[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about Looker that has made him reappear so much since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: UDehIM3-.jpg (122KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
UDehIM3-.jpg
122KB, 1252x1252px
What is it about Looker that has made him reappear so much since his debut, where most characters never show up outside their debut game (besides remakes)? And do you think he'll be in SM?
>>
Where is Cooker ?
>>
>>28966629
>What is it about Looker that has made him reappear so much since his debut
He is an attractive man, and has the memetic potential of poké-Chris Hansen
>>
Because he's handsome and he's a detective
>>
>>28966629
He's a hot older guy. He's the kind a guy I'd let handcuff me. If you know what I mean.
>>
File: EMMA IS PURE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.png (569KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
EMMA IS PURE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.png
569KB, 1360x768px
>>
>>28966666
>>
He's the franchise's Dr. Who.
>>
>>28966629
Nothing in particular. He's appeared 4 times. So has Cynthia.
>>
Why do people consider him attractive?

>>28966668
If his attractiveness was a factor why has Byron not appeared a second time?
>>
>>28966933
>Sinoh has the most reappearing characters behind Kanto
Feels good to be a Sinnohfag
>>
>>28967002
too hobo
>>
They decided they'd create a new recurring character back then and committed to it
>>
>>28966933
Are you counting DP and Platinum separately? I can only think Cynthia showing up of three times unless you are.
>>
>>28967002
>Why do people consider him attractive?
People made the connections (coincidences) to the Tenth Doctor, so now it's sort of universally headcanon that he looks like David Tennant

Plus he has a subplot about him adopting an orphan girl in X/Y, which was adorable and lovable, so he became everybodies husbando/daddyfu
>>
>>28967050
Cynthia;

>DPPt
>HG/SS
>B/W
>B2/W2
>>
>>28966629
Why did Game Freak choose this goofy dork to make so many appearances? They could have picked someone interesting like Silver instead.
>>
>>28967107
Is this bait?
>>
>>28967077
>>HG/SS
Completely forgot about that.
>>
who's the character with more appearances? oak? giovanni?
>>
>>28966629
He's an Interpol agent that picks up the pieces.

Just because you don't see law enforcement and agents of the League actively pursuing or reporting these organizations doesn't they aren't working.
>>
>>28967125
I'd wager Oak, but that's just without actually looking.
>>
>>28967125
If we're not counting remakes and spinoffs Looker and Cynthia may have actually appeared more than anyone.

Oak's in:
>RBYFRLG
>GSCHGSS
>DPP (for Shaymin event)

Three as opposed to their four.
>>
>>28966629
Because he's a real looker.
>>
>>28967125
Here are some of the most recurring characters, off the top of my head:

Red:
>Gen 1,
>Gen 2,
>PWT,

Giovanni:
>Gen 1,
>Gen 2,
>PWT,

Looker:
>Gen 4,
>B/W,
>X/Y,
>OR/AS,
>Gen 1 Via Generations
(Was he in B2/W2?)

Cynthia:
>Gen 4,
>HG/SS,
>B/W,
>B2/W2
>PWT

Crasher Wake:
>Gen 4,
>HG/SS,
>B/W
>PWT

Steven Stone:
>Gen 3
>HG/SS
>PWT

Jasmine:
>Gen 2
>Gen 4
>PWT

Oak:
>Gen 1
>Gen 2
>Gen 4
(Can't remember if he was in 3 or 5, but he wasn't in 6)

Colress:
>B2/W2
>X/Y (Mentioned as being there, and in concept, but not directly seen in the final game)
>Sun/Moon
>>
>>28966803
Best post.
>>
>>28967250
I wouldn't count mentions and Generations, and you counted Cynthia twice in BW2 (why count the PWT as separate, it's the same game).

But even without counting those Looker and Cynthia seem to show up the most. And, bizarrely, Wake.
>>
>>28967107
Are you literally 14?
>>
>>28967250
oak gets mentioned in emerald iirc (by the lady that replaces bill) but he never appears
>>
>>28967125
Oak has RBY, GSC, FRLG, DPPt and HGSS
Giovanni has RBY, FRLG, HGSS and BW2
>>
>>28967250
>Oak
>not in Sun/Moon

don't believe the cousin excuse its just him with a wig
>>
>>28967284
>I wouldn't count mentions and Generations
The Colress mention was a stretch I agree. I do however think Looker being inserted into the Gen 1 story is noteworthy, especially because there IS an NPC in Gen 1 who claims to be International Police.

>you counted Cynthia twice in BW2 (why count the PWT as separate, it's the same game).
Whoops, you're right, noticed that after I posted it

>But even without counting those Looker and Cynthia seem to show up the most.
>And, bizarrely, Wake.
I think someone at Game Freak must have had a crush on him or something, because for a few years, they kept slipping him in every game, along with Cynthia.
>>
>>28967250
>Forgetting Caitlin
You're literally scum.

