[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I'm going back to play all the gens I missed. Spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png
118KB, 250x224px
Ok so I'm going back to play all the gens I missed. Spent 50 hours on ORAS and BW2 each, fucking sick pokemon games.

Then I get to this piece of shit. 20 hours and we're done. And it smokes wiener. Was this good at the time?
>>
>>28873216
>liking ORAS but not Platinum
kys
>>
>50 hours on ORAS
Doing what?
>>
>>28873216
Curious, I thought the same on W2 after Platinum. I need to get ORAS though.
>>
>>28873228
>liking the biggest pokemon, best quality of life features, best technology, soaring, best music by a landslide
Yeah I liked the shit out of it. I'm convinced people shitting on ORAS here is a meme. I didn't like XY, so I understand the grief it gets, but except for >muh battle frontier, I don't see what all the hubub is about. You guys just like to bitch.
>>
>>28873216
>Liking ORAS
>Hating Platinum
Opinion disregarded, get the fuck off of this board.
>>
>>28873269
Meant to say biggest Pokedex.
>>
>>28873269
ORAS' music sucks compared to RSE and it doesn't have character customization
>>
>>28873269
Shit taste man, ORAS is decent but the shallow postgame content makes it less than the greats. Platinum wasn't great(slow battle, slow surf etc.) but it outdoes ORAS in most things
>>
>>28873376
>slow surf
But Platinum fixed that.
>>
>>28873376
Especially on the Battle Frontier
>>
>>28873236
Searching for a redeemable quality I assume
>>
>>28873340
I grew up on chiptune music too man but you need to get a grip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbl6o9mGEs (best song ever in a pokemon game)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ncruLrHdQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpkGXyCHvDI

If you think this music sucks you either didn't play the game or are deaf or are trying to be fucking contrarian.

>>28873376
I'd rather a pokemon game give me 50 amazing hours than 100 mediocre as fuck hours. If a game sucks, why would it being longer (having a lot of post-game) be a plus? I'd rather just start a new game..
>>
>>28873216
It was a MASSIVE improvement on D/P

that tells you how fucking trash those games were.
>>
>>28873410
I like the music, but the best song goes to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6JV-M8oxE
>>
>>28873437
BW2 was amazing too, which I said in the OP. It was a fucking joy to play through. Platinum was such a slog, I only wanted to finish it so I could have experienced Sinnoh. It must have been really good at the time because it isn't good in 2016. Literally every game that game out after is superior. X might be boring too but at least it has lightyears better technology.
>>
>>28873410
Those (minus the rival theme) are pretty good, but you missed VS Archie/Maxie. I may not care for ORAS, but they took a mediocre battle theme for those two and made it great
>>
>>28873216
>Only 50 hours
>Liking more gen 6 over gen 4
Kill yourself
>>
>>28873465
I missed a lot of good ones. The ORAS sountrack was one of the most consistently good soundtracks I've ever heard in a game, and especially for a pokemon game that is historically bleep bloop stuff it was so amazing to hear.
>>
>>28873399
Top kek

Probably just breeding
>>
File: maximum keks.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
maximum keks.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>28873216
>MFW a guy who's actually played all of the games in the same timespan gets shit upon by all the sinnohfags because they can't handle him disagreeing with them
>also someone who doesn't hate ORAS just because of the memes
>>
>>28873547
>hasn't actually said what he likes about any of the games
>or dislikes
>>
File: ashnime nope.jpg (80KB, 516x372px) Image search: [Google]
ashnime nope.jpg
80KB, 516x372px
>>28873556
>hasn't actually read any of the thread
>>
>>28873492
To be fair the new egg moves and some of the new megas are ok. It's the only reason I use ORAS to breed instead of XY
>>
>>28873547
ooh boy, ORAS Defence Force has arrived
>>
>>28873565
Yeah a flaw in gen 6 is making X and Y actually unplayable against those megas

That would be like if you couldn't battle people who had smash DLC

>>28873562
Literally where? All he said was music
>>
>>28873562
Anon.....

literally where
>>
>>28873601
Maybe one day GF will learn how to update for compatibility.
>>
>>28873601
You want a point by point? Ok here's a redpill for you fellows: every pokemon game is functionally the exact same game. I know this hurts to hear but it's the truth. Every game from Blue to Omega Ruby is pick starter, meet rival, get 8 badges, beat the elite four, some stuff after. So what makes one game better or worse than another? Well, quality of life, technology, pokedex, and music are pretty important.

