[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With how they're billing this as a separate story it almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1467136796807.gif (1MB, 376x226px) Image search: [Google]
1467136796807.gif
1MB, 376x226px
With how they're billing this as a separate story it almost makes me wonder if the SM Demo was created separate from the games and not everything will be revealed by datamining.

I mean, they also had the extra time compared to ORAS.

Then again, the ORAS Demo wasnt really anything related to the games either and still had info.
>>
>>28974721
The reason ORAS had data, and SM will likely as well, is because of metadata, I heard, it takes more effort to scrub that than it does to rip out the unused models and music. Might have been worth it if ORAS actually did poorly, but since I believe it did better than FRLG and HGSS, they may not actually care.
>>
File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243KB, 269x395px
>>28974721
post your face when Masuda-san told his programmers to include tons of fake dex information to fool all of the dirty gajin trying to datamine his game.
>>
>>28974780
So it's purely them not making effort?
>>
>>28974904
More that it might not be worth the effort.
>>
File: 1422831570138.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1422831570138.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>28974832
>Demo is filled with fake dex data
>People love it and get really dissapointed when the full games come out
or
>People hate it and don't buy the games at all

holy shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>28974832
I have no face because Masuda is nowhere as smart to do something like that. He's so stupid he thought people would be using Aegislash only physically and was surprised when he saw Aegi with Shadow Ball during VGC Worlds some time ago. The dumb fuck probably doesn't even know datamining is a thing. He probably doesn't even know injecting is a thing. Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>28974780
Alternatively, they could have made the SM demo alongside the main game, instead of just stripping down ORAS.
>>
>>28974904
Well, the only two choices are to spend a week cleaning up for a demo or a week of additional development time on the final game. Which would you do?
>>
>>28974904
There's always the danger that some random metadata that seems meaningless turns out to have been vitally important, so better not to mess with it.
>>
File: 1451942482913.png (193KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1451942482913.png
193KB, 512x384px
>>28975435
well, he did put in AZ's Floette
>>
File: you look young.jpg (29KB, 367x271px) Image search: [Google]
you look young.jpg
29KB, 367x271px
>>28975435
>>
>>28974721

>Demo lets you walk along Route 1
>Fight wild mons, fight a few trainers
>Ends with some trash Demo-only NPC encounter with some trash trainer with trash mons
>Ends with "COMING NOVEMBER 18TH"
>deletes itself from your system

Still better than the ORAS demo
>>
>>28975637
Jesus, what even was the ORAS demo?
>>
>>28975688

Nothing, pretty much.
>>
>>28975688

Two NPC battles and a daily trip to one of the mirage spots to maybe get a bonus item to transfer to the main game.
>>
>>28975317
I get that now.

>>28975463
This is what I think though. They just made a separate small demo aside from SM
>>
>>28974780
This.

If you've ever made a game, you'll understand some data can't be easily removed. Game Freak couldn't even add the ORAS megas to XY without suffering a massive patch because all the Pokemon were in the same file.

Once the demo drops we will know all sorts of things. I bet we will have all the new mons.
>>
I'd much much rather not have a demo at all if it means most of the game won't be leaked a month before release. Demos are never that great anyway so what's the point?
>>
>>28977856
I'd agree for ORAS, at least towards people who dislike leaks.
But a demo for SM makes much more sense, as it allows you to get a feel for all the new stuff, instead of just getting to test drive a few new megas.
>>
>>28977798
I agree. Especially since most people buying the game probably won't even know the demo was datamined, since they won't be following pokemon news as closely as people on here do. There is really no reason to waste man hours and as such, money scrubbing it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.