up doing Claire last anyway.
>>
>>28995068

I don't care

All I know is that Brock was basically Ichigo
>>
>>28995068
Whoa...
>>
>>28995197
Because Johto Gym Leaders are the Joke Leaders of PokeEarth
>>
>>28995068
>hence why
>>
>>28995201
So when I skip dewford in emerald and come back with 3 badges brawly should be stronger than if I JUST beat Roxanne?
>>
>>28995240
Yeah, except Mexican and Blind
>>
>>28995219
You have too though

>>28995201
Literal headcannons
>>
>>28995068
It took you what 2, 3 years to realize this? You must be literally fucking retarded, kill yourself.
>>
>>28995068
>grand experts picked from the elite of the League
Anyone can open a gym it's a free country in pokeland. But if you want to give out badges recognized by the league for entrance, you need to get certified by the league.
>>
>>28995257
Can you do that? I thought the MagmaAqua event in Slateport was only triggered after you got the badge
>>
>>28995272
>ask to explain part of headcanon theory
>get headcanon as response
What did you literally expect
>the XY guidebook points out this thing that literally never comes up in the linear JRPGs and hasn't ever been confirmed by any official source

>>28995257
If the game creators thought about that, yeah. But that was already taken out of ORAS, so it's a moot point.

>>28995322
Only in Original RSE. That was triggered by delivering the letter to steven and then the ship parts to slateport. None of that requires a badge.
>>
>>28995068
I never analized through this perspective (I just put that along with "why are there only three buildings in Pallet" in the "game's irrelevant restrictions" category)

Thanks for the insight, anon. While some people here argue this is obvious, you actually provided some evidence, I liked your text.
>>
File: 1473645051399.jpg (33KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
1473645051399.jpg
33KB, 400x438px
>>28995068

Are you seriously telling me that there are people who didn't know this? I mean, what, did you really think all you need is Level 12 Pidgey to be a Gym Leader?
What about the re-matches? How do they suddenly get a stronger team?
Did you all forgot Cheren altogether? The guy with a team that beat E4 was suddenly using a Lillipup for fucks sake.
It's been established that Gym Leaders' job is to just test trainers, not beat them. You didn't need Origins to prove this shit.
>>
After earning the first badge in BW2, Charen laments about how if he was allowed to use his real team, he could have easily won. So it seems that even in the game canon, gym leaders are restricted on what Pokémon they can use and/or how many.
>>
>>28995240
When it comes to Brock, I prefer Eric Stuart over Johnny Yong Bosch. That said, Bosch is tolerable and I can take him vs. Bill Rogers.
>>
>>28995068
pretty much, OP.

I think OP only pointed this out because there was no official statement about this that would make sense.
>>
>>28995907
>Charen laments about how if he was allowed to use his real team, he could have easily won

as if he ever used a different set of mons. I don't remember right now but think they were the same in the pokemon tournament and that was no gym business situation.
>>
>>28996134
1. He does use a completely different team in PWT.
2. You can use Memory Link to fight his old team.
>>
>>28996190
Shit, meant to reply to >>28996156
>>
>>28995068
thank you, op, /vp/ needs this
>>
File: KantoandJohto.jpg (105KB, 1023x411px) Image search: [Google]
KantoandJohto.jpg
105KB, 1023x411px
>>28995068
gym leaders are cool as fuck
>>
>>28997431
>>
>>28995068
Obviously. We even have two examples if this in Unova and Kanto, where the different gyms have different levels depending on your number of badges
>>
File: Gym_c748f3_1834778 (1).png (647KB, 1550x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Gym_c748f3_1834778 (1).png
647KB, 1550x1032px
>>28997444
>>
>>28995068
This is common knowledge, isn't it? That Ashes of the Past fic has been operating on this assumption for a year or two now.
>>
No shit, Koga from Fuschia City Gym in Kanto didn't just appear in the Johto Elite Four over the span of 3 years because of shitty game design.
>>
>>28997459
>Skyla and Lenora's tits
hnnng
>>
>>28997490
When Origins came out, /vp/ was flooded with people who realized it from that shot in the OP, I remember dozens of separate threads about it over the following week.
>>
>>28997687
Really? Wow. I only remember everyone loosing their minds over how good the Probopass Vs. Pikachu bit was.
>>
>>28997687
>>28997704
Ahhh, fuck. You said Origins. I was getting it confused with Generations.
>>
>>28995068
>An exact copypasta from imgur

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY
>>
>>28995068
Even before Origins it was pretty obvious this was the case. Gym Leader rematches for example.

I'm not sure why it's never explained in-game though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.