[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>daily reminder that if you didn't complete pokemon reborn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 71

File: pokemon reborn.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon reborn.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>daily reminder that if you didn't complete pokemon reborn you are a complete pleb with no real training skills
>>
>>28835594
The story was edgy enough to prevent me from completing it.
>>
>>28835594

Looks like a game for edgelord faggots.
>>
>>28835621
>The story was edgy enough to prevent me from completing it.

You mean, it was too difficult for you?
>>
>>28835594
more like a daily reminder that OP will always be the biggest loser
>>
How many times does Oh My Arceus appear in this?
>>
>>28835693
Way too many
>That part of the game where you have to infiltrate the cult of Arceus to rescue that autistic girl who is about to be sacrificed by her dad
This game is a fucking mess.
>>
>>28835722
>Pokemon game with an actual adult plot instead of the usual childish stuff
>Actual adults hate it

Damn son
>>
Fuck the edgy story. Is it actually difficult?
>>
>>28835629
It is.
Let me list some of the things I remember:
>one of your rivals is a jerkass who hates you for no reason and is willing to let you die in a forest
>the other one is a pansexual Tumblrina
>autismo Gym Leader throws himself off a bridge because his daughter threw a tantrum
>edgy literal ghost Gym Leader
>monk Gym Leader gets her head chopped off by a Garchomp
>psycho doctor tortures kids "for their own good"
>machine turns Pokemon into eldritch abominations
>this too
>>28835722

>>28835756
To be honest, it is quite difficult. However the way of getting each Pokemon is absolute bullshit.
>>
>>28835756
It is but for the wrong reasons. The game has a lot of terrains that basically help the opposing teams making them incredibly strong, some bosses are basically "mega" forms of certain Pokemon that increase their stats by a shitload, and change their types on top of being benefited by said terrains and other bosses are shit like level 75 Arceus/Mewtwo while your mons are level 50.
Your pokemon selection is extremely limited, you rarely get tms and most of them are trash anyways.
>>
>>28835751
On a more serious topic I would genuinely love it if there was a Pokemon game revolved around being an officer of the law where you have a set of law enforcement pokemon, not just any pokemon you want.

>Stop people who sell unlicensed Pokemon
>Bust rare candy dealers
>Investigate multiple gangs and their illegal dealings.
>Rival is actually your partner who comes with you on the missions.

anyways enough of my edgelord autistic shit.
>>
>>28835751
It's almost like basement dwellers with zero previous experience on plot development and no theoretical knowledge of interactive story themes and flow are going to inevitably suck at making a good video game story.
>>
>>28835845
>you will never play Pokénoir
>>
>>28835807
>>28835822
So it's difficult not because the opponents have well thought out teams with the AI to utilize them, but because their Pokemon get stat boasts and fakemoves?
That doesn't sound like the type of difficult I enjoy, but I feel like playing it just to experience the edgy story. Wish me luck.
>>
>>28835948
Let us know how to beginning is, maybe I'll give it a try
>>
>>28835594
Wait, Pokemon Reborn finally was finished?

Finally, now I can experience the train wreck for myself!
>>
>>28835948
To be honest it's both.
It's really interesting and ou really have to use your brains on this one. It isn't just blatant grinding, there's actual strategy involved
>>
>>28835751
>Pokemon game with a typical teenager plot trying to appeal to adults
>actual adults hate it because it reeks of immaturity
FTFY
>>
>>28836009
I know it's very teen oriented but still it's better than most original pokemon plots.
At least it's different
>>
>>28835978
It wasn't
There's still like 8 gym badges left, assuming of course that no gym leaders get killed again.
>>
>>28835948
>>28835977
It should be worth mentioning that Pokemon won't obey you if they are past a certain level cap which is increased by getting badges. This is specially obnoxious since there's 18 badges and sometimes you can spend a lot of time without getting a badge and accidentally overleveling so you have to be edging on the limit all the time. That's the biggest flaw in the game.
>>
>>28835751

>2016
>Edgelords still trying to turn Pokemon into a grimdark realistic mess
>Can't life with the fact that the aesthetics of Pokemon has always and will forever be geared toward children
>>
>>28836051
How many of them have died ? I've forgotten most of the story (I need to revisit it).
>>
>>28835594
Fuck this game
>>
>>28836267
Poison and Fighting
>>
>>28836173
That is the thing I find the most annoying. Fuck, now I'll try it some other time.
>>
>>28836173
I'm pretty sure there was an item you can use on your pokemon to lower their level or something.
>>
>>28835594
Edgelord the game, the experience.

