[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys name your character in ever game? I once tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

What do you guys name your character in ever game? I once tried to go with my real name and it looked wrong.
>tfw always go with the cartridge color now
>>
The first playthrough I go with my own name, other playthroughs I go with the canon name.
>>
>>28862639
Same here.
>>
I use my real name first but luckily I have a cool name, then I use nicknames or just coolish names. I tend to stay away from my real name if I'm playing a female character though
>>
>>28862625
I always play the male character and name him after myself first. Any subsequent play throughs after that I pick the female character and name her Gwen, which is what I'd name my hypothetical future daughter some day
>>
>cousins come over
>ask to trade and battle
>"Anon, why did you pick the girl"
>"and why is your name Elizabeth/Liza/Beth"
panic everytime
At least they don't notice my entire team is female, too.
>>
>>28862727
Oh shit anon, that is the name I'd use for my hypothetical future second daughter, good taste
>>
>>28862625
I'm really generic and just name them the canon names.
>>
>male
My own name
>female
Randomized until I get one that I like. i had a couple of names I used for female MCs but it got weird after I met people with that name. A friend's ex girlfriend, for example.
>>
File: 1474861494546.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1474861494546.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
I've always gone for a girl called Vivian, though I'm really starting to like the name Penelope.
>>
I rarely self insert in video games(Bethesda games are the exception), so I just go with their canon games.
>>
>>28862625
My name
>>
>>28862752
>Penelope.
>hey that's not ba-
>Her name has traditionally been associated with marital faithfulness,[1] and so it was with the Greeks and Romans, but some recent feminist readings offer a more ambiguous interpretation.[2]
into the trash it goes
>>
>>28862757
Canon names I mean, not canon games lmao
>>
>>28862752
>Penelope
Bad news. That name is blacklisted.
>>
>>28862749
Just thought about using the name Merle for my Moon MC.
>>
I use the canon name if I will use the boy, but if I use the girl I name her like my waifu, Anya.
>>
My own name. Always. Im not very creative with names, wich is the reason i dont nickname my pokemons.
>>
>>28862625
Always go for my name. I have a really cool name so it fits.
I don't play as a female character, ever.
>>
>>28862779
That sounds cute. I don't associate that name with anyone that would make it weird, so I might start usng it, too.
>>
>>28862649
>>28862812
"Cool names" HA!
>>
File: 1470257122571.png (240KB, 484x462px) Image search: [Google]
1470257122571.png
240KB, 484x462px
i like naming my character with russian or german names, like Adeline or Lyuba
>>28862779
>like my waifu, Anya.
from anya's ghost?
>>
>Male
Either my own name or the "color" of the game (Red, Gold, Diamond, etc).
>Female
It changes. My friends suggested I use the Japanese word for green (Midori) and I liked it.
>>
Whenever I play the boy, I use my own name. Been doing it since the beginning
Though when I play the girl, it's always a different name each time
>>
>>28862762
That doesn't even make any sense. Feminists feeling like it could be interpreted in a more ambiguous way makes you trash the whole name completely? Surely you can't be serious.
>>
>>28862768
What the fuck? In which meme language does that mean fag or some other shit again? Fucking stupid censorship.
>>
File: trainer.jpg (17KB, 228x433px) Image search: [Google]
trainer.jpg
17KB, 228x433px
>Yellow
Ash (it was my first Pokemon game and I was a young lad)

>GSC
Gold (even in Silver and Crystal)

>Ruby/Emerald
Landon, I didn't get the joke at first and just liked the name

>DPP
Lucas

>BW
Touya

I like the default names most of the time. It'd feel weird as hell using my own name.
>>
Ash
Ethan
Brendan
Lucas
Hilbert
Nate
Calem
>>
>>28862980
It contains "pene", means penis in a number of languages.
>>
muh name

but I name the rival the default name (Blue, Silver) when you get the option to name them because I've outgrown naming them Retard Faggot etc
>>
Always use my own name, even if I play as a girl
>>
File: parkison kun.png (60KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
parkison kun.png
60KB, 400x500px
>>28862625
I search for angel names or other ones that have a meaning associated with light, justice, etc.
>>
>>28863000
Trips used for the best option.
>>
>>28862625
Canon names take priority.

Failing that, I have a set name for either gender, for either Japanese or English language.

If that's not possible for some reason, then I'll randomize.

