[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not being tech savvy, but does this have any real significance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 3niggabites.png (738KB, 2560x676px) Image search: [Google]
3niggabites.png
738KB, 2560x676px
Not being tech savvy, but does this have any real significance? XY and ORAS were 1.8 or something gigs, so could these games have a fuckton of content?
>>
Pretty much what it's looking like. One thing to remember though is that they have to add in all the models for the new Pokemon, and that they're using close to full-sized 3D models for most characters now which would (I imagine) take up quite a bit more space on its own. But I do believe that S/M will be super content rich regardless.
>>
>>28962184
The grafix seems to have improvede, there's models for all trainer, plus the new pokémon. Still it doesn't explain almost doubling in size from ORAS, so either SM is full of content or GF can't into saving space now that Iwata is kill
>>
Yeah that pretty much means double the content, whether that content is models, tracks, areas, etc is left to be seen.
Reason to get hyped, though.
>>
>>28962184
Graphics have improved, and while that contributes, I don't think that's the entire reason its so much bigger.
Could mean more new pokemon than the pessimists say, maybe more trainer classes, more areas, or a combination of the above.
>>
>it has double of the content because it has double of the size!

Please just stop breathing, /vp/
>>
File: 1475627122721.png (552KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
1475627122721.png
552KB, 600x823px
>>28962248
Seems likely. There's no way in hell all of that alone adds up to 3.2gb. There's probably more in store for us than we think.
>>
>>28962272
>There's no way in hell all of that alone adds up to 3.2gb

How fucking tech-ignorant can you be

Take ORAS as an example: pick the game as it is right now and just replace all the chibi models with proper, 3D models. the game would easily reach around 2.5gb without adding a single pixel of new content.
>>
File: dallas come with me.png (224KB, 372x568px) Image search: [Google]
dallas come with me.png
224KB, 372x568px
>>28962215
you can have new animations, models, and particle effects that replace old ones and maybe go up like .4 gigs, maybe .3. New Pokémon and models, that aren't replacing old ones, can go upwards to 18 mega bytes. Example: Groudon in its entirity is just 5 MB. They can't just shove a bunch of Pokémon in there to fill space. There has to be more content than that.
And new moves and such with their particle effects are barely kilobytes (model based ones might be a megabyte each though).
>>28962272
Can confirm this as a game dev. I work at Overkill abroad and also work as a sound director and voice director. This shit is so miniscule that the only big thing that makes it 3.2 gigs is a bunch of stuff. Battle Frontier or World Tournament? Both? Who knows.
>>
>>28962184
Donkey Kong Country Returns and RE Revelations are the highest sized 3DS games per byte and they are both fucking dogshit

Size literally does not matter you imbeciles
>>
>>28962381
not only you're a liar, you chose the most incompetent team around to pretend you work for. even if your pathetic bravado were true your opinion would be immediately discarded because overkill is goddamn retarded and can't do anything properly.

how can you fail so much in such a short post?
>>
>>28962381
>new models are so small in size you won't even notice the difference!
>battle frontier is the only reason why it could be 2gb bigger!

are you retarded
>>
Maybe, Iwata always helped with compression tools for all Pokemon's games :(
>>
The increase in size is probably due to the fact that the overworld's graphics are no longer DS-tier.
>>
>>28962500
Are you? He offered it as a possible thing, but not the final reasoning.

And he's right. It's likely due to content and not graphics. SM's graphics aren't that much better.
>>
Half the size comes from Alolan Exeggutor
>>
>>28964566
However, with the way that compression works, Alolan Executor's neck would just be stored as recursion. E.g. copy neck once, paste neck x1000000
>>
Wouldn't the Festival Plaza and Poké Pelago take up quite a bit of room?
>>
How many blocks of space on the 3ds does 3.2 gigs equate to?
>>
>>28962213
Individual models don't take up that much space. Compare XY's file size to ORAS, where ORAS added a bunch of new megas and a couple of different forms.
>>
>>28967952
Nevermind, I'm retarded
>>
Gamefreak is literally so bad at using data efficiently that Iwata developed cancer and died when he had to fit Gold & Silver onto a Gameboy cartridge
>>
>>28968011
SO EDGY BRO!!! xD
>>
>>28968034
I prefer his post over yours tho
>>
>>28962385
Both have quite a number of video files, that's there their size comes from.
DK is great and I didn't play enough of RE to make a judgement.
>>
Alola 2 GB
Kanto postgame 1.2
>>
>>28968097
>yfw the scene of Tapu Koko fighting the Ultra Beasts took up a big chunk of the data
>>
>>28962184
It could mean anything, but fans are pre-emptively banking on content.
>>
>>28968179
>Kanto postgame
No thank you.
>>
>>28962184
Kalos postgame
>>
>>28962184
it means cutscenes
or maybe if were REALLY lucky it means more animations
but thats about it, quality of most other content isnt determined by filesize
>>
>>28968288
yeah it's either kanto or kalos, I don't think anything else would make sense if they really are including another region
>>
>>28968288
If there's a region post game it'll be Kanto for the anniversary.

I don't want one though. Last time we had two regions both of them were empty and the level scaling was horrible.
>>
It's because the overworld has more complex shapes than square everything like XYORAS
>>
no postgame in the sense of Kalos/Kanto whatever, only postgame is the "Ultra Dimension" that will be explorable albeit limited by using the Aether Suit.
Screencap this
>>
>>28962254
That's literally what that means. It's not double the GAMEPLAY, but it very much is double the content.
>>
Desolate Sinnoh Post-Game with nothing but wild Pokemon and roaming Legendary Pokemon

GF: "There, there's your goddamned Sinnoh remake, faggots"
>>
>>28968660
That would be something really cool.
>>
>>28962184
It really just means a whole lot of models and textures, as 1GB of OR/AS is literally just the mons themselves, 4 gigs uncompressed. A good amount might be music, but I know about the number of tracks already. It's probably a mixture of both, honestly. Seeing the amount of customization in clothes, which by the way would have a set of textures on about half to a megabyte each, plus all the battle/SMoverworld models being just that instead of XY/OR AS .mm minimodels + mugshot would inflate the size greatly. There are mugshot in S/M by the looks of it, I know.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.