This isn't Pokémon, this is some Tumblrfag self masturbation fanfiction made into a game using Pokémon as a template.
>>
>>28835594
>daily reminder that if you didn't complete
Pretty sure the game isn't even finished yet.
>>
>>28836289
Oh yeah the guy that jumps of the edge and gets turned into a Gengar by Shade and the old one who's Medicham is thrown in a lava pool and she gets decapitated by a Garchomp. I'm remembering !
>>
>>28836023
i don't think you should say it's better, but rather less worse, and yes it's certainly different, but i wouldn't say in a good way, i would prefer it being an action base story rather than a drama one.
>>
I'm not interested in an edgy fangame but I'd play the fuck out of a really immature, puerile game full of stupid shit. I'm a man of simple tastes.
>>
>the first time you see the ghost type gym's portrait

I liked the game and all, but fuck me, I just sat and giggled for a minute.
>>
>>28835594
the last fanfic and fanmade games i have played were smogon and the unova region black and white fan project

it made me realize how shit fanmade games and hacks are
>>
>>28836392
I like it because it's actually difficult.
I love the original pokemon series but godamn... they are so fuckin easy
>>
>>28836363
Dude it's not better, it's honestly quite garbage filled with pace killers and stuff that make no sense just for shock value...
>>
File: CS35PMg[1].png (7KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
CS35PMg[1].png
7KB, 320x179px
>>28836372
let the bodies hit the floor
let the bodies hit the...
FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
>>28835594
What emulator do I need for this? GBA?
>>
>>28836426
I read that on a parakeet voice.

FLOOOOOOOOOOOR!
>>
Goddamn I gotta try this.

Fucking love edgy fangames/romhacks. The more tryhard the better.
>>
>>28836443
It's made on essentials I think so it's just an exe.
>>
>>28836426
It reminded me of the original Nuzlocke comics.
>>
>>28835594

So... everyone?
>>
>>28836443
You just download it, no need of emulation.
>>
>>28835751

Here's you're (You), now fuck off.
>>
>>28836173
So wait.

The game with an EDGY plot full of EDGY characters and EDGY events forces you to stay on the EDGE of the level cap if you want to advance?

I think the word "edge" just became nonsense to me.
>>
>>28835948

If you wanna play a game that actually has well thoughout teams and AI, play either Vega or Cuckold Emerald.
>>
>>28835650
He meant that he doesn't like Linkin Park
>>
>>28836423
What i mean was that if he was going to say that he liked the fanmade better than the official, he should say they're less worse since it's still bad.

Now i'm trying to find a video to see all of that hilarious edge but i don't want to go through a shitton load of playlist, someone know where i can find them?
>>
>>28836542
>Vega
The second gym leader had mons 10~ lvls above the wild pokemon and used mons with pretty competent moves while you were using ember.

The fluxuating difficulty was the biggest flaw of VEga.
>>
Why is it that every time someone makes a fangame of a lighthearted thing they can never fucking help themselves and make it an edgy cringefest?
>>
>>28836641
I'm playing Glazed right now, I'm enjoying the new region and all but god damn was that angry cursing Pikachu really necessary?
>>
>>28836641
Because people that played things when they where kids want to enjoy them as adults, they try to make it cooler but ultimately fail.

Also apparently every indie game designer apparently likes Linking Park and lives in their mom's basement.
>>
>>28836641
They want the thing to be cooler and deeper and more adult like that awesome fanfiction they envisioned in their head as kids.

It's essentially what happens when you actually bring your teenage fantasies to life.
>>
>>28836641
I like to think that it's because they like dark/serious/shocking stories but, assuming what they like is actually good, don't get the nuance of the stories and characters and just think that making it dark/serious/shocking will make it good.
>>
>>28836601

