[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If they named it anything other than Ash-Greninja no one would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3221.png (120KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3221.png
120KB, 250x309px
If they named it anything other than Ash-Greninja no one would be this mad.

Why not name it something else to fit in-game?
>>
>>28926592
Just rename it
>>
>>28926592

Who's mad?
>>
>>28926602
Can you rename it?
>>
>>28926611
>a form based off of non-canon fiction
>named after a non-canon character
I'm a little bit mad, but I won't be as mad if they release other pokemon who can use bond phenomena; to give it only to greninja is silly considering ash and greninja are supposed to be the only two who can do that. Also why does it still look like ash if ash isnt there battleing with him?
>>
>>28926611
70% of the people who don't give a shit about the beyond shit anime. Also Japan is really upset by this. Look at 2chan.
>>
>>28926592

Because it's still Ash-Greninja

His bond was with Ash first

Any bond will transform him but because Ash was what started it, he stays at that form
>>
File: 1473015568060.png (349KB, 442x319px) Image search: [Google]
1473015568060.png
349KB, 442x319px
>>28926592
Because it's Ash-Greninja.
>>
>>28926705
A vocal minority still a vocal minority regardless of where it is
>>
Because the bond phenomenon was formally cataloged with Ash Greninja, even if it was documented as a thing of the past it was never formally addressed as an actual phenomenon.

With Ash Greninja being the first formal one the name sticks to it.

Are people retarded enough to not notice this happens all the time in real life whenever a cryptid is rediscovered despite it being part of folklore? Ghost slug, some antelopes, heck even mathematical concepts have had this kind of categorization.
>>
>>28926695
I've never understood people's fixation with shit being canon or not
>>
>>28926756
How do you know it's a minority?
>>
>>28926592
I'm rewiring my brain to think of "ash" as in "volcano ash" or something. Just to cope.
>>
>anime
>non canon

Huh
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-04-06-21-43-1.png (631KB, 1369x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-04-06-21-43-1.png
631KB, 1369x1524px
Because it's Ash's Greninja and that form is called Ash-Greninja.
>>
>>28926695
When the fuck has Pokemon ever had canon? I mean yeah, the anime, games, and manga re clearly separate, but they wink and nod at each other all the time. Spiky eared Pichu was also an anime mon that got put into the games.
>>
>>28926695
Because the appearance has absolutely nothing to do with Ash. It doesn't matter who activates it, or what they're wearing, it ALWAYS looks like that. Also, considering the same Greninja appeared hundreds of years ago, technically it's Ash who looks like IT, not the other way around.
>>
>>28926957
>2chan
>>
File: 1452284027264.png (604KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452284027264.png
604KB, 1280x720px
>>28926695
>named after a non-canon character
not anymore bitch
>>
>>28927077

Ash was so pissed at losing the league that he released Greninja into another dimension.
>>
>>28926592
>If they named it anything other than Ash-Greninja
it's got Ash elements on it, are you fucking stupid
>>
File: Anime Canon.png (606KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Canon.png
606KB, 650x425px
>>
>>28926592
What if Ash appears in the game (looking distinct from Red and the playable character) and you can battle him?
>>
>>28926830
The thing is, it only makes sense in the anime. Ash doesn't exist in the games, the closest thing is Red, his counterpart.
>>
>>28927624
There better be an explanation that makes sense for it.
>>
>>28927416
No, it doesn't. It's designed to look like Ash's clothes in XY, but according to the anime plot it existed long before Ash was even born. AND Ash doesn't exist in the games.
Do you see why it makes no sense now?
>>
>>28927936
It all comes together.

Dude, what where you expecting. The anime has been influencing the games for a while, Steven references a black Charizard trainer and we have had several Ash pokemon as events as launch for games in Japan.
>>
>>28927154
>tfw I still have Spiky Eared Pichu trapped in my HG game

>tfw I can never have it out from it out, but Ash-Greninja will be free to continue existing.

Feels bad.
>>
>>28928046
>The anime has been influencing the games for a while
Not really.

