[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or the world map for Sun/Moon look really, really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1437781098281.jpg (119KB, 1024x946px) Image search: [Google]
1437781098281.jpg
119KB, 1024x946px
Is it just me or the world map for Sun/Moon look really, really small? I know there can always have more islands and post-game stuff and i'm actually expecting it, but i'm talking about all the maps we got for the "main campaign". You can see details and shit and they barely look big enough to cover the first 20 minutes of Unova for example

I'm not saying that more = better, i'd rather have a small but really fun and packed with stuff region, i'm just wondering about it
>>
We don't know how big each island will be. They might all have the exploitable area comparable to ORAS with plenty of water in between. That's unlikely, but possible.
>>
>>28971282
If you count all the pokemon centers on the map it's roughly the same as XY iirc

The map looks "small" because instead of showing a zoomed in version of one land mass they have to fit 4 of them and show them zoomed out.

If you look at the HD version of each island you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>28971318
>We don't know how big each island will be
You can guess based on the landmarks, like using house sizes as a metric. Unless everyone in Alola live in mansions, the towns are definitely pretty small in comparison with the rest of the series, and you can compare sizes from there
>>
>>28971335
Oh and I forgot to mention basically each pokemon center could be counted as a new town, because most towns only have one pokemon center.
>>
>>28971282
No, I agree.
After the dumbed-down world maps of Unova and Kalos, I'm pretty worried about Alola.

There don't seem to be many routes between towns, and I doubt that there's any sea routes either.
>>
>>28971282
dudes got a fire collection
>>
File: aloha.jpg (151KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
aloha.jpg
151KB, 1000x707px
>>28971337
Based on what exactly? You know the art isn't to scale in this.
>>
>basing the scale of the game on artwork when we've already seen that the overworld is huge in trailers
>>
>>28971282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4W758Z5x0
this may indicate something

Although, like the video says, all that extra size could just be the new graphical implications
>>
>>28971502
>calling someone dumb for using artwork as basis when you're basing yourself on fucking trailers
>>
>>28971515
when did I call someone dumb senpai?
also explain how basing the size of the region off of actually game play that we have seen make less sense than an artistic representation?
>>
>>28971511
Stop shilling your video. It's irrelevant to your point.
>>
>>28971560
you have no way of gauging the size of an area just by watching trailers. there are such things as selected camera angles, backdrop stuff that you never get to walk around and etcetera

>b-but it looks huge!

so did XY and half of the shit we saw couldn't even be visited in the finished product
>>
Second region.
>>
File: PjenVVj.jpg (810KB, 2560x1809px) Image search: [Google]
PjenVVj.jpg
810KB, 2560x1809px
It's not. Even if it's to scale it's not small.

If you actually count the potential routes and facilities (look at the bottom right island for example), you have a lot of potential areas.

Compare it to pic related, you can see all the houses and things on here as well. Hoenn is pretty packed but most of the water routes don't actually have much and the map is more "flat" with all the areas easy to discern.

Alola is a standard size in terms of actual locations and you can probably travel the island all around the cliffs and things(see bottom right island, cliffy area on the east side), unlike Hoenn which is more of a "flat" map.

Size alone isn't everything anyway. Remember how big Kalos seemed up to Gym 3? And then you just zoom through the rest of the game?
If the map is packed you could actually spend a huge amount of time on each island. It's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>28971337
Compared to the size of the mountains things seem pretty large
>>
>>28971480

I'm fairly certain the art is exactly to scale as in the HD photos. People have compared the ingame photos to the HD overworld shots and they match 1-to-1.

There are much larger photos than the one you posted, not sure if anyone has it.
>>
>>28971282
there was another thread here where they had dug up the file size for sun&moon, it's practically double the size of X&Y, i'm not too worried
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.