Blaze Black/Volt White (2) does the same thing and people praise that.
>>
>>28835845
>bust the Magikarp con man at Mt. Moon
>catch the Team Rocket goon who stole the Dig TM from the man in Cerulean
>Vice squad raids Celadon game corner
>Metal Gear Solid type steath to stop the hostage situation at Silph Co.
>Police chief threatens to take you off the force for being too harsh with suspects

that would be cool
>>
>>28836641
Gen 1 wasn't as lighthearted as you might like. It was strongly implied that the adult population had been all but decimated by a war in which Pokemon were used as living weapons. Gary's Raticate died a slow painful death aboard the S.S. Anne, as a result of wounds inflicted by the player. The very existence of Cubone is a result of people poaching Pokemon for profit.
Maybe it wasn't as razor-fuckingly tryhard as Reborn, but it wasn't a pile of cotton candy.
>>
>>28836848
>break up the bikers and skinheads intimidating cyclists on Cycling Road
>>
>>28836915
>Marowak was kill
>Pokemon Mansion was destroyed by Mewtwo after the scientists there tortured it to the brink of insanity with extremely unethical gene splicing experimentation
>>
>>28836915
Do you realize that all you are typing is nothing but fans trying to make their kid game look deeper while wearing tinfoil hats...

All you typed was overly exaggerated.
>>
>>28836948
>Red's dad is either a deadbeat or dead
>Blue's parents are kill leaving him to be raised by his sister and grandfather
>>
>>28835929
>Why live
>>
>>28836915
>>28836948
>>28836976
Jesus fuck.
You're exactly the type of person that makes romhacks like this.
>>
>>28836949
>GameFreak didn't spell it out in big letters, so everyone who reads into it is exaggerating

Yes, I worded my sentences in such a way as to provide emphasis. There is evidence to suggest every narrative I mentioned. Whether or not I "exaggerated" has no relevance to the veracity of the claims therein.
>>
If you haven't beat pokemon Wack yet, you're just bad at the game.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355978
>>
>>28836848
>bust the conman
>stop the rocket takeover of mt moon
>stop the nugget bridge scam
>bust the dig TM thief
>rescue a kidnapped man from pokemon tower
>find and infiltrate the rocket headquarters
>defuse the silph co. hostage situation
>stop the thugs patrolling cycling road
>investigate the pokemon mansion because of reports of burglary and unethical experimentation
this needs to happen
>>
>>28836848
Don't forget about that Rocket recruitment bridge. They're a real menace to the community
>>
>>28836915
>It was strongly implied that the adult population had been all but decimated by a war in which Pokemon were used as living weapons.

Yes, because there totally isn't plenty of rational adults running around to make sure things are fine. Oh wait, there totally is. Also you're basing this off of a single throwaway line from Lt. Surge.

>Gary's Raticate died a slow painful death aboard the S.S. Anne

Or he just boxed it because it was a Raticate and he could do better for a team. And I know your next line is "Then why was he at Pokemon Tower?" maybe looking for a replacement?

>The very existence of Cubone is a result of people poaching Pokemon for profit.

There's nothing in any of Cubone's dex entries that states it was directly created as a result of poaching, just that when the mother dies the baby wears it's skull around and cries a lot.

>>28836976
>Red's dad

Never brought up, pure fan conjecture.

>Blue's parents

See above. They could just be living in some other country and left him with his grandfather, the Pokemon Expert, since he wanted to Be the Best Like No One Ever Was (tm).

I'll give you the Mewtwo theory cause that's at least semi canon but everything else is just pure fanwank.
>>
>>28837106
Actually played this game, I'm at the Concentration Camp at the moment.
Its fucking hilarious. There's FOURTY fucking types, half of the new ones are completely redundant (the starters are Magma, Steam and Wood. Oddly enough, Magma is SE against Steam, Steam is SE against Wood and Wood is SE against Magma)
There's two evil teams. One is literally Nazis and the other is conspiracy theory Jews.

