[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think sun and moon will be the only gen 7 games and they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1094.png (173KB, 1452x1327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1094.png
173KB, 1452x1327px
Masuda has been talking about how he wants to suprise players. Mabye gen 8 will come next year. Mabye masuda wasn't working on SM because he is working on gen 8.
>>
>>28957344
No. I cannot imagine this gen only being SuMo. We've got to get a SuMo 2 or dusk or something.
>>
>>28957344
>thinking that Gen VIII would come after just a year
Anon, don't be so daft.
>>
Agreed with the SM will be the only Gen 7 games part.

Disagreed with the "next year" part. Next year will be a gap year and the year after will be Gen 8 for NX.

Even though SM is a new gen game it feels sort of like a fusion between a new gen game and the "sequel/third version" games like BW2 with the Zygarde and Z shit they put it in it. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the only games of its gen. Especially if the BF rumor is true.
>>
>>28957573
>bf rumor
????
>>
>>28957344
I'll hold final judgement until the game comes out.
On one hand, I would be surprised if GF only put a single entry out for a generation
On the other, we're seeing an awfully large amount of content, an amount unusual for first entry games.
Once the game releases, we'll see how much content it actually has.
>>
>>28957601
The Riddler posted a picture of Anabel.
His riddles are known for being simple and we largely just over think it.
That's why all the fake rumors have suddenly started to mention the Battle Frontier
>>
>>28957508
Well I mean, not like we got XY2 or Z, right?
>>
>>28957344
But I don't want Masuda back.
>>
>>28957344
All gens have a 3-4 year gap between each other, we ain't seeing gen VIII until 2019. I don't think we're gonna get a DP remake just yet (all remakes so far are two console apart from the original game) but gf has to milk gen VII in some way, so a third chapter/sequel seems likely. Gen VI didn't have a third chapter but at the very least had ORAS to get some more extra cash
>>
>>28957760
But they are breaking patterns now. They wouldn't wait that long for gen 8. I can see late 2017/early 2018
>>
>>28957647
We got ORAS.
The point is it's very unlikely Gen VII will see only one release.

Gen V came out very late, more late than Gen VII is, and even then it got a second game.
>>
>>28957665
Same. I will always have fond memories of previous titles, but the series is really looking up without his involvement

Also lol at anyone still thinking there is a pattern to anything in the series past gen 4. We had two generations on the DS AND a fucking SEQUEL version to a game. There are no patterns in development any longer, stop kidding yourselves
>>
>>28957814
No anon. You're talking a whole new gen next year. It's too early even for GF's more fequent release. Another game taking place in Alola with NX compatibility or a remake is still more likely. Even having no new game in 2017 is more likely than Gen VIII already.

Gen VIII is mid to late 2018 at the earliest.

Also, people keep talking so much about how the 3DS is dead due to the NX, but that console hasn't even been unveiled yet. It's not coming until late 2017.
>>
Nope. A generation wouldn't last only one year, it doesn't make sense business wise.
>>
>>28957905
One thing is arbitrary patterns, another is developing times. While I don't think we'll get a DP remake until gen 8 precisely because of patterns, I won't exclude it outright either. But there's no way gf can churn a new gen every year, shit takes time
>>
>>28957647
With all of the Z shit and Zygarde shilling and Dexio/Sina's return a Pokémon Z might still very much happen inthe future to show us how Z-Crystals were made and how they're connected to Mega Stones. As well as unifying X and Y's difference and connect Xerneas and Yveltal with Zygarde.
>>
>>28957933
>Another game taking place in Alola with NX compatibility or a remake is still more likely.
Absolutely not. A new gen is always the first mainline game on a new console. Gen 8 is coming first. A sun and moon port also makes since.
>>
I actually suspect this will be the NX's design but with actual analog sticks instead of circle pads. There was the patent for scroll wheel shoulder buttons and they'd have a huge range of applications so from that perspective I hope it is.
>>
>>28957889
>more late than Gen VII is, and even then it got a second game.
Not really. If the NX truly is a successor to both the 3ds and Wii U that means SM was released considerably later as Gen 5 had a year before the 3DS came out while SM only has a few months. But that's assuming it is a successor to both.

You also have to consider the unusually long length of last gen.
>>
>>28957508
>SuMo
S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>28958909
>A new gen is always the first mainline game on a new console.
Crystal says Hi.
Unlike GS it wasn't compatible with the original game boy and yes, the color was a legitimate successor
>>
>>28957344
The anime reflects what happens with the games. I highly doubt the anime will be over in a year (52ish episodes). However since there are no gym badges, who knows?????
>>
>>28958844
and hopefully not make zygarde a zen mode clone gimmick, one can hope I guess.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.