Platinum is in this weird spot where it has all the old technology and lack of quality of life bullshit of the GBA games, but the games that immediately came out after felt like they were 10 years ahead of their time in comparison.

Now I didn't play these things when they came out so I have no bias, and since I played them all basically in the same month I can compare them directly and immediately while their fresh.

Anyway worst thing about Platinum was the pokedex. There are not a lot of pokemon to choose from, and even fewer types. In those 20 hours I can't remember bumping into 1 fire type, or a single electric type after the little blue guy, can't even remember his name because most of the Gen 4 mons sucked really bad in design.

That enough?
>>
>>28873647
Ehh it's not like they cared about trying to make X and Y good, they probably did it on purpose to make you buy the shitty remakes if you wanted to be competitively relvant
>>
>>28873216
For me it was the exact opposite.

Dropped BW2 and ORAS like hot turds after I beat them, but I still find myself coming back to Platinum all the time.
>>
>>28873682
>Anyway worst thing about Platinum was the pokedex. There are not a lot of pokemon to choose from, and even fewer types. In those 20 hours I can't remember bumping into 1 fire type, or a single electric type after the little blue guy, can't even remember his name because most of the Gen 4 mons sucked really bad in design.

Anon, platinum had the second largest dex when it came out.

5th overall currently
>>
>>28873601
I don't know why people care that much about compability i know it is pretty jew but after the release of a new game you should start using it as your main game and use the old one as the breeding machine.
>>
>>28873682
What if I liked the platinum mons?
>>
>>28873734
I want to be able to play my 40$ purchase a year after I bought it with the same level of utility as it was then

Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>28873682
>what is magmar
>what is camerupt
>what is magcargo
>what is rapidash
>what is houndoom
>what is torkoal
>what is magnezone
>what is raichu
>what is electivire
All in Platinum.
>>
>>28873682
>it has all the old technology and lack of quality of life bullshit of the GBA games, but the games that immediately came out after felt like they were 10 years ahead of their time in comparison

What did he men by this, people call gen 5 way to similar to gen 4 all the time?
>>
>>28873732
Sure but you don't naturally encounter the (at the time) largest pokedex. Consider if I really just wanted to finish the game I could have in like 13-15 hours. I took my time, I didn't try to do everything, but I enjoyed myself so to speak. Maybe there were a shitload of mons in the game but if most of them have to searched for tirelessly or encountered post-elite 4 what's the point? I did not naturally encounter a fire type, or an electric type after 1. How is that not problematic?

>>28873735
That's fine, some were quite nice, but I feel like the set overall was pretty weak. I thought all the evolutions they added to existing pokemon that were new in gen 4 were kind of neat. Like electivire or mime jr.
>>
>>28873682
So what you're saying is you didn't bother to explore anywhere at all and missed half the dex?
>>
>>28873216
Yes as the best Pokemon game it was very good
>>
>>28873785
In all the other pokemon games I've played, I naturally encountered a huge variety of types of pokemon. I didn't experience this in Platinum, and I'm not the first to have brought this up.
>>
File: Jeff Goldblum.gif (2MB, 390x205px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff Goldblum.gif
2MB, 390x205px
>>28873216
>It's another DPPt hate thread that will get 200+ replies episode
>>
>>28873781
>it's the game's fault I didn't explore

I bet you don't know what the feugo ironworks is
>>
>>28873816
When an outfit feels really tight or loose and looks bad, do you wear it again and again? You'd probably just wear it once right.
>>
>>28873839
That would like be looking at only a part of the outfit and saying no one should ever like this and going

"Why is it so bad?"
>>
>>28873781
I liked all of the regional dex, and I got a Magmortar thanks to BR, so I never had a problem. Also, Luxray and Honchkrow can beat the whole game alone.
>>
>>28873682
>Fire type
There's the Ponyta line, Houndour line, Magby line, Flareon.
>Electric
There's the Pichu line, Rotom, Jolteon, Magnemite, and Elekid line.