Funny enough, the game is actual VERY hard at parts that I got completely raped in. The first gym has a fucking Snow Warning Snover with Wood Hammer, and his second pokemon has Ice Body.
Another part that fucked my shit up was the fourth gym, there's a frankenstein fakemon that has Regenerator and the gym leader keeps sending him out to spam both Volt Switch and U-turn. But there's something bizarre that only affects him; when he switches out, the pokemon's item that he's switching to activates on him (they all have Sitrus berries or leftovers) and his life orb damages the pokemon he switches to. And all his other pokemon have Toxic and Venoshock/Venom Drip.
>>
File: This is NOT okay.png (10KB, 240x301px) Image search: [Google]
This is NOT okay.png
10KB, 240x301px
>>28837278
>40 types
>>
>>28837311
Oh shit I fucked up, turns out there's actually fourty two types in the newest update. Not sure what the new ones are.
>>
>>28837074
Okay, by that logic the fact that starters are exceedingly rare and are mostly male means that most of the females were killed in a massive orgy gone wrong. What's wrong? There's evidence, so it has to be true!
>>
>>28837435
What are all of them
>>
That game is pretty hard(Screw Fern first encounter and the desert gym leader in early game).Hated the Tumblr gender and sexuality preaching bullshit so much.Still waiting for the next part.
>>
>>28837552
I don't remember all of them, but I'll list the ones I remember.
There's all the original types and:
Magma
Steam
Wood
Magic
Tech
Zombie
Paper
Plastic
Rubber
Food
Divine
Chaos
Fabric
Cyber
Virus
Fear
Cosmic
Nuclear
>>
>>28835594
Is the Magikarp quest finally complete?
>>
>>28837622
Oh yeah, I remembered the other three:
Light, Sound and Glass.
Funny that I forgot two of the most common fake types, kek.

Also I just found one of the two new types when I caught Celebi: Time. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be any other pokemon with this type, but I have no way of knowing I haven't got to the 8th gym yet.
>>
>>28837557
Pretty much this. I will give the game credit for actually challenging me, even if it was mainly because of those bullcrap fields. The fire gym in particular is bullshit given physical form. That said. whenever a new version comes out I will play it simply because we've already past the point where the edge reaches stupid and they just went going, and I want to see how much worse it will get.

>Hated the Tumblr gender and sexuality preaching bullshit so much

"Hey I know we're trying to save a friend of ours from being sacrified to a possibly evil god but lets take a minute to talk about non-binary individuals." Granted it doesn't come up past that but it's still really jarring.

>>28837639
I don't think so. As far as I know it doesn't lead to anything yet. I don't know what Ame's problem is with some Pokemon, sometimes I feel like she just moves things around at random instead of "balance".
>>
>>28835594
I tried to beat it years ago, but got stuck on the stupid Ice gym leader that had snow cloak and shit. I then restarted, but with how much progress I made before combine with the rediculous lag, I gave up.
>>
File: card.jpg (47KB, 515x384px) Image search: [Google]
card.jpg
47KB, 515x384px
Reborn is a very unique experience, to say the least. I played it while sharing screenshots with friends, so I can show you all some of the more bizarre parts of the game. Pic related is all of the badges you can get as of the latest version.

>>28837639
No. For those of you who don't know, one of the first sidequests you could do involved buying a Magikarp egg. In previous versions, you actually got the egg but now when you buy it it just gets stolen repeatedly until a point in the story that is as of now still unimplemented, because "Gyarados is too strong."
>>
>>28837727
Wait, is the Magikarp quest that one "rare Pokémon" that you can buy in like the first Pokécenter? I just started, and I can't say I'm too happy about the Pokémon selection so far (Finneon, Caterpie, and Wurmple).
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (720KB, 520x5376px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
720KB, 520x5376px
>>28837727
>>
>>28837710
>do the ice gym
>rage because her field is complete bullshit and luck-based
>actually read the manual on field effects
>find a very glaring, and easy to manipulate flaw in the field
>fight becomes a cake-walk

I wasn't sure if I should be angry or impressed at such a weird way of figuring out how to beat a gym.
>>
>>28837785
What did you do? Different weather?
>>
File: whyyy.png (3MB, 520x6640px)
whyyy.png
3MB, 520x6640px
>>28837757
Yes, the "rare pokemon" is a Magikarp.

>>28837773
>>
>>28837757
It is, or rather it's supposed to be. Also get used to that feeling. You get a lot of shitmons early on and just have to work with it. It's one thing I actually like about the game, even if the dev is deathly afraid of anything even close to OU.

>>28837785
Did you do the Hyper Voice trick too?
>>
File: image.png (328KB, 800x445px)
image.png
328KB, 800x445px
>>28837773
>>28837803
Are you trying to mess with me or is this something, someone actually thought was a good idea? Holy fuck
>>
>>28837757
Yes, even though the games at a point where having a gyrados wouldn't be game breaking. I think Sawk is much more of a crutch.

