[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The games aren't even out yet and they're the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-covers.png (736KB, 869x453px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-covers.png
736KB, 869x453px
>The games aren't even out yet and they're the best in the series

How do they do it?
>>
>>28955096
kill yourself because your opinion is wrong.
>>
kill yourself because your opinion is wrong x2
>>
by making all of the other games not good so the bar is extremely low
>>
File: 1475626410775.jpg (92KB, 919x948px) Image search: [Google]
1475626410775.jpg
92KB, 919x948px
>>28955096
>How do they do it?

With her.
>>
>>28955096
don't kill yourself because your opinion is right
>>
>>28955148
This.
Sun and Moon do look good, proportionally speaking.
But by now I feel like this series should be so much further along.
>>
dont kill yourself because your opinion is your own and no one elses
>>
They're not going to be. They're going to be piss easy like Gen 6. Gen 4 will remain best gen.
>>
>>28955174
What does this even mean?
>>
SuMo has:
- the best villain team
- the best dialogue
- the best legendaries
- the best plot twist
- the funniest NPC
- the most emotional scene of the franchise so far

Rest of the series are you even trying?
>>
>>28955433
What do you think?
>>
By having an extremely good marketing team that knows how to get fans hyped for a product that will ultimately be mediocre.
>>
>>28955433
>Took almost 20 years to make a game in 3D
>>
>>28955524
>By having an extremely good marketing team
The marketing team is doing jackshit different. Its releasing the same shitty trailers as ever. The only reason /vp/ is so hyped for this crap is because this board never had so many kids before

Its literally the same thing that happened before XY, only with more people joining the retarded bandwagoning

And guess what, after you fuckers finally play the games, they will be as hated and ridicularized as XY are now
>>
>>28955200
Gen 4 is overrated
>>
File: MarioSuperShow.png (156KB, 433x344px) Image search: [Google]
MarioSuperShow.png
156KB, 433x344px
>>28955626
>ridicularized
>>
File: file.png (587KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
587KB, 640x442px
>>28955543
No?
>>
>>28955488
>SuMo
Games ruined
>>
>>28955626
it's okay, kid, you don't have to pretend to hate yourself to fit in
>>
>>28955543
That's nintendos fault. Not Gamefreaks
>>
>>28955488

Agreed, but...SuMo? ¬¬
>>
File: 1475348835305.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1475348835305.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>28955200
>Gen 4 will remain best gen.
>>
>>28955096
Honestly, I've been so pleased and happy with all the news that's come forth that the faggots calling these unreleased games "mediocre" won't stress me out.

XY was seriously flawed, but they made huge milestones that the anons on this board love to forget. SM will be a massive improvement.
>>
>>28955738
>people calling an unreleased game they never played "mediocre" is bad
>you calling an unreleased game you never played "amazing" is okay though

Sure thing nintendrone
How's that GF cock tastin'?
>>
>>28955756
I didn't call it amazing and GF cock tastes sooooo good
>>
File: nicework.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
nicework.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>28955488
>sumo
>>
>>28955488
>The Best Plot Twist
How do you know that?
If we already guessed the twist, can it really be called the best "twist"? and if we haven't, how do we know its a good one?
>>
>>28955756
>being happy with the news is the same thing as calling the game amazing
the game has a lot of very cool new and returning features (Poke Pelago in particular is really cool), even more support for online than XY, and really cool mons

I don't see how they'll be "mediocre"
>>
>>28955848
>the game has gimmicks so it will be good

That's why we all love ORAS right?
>>
>>28955848
>the game has a lot of very cool new and returning features (Poke Pelago in particular is really cool), even more support for online than XY, and really cool mons
You're probably too new to remember but this board used to say the same thing before XY came out you know
>>
>>28955900
These look to be good gimmicks like Gen 5's gimmicks.
Gimmicks aren't bad unless they're bad anon.
>>
>>28955900
Gimmicks are like 90% of what makes Pokemon good

HGSS has a fucked level curve but people remember it for the Pokeathlon, music, and following Pokemon

And yeah, a lot of people do love ORAS even if I disagree personally
>>
>>28955929
>before XY
It's applied to pretty much every new generation of games.
>>
>>28955945
>HGSS has a fucked level curve but people remember it for the Pokeathlon, music, and following Pokemon
>musics are gimmicks now

And half of the people i see around hate the pokeathlon and voltorb flip and just wanted things as they were in the original games
>>
>>28955982
I only hated the voltorn flip because I couldn't cheese it but using my money to buy enough coins to get want I wanted.
The only thing I personally truly wanted to return was proper berry picking.
Everything else was pretty great and I would be happy to see it return.
>>
>>28955929
XY had
>Amie
>Battle Spot
>Customization
>Wonder Trades
>3D
>Megas
SM has
>Better Amie
>Better Battle Spot
>Better customization
>Join Avenue's return
>Better overworld
>the return of Join Avenue
I'm pretty sure they showed the ability to gift Pokemon at some point
>Alolan Forms

I liked XY and I'm pretty sure this board did before everyone discussed it to death
I'm sure people are going to call SM bad at some point too but not for the first few months, which is what actually matters
>>
>>28956029
See, you keep repeating that all this stuff is better than before, but you still havent played the game. The only thing you can say for sure its better right now is customization and only because it was so lacking for XY that is pratically impossible to be any worse. All the rest is pure speculation based on trailers and sorry to burst your bubble anon but that's how trailers work - they show only the "good" parts and hide everything else.

