[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sun and Moon almost 2x the download size of X and Y THIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: black-man-yelling-into-phone2.jpg (54KB, 554x334px) Image search: [Google]
black-man-yelling-into-phone2.jpg
54KB, 554x334px
>Sun and Moon almost 2x the download size of X and Y
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
CHECK SEREBII
>>
I'm not checking but NICE if true, though pretty expected, there looks to be a lot more going on in SM, plus new mons in addition to the old.
>>
>>28959074
Even when considering all trainers have models, that wouldn't explain almost literally doubling in size.
>>
>>28959074
>buying digital
pleb
>>
>>28959074
Holy shit, OP is actually telling the truth. It's 3.2GB.
>>
>>28959120
Which is only .2 GB off from being literally double, mind you.

Unless we have a metric fuck ton of trainer classes, we either have a good amount of new pokemon, or a rather large overworld. either one sounds good to me.
>>
>>28959141
>we either have a good amount of new pokemon, or a rather large overworld.
Both
>>
>>28959160
I actually do agree, but I'm making an honest attempt at keeping my hype levels in check so I'm not disappointed due to expecting too much.
it gets harder with each passing information drop.
>>
>>28959116
The size is probably because the games aren't using chibi models anymore, even im the overworld
>>
>>28959177
That still wouldn't literally double it, since they appear to just use the battle models in the overworld now.
Because remember there was still 721 pokemon in XY, plus megas, plus formes, plus shinies for all that. a few extra trainer models wouldn't even come close to doubling that.
>>
who the fuck cares about the size?? If you buy digital then you're instantly a retard and should go back to redit
>>
>>28959177
It's definitely this, with the addition of new Pokémon and animations that come with Z Moves and Pokemon Refresh, maybe music too. If the games kept the chibi style of Gen 6 I'd probably be more speculative about post game content
>>
>>28959208
Size matters because that gives an idea of how much is in the actual game.

If it was only a little higher, like say 2.3 GB or something, that could be written off to just trainer models increasing in size and slightly better looking overworld
But nearly literally doubling? that likely means either a decent number of new pokemon, a larger overworld, or both.
>>
File: 1457829040988.jpg (49KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1457829040988.jpg
49KB, 680x510px
>>28959208
>>
>>28959235
you can literally see that they used a different engine for this one, fuck off retard
>>
>>28959208
People care about the filesize because there has to be something taking up all that extra space, and they're hoping that something is something good.
>>
File: y-valant-damage.gif (188KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
y-valant-damage.gif
188KB, 256x192px
>>28959074

ALAKAZOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGG
>>
>>28959269
What did anything I say have to do with engine? I just said that it'd certainly be bigger, but not this big, if it was just the graphical increase. I never implied anywhere it was or was not a new engine.
>>
Just get a bigger size SD card if you're gonna download the full game.
>>
>>28959074

Wouldn't it be bigger because there are hell of a lot more models for the new pokemon, forms, Z-moves, trainers are no longer artwork in battles but models, the new battle system etc.
Then there's also the new Festival Plaza, Pelago, etc.

The size doesn't necessarily mean a bigger/longer game.
>>
>>28959269
Anon, engine did not change, just models of humans
>>
>>28959208
>he doesn't pirate games with his hacked 3ds
>>
>>28959296
I think the point is it may be an indicator of how many new pokemon (or possibly how many different trainer models) we're getting.

If we were just getting 70 like last time, I'd expect the size increase to be lower.
>>
>>28959235
Or, if we wanna go full blown conspiracy theorist, they made it bigger so it's harder to pirate.

Yes this sounds retarded so i fully expect somebody to do it one day.
>>
>>28959202
I really don't think the battle models will be used for the overworld, aside from maybe Solgaleo and Lunala in cutscenes. SM's graphics are much, much more proportional than ever, but there's still a slight chibi stylization. For example, the Pokeride Charizard. Definitely a little cuter than his battle model.
>>
>>28959299
They mentioned in a video they used a new engine.
>>
>It just get bigger
>>
>>28959330
Source
>>
>>28959361
>breastfeed me mummy
neo /vp/ guys
>>
>>28959430
>pulling shit out of your ass and not backing it up
leave
>>
>>28959074
Yeah, that's what happens when you use real models instead of low-poly chibi shit.
>>
>>28959467
are you too retarded to use google?

neo /vp/ everyone
>>
>>28959513
>I'm going to make the claims but you have to find the information to back up my claims because I can't do it myself
>No, I'm not making bullshit up and pulling retarded shit out of my ass, you're just too stupid :^)
leave
>>
>>28959536
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/23/pokemon-sun-moon-developers-interviewed/
>>
>>28959536
>hes too retarded to use google
your mother was right, you're a failure
>>
>>28959430
>>28959513
>>28959659

Backing up your claims isn't spoonfeeding faggot.