For the begining, you can find a variety of rare pokemon around the city depending on the weather (look it up if you're interested). If you just want to power through the first gym and get a better selection, just get the kricketune in one of the buildings.
>>
>>28835948
No, man. Why would you think that? They don't have fakemoves. Most of the problem you face is the level cap which stops you from overlevelling

It is actually fun. The difficulty and stuff. Leaders cover their weaknesses and stuff, you feel you actually earned your victory and powerful pokemon
>>
File: 1462208183584.jpg (212KB, 723x597px) Image search: [Google]
1462208183584.jpg
212KB, 723x597px
>>28837803
>out of place feminist preaching
The more I see the more curious I become.
>>
>>28837836
I remember that. Kricketune steamrolled the first two gyms, then just went down the shitter.
>>
>>28837801
>>28837808
If you use boomburst, bulldoze, or earthquake, the entire field disappears and both pokemon take half health. You can catch a wild graveller that knows bulldoze off the bat and combined with sturdy, you're guranteed to break the field and half the health of her lead. The rest of her ice team is pretty easy without the field.
>>
>>28837803
>feminism in pokemon game
this is why Japan has to make the games
>>
>>28835594
I can feel the edge cutting my wrists from here.
>>
File: why.jpg (53KB, 518x415px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
53KB, 518x415px
>>28837803
This is Fern, one of your 3 rivals. He hates you for ***no reason.***

Here, you fall in a trap placed by a bunch of Nuzleaf and then Fern finds you. If you say no, he just walks away. If you say yes he laughs and walks away. Either way you have to wait 10 real minutes for one of the Team Meteor admins to free you instead.
>>
>>28837803

You gotta remember, this game is directly made by tumblrites, so this kind of thing should really be expected. It's a damn shame, since there's actually a lot of decent gameplay ideas here, but it's sadly expected.
>>
>>28837803
Jesus christ, Emmeline Pankhurst would find this revolting.
>>
>>28837898
Not 10 minutes. In my replay it was less than 3.

Also, nothing wrong with Fern. There are people that are dicks with everyone for no reason. Makes more sense to be more people like him than people that are authomatically your best friend or the personification of libido that is your rival.

However, those DO exist as well and aren't exactly uncommon
>>
>>28837898
Oh cmon, you don't have to sugar coat it. Just say his title for the entire thread to see. Swag Jockey. Or how he sells out literally everyone important in his life because "they're strong and you're not, lol".

Fern is just one big ball of hatred that has no reason for said hatred other than the plot says so. I think he's supposed to be an analog to smogon players because of some of his comments but don't quote me on that.
>>
File: bugsy.png (1MB, 514x3453px) Image search: [Google]
bugsy.png
1MB, 514x3453px
>>28837880
>>28837824
You haven't seen anything yet

This is Shelly, the 3rd gym leader who specializes in Bug types and double battles.
>>
>>28837898
This really pissed me off. Why does he hate me so much? What the fuck did I do to get his hate? Does he have a traumatic past? Or is he just a sociopathic jerk who just happens to dislike me as much as he dislikes his robot sister?
>>
>>28837946
Oh hey, brocons.
>>
>>28837946
That one I got no arguments to defend nor anything.

>>28837969
Either just a jerk orrr... many characters talk about how there was something that happened to his sister in the past. Maybe something related to it? Not like anyone cares
>>
>>28837946
>Bugsy is now a terrible brother

It's not enough that we gotta make all these other characters edgy as hell, lets make even the main series characters more assholish because that's what they needed

>>28837969
At this point, we have no idea. Clearly it's not just you, though, as he's equally a dick to everyone. They're gonna try to pull the "he's just sad and lonely" card but by this point it won't even matter, he's done enough crap to permanently ruin what chance of redemption he might get.
>>
>>28837994
To be honest, I found pretty autistic that she believes she will be perfect if she dumps her feelings (not that it's psychologically possible).
But again this game is all about the edge.
>>
File: black doesn't understand.jpg (57KB, 520x523px) Image search: [Google]
black doesn't understand.jpg
57KB, 520x523px
>>28837946
...But why Bugsy? Why not choose a gym leader who's actually an asshole, like Clair? Or Volkner? No seriously, this doesn't even make sense, who the fuck pretends that their "sibling doesn't exist" for no reason? Is this supposed to be some kind of meta-commentary on shitty OCs that are supposed to be related to a main character but are never brought up within the source material? Why am I wasting my time trying to explain this crap when it's clearly just what some 15 year old thought would "provocative"?
>>
>>28837785
Yeah, field-effects are kind of easy to circunvent once we read about them. Most of the times.