Basically, wait till you play the game before saying everything is better than before like a shilling retard
>>
>>28955096
>10% luck
>20% skill
>15% concentrated power of will
>5% pleasure
>50% pain
>100% reason to remember the name
>>
>>28955096
Remember when people said this about X and Y, then ORAS, then "Z"
>>
>>28956106
>The only thing you can say for sure its better right now is customization and only because it was so lacking for XY that is pratically impossible to be any worse
You can say the same about Amie since it has new features added to the already established ones from XY.

As well as the Battle Spot. And the overworld.
>>
>>28956106
The Overworld is objectively better because it's not on a fucking grid anymore
Amie is better because it doesn't have that fucking stupid background anymore
Battle Spot is better because it has an additional mode
you're being super fucking pessimistic about the customization and frankly you sound like you have an incredibly negative bias against these games
>>
>>28955200
Don't you mean Gen V?
>>
>>28956171
>You can say the same about Amie since it has new features added to the already established ones from XY.

No, you can't. You still don't know how refresh works. You can say customization is better because its pure aesthetic - what you see is what you get. You can't say the same about any other mechanic before trying it for yourself, just by looking at selected clips of people doing carefully scripted things

>>28956173
>waaah everything is perfect stop being NEGATIVE

oh goodness the tumblr defense force is here
dont you dare not praising everything! you're pessimistic! this never happened before i swear! this time is a masterpiece just like all the other times!
>>
>>28956208
Holy fuck dude

are you seriously arguing that more customization options doesn't mean it's better even when before you were shitting on XY for being "lacking?" And are you forgetting that the overworld has an actual day/night cycle instead of an incomplete filter?

shut the fuck up
>>
>>28956208
>No, you can't. You still don't know how refresh works.
Yes you can? It is literally Amie with a new name.You still pet your Pokemon and give them food like you did in XY, as well as plays minigames with them, getting the in-battle bonuses. But now you can groom them which cures status conditions. That is automatically better than what Amie did in XY.

Fuck off you pessimistic asshole.
>>
>>28955626
>because this board never had so many kids before
>ridicularized
>>
>>28956239
Can you read? Are you having mental difficulties? What part of "don't talk about a mechanic you haven't tinkered yet because you're seeing a trailer of a very limited use" you can't grasp? What part of "customization is better but wait before praising the rest" is so hard for you to understand? Does the mere thought of someone not masturbating all over Sun/Moon news like you really violate your asshole this much?
>>
>>28955721
>Gen 4 Best Gen

You meant Gen 5 obviously.
>>
File: 1372365853821.jpg (62KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1372365853821.jpg
62KB, 373x373px
>>28956270
>making amie even more broken and overpowered is better
lel
>>
>>28956281
The point is you are complaining about nothing because there is nothing to complain about. There are all these new features and improvements to old features present, but you want to be the guy that goes "Oh hey but this isn't good because I say so, even though it clearly is. LISTEN TO ME, REEE"
>>
>>28955488
Only legendaries is something we can say by now

All the other... we'll have to wait
>>
>>28955626
Here's a tip anon

Zelda cycle doesn't exsist

ORAS was fucking shitted on the day it came out
>>
>>28956336
>There are all these new features and improvements to old features present, but you want to be the guy that goes "Oh hey but this isn't good because I say so, even though it clearly is

Tell me all about these new features you never tested but are clearly so much better than everything before, anon. Really, i'm curious. Tell me all about how Z-Moves are the best thing ever, how they fixed the meta, give me all the juicy details you probably have to be defending everything in such a retarded, autistic manner.
>>
>>28956106
A lot of those things are cosmetic or objective though. Better battle spot and better amie are a given if they have shown there are all the old features of those features, and then more features. Facts like "the return of join avenue" are things you can know from trailers and isn't even slightly speculation. Better overworld is a visual thing which you can see and judge from gameplay videos. Even if it's only actually better in one or two areas, that's one or two better areas of overworld than XY had.
>>
>>28956281
What? They haven't shown us any actual mechanical things besides Z-moves, Totem Pokemon, and the Festival Plaza, and we've seen from the trailers that the Festival Plaza is basically a 3D Join Avenue.