I consider using my own name a taboo though; doubt it will fit, save for some very specific setting.
>>
I just write whatever comes to my head first.
>>
File: sp3y.jpg (413KB, 1600x1998px) Image search: [Google]
sp3y.jpg
413KB, 1600x1998px
>>28862860
>>
I use whatever I feel like, but never my real name. In Gold and Heart Gold I always use "Max" though because that's what I always put as a kid. In Platinum I named her "Ann". In XY I named her "Suhrah". Playing Red++ now and named her Green like normal though. I'm playing ORAS too now but I don't have my 3ds with me so I don't remember my character's name.
>>
>>28862625
Red/Blue - Ash
Forgot what name I used on Gold
Ruby - Ayami
Diamond - Lucas (did not know it was the canon name)
HGSS - Jimmy
White - Wynn
White 2 - Rosa
X - Veronica
Moon - Still deciding. . .

I like knowing default names but sometimes I might have a preference to go with something else.
>>
I always use different names in each game. Both for variety's sake, and so I can easily tell from the OT which game a Pokémon came from.
>>
>>28862762
So... it's a bitch name?
>>
I've always used one of my middle names because my first name is too long, or at least used to be.

Nik/Nikole
>>
I always name the MC "Damien", which is my name.
>>
>>28862625
gen1: RED (m)
gen2: GOLD (m)
gen3: MYNAMEINALLCAPS (m)
gen4: Dawn or Myname (f)
gen5: Myname (m)
gen6: Myname & Mynickname (m)

also Myname/MYNAME or Lithium/LITHIUM in hacks
Lithium because it kinda follows the naming-characters-after-minerals from gen 2, 3 and 4, because my name starts with the third letter of the alphabet, my chair in chemistry class had [Li] on it and because there's Lithium in my antidepressants.
>>
File: 4129831263.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4129831263.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I often use Elvish names. I always play as the girl too, so they are quite pretty.
>tfw autisimal as fuck
>>
>>28862625
Either the canon name or names based on other characters of mine. No real reason for the latter other than just giving a name.
>>
I don't understand why people don't want to us their own name
the whole point of silent protagonists is to allow players to self insert into the game
I mean unless your name is Gaylord or Chadwick and you hate it lol
>>
>>28863373
It's cringy, just like your post.
>>
daddy
>>
who else types the name ALLCAPS to match the NPC names, pokemon names, place names, move names etc. in the dialog

BROCK, RATTATA, MT. MOON, SPLASH, etc.
I can't be the only one
>>
>>28863385
GAYLORD detected
>>
>>28862625
I just stick with my name.

Since my name is unisex I can use it for both the male and female protag which is nice.
>>
my name
also I never nickname my mons
>>
I always use my name and then if I feel like playing as the girl I use a feminine version of my name.

I usually do a pokemon playthrough with one of my friends so I always named the rival after whoever was playing through it with me.
>>
>>28862625
I go with my own name, transferring Pokemon to a newer game makes them feel like veterans.
but the male character in B2W2 was shit, so i picked rosa because her name was similar to my name
>>
>>28863425
Let me guess, Sam?
>>
I always play as the girl, using canon names except in DPPt because my mom's name is Dawn so I use Pearl. Starting with Y I use my name. The character customization really helps sell that the character is an avatar of you. I also have this >>28863425 which is nice.
>>
>>28863385
I bet you get your groceries delivered to you
>>
Same as OP. Was my name as a kid, went with version name from then on.
>>
>>28862625
I can't remember Ethan, RSE Brendan, Leaf, or Lyra at all, but otherwise...

Red: Ash, because I was a kid and kids are stupid
Kris: learnt her name early enough to keep it as Kris
May: Kaiko
Dawn: Nyamo (Diamond), Yukari (Platinum)
Hilda: Verdin
Hilbert: Touya
Rosa: Raimei (Had no idea her name actually was Mei at the time)
Calem: left it as Calem
Serena: reused Yukari
ORAS May: Haruka
ORAS Brendan: Gan

No idea where I'm going with Sun and Moon. Might reuse Verdin if I pick the girl, but I'll wait for their real names first.
>>
I can never come up with a good name for my character when I start a new play through so I either go with the official names or just think up off the most generic name possible.
>>
>>28862625
I always name it Destiny or DE if lazy.
>>
Either my real name or just the initials of my name and surname, R.G.

I can't be bothered to come up with original names.
>>
>>28862625
SCIENCE. Because SCIENCE.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.