>>28838029
Not exactly about the edge, more about whoever was the reclusive girl whose OC she was from. Seems like original Reborn was a league and the sixteen players that composed the gym leaders (and also who created/served as basis of leader themselves) came over to the game either as leaders or other characters.

Same applies to those who managed to beat the entire league. You beat it, you get a character or something like that. Wonder who was the edgylord who made Shade though
>>
File: rival.jpg (37KB, 513x382px) Image search: [Google]
rival.jpg
37KB, 513x382px
>>28837939
>Locks you out of the 2nd gym because you're a loser, despite saving him from a PULSE Tangrowth literally a screen ago.
>Starts his League journey just to prove he's better than you, despite technically already being a gym leader
>Beats you to gyms that only the player could have been able to reach
>Joins Team Meteor because they're the "winning team," despite no evidence proving such a claim
Anon...
>>
>>28838084
So this means the real Corey actually became an hero?
>>
File: tangrowth.jpg (51KB, 519x415px) Image search: [Google]
tangrowth.jpg
51KB, 519x415px
>>28838104
Speaking of PULSE Tangrowth...
>>
>>28838104
Meh, know worse people. They kinda became better people as time passed though.

>>28838132
It means whoever Corey is, he was either related to one of those guys, knew one of them, or beat the entire league.

Corey is one of the characters based off real people. Only ones who aren't are the Meteor admins, that were based in roleplaying personas... this actually kind of explains a lot
>>
>>28838150
I think the most disturbing one was PULSE Swalot.
>>
>>28838150
H-Hentai!
>>
>>28838054
Because it's all the more shocking and interesting when people you thought were good turn out to be bad/assholes all along
>>
>>28835594
Or just someone who doesn't have shit taste in games.
>>
just looking at the character designs and what they say for their trademark phrase... It's all worthy of a cringethread
>>
>>28838214
Then why not someone nice and not just have the most average and plain gym leader out there
>>
>>28838132
I read up on this once. They're all based on real people and the shit that happens to them in game is based on real life events.

I think the corey guy at the very least tried to kill himself and was in someway related to dragon daughter, and the fighting type leader actually died of illness.
>>
>>28838252
Because
>What You Don't Know About X Will Shock You
and clearly you were surprised by this revelation about Bugsy, so the writer(s) did their job :^)
>>
>>28838257
Probs that or something. The admins like lvl 75 Garchomp guy are based on roleplays though

Whatever, got Corey's Croagunk after he died
>>
File: can you not.jpg (47KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
can you not.jpg
47KB, 512x382px
>>28838150
And this is what I mean by Fern being places he can't logically have gotten to first. This place was locked by a key that only Cain, one of your other rivals, has.
>>
>>28838283
He does say he got a key from Cain beforehand. You know, the only reason we know Cain has a key is because Fern said he had?
>>
File: ugghh.jpg (55KB, 518x390px) Image search: [Google]
ugghh.jpg
55KB, 518x390px
>>28838283
>>28838281
Speaking of Lv. 75 Garchomp...

Luckily you're supposed to lose here but that doesn't make it any less nonsense. And nothing changes if you win.
>>
File: tina.png (843KB, 521x1530px) Image search: [Google]
tina.png
843KB, 521x1530px
>>28838306
Oh, didn't see that.
>>
File: so edgy, it's round.png (25KB, 404x220px) Image search: [Google]
so edgy, it's round.png
25KB, 404x220px
Please tell me this is supposed to be ironic or something.
>>
>>28838324
Supposedly there is a true end or something or victory changes something in the long run.

I kinda liked when they put him there. I dunno why, though
>>
At first I wasn't sure this was the same game, but now I know it is and I just wanted to paste this from an anon who played through around when it first came out
>there are mary sues, I mean legit mary sues as in based off the creator and her friends
>the first encounter with the boss (but not the real boss) is a force lose
>some gym leader commits suicide because his angsty daughter (who has a fucking salamence for some reason) was a cunt.
>she literally altered the core pokemon formula to incoporate her friends meaning your pokemon are 60+ by like the 4th gym and even then your pokemon will stop listening to you because you're too overleveled for her shit NPCs meaning you have to nerf your pokemon so it'll be more "epic".
>everything is edgy as fuck, there's literally a sasuke clone.
>minority characters are so poorly written that your homosexual rival's first lines to you was him telling you he was a inuendo spitting homosexual
>as a possibly earth shattering event is unfolding they legit have a character give you a tutorial on gender and pronouns. OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE because the creator is just that shit at writing.
>items are locked away from you because artificial difficulty is the only way I can make the game challenging! :)
>the plots fucking retarded.
>I cheesed a level 100 arceus with a swampert's bide
>I chessed pretty much the entire game with a swampert's bide
>hurr give the gym leader pokemon that are unbeatable by everything but one specific strategy. Hope you have a ground type or else you're not beating the first gym. What's that? you don't want to run a weather team/counter weather team? have fun trying to hit that froslass faggot.
>>
File: 752.jpg (36KB, 513x381px) Image search: [Google]
752.jpg
36KB, 513x381px
>>28838346
Skipping WAY ahead in the story since I didn't take many interesting screenshots before then, PULSE Abra.
>>
>>28838418
About 1/5 of that is exagerantion, but the rest is on point.