I don't have to "tinker" with Refresh to know that it's better in the area that matters to me - namely that it shows the overworld behind your mon instead of the stupid rainbow background

And I don't have to "tinker" with the overworld to know that it's not on a fucking grid anymore, which is important to me and a great thing in my eyes
>>
Exploring a fully 3D world with proportional characters and mons is a huge deal for me. I was initially so disappointed when Diamond and Pearl came out, because I thought it would look as good as, say, Animal Crossing Wild World. The most key thing that would make me want a DP remake would be a fully rendered Sinnoh, with realistic, winding environments, not just porting the grid structure to 3D like ORAS.

SM has so much else going for it too. There's clearly a level of passion and creativity here that goes way beyond what I've come to expect. It makes me fucking pumped for the games to follow too.
>>
>>28955096
That's how low gen 6 set the bar
>>
>>28956421
>SM has so much else going for it too. There's clearly a level of passion and creativity here that goes way beyond what I've come to expect
>i saw three trailers but i know all about THE PASSION behind sun and moon

I don't even need to say anything.
Enjoy your shilling.
>>
>>28955174
This. For the first time it seems like they are trying to make something good, not something that just sells. There seems to be cool new features and also returning old features, and the new mons really seem designed with at least some degree of competitive balance in mind.
But if they were keeping good features from previous games and paying attention to the players from the start, the series would be miles ahead than it is now.
I mean, the pokedex STILL doesn't provide actual information about the pokemon, like learnset, a graph with base stats, egg group , evolution conditions and shit like that. That kind of info should be completed as you raised your mons, but no you have to google all that shit.
>>
>>28956421
Let me guess, you're one of the idiots who talk about how much better Team Skull are to all the other villain teams in the series because you like their designs and you have fuck else to basis your opinion on, but it's from Sun and Moon so ITS JUST BETTER, right?
>>
>>28956454
Do we know that? Maybe it unlocks down the line as your Rotomdex "levels up." We've only seen the first hour or two, after all.

it's not likely but it's a small possibility
>>
File: 1475619609055.jpg (15KB, 480x162px) Image search: [Google]
1475619609055.jpg
15KB, 480x162px
>>28956373
>Tell me all about these new features you never tested but are clearly so much better than everything before, anon.
I already did.
Amie before only let you pet your Pokemon, play minigames with them, feed them, and then they would dodge or resist fainting during battle. Refresh does all that, but now you can GROOM your Pokemon, which clears status conditions. Refresh is now better than Amie.

The overworld was tied to a grid in XY and ORAS, which made playing the game with the Circle Pad awkward. Unless you were riding a bike other than for Bike Simulator, you couldn't experience the pseudo-off grid gameplay. The games were also pixelated chibi 3D models that looked bad and outdated. Now the games are in full 3D, with 3D models for all trainers, in battle and out, no more chibi, it is no longer on the grid, and is at a higher resolution, even though it still suffers from 3DS' piss ass resolution by default.

The Battle Spot in SM has everything you could do in XY and ORAS with added modes, rulesets, renting other players teams with QR which is kind of like Showdown, and being able to host your own tournaments. This is how it is better.

>Really, i'm curious. Tell me all about how Z-Moves are the best thing ever, how they fixed the meta, give me all the juicy details you probably have to be defending everything in such a retarded, autistic manner.

Nice try strawman but I am talking about the shit we actually know have significant improvements from XY. You can gladly fuck off n now though.
>>
File: 1470577286996.png (81KB, 337x294px) Image search: [Google]
1470577286996.png
81KB, 337x294px
>>28955488
>tfw i wish I could say this after finishing the game but it'll most likely be the opposite
>>
>>28956450
Oh get over yourself. Sorry you're a miserable bastard who can't get excited for some damn entertainment, even when you slug around a forum dedicated specifically to it.
>>
>>28956482
They feel more inspired and unique compared to most recent grunts and Admin's than the last few games
>>
>>28956443
>that's how low gen 5 set the bar*
ftfy
>>
>>28956454
>For the first time it seems like they are trying to make something good, not something that just sells.
i dunno anon. a lot of the stuff we've seen so far seems to be pandering to whats popular right now - as in the alolan forms pandering to pokemon go and genwun nostalgia, and the z-moves and z-move dances pandering to lighthearted stuff like yokai watch. its not bad, but its not "designed with passion and not to sell!" either.
>>
>>28956553
If that were true anon people wouldnt be asking for it's facility to come back
>>
>>28956483
I wasn't taking SM into account, I just was using that as an indicator of how little they cared to improve the game.
I do think the rotomdex is most likely an improvement, so we'll see.
>>
>>28956539
I fucking knew it