>>28873813
Nigga there's optional places like the Fuego Ironworks, and Wayward Cave (that house alot of pokemon) of which you need to find by exploring routes thoroughly. Your fault for not doing that.
>>
>>28873861
Don't forget Luxray
>>
>>28873813
You have to go out of your way to get good type variety in every gen before it too. They didn't start shoving variety in your face until BW, where each area focused on a few types and you saw everything without exploring optional areas.
>>
>>28873873
Yeah, but the guy I was responding to did mention "the little blue guy".
>>
>>28873873
Luxray is shit tbqh
>>28873781
>searched for tirelessly
I was a retarded teenager when Platinum came out and I had no problem finding these mons without consulting the internet. The locations are super obvious.
>>
>>28873861
Sure but you're missing the point that the OTHER GAMES DON'T MAKE YOU DO THIS. The other games naturally have a lot of pokemon. You don't have to go out of your way to find a fucking fire type or know something about the game you wouldn't know without a guide.

On that point since the game plays so slowly and has functionally Game Boy technology why would I sink 100 hours into uncovering all the Ponytas when I could a) start a new (better) pokemon game or b) start a (gasp) new video game.

Why isn't Platinum being held the same standards as the other games? If Gen 6 had this bad a natural pokedex you guys would never shut the fuck up about it.

Nevermind that, you guys don't even hold Pokemon games to the same standards as other video games. It's actually mind boggling.
>>
>>28873893
Ahh I assumed he was referring to Pachirisu being the blue guy
>>
>>28873907
>Sure but you're missing the point that the OTHER GAMES DON'T MAKE YOU DO THIS. The other games naturally have a lot of pokemon. You don't have to go out of your way to find a fucking fire type or know something about the game you wouldn't know without a guide.

Making the game harder is bad because....?

Also Hoenn did this with Ice types/ground types too you fag lord
>>
>>28873861
There's also Growlithe, Vulpix and Mareep, but you have to have gen 3 carts to get them through that shitty gimmick.
>>
>>28873732
>>28873785
I agree with him on this, I just replayed Platinum myself and you really don't get many Pokémon to choose from at all until you get past Eterna city, and Platinum paced it's gyms out really well so that's a big chunk of the game.
>>
>>28873924
Same with Unova with Pinwheel Forest

>>28873922
That was the worst
>>
>>28873907
>100 hours uncovering ponytas
What the fuck is route 210?
>>
>>28873907
Except ORAS did this
>>
>>28873907
>Without a guide
>Going to the Fuego Ironworks just requires you to check the region for surf spots once you get the Surf HM.
>An NPC mentions to you a hidden entrance to Wayward Cave, and you have to be blind to not see the main entrance while you're on the bridge in route 206.
>>
>>28873920
So bad quality of life features and unintuitive pokedex spread is difficulty to your twisted mind.

That's called fake difficulty, just like "fake content", yknow when you go to the gym, but the gym leader isn't there, so you have to go somewhere else and talk to him, then go back to the gym?

Pokemon games are as good at fake difficulty as they are with fake content it seems.

I should mow my lawn with scissors next time because it's more difficult than using a lawnmower.
>>
>>28873959
A lot of Pokemon games did this.
>>
>>28873968
Exactly, but he cited ORAS as a game he loved
>>
>>28873967
>unintuitive pokedex spread
please don't tell me you had problems filling your pokedex.
>>
>>28873967
>making you find pokemon is false difficulty

What did he mean by this

Well I can see why you like ORAS now, everything is literally out in the open for you
>>
>>28873967
Nigga just go into the tall grass there's Ponyta and Pachirisu in easily accessable areas early on.

It's not artificial difficulty or difficulty at all it's just room for exploration so the region isn't a straight line you fag
>>
>>28873924
There's plenty of variety before Eterna, it's just that most of it is shit like Hoothoot, Geodude and Wurmple. It's a lot like Johto in that a lot of the new mons are far too late in the game, although that's mostly because they're cross gen evos that don't belong in the early game.
>>
>>28873967
You didn't get the National Dex did you
>>
>>28873995
>implying ORAS didn't throw most non-Lati things out of the way too

They don't go HEY LOOK A DESERT/SHOAL CAVE, make tons of mons require backtracking throughout Hoenn, and Soaring could get you anything from just Xatu to fucking Larvesta.