Still was fun. I liked the difficulty
>>
Speaking of hacks, are there people who achieved (wild) triple battles?
>>
>>28838469
Why dont you ask if someone managed to kill a god already?
>>
File: a wild waifu.jpg (64KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
a wild waifu.jpg
64KB, 512x386px
>>28838438
>>
File: 91y1mqw.png (88KB, 964x630px) Image search: [Google]
91y1mqw.png
88KB, 964x630px
Supposedly, you can rebuild the city or somethign in the next update.
>>
>>28838528
What is it? Never got your cock sucked by a pokemon before?
>>
File: yeesh.png (710KB, 514x1797px) Image search: [Google]
yeesh.png
710KB, 514x1797px
Context for this is Team Meteor tried to raid a house so you and a few gym leaders and an E4 member have to defend it. A bunch of Team Meteor grunts ended up dying.

>>28838552
>Blue water
I'm honestly very excited for E16.
>>
Okay so everyone keeps saying that this game has forced difficulty, but I feel I were to make a romhack, what's would natural difficulty look like to you?
>>
>>28838649
Doesnt seem forced to me. I mean, would be better if we had better AI, but it's not like we can make computers replicate humans.
>>
I like the shiny recolors. most involving grey, blood red, and black. definitely can't get enought of that.
>>
File: 50 shades.png (315KB, 516x694px) Image search: [Google]
50 shades.png
315KB, 516x694px
>>28838630
In Route 1, you have to ride Tauros to get around. There are also a bunch of Miltank that you can feed Oran Berries for milk. Each Miltank you interact with while riding a Tauros gives a different message.
>>
File: senpai.png (332KB, 516x572px) Image search: [Google]
senpai.png
332KB, 516x572px
>>28838748
>>
>>28838784
At this point in the game, an Arceus priest that is also a member of Team Meteor has kidnapped the talking Gardevoir and Player Character and friends have to save her.
>>
File: giovanni_facepalm.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
giovanni_facepalm.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>28838748
>50 Shades of Bull
>Miltank-Senpai
>>
>>28838552
>when you climb up stairs you first run all the way to the right hand bannister

>>28837803
>tumblr faggot tries to pander to women:
>women have sold their strength like whores
It's the best
>>
>>28838847
Goddammit Tumblr
>>
File: [Infinite Screaming].jpg (50KB, 511x386px) Image search: [Google]
[Infinite Screaming].jpg
50KB, 511x386px
>>28838847
It's later revealed that the kidnapped Gardevoir was actually a Ditto, the door Team Meteor is trying to open is guarding Arceus's egg, and somehow ambient Arceus energy in the area allows Dittos to become Arceuses.
>>
>>28838847
Well, at least the character doesn't fly off their rocker in rage at this Cain character asking, so that's like 1 point out of 100. Also, if he's confused by him saying neither, how does he know those alternate pronouns?
>>
File: 1472033850887.jpg (37KB, 559x404px) Image search: [Google]
1472033850887.jpg
37KB, 559x404px
>>28836234
Nah, see, I'm gonna disagree with you. If handled well then an attempt to make Pokemon more mature and more realistic would be a great change of pace.

The only issue is when something becomes edgy for the sake of shock value it becomes unrealistic. I mean, look at this shit >>28835807

I'd honestly rather a story about some guy trying to earn money from battling to help put food on the table for him and his kid, who gets caught up in some big scheme of whatever villain team because he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some poor schmuck who became a dad way too young but works hard to make a living with the one talent he has.