>we have had several Ash pokemon as events
It's true, but it's pretty much just an event with no games dialogues, it's just a trainer name in the Pokémon's details.

>Steven references a black Charizard trainer
This is the only recent thing worth mentioning, and it's still not nearly as bad as just saying Ash directly like that.
>>
>>28926592
I would still be mad.

Because it's a shitty synchro evolution that SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST in Pokémon.

Megas were already on the border to garbage, synchro is too digimon tier shit.
>>
>>28928137
it literally says ash.
ash is a canon character.
>>
File: 1473989659689.jpg (190KB, 671x649px) Image search: [Google]
1473989659689.jpg
190KB, 671x649px
>Steven is talking about red's mega charizard!! Not Alan!!! Ash mine isn't canon!!!!!
>ASH grennigger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28928150
Fuck you, I can't wait to see every evolution work like megaevolutions. Make Pokémon Digimon.
>>
>>28928137
Guts Heracross in johto.
>>
>>28928219
Don't ever dare to reply to me again unless you want me to show you what the katana on my wall can do, kid.
>>
>>28928137
Double battles being am Anime first, trial challenge taking a bit of inspiration from Orange archipelago.
>>
>>28928244
>pathetic human weapons
Pfffffff. How does being an inferior being feels like? You can't even begin to comprehend my true powers.
>>
>>28928276
That's 100% irrelevant to the discussion though
>>
>>28928276
>anime being canon
chance of orange league to be in a game
>>
>>28928358
Not really, events in the Anime that influenced the games that followed.

Ashninja and a complete battle format that latter became THE FACE OF THE FRANCHISE in doubles is totally relevant towards stuff that where influenced by the Anime.
>>
>>28928426
You don't even know if it's actually a mechanic influenced by the anime, or if it's the other way around, or if they didn't even think about it at all and just had the same idea twice. It could be any of those, and regardless of that, it doesn't matter. It's a mechanic, not a character from another continuity being mentioned directly in one where he's not supposed to exist. Do you really fail to understand the simple difference behind these things? They've always kept them separated, and now they do this, apparently without any explanation (hopefully that's not the case).
>>
>>28926592
I feel they could have named it Bond Greninja or Greninja Bond Form.
>>
>>28928553
You mean that the ideas used in a filler saga before johto games delay didn't influenced Ruby and Sapphire?

Seriously dude, doubles where featured first in the Anime, don't cherry pick.
>>
>>28928553
Canon is loose as fuck in the Pokémon games, Ash has been referenced as an ID for events, we have gotten this on trainers such as the champions ingame and on real life and of course N.

At this point you are trying way to hard to distance the games from the franchise, while it is obvious it wasn't that way for the devs for a long time, it all comes together Bro.

Also why do you want the games to be different from the Anime of the franchise?

Is it much lore?, It's no longer cool when it is in the same universe as the Ashnime?, Do you want to pretend Red or pokespe is more important? Or are you just afraid of losing your headcanons?

What scares you about the continuity merge?
>>
>>28928628
Even if that was the case (again, you can't be sure, and it's not really a great original idea no matter how much you might want it to be) it's just simply irrelevant to what we're talking about. Maybe it would have been relevant if there was a story behind it, but that's not the case. It's just a mechanic, that may or may not have been originated by the anime. Whether that's the case or not, doesn't matter.

>>28928728
>Canon is loose as fuck in the Pokémon games
Yes, and? The anime and the games have always been separated. Even Yellow.

>Ash has been referenced as an ID for events
Not part of the story, doesn't appear in the games, not a special form of its own. It's just a name in an event Pokémon. Do you also think there's a trainer named SPRING2011 in the games?

>we have gotten this on trainers such as the champions ingame and on real life and of course N
What are you talking about? If you want to put it like that, Ash is Red's counterpart. They have become completely different characters, but that's besides the point.

>At this point you are trying way to hard to distance the games from the franchise
I'm not. Going by game content alone, except that one quote in ORAS and this new thing, they have always been separated. I'm not saying this can't change, but it would be dumb if they provided no explanation at all.