If anything ORAS has the biggest case of Pokemon only being obtainable by optional exploration in the series.
>>
>>28873997
Why not explore Unova, why not explore Kalos or Hoenn?

This goes back to one of my very first points. Everyone pokemon game is functionally the same game. So what is good about Platinum. It has Game Boy technology and quality of life. It offers nothing the games that came after don't offer better. It's not being held the same standards at the other games and it's fucking horseshit.

It's actually adorable how you tribalist you guys becomes about gen this or gen that when it's almost the same fucking game.
>>
>read through this thread
>mfw sinnohfetuses are running wild lately
It will take a while before your remakes are here, faggots, leave
>>
>>28873682
Man, every Final Fantasy game is the same, all you do is get told where you have to go, meet the bad guy, get some items from some dungeons, find some new party members, beat the final boss, some bosses after
how repetitive
>>
>>28874018
If so it sounds like you should hate it like you do platinum

Also I was referring to Dex Nav having the pokemon cries for rare pokemon
>>
>>28874048
Give me a fucking break dude. No series of games has every reprinted itself the way Pokemon has. You would have to have brain damage not to see you're playing a reskin every generation.
>>
>>28874049
Should've said that I wasn't OP. Honestly OP is being a faggot that needs to go in tall grass more often.

You can't even call the "too many old mons early" card since most of the new mons show up quite fast.
>>
>>28874035
What does fucking ORAS offer, if all the fucking games are the same, what made this one worse, that it's newer? But not too New?

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO SAY, SITE THE QUALITIES OF LIFE
>>
>>28874057
Addendum: Game Freak has LITERALLY remade a different game 3 (THREE TIMES) in 15 years.
>>
>>28874035
>It has Game Boy technology and quality of life
You've said this a few times

What are you trying to say?
>>
>>28874063
his problem is that the game doesn't have enough good gimmicks i.e. pokemon following you in HG/SS

Platinum's "good gimmicks" are all post game stuff.
>>
>>28874117
Then what's the qualities of life shit of the older games?
>>
>>28874097
Pointing out hyprocrisy in regards to hating newer generations. But I've been on this website for 10 years now. It just seems to be the culture, hate on shit seemingly for no reason, be intensely tribalist about one thing or another. /mu/ was probably the best example of this shit but /vp/ is oh so close. I understand a lot of people on this board are young and want to "fit in" so good on them meming about. ORAS sucks xD. No it doesn't. Play all the pokemon games in the span in a month and you'll really see how far the series has come.

But nevermind me, sinnofetus this and genwunner that, yada yada.
>>
>>28874149
I would like to point out in regards to gen 6 changes, asides from Graphically which is already completely outclassed by SM (overworld wise), the game literally leaps backwards in content and effort and AI competence and Sets
>>
>>28874149
Maybe because we don't like being spoonfed. The game is actually for mentally challenged toddlers now.
>>
>>28874117
Platinum had good gimmicks, but most of them died when its online features were taken down. Co op battle frontier is still one of the best things in any Pokemon game. It also had following Pokemon, it was just a less complete version of it.
>>
>>28874290
The underground is still top teir
>>
>>28873432
I honestly feel one of the reasons I look back upon Gen IV so bitterly is that I never made the upgrade to Platinum when it released and just moved on after finishing D/P. The games just left a bad taste in my mouth despite the mechanic improvements.
>>
>>28874187
>leaps backwards in content
>Pokemon Amie, Super Training, Mega-evolutions, a berry farm dedicated to one area in XY, Dexnav, Areanav, Friend safari, trainer customization, Soaring, O-powers were added in gen 6.
Bull fucking shit. I know it doesn't have neat past things like the Battle Frontier or Following Pokemon, but gen 6 at least brought new things.
>>
>>28873216
>playing old games NOW when they were avaible and emulated fro free back then

gee i wonder if your opinion and reaction will not be biased at all when it comes in outdated gens and lacks of comfy mechanics
>>
>>28874330
I'm referring to the AI and movesets, and polish, story/dialogue and generally being a finished game

Hell they had one of the worst glitches in pokemon history that destroys your save if you attempt to save outside and exit in Lumious, the main attraction of the game that you have to visit 3 times

They would have had to recall the game if it wasn't on the 3ds costing a lot of money
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.