>HG/SS
>Pt
>BW
>BW2
>>
Maylene was in HGSS.
>>
>>28967118
No.

>>28967290
Are you literally retarded?

Silver is objectively the most and subjectively the best developed character in the main series games.
>>
>>28967389
Yes, fattening up for when her and Candice have lesbian sex buried under 4ft of snow
>>
>>28966803
Sauce on those pics my friend
>>
>>28967361
I didn't forget her anon, I swear. I forgot to write her down, but I did think of her.
>>
>>28967408
Nah bro, he just Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>28967408
Okay. It's bait.
>>
>>28967408
>Silver is objectively the most and subjectively the best developed character in the main series games.
>what are your friends in X/Y
>>
File: Trump (3).jpg (48KB, 636x382px) Image search: [Google]
Trump (3).jpg
48KB, 636x382px
>>28967408
>Silver is objectively the most and subjectively the best developed character in the main series games.
Look, bro, I love Silver, and I agree, but Looker, Cynthia, Elesa, Roxie, N, Cheren, Bianca, Giovanni and Wally all had pretty compelling developments too, and it's completely understandable for people to prefer them.
>>
>>28967409
Is this a bait?
Everyone knows Maylene, along with Candice and Gardenia, only have foursomes with Lucas, and the one Lucas loves the most and has one-on-one sex with is Dawn.
That's fucking canon.
>>
>>28967480
Fuck off, breeder.
>>
>>28967463
>Giovanni
i love Giovanni and i prefer team rocket as villains than all the over the top stuff that followed, but what character development he had? he was the crime boss that was stopped, then retired, tried again, got stopped again, then retired again and now just goes around fighting tournaments

he never changed

unless you're counting generations but that's stupid
>>
>>28967498
Who?
>>
>>28967525
Well I was also thinking about his relationship with his Silver, but that is admittedly more in Silver's favor than Giovanni.

There's also Origins, which I think is noteworthy, giving him a little bit of a backstory, just to show he was once a kid as carefree and innocent as Red.

Other than that, he never really needed to be anything more than an asshole mob boss
>>
>>28967525
Yellow ties up nicely with Origins to show some backstory without being all over you face

You never wondered why he kept that goddamn persian, even on his ground themed gym?
>>
>>28966629
as a globetrotting detective not linked to any individual region in the way a player character is, he has the most reason, resources, and motive to keep showing up. that's what I think, anyway.
>>
File: Zenigata.Kouichi.full.1448165.jpg (364KB, 1020x850px) Image search: [Google]
Zenigata.Kouichi.full.1448165.jpg
364KB, 1020x850px
Because everyone loves the detective type character.
>>
>>28967608
>You never wondered why he kept that goddamn persian, even on his ground themed gym?
Because Yellow Version was a tribute to the anime you nonce, it's not canon.
>>
>>28967463
Most of these characters hardly have any development. I'll give you Wally (as miniscule as it is), but a character like Cynthia or Elesa who just appears to guide you along the story with some one-dimensional dialogue or be a postgame superboss are not developed.

Meanwhile Silver has the HG/SS Celebi event that set ups his motivations and explains why he became the person he was, has interactions with Lance that cause him to question his outlook on Pokemon while spending time visibly in denial and confusion, until he finally learns to be a better person towards the end of the game.

They really knocked it out of the park by not only showing his change of heart through dialogue, but also game mechanics. His Golbat, which had been a Gobat since the battle in Goldenrod tunnel, has evolved into a Crobat in the final battle against him (requires high happiness) and in Dragon's Den he has his starter Pokemon walking with him for the first time.

It's also pretty neat that his relationship with Giovanni was hinted at in FR/LG.
>>
>>28967121
It's a one time event, so might or might not count
>>
File: 1409085906339.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409085906339.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>28967730
And why Giovanni had a Persian in the anime you dingus

>b-but anime is not canon to the games

Ash Greninja begs to differ
>>
>>28967742
>(as miniscule as it is)
Literally develops more than Silver does who makes a complete 180 at the end rather than a smooth progression of acceptance
>>
>>28967742
>It's also pretty neat that his relationship with Giovanni was hinted at in FR/LG.
i dont really remember this, what was it?
>>
File: Ollivine City (1).png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ollivine City (1).png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>28967742
>Silver
Speaks for itself, he develops across HG/SS

>Looker
Chronologically, he is first seen washed up in OR/AS with amnesia. He got his life back on track, growing from a semi-goofy detective in Gen 4, to a legitimate and successful one in Gen 5, and culminating with him taking in a helpless orphan girl in X/Y.