>while it is obvious it wasn't that way for the devs for a long time
By "a long time" you mean today? Or two years ago, with a quote of which the meaning can still be a little vague?

>it all comes together
I don't get why everyone got so autistic about one of the random sentences in a trailer, but ok, let's see where that goes. That is, if it was supposed to be anything other than "hey look this is cool be hyped plz".

>Also why do you want the games to be different from the Anime of the franchise?
I haven't said I want them to be different. However, it's a fact that they have always been different so far.
>>
>>28926592
>no one would be this mad
Nah, they would be. You'd have to have autism to be mad at this to begin with
>>
>>28928728
>>28928893
>Is it much lore?, It's no longer cool when it is in the same universe as the Ashnime?,
If they manage to do it properly (I doubt that's actually possible, the only thing that gives me hope is the parallel universes thing, which still keeps them mostly separated, and there would just be too many inconsistencies otherwise) then I'll be completely ok with it.

>Do you want to pretend Red or pokespe is more important?
I don't, and I don't care about Red. I don't care about Ash either. I don't see where you're getting any of that from.

>Or are you just afraid of losing your headcanons?
This doesn't make any sense either. I barely have any headcanon anyway.

>What scares you about the continuity merge?
I'm not scared, I just think it risks being extremely dumb and inconsistent.
>>
>>28927388
>another dimension
Keep trying to rationalize it KEK
>>
>>28927388
>another dimension
its the main canon faggot
>>
>>28928976
Dude this are the games that run on dumb and inconsistent. Games that have over 30 NPC just too keep pre evolutions and form changes available regardless of the region.

Ash Greninja jumping from one part of the franchise to the core isn't a bad thing at all, Pokémon lore and continuity has always been self contained non exclusive Ash bring a Canon figure in a game where Excavalier dex entry states its blazing fast should be the least of anyone's problems.
>>
Ok to state it in a way that isn't the mess >>28928893 is typing it out as:

Issue is that Ash and the game canons are literally incompatible as is, as Ash fills the spot of the MC in each region. They do have their multiverse thing going on, but it's still going to take wrangling as otherwise Ash fills the same role as Red, Ethan, Brendan, and Lucas, and the roles of Hilbert, Nate, and Calem don't even end up mattering as the anime plot is way too different for the stories to coincide

It's also different from a small little nod - Things like double battles can just occur separately, no issue. Things like a cheeky little nod to Ash with a Pokemon that are a lot like his but no direct lore mention is fine. Heck, even the demo saying a certain trainer and Ash-Greninja's name is ok if iffy. But they out right state it's Ash' Pokemon, which is a huge headache canon wise and while Pokemon is pretty loose to the point that some autists such as me can even shrug and go "eh", I can see why some are being driven nuts about it
>>
Fuck's sake you guys it's not the same universe.

The games have been doing this for literally years. There's almost always one event mon or another that's based on someone's team from the anime. How many Ash's Pikachu giveaways have there been?

Ash-Greninja is just another one of those. The difference is this time it has a form to go with it.
>>
>>28929935
At least try to make the replies not copypastable.
It's just a name in an event Pokémon's info, not a form that takes his name. Do you also think there's a trainer named SPRING2011 in the games?
>>
>>28929998
To be fair, this IS a world where a respected professor lets his grandson be named Assface
>>
File: untitled.png (184KB, 441x412px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
184KB, 441x412px
>>28929998
If this was something in the main story then maybe you'd have a point.

It's not.

Ash-Greninja is obtainable in the demo only and the demo is explicitly an adventure that is not related to Sun and Moon. It's basically a tiny DLC scenario.

For example, Fire Emblem Awakening had all those DLC missions with other Fire Emblem characters. Doesn't mean they were all in the same world.
>>
>>28930118
Yeah but it's still weird to have it as a form with that name be in the actual game.
>>
>>28930095
So I wasn't the only one that called blue "CaraCulo",thats reassuring.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.