[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is better? I want to buy one and get comfy in preparation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: console_opinion_thread.png (1MB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
console_opinion_thread.png
1MB, 1920x1085px
Which one is better? I want to buy one and get comfy in preparation for Sun 'n' Moon.
>>
>start and select are actual buttons again
HOLY SHIT SIGN ME UP
>>
Unless you have tiny baby hands the xl is a lot more comfortable for an adult to use

Iirc there is a slight loss in resolution, but it isn't too noticeable when actually playing games, plus the bigger screen makes it so you dont have to strain your eyes as much
>>
I have new XL. bigger screen looks great, the speakers on the new models are $100%. I can never use my old ds ever again
>>
>>28980907
I have a 3DS XL, and I prefer the bigger screens. However, I have poor eyesight, and it's hard for me to see on the smaller screens, so maybe that's why I prefer the XL
>>
>>28980907
Size matters OP
>>
>>28980907
The xl is way better. And yes, its just because is bigger. The regular one is good only because of the interchangable plates. Then again, this is just my opinion, since i have the xl currently. You could still get either and you'll be good to go since theyre way better than a regular 3ds. Hope this helps...
>>
>>28980907
Once you go XL, you never go back
>>
File: Hp1nLm4.jpg (115KB, 912x456px) Image search: [Google]
Hp1nLm4.jpg
115KB, 912x456px
To the people with a New 3DS XL: Did you get cucked by a bad screen?

Nintendo uses two different types in the top screen, and you might have lost on the roulette and got screen cucked.
>>
>>28980907
Grabbed the smaller version
Build quality is significantly higher than my 3DS XL
From what I've seen the New 3DS XL has the same terrible build quality
I would get the XL if the screens actually were higher resolution and whatnot but they aren't so.. it doesn't really matter
I just went for the sturdy build with pretty interchangeable plates and super famicom buttons
>>
File: Brionne.gif (396KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
Brionne.gif
396KB, 299x299px
>>28980907
2DS is better.
>>
>>28980907
The XL is a bit top heavy and unbalanced not to mention everything is still stretched compared to the regular.
So unless you have giant mongoloid hands with sausage fingers go with the regular for just about better everything.
>>
Regular n3DS is nicer to look at and has better build quality with buttons that are firm and a top screen hinge that wobbles a lot less than XL. Plus the portability and customizability are two nice factors, and I personally love the SNES buttons.

Only problem is finding one with IPS displays as they are quite rare. I lucked out when I got mine a few months ago (Europe) and I know the 3D Land n3DSs in America have IPS displays.
>>
I've had a 3DS XL for a few years now, and I like it a lot. Nice big screen, comfy to hold, and I'm not paranoid it's going to snap in half like my old DS Lite.
>>
>>28980976
I have both models of the N3DS and I like how much sturdier the regular model feels compared to the XL. The joints feel kind of janky in the larger model like they have a hard time holding up the screen. Also the fact the regular model fits in a pocket is pretty nice. But having compared the two the resolution drop isn't that big a deal if you're worried about that. And the larger model is more comfortable for extended play sessions.
>>
>>28981028
As it happens I did not get cucked on my XL. Did get cucked on my normal model though.
>>
>>28981139
The first run of them did. All the new units are the shitty displays. I just accepted my lot with shit displays seeing as the only difference is poorer viewing angles and the blacks aren't quite as true. I can always pop it in my XL for the better screen.
>>
>>28980921
Where the fuck have you been? It's been that way since the 3DSXL
>>
It basically boils down to this:
N3DS has interchangeable face plates, slightly bigger screen then old 3ds, while having slightly less battery then the N3DS XL and being smaller for people with big hands.

N3DS XL has bigger screen, slightly longer battery time and shorter load times, while having a pretty heavy top screen and stretched pixels, since the res is stretched.
>>
>>28980907
XL for comfort
Standard for a non-stretched screen
Consider a 2ds if you have no interest in Xenoblade or pirated SNES games.
>>
>>28983243
Pirated SNES games?
>>
>>28983243
Xenoblade looks like ass on handheld though.
>>
>>28983263
You aren't seriously gonna pay for roms are you?
>>28984426
Now you know not to buy a n3ds!
>>
>>28984499
Obviously not, but can you play pirated roms on the 3DS? How so?
Can you download an emulator from the shop and play downloaded roms on your SD card, like on the phone?
Or is it through other modding tools?
Sorry, I just got a N3DS and I haven't got a chance to fiddle with it much, since it doesn't come with a charger.
>>
>>28980907
The XL easy. Unless you have really small girl hands.
>>
File: IMG_1068.png (117KB, 269x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.png
117KB, 269x299px
>>28981028
>tfw didn't even know I had an IPS screen
Thanks lad
>>
>>28984647
CFW
go on man. Be happy and play Sun&Moon for free before it's official launch
>>
>>28981028
I'm sorry, which one's the bad one? I never had an issue until I saw Reddit and /v/ bitching
>>
the non-XL one is better in almost every way imo
>>
>>28981028
Nope. Got one just a month ago and it has an IPS screen.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28984873
Type A (IPS) is better, even at non-extreme viewing angles you will have noticeably more saturated and less washed out colors than TN/Type B. Only advantage TN has over IPS is that it's it consumes slightly less battery and has slightly less pixel delay (= ghosting, but this is like a millisecond difference and won't matter in the long run).

