[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XY and ORAS may have sucked, but let's be honest: Gen 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 8ac7895a.jpg (449KB, 639x852px) Image search: [Google]
8ac7895a.jpg
449KB, 639x852px
XY and ORAS may have sucked, but let's be honest: Gen 6 was excellent otherwise. The anime was quite good, TCG is pretty much at its best, great merchandise like Nendoroid Red and other game-based figures were previously unprecedented, plus some pretty interesting developments in the lore. Not to mention we haven't had such good spin-offs since Gen 3.

In general, the fanbase has also grown in size and strength. Yes, 2015 was death to go through, but the whole Z blue-balling was for the best, frankly. I'm really excited for November.
>>
>>28962540
ORAS was better than XY by a mile. Sure, it lacked muh battle frontier, but it still was a better game.
>>
>>28962540
I don't know about the anime or tcg but I like most of the new Pokemon and mechanics introduced in gen 6. It's a pity the games themselves sucked.
>>
I liked the online battle scene in the whole gen.
>>
>>28962540
They figured out how to market Pokémon properly to all demographics. Let's hope they improve the games with the same zeal.

Megas were still a misstep though
>>
>fanbase growing in size
>good
>the anime
Kill yourself.
>>
>>28962540
>Ashnime
>merchandise
>TCG
Who the fuck gives a shit.
Gen VI was garbage and a disgrace.
>>
>>28962540
I think that gen 6 was like an aborted gen 4, gen 4 was complete fucking garbage until Platinum and HGSS saved it. ORAS just came in to patch the holes in the dex that XY left and introduce all of the megas that weren't finished in time for XY.

Gen 6 was a transitional gen that was mostly there to make big changes to the fundamentals, adding the fairy type, making the inevitable leap to 3d and improving the online functionality. That's where the resources went.
>>
>>28963003
>implying having more people who enjoy the franchise is bad
>>
>>28962540
>Not to mention we haven't had such good spin-offs since Gen 3.
Gen 4 had the best spin-offs, though.
>>
>>28963055
TCG is the domain of the real masters, kid
>>
>>28962564
This. Gets too much hate but it doesn't deserve much praise
>>
>>28962540
Ironically it felt like the contrast in Gen 5
>>
>>28962540
gameplay wise gen6 destroyed every gen so far.

>better breeding
>Male Mons can pass HA
>easiest EV train
>battle/trade anywhere
>legendaires/events have 3*31 ivs

Kalos was also a fucking awesome region, design wise and location wise. It mostly sucked because of linearity of the routes and the lack of exploration.

I think GF is aware how bad these games sold and were. They probably wanted way more features in it but they needed to release it asap. Now with SM they will make good what they didn´t could in Gen 6, that´s why Z became Sun Moon.
>>
>>28962540
>the games sucked but the gen of games was excellent
>>
>>28962540
I liked both games despite what little they offered.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.