And 'neo/vp/', seriously?
This place isn't even that old, and its always been shit.
>>
>>28959659
>ecks dee ur mum m7+1
I don't know what's worse, you thinking you're in the right here or you thinking that other people actually have to back up your claims for you.
>>
>>28959659
I know its "4chan culture" to not spoonfeed, but generally you should actually provide sources for your argument instead of demanding other people do it for you.
>>
Double region
>>
Just enough room to fit Kanto and the Battle Frontier
>>
>>28959074
Jesus, his eyebrows are so thick.
>>
>>28959865
>Kanto
Stop this retarded meme
>>
That meanw way more cobweb
>>
>>28959865
and pikablu
>>
What if they just took the XY cartridge, Created a new folder and put all the assets from SuMo in that folder and just didnt delete any of the XY assets?
>>
>>28959893
that would be so hilariously incompetent It'd almost make up for the stupidity.
>>
>>28959208
I guess I'm a retard. Why is buying digital a bad thing?
>>
>>28959903
Because there is no value in it. At least the value of physical video games will appreciate over time. When you buy digital you're just purchasing a license to download a game from Nintendo's servers. You might as well just pirate at that point.
>>
>>28959872
It's not only his eyebrows anon ;^)
>>
>>28959919
I don't sell my games, I play them. Why would I care about their value? Buying digital means I don't need to swap carts all the time, don't need to worry about storing them, or them getting lost or damaged, or just not working like my copy of persona q. Seems like an easy choice to me.
>>
>>28960005
will you play your games forever? when you're married? when you need money to pay hospital bills? think ahead anon. Nothing lasts forever.
>>
>>28960005
It means you actually paid money for something not different in any way for something you could have gotten for free.
>>
>>28959074
I mean did you not expect all those polygons to bloat the game?
>>
>>28960005
>not buying physical media and then making digital backups for convenience purposes

Best of both worlds desu
>>
>>28960025

You can still sell the console with the games on it for extra...
>>
>>28960073
>market for Console with preloaded games =small
>market for games themselves=near infinite

i dont know if youre fucking retarded or what
>>
I think you guys are forgetting some rather significant fluff features - refresh and the new camera feature.

Both are going to have a ridiculous number of animations, and when they are added to what we already know, they could easily explain the bulk of that extra space.
>>
>>28959235
>Size matters because that gives an idea of how much is in the actual game
Except it doesn't. The smallest non-compressed MH3 iso is 2.7 GB, the game has 18 big monsters. Freedom Unite smallest non-compressed iso is 800 MB and has over 50 while also having triple the amount of maps and FMVs.
>>
>>28960025
I'm financially stable, thanks. I don't think it's a great idea to rely on selling video games to support yourself unless you're planning on building a business out of it.
>>28960033
You could say the same of most things, right? Shoplifting is easy but I don't do it because I'm not so poor that I need to. I have no problem with Nintendo getting paid. It's less hassle to buy it. I don't mind paying a 40 dollar convenience fee.
>>
>>28959865
>Kanto
NEVER EVER.
>>
could it just be FMV bloat? since pokemon is turning more and more into an actual JRPG I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few videos
>>
File: 1475371373183.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475371373183.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>28959430
>>28959513
>>28959659
>backing up your claims is "spoonfeeding", and people should find sources themselves
>>
>>28960219
literally newfaggotry, end yourlife asap
>>
>>28959116
Don't forget the extra changes to give us a more immersive day and night experience.
>>
>>28959074
So? I have a 64gb sd card
>>
What if sun and moon are each just pokemon x and pokemon y in the same file with different art?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.