[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a whole year teasing a mysterious new form before the new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Greninja_Ash_RGB_72dpi.jpg (98KB, 432x575px) Image search: [Google]
Greninja_Ash_RGB_72dpi.jpg
98KB, 432x575px
>a whole year teasing a mysterious new form before the new gen
>like mega-mewtwo Y before revealing megas
>the Pokémon resembles his trainer because a bond in battle
>everyone in the anime wants to investigate it
>like mega evolution when it was introduced
>ends up being a just a unique ability

what was the point?
>>
>>28940049
Beats me

Unless there's more to it and we just dont know yet which is possible
>>
I prefer it to be like a minor thing. I would have hated if they introduced synchro evolution or something like that.

If it is only a special Greninja, I am okay with that.
>>
File: 1921d0y1vih2jjpg.jpg (405KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
1921d0y1vih2jjpg.jpg
405KB, 970x546px
>was hoping for Z forms
>turns out just an ability
>>
just like how game freak advertised mewtwo as a new pokemon before it was confirm as mega evolution i'm not a 100% convince the name will be change to ash-greninja. notice in the video once it change form the status bar wasn't visible anymore
>>
>>28940143
In the japanese version the name stays. It just saus Gekkouga, no change to the name or bar.
>>
File: T-They're fast~!.png (743KB, 1238x452px) Image search: [Google]
T-They're fast~!.png
743KB, 1238x452px
So, what would be a good set for Ash Greninja?
Keep in mind that it doesn't have protean, but will probably get increased stats like speed.
>>
>>28940521
Its going to be fucking garbage. Protean gave it the ability to use whatever the fuck you wanted. Without that hes bad.
>>
>>28940545
It most likely gets a stat boost, if you send it out in the right time you can probably sweep with it. It might not be as useful as protean but we know nothing about it yet.
>>
>>28940570
yes, and the ash form will probably have mega-like stats, so it's basically a mega plus a held item

the only downside is having to knock out an enemy mon to get the form, but water shuricken shenanigans may help with this
>>
>>28940519
So that would be mean its technically not ash-greninja and they just marketing it like it is how the mewtwo mega y form was as a new pokemon.It's possible just regularly greninja with the bond phenomenon ability. Activate when kill a pokemon, change shape/form and stats increase (atk/ sp atk & speed)
>>
AZ Floette could have this same ability
>>
>>28940741
Or gen 6 and 7 starter plus rockruff
>>
>>28940650
A mega without an ability
>>
>>28940925
many megas have useless abilities
>>
>>28940049
anime-only power-up because the devs would not agree to give Greninja a mega evolution OR the anime writer didn't want Ash to have a mega yet

But they put it in the game anyway to bait kids who watch the show into getting sun/moon.

That's my guess anyway.
>>
>>28940049
I think the "point" was the Anime wrote something into the story that ended up being popular. Then the game developers, likely because of pressure from marketing/businesses men, needed to think of a way to incorporate it.
>>
>>28940570
it would need like +80 spa to do damage equal to a protean set on non-stab moves
its not gonna be good, theres no chance that whatever stat boosts it gets are gonna be able to compensate for dropping more than a third of the power off 2-3 coverage options
>>
File: 1475234089839.png (364KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1475234089839.png
364KB, 583x583px
>>28940925
It's ability is being a mega, without using up your only mega slot.
>>
>>28940925
And a mega with a held item
>>
I fucking love how people callin it shit.

It's going to be at least as good as Mega Gallade aka I WILL NOT FLONCH at worst

IT'S A MEGA WITH A FUCKING ITEM.
>>
File: greninjash in the games.png (20KB, 1053x316px) Image search: [Google]
greninjash in the games.png
20KB, 1053x316px
daily reminder
>>
Other pokemon are likely to get a similar ability.

Type:Null seems like a contender.
>>
>>28940095
I hope they don't Debunked the Z-forms because Ash-Greninja just showed up
>>
>>28940078
I bet you hated mega evolution to. Fuck off back to r/pokemon
>>
What's worse is that Ash is releasing it, Goodra too. He will actually walk away from Kalos with the least amount of Pokemon ever.
>>
wonder if any other pokemon will get a bond form
>>
>>28944486
anon I have bad news for you
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.