[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Luchalitten's design really that bad? I liked it when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: 1475088434896.png (2MB, 872x4012px) Image search: [Google]
1475088434896.png
2MB, 872x4012px
Is Luchalitten's design really that bad? I liked it when I first saw it, and the cool fanarts are just making me like it more.
What is it about Luchalitten that you anons don't like?

>inb4 not quadrupedal
We get a quadrupedal feline every generation. The last one even had a Fire-type feline. I'd rather have something different for a change.

Also, Luchalitten thread.
>>
>>28956214
>Too gendered
>Giant ugly paws
>waste of potential
>stupid belt
>Boring
>>
>>28956214
It's a bad Litten evolution

Neat concept for a dirty wrestler
>>
Its bad.
>>
Doesn't deserve as Litten's final evo pokemon.
>>
>>28956453
>Just another fucking cat
>"Good and unique design"
>>
>>28956214
To be frank, compared to the Fire starters we got for the last 2 Gens, this one looks amazing.
>>
>>28956214
One thing that really annoys me is when a fictional bipedal creature doesn't have the right body type to let it stand upright. A good example is Bewear, which looks like it's standing on its tiptoes all the time. Meloetta also has this problem because its feet are just points, but it at least has a thin frame and kinda looks all graceful-like with good balance and shit. Contrast Luchalitten, who looks like he's gonna fall over any second because his torso is so fucking huge compared to his legs.

Ever notice how other bipedal pokémon tend to have really big butts? It's to lower their center of gravity so they don't fall over. Ever notice how humans have such big feet? They're great for keeping us balanced. Most people have an intuition for this sort of thing, but, evidently, whoever drew Luchalitten does not.

> but it has a tail, so it can stay balanced!
Tails help four-legged creatures make minute corrections to their positioning. It's not gonna make enough difference when your pectoral muscles each weigh ten pounds.
>>
File: God you're pathetic.png (80KB, 1027x745px) Image search: [Google]
God you're pathetic.png
80KB, 1027x745px
Delphox, Infernape and Beltigre best Fire Starters

Blaziken gets an honorary mention
>>
>>28956662
I get it man but... Really? You're gonna throw real work anatomic correctness at a fantasy video game where you catch monsters?
>>
I'm just mad it looks like it's part of the fighting starter crew, even if it's just to be the villain. Are we going to keep getting these guys until we can make a team only of these mons?
>>
>>28956710
A taste so shitty should be punished with imprisonment
>>
>>28956710
Fuck your taste. Those are bottom tier fire starters.
>>
>>28956214
Looks too much like Emboar to me. I used to like it, but now when I've seen Torracat I'd really like it to stay quadrupedal.
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 2631x2428px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 2631x2428px
>>28956514
It's a sassy carefree looking cat with great potential to be a Fire-Dark pokemon same with Torracat, Luchalitten doesn't fit with the rest of the evolutionary line
>>
>>28956662
This is first valid criticism I've heard toward it's design, and I agree with what you said. I'm hoping it'll look better in 3D, but I'm not expecting much. But to be fair, this isn't the only Starter with weird legs. Typhlosion and Delphox, for example, have shit legs too.

>>28956710
Delphox and Blaziken are shit-tier.
>>
File: gravity is just a theory.jpg (51KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gravity is just a theory.jpg
51KB, 600x800px
>>28956712
It's not anatomical correctness. It's how objects come to rest on a surface.

Do you happen to own a four-sided die? Y'know, the tetrahedral ones. If you don't, see if you can find something kinda cone-shaped. Or just imagine it, because this is honestly intuitive shit. Now, imaginarily or otherwise, put that object on your desk, point-down. What happens? Does it stay standing upright? Fuck no. It falls over. Why? Something about its center of gravity not actually being above its point of contact with the desk. But, more importantly, you knew that it was going to fall over before you could even see it moving. (If you were just imagining it, even better.) This is because people can tell when things are going to fall over. It's the same sort of thing that makes this sculpture - pic related - look impossible. I've read that there's a metal rod that goes through the rocks and down into the ground. In case you're wondering. We can tell what does and doesn't make sense based on the physics of motion.

Then just combine that intuition with how I would expect Luchalitten to move, and it looks like it would lose its balance every time it threw a punch. Or took a step. Or changed its facial expression. That it can stand upright isn't just unrealistic - how could I complain about that? - it's unbelievable. As in, it reminds me that what I'm looking at is, ultimately, not a cat, but a drawing of a cat.
>>
>>28956214
It looks too human.

>>28956710
>That completely unnecessary paw position
sup bui
>>
>>28956275
>Too gendered
>>>/t/umblr
>>
File: 1475610896011.jpg (61KB, 1006x598px) Image search: [Google]
1475610896011.jpg
61KB, 1006x598px
I love him. The fact that he makes everyone so angry makes him even better. Poppmaid and Robin Hoot are fantastic as well.

These have been the best starters since Gen 2.
>>
File: Sassy cats.png (492KB, 1012x992px) Image search: [Google]
Sassy cats.png
492KB, 1012x992px
>>28956869
>It's a sassy carefree looking cat
Oh, yeah, we don't have enough of those already.
>>
>>28957148
You just had to ruin a semi-good good by calling Gen 2 starters good.
>>
>>28957073
We have creatures that can literally float off the ground just naturally, and you're worrying about this? Pokemon are magic. Deal with it.
>>
>>28956214

lucha litten is the best fire starter so far... only those stupid circus paws.. why...
>>
File: OSW4O1q.jpg (92KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
OSW4O1q.jpg
92KB, 540x395px
Soooo in the art it shows the belt around his waist spiking out when he attacks with it. Torracat's neck """organ""" also flairs up and changes shape. Litten's backfur spikes up when he attacks.