Pic related is TN o3DS XL on the left and IPS n3DS on the right. As you can see the colors get extremely washed out on TN.
>>
What am I in for if I get the Sun/Moon 3DS XL?
>>
>>28985040
Problem is it's a total bitch to track down an IPS model
>>
>>28985040
So should I keep sending my tn screen in for a replacement till I get an IPS or is it something that ultimately doesn't really matter?
>>
>>28984647
Don't update, if you just got it then you are most likely 10.7 or below and that's what you need to go on your cfw journey.
>>
Baby hands here. I love the smaller size but ill have to move to an XL now since my eyes got worse. Id say go for the XL if bad sight runs in your family
>>
>>28985040
Sounds like i'd prefer a TN screen. Ill take more battery and no ghosting over viewing angles any day
>>
I'm looking to buy my wife a New 3DS along with Sun and Moon for her birthday. She has tiny hands so I think the regular one would be best.

What are my options for buying one? What bundles do they have?
>>
>>28985479
It only matters if you want it to matter. TN's are not bad, they just have slightly inferior colors.

I'd say it's like gaming on a 144hz monitor vs a 60hz - once you try the former you will have a hard time going back to the latter, even though the latter is by no means terrible. Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>28985785
Only bundle you're likely to find at a reasonable price is the super mario 3d land one.
>>
>>28981028
>>28981226
>>28985040
Does anyone know what the screens tend to be like on the new galaxy version? Seems like the nicest color to go with S&M and I had hoped for better chances in the quality roulette.
>>
>>28985934
Well I have an XL model with an IPS screen on top and I couldn't really tell a difference in colors on my omega ruby game between it and my TN normal model. the only time I was really seeing a difference was at extreme viewing angles and on the pure black home theme. At this point i feel like I'm just letting my autism bug me because I know there's a technically superior screen out there.
>>
>>28986064
It's kind of just luck of the draw. You might be able to find a forum to point you towards some serial number groups to look for but I don't know what they are off hand.
>>
File: 1475355024494.gif (96KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475355024494.gif
96KB, 355x200px
>>28983110
>and shorter load times
What? Isn't the N3DS suppose to have a much better CPU?

I know one thing OP, my 3DS XL fucking lags like a bitch playing Pokemon, now apparently the N3DS is also frame rate locked, so it would lag too, but maybe with CFW it'd be better in this respect.
>>
>>28980907
got my N3DS XL a year and a half ago and it's still responsive and well. gor the xl because regular fucks with big guy hands
>>
>>28986064
Looking around online its still luck unfortunately, you'd think by now Nintendo might have standardized production or something but its the same as it always has been. They probably have two different hardware suppliers.
>>
>>28980907
Just get an older XL and you'll be fine
>>
>>28985040
Oh nice, looks like I had a TN screen on my old 3DS and got an IPS on my current N3DS
>>
>>28984647
You can inject other SNES games into their official emulator.

I just hope GBA is next. The idea of GBA VC injects with sleep mode and save states gets my dick hard.
>>
spoiler: it's not actually necessary to get a new3DS, the original 3DS is a lot cheaper with 99% of the functionality
>>
>>28986650
Ambassador here. GBA games on the 3DS can't do save states.
>>
>>28986687
Does anything even use the extra buttons on the n3ds? I got one, and I'm happy with it overall, but I can't help but think I wasted money.
>>
>>28981193
I kind of wish I'd gotten a regular New 3DS. The XL makes worrying creaking sounds and weighs a ton.
>>
>>28987710
They're only useful if you play Monster Hunter, really.
>>
>>28982045
I think he meant that they aren't awkwardly positioned in the middle of the console anymore.
>>
The one that wont snap your right shoulder hing off from just opening the thing.
>>
I have enourmous hands and the regular 3DS isn't bad at all. Plus it fits in your pocket.
>>
I have an old non XL 3DS and the size is nice enough.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.