>Cynthia
Ok, she admittedly doesn't develop much, outside of some reflecting on past events in Gen 5.

>Elesa
Elesa has a identity-crisis subplot in B2/W2, where she struggles to meet expectations, and wants to do things she likes. It was minute, but interesting.

I'll also add Jasmine, and her subplot where she is nervous and scared to follow her dreams, confessing her desire to participate in contests to Erika. Then in Sinnoh, you find her nervously going through with her dreams in Sunnyshore, before participating in contests. When she returns to Johto, you can find her, her anxiety is completely gone now.
>>
>>28967742
>They really knocked it out of the park by not only showing his change of heart through dialogue
You what? He doesn't change his tune until the Dragon's Den in the post game and then you meet him two more times after that where he pretty much just goes
>So I've decided to treat my pokemon better!
Without actually having any real development.
>>
File: B2W2 Concept Art.png (2MB, 1280x1676px) Image search: [Google]
B2W2 Concept Art.png
2MB, 1280x1676px
>>28967742

>Roxie
She was introduced as a typically rebellious young girl, but as you interact with her and her father, you see her becoming increasingly mature, and her father is actually in the wrong. Interesting twist on things. When you interact with her later in the game, a lot of her dialogue is about being yourself, but still being smart and responsible, contrary to her introduction in the game, and the punk rock stereotype. It's rare for Game Freak to break stereotype conventions in their characters, because those are easy archetypes for kids to understand. So I always liked this little development/subplot.

>N
Speaks for itself honestly, he is second-most developed after Silver. Manipulated, pampered, righteous, but good-hearted, and the is he/isn't he a Zoroak subplot is somewhat poetic.

>Cheren and Bianca
These characters both started out very naive at the start of their journeys, but both grow and mature as the game progresses. Seeing them become successful in the PokéWorld n B2/W2 was the cherry on top.

>Wally
Starts weak, gits gud, sort of feels like you're nurturing a younger family member into getting gud at Pokémon.

So I agree that Silver got the most time and attention to develop, ESPECIALLY in HG/SS which added tons more in the Post-Game. But there's still plenty of well-thought out subplots in the games that are notable, and IMO it's very reasonable to think to some people may personally prefer some of the alternatives.

>>28967901
The anime pre-dates Yellow, genius. Why do you think Jessie and James cameo in Yellow?

>Ash-Greninja means the anime is canon
No. There are a billion character and timeline inconsistencies stemmed from the fact that the anime is simply an adaptation. Not to mention all the explicit character counterparts. For example, Iris, and Blue/Gary.

Ash-Greninja is yet to have an explanation in the games. Even if it's explained that Ash-Greninja came from a boy called Ash, it wouldn't be the same Ash from the anime.
>>
>>28968000
Someone in FR/LG mentions Giovanni having a red-headed son.

At the time, it was likely just a nod to the fan theories, or the Manga.

But HG/SS ran with it and made it explicitly canon in the games that Silver is in fact Giovanni's son. Pretty neat.
>>
>>28967981
No he doesn't. Like I said, he spends time in denial and confusion, as seen in his Rocket hideout and Victory Road dialogue.

>>28968000
Someone in the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island says that Giovanni's kid has red hair.
>>
>>28966668
Isn't his jp name literally Handsome?
>>
File: wake.gif (26KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wake.gif
26KB, 200x200px
>>28967250

Looker isn't in BW2, but Wake is.

Not talking about PWT either, he's just on a cliffside on Route 18
>>
>>28968161
>or the Manga
He wasn't Gio's kid there until the FRLG arc, the manga got it from the game's red hair comment.
>>
>>28968402
Oh I see, neat
>>
>>28967432
>friends in x&y

Are you japing me?
>>
>>28967742
This just how any character develops. Look at Cheren for example.
He started out like any other trainer, wanting to become the champion. After hearing what Alder had to say, he was clearly confused and later tried to deny it. Towards the end, he find a reason for fighting, and ends up becoming strong, but he give up on becoming the Champion and instead because a Teacher,
>>
>>28968545
Just to be clear, not undermining Silver's development. He's my second favorite rival and one of the best character in Pokemon. Just saying that he isn't that special. That thing with Golbat and Pokemon following him does earn him a lot of points though.
>>
>>28968596
They reused the Golbat thing again with other characters actually. Cyrus comes to mind, but I think they did it again with another "soft" villain.
>>
Japan likes him and GF panders to them.

Not that I mind, I love him too. I was hoping his talk about having no Pokemon in X/Y would mean he'd let me give him a team of killers.
>>
Hope Not
>>
>>28968617
That might be Cyrus' bat liking him, or him stealing a Crobat which makes him even more of a dick.
>>
N easily has the most character development.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.