You probably think Guzma will act and be just like the fanarts you keep seeing around because you have absolutely nothing - zero - zilch to base your opinion on, while you're bashing the older games because you already played them and you know how the games work out. Bravo, anon. You can look forward to a raise in your paycheck.
>>
>>28956581
>It's Ya Boi Guzma! I'm destruction in human form!
is a lot more unique than the third villain in a row talking about how he was going to create a new world order

this is fact
>>
>>28956581
I mean design wise faggot. Flare was just business suits

Fucking X and Y's Admin's didn't have personality and we already have seen Plumeria cares for her Grunts, while insulting them with tough love
>>
>>28956482
Let me guess, you're a sour bitch who hates his life. I don't care about Team Skull that much, but designs are obviously the biggest reason anyone would like anything in Pokemon
>>
File: 1360957361612.jpg (8KB, 251x228px) Image search: [Google]
1360957361612.jpg
8KB, 251x228px
>>28956615
>mfw sun/moon comes out and Aether just wants to create a new world order too
>>
>>28956482
Their entire premis is very different from anything in Pokemon, the closest thing to it is Team Rocket, but they aren't the ones struggling to get by on cash that their grunts buy their uniform
>>
>>28956673
Obviously

but I wasn't talking about them
>>
>>28956677
What premise? How do you know so much about Team Skull and their motivations already? Do your dad work for Nintendo or something like that?
>>
>>28956731
It's on the site you faggot

they're a gang of street punks that act like a sillier Team Rocket, which is a lot different than the Poke-Mafia and 4 different cults
>>
File: 1410626400823.jpg (47KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
1410626400823.jpg
47KB, 640x571px
>>28956757
>"Their entire premis is very different from anything in Pokemon"
>tell me all about their premise and how you know about what they do ingame then
>"It's on the site"

I rest my case, Dartrix
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (68KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
68KB, 728x546px
>>28955488
>SuMo

I bet you say PoGo too fucking faggot
>>
>>28955096

>realized HMs were a mistake
>realized IVs were a mistake
>realized mega evolutions were a mistake
>brought back join avenue
>fixing the doubles meta

now all they need to do is give us a meaty postgame and lots of day/night exclusive events and we're good.
>>
>>28955681
Not a main series game, anon. Wasn't made by Game Freak either.
>>
>>28957625
>>realized mega evolutions were a mistake

How fucking slow are you? They just confirmed megas
>>
>>28957754

But they havent introduced (and wont introduce) new ones, thats what I mean by Mega Evolutions were a mistake.
>>
>>28957625
>All the legendaries from ORAS' Soaring, plus a few for the road, each with their own cave/hole in the ground/dark alleyway and mini-story. At least a few Alolan lesser legendaries.
>Battle Frontier with all of the facilities of Emerald, Platinum, AND the PWT for good measure.
>3 Looker-esque storylines.
>Not just rematches with all the captains, but mini-quests for each of them
>Bigger, stronger totem bosses available for refighting, with drastically increased difficulty in the form of more intensive field effects and auras, some of them approaching puzzle status.
>An entire bonus island, full of pokemon from other dexes, along with all of the required old pokemon support, like DPPt's battle island. Perhaps make this island in ANOHER DIMENSION!!!
>An optional superboss Ultra Beast, the likes of which wouldn't seem out of place in an SMT title, difficulty-wise.
>Can set up your own "Alola League", a battle arena in which you supply up to nine NPCs with Pokemon, or challenge other peoples set ups. (Basically build a gym-crawl+Champ workshop)
>A place similar to Canalave Library full of books to make the lorefags froth at the mouth for a few months
>A town (or dispursed through the other towns) containing all of the now defunct methods of Pokeplay. Pokemon Musicals, Contests with dress-up, dance, and other portions, Pokestar Studios, the Pokathalon, various minigames, The Underground, Secret Bases, and npc's like the footprint doctor
>Various cameos from other gym leaders, e4 members, and champions on vacation. With complementary battles, of course.
>A small forest full of level 100 Blissy that only know Memento, that always spawn in horde battles.

How'd I do?
>>
>>28957813
>and wont introduce
[citation needed]
>>
>>28958005

The citation is that they made a big deal about mega coming back in the video, but didn't even introduce one new mega.
>>
>>28958022
its cause they wanted to add attention to the other new features added to the games instead of pushing an old concept.
>>
>>28955096
Spoilers all around the year

No shit, Sherlock.
>>
File: mega_evolution.jpg (100KB, 457x412px) Image search: [Google]
mega_evolution.jpg
100KB, 457x412px
>>28958022
oh, it seems you were right.
>>
>>28958054

so how come they allocated time to Reskinned Pokemon Amie and Reskinned Join Avenue?
>>
File: 1475586830641.jpg (39KB, 538x305px) Image search: [Google]
1475586830641.jpg
39KB, 538x305px
>>28955096
are you fucking kidding me
>>
File: image.png (545KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
545KB, 785x757px
>>28955488
>sumo
>>
>>28955096
Making ash canon
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.