So maybe his belt is animated flame like we've seen on litwick or emboar or the like? The art also shows him being totally engulfed in fire the same color as his belt when he attacks.

Maybe his attack animation will have him get totally covered in fire? Idk.
>>
>>28956787
>Muh DRAGON!

Who the fuck are you? Danaerys Targaryen?
>>
>>28957255

also have best nickname ever
>>
>>28956214
A wrestling tiger is probably the least inspired design idea.

>Tiger Mask
>King from Tekken
>Mucha Lucha
>Kinnikuman
>other assorted cartoons, anime and shows

It's like seeing a Bruce Lee knockoff in a fighting game for the umpteenth time. Not even just the fighting style, but having his face but giving him a different name.
>>
>>28957201
What's wrong with Feraligatr and Typhlosion? Meganium sucks but the other two are great
>>
It's only hated by Bestialityfags who are upset that it's evolution didn't cater to their fetish and they didn't get a giant fire tiger they could imagine fucking on it's four legs while it meowed
>>
It seems to be a good example of too much happening at once.
>>
So is Luchalitten confirmed or is this still just mindless speculation pulled out of the /vp/ collective asshole?
>>
>>28957320

meowed from what...
>>
>>28956869
Who's to say Luchalitten won't be Fire/Dark, the Chinese leaks even said it would be.
>>
>>28957334
It's been confirmed since we saw Mallow.
>>
>>28957334

L U C H A
I
T
T
E
N

>imo yes, remember gen 5 leaks
>>
>>28957296
It's not that their designs are bad, it's just they aren't as good as other starters'.
Typhlosion look shit without when it doesn't have the flame around its neck, and even then, it's design is too simple.

Fereligatr is okay, but doesn't have anything that makes him unique. Compared to an Turtle with Cannons, a Steel Emperor Penguin, or a Ninja Frog, it's too simple.
>>
>>28957374
>>28957377
Post source, niglittens. All I've seen are people sopping up the leaks like Sasha Grey sops up semen from toilet seats.
>>
>>28957401
They were posted here first, we have not a damn clue where they came from.

But we know they're real because the Chinese leaks describes them and Mallow appeared in Litten3's ref sheet.
>>
>>28957401
Riddler, Chinese leaks and pic related leaks all confirm them.
Not to mention the design and descriptions of 2nd stages.
>>
File: notto disu shitto agen.jpg (33KB, 316x341px) Image search: [Google]
notto disu shitto agen.jpg
33KB, 316x341px
>>28957202
> Deal with it.
Oh, shit, you sure showed me. I guess I'd better listen to big-n-tough anon here, who's telling me to "deal with" things that don't make sense.

You're not the first person to use a retort like yours against an argument like mine. Are you familiar with the concept of "suspension of disbelief?" There are some things that make sense within the context of a story - for example, the existence of vampires or ghosts or psychic powers - but there are some things that don't make sense even within such a context. For example, even when reading a fantasy story about wizards and shit, my SoD will still be broken if you tell me that you managed to walk across the USA in six hours. Why? Because we know that that's not how fast people walk, and that's not how small the USA is. (However, if you say you used magic to walk across the country that fast, my SoD would be fine, assuming that magic is capable of that in this story.)

If you're still confused, look up "suspension of disbelief," because other people can explain it way better than I can.

>>28957296
> meganium sucks
u wanna fite m8 ill rek u swer on me mum
>>
File: 1475600817748.png (489KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475600817748.png
489KB, 1080x1920px
>>28957456
And I forgot the pic. Great.

>>28957202
You don't have to justify every aspect of it's design. There are some flaws, and you have to deal with them.
>>
>>28957422
>>28957456
>Trusting the Chinese

Look at these fokken goys ova' he'a..
>>
>>28957457
Its a giant cat, what if it's idle animation has it with the paws on the ground?
>>
>>28957494
Enough already. The Chinese leaks have gotten everything right so far. You should be ashamed yourself for being such a sore loser. Stop now, and try to redeem yourself.
>>
>>28957479
What board was this on?
>>
>>28957514
I'll shame you, charlitten.

Fucken fight me.
>>
>>28956214
>We get a quadrupedal feline every generation.
Yeah, but I want a powerful one that actually looks like a cat. Lions are related to cats but don't look like them and lions don't look cool to me but cats do. I quadrupledal tiger with good stats is all I need
>>
File: 1470189233752.jpg (86KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
1470189233752.jpg
86KB, 951x840px
>>28957503
Let's not go into what ifs. There would be no end.
>>
>>28957479
>Poison/Fighting Nidos
>Water Growlithe line

You better fucking pray this is legit.
>>
File: 1474583087562.png (78KB, 263x278px) Image search: [Google]
1474583087562.png
78KB, 263x278px
A N O T H E R
F I R E
I
G
H
T
I
N
G
>>
>>28957554
>looks like a cat
>I quadrupledal tiger with good stats is all I need
Make up your mind first. Also
>What is Raikou
>What is Pyroar
>What is Entei
>What is Luxray
>>
>>28957536
>>28923806
>>
I'm reserving final judgment for when we see it's in-game model, but right now I'm just more a fan of the concept art for robinhoot and poppmaid
but considering that torracat looks amazing in-game I'm actually looking forward to being proven wrong, cause then I'll get to be torn choosing between all three starters
>>
>>28956214
It's pretty solid, I won't pretend there aren't flaws with the concept art's images.

I'm fairly certain some of the issues will be worked out in game, and the reason I believe this isn't because I think the design will change.

Rather, it's because I think the designs look odd because it's drawn to match the style of the new anime, which also looks odd
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.