Kinda cheesy and cliche, but better than the average MACHEWER POKYMAN STORI 4 MACHEWER GAYMERS! like this or Uranium.
>>
OP tricked you all into playing his unbalanced cringe nightmare and is now getting a lets play out of it.
>>
File: useful.jpg (39KB, 514x381px) Image search: [Google]
useful.jpg
39KB, 514x381px
As a side note, some gym leaders nickname their pokemon. This is the problem with that.
>>
File: villager.jpg (23KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
villager.jpg
23KB, 312x312px
>>28838960
>It's later revealed that the kidnapped Gardevoir was actually a Ditto, the door Team Meteor is trying to open is guarding Arceus's egg, and somehow ambient Arceus energy in the area allows Dittos to become Arceuses.
This is beyond retarted. Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>28838972
I honestly just think that pokemon themselves aren't nearly grimy enough designs to pull serious stuff off. Everything looks like a cartoon. If you go for someone tied up in a scheme of evil and your lead is a wigglytuff things lose their emotional weight. The aesthetic is just so much better suited to a casual superhero plotline.
>>
File: gardevoir.png (779KB, 521x2347px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir.png
779KB, 521x2347px
>>28839042
Oh and I forgot to post this from much earlier in the game. The talking Gardevoir is the Reborn region's news reporter.
>>
>>28839042
I swear that is the only reason Luna was hard. By this point you have access to actually good mons, so most fights aren't really challenging. Not being able to see what your opponent is switching in to, however, is honestly a great gimmick and a more powerful one than her actual field.
>>
>>28839098
Oh god the romance anime hijinks
It hurts
>>
>>28839042
>>28839102
So it's basically just forced set mode. That's not really a big deal imo.
>>
>>28839128
It's really not but it's still a better gimmick than her field which is pretty bland, especially coming right after "CHESS NOW WITH POKEMON". Luna's just not a very good leader.
>>
>>28835751
>adult plot
You mean edgy plot written by an autistic 16 year old trying to be grimdark as fuck?
I wouldn't mind a Pokemon game with a more "adult" plot as you put it, but this game is not that. "Oh my arceus" God I've never cringed so hard.
>>
File: what.jpg (36KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
36KB, 510x383px
>>28839042
Oh and forgot to mention, the pokemon was a Sableye.

Oh and also a quote from Cutman since he's one of the more questionable characters in Reborn.
>>
And to think this is somehow looking better than Sun and Moon.

At least Reborn still has gyms.
>>
File: missingmaybe.jpg (54KB, 512x385px) Image search: [Google]
missingmaybe.jpg
54KB, 512x385px
One sidequest involves jacking into a computer to get rid of some viruses, which turn out to be Missingno. The field effect makes the game follow Gen 1 mechanics.
>>
>>28839323
>The field effect makes the game follow Gen 1 mechanics.

this is actually cool.
>>
Sweet lord every image and caption makes this game worse one pic at a time...
>>
File: dragoni.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
dragoni.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
As cringey as this game seems, I just finished LISA and this seems like it's going to be the closest thing to it so here goes.
>>
>>28835594
One of, if not the worst fangame available.
And even if we include romhacks, only snakewood is worse.
>>
>>28839266
Here's you (You). One GTFO faggot
>>
>>28839352
Yeah, we kinda have to face-off against a gym leader in that field too. Luckily, it wasn't the psychic gym, because psychic is OP in that generation. It even has imunity to ghost
>>
>>28839266
someone post the Wishiwashi bait picture
>>
>>28839441
Here's you (You). One GTFO faggot
>>
IS THERE AN ACTUAL ROMHACK WITH A GOOD STORY AND DIALOGUE?
>>
I'm surprised nobody has posted nothing about the absolute worst character in the game yet
Terra
>>
File: hammer.jpg (70KB, 514x386px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
70KB, 514x386px
And now for my feature presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF5o8Ofduko
>>
File: bait wishiwashi school.png (2KB, 104x104px) Image search: [Google]
bait wishiwashi school.png
2KB, 104x104px
>>28839266
>>28839461
>>
>>28839479
no.
There is no fan creation, be it romhack or fangame, that has a good story.
You best be looking for gameplay when looking at fan creations.
>>
File: red.jpg (47KB, 513x383px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
47KB, 513x383px
>>28839487
Yeah I was just going to. Screenshots aren't enough for her.
>>
>>28839487
>>28839484

Now, I will defend a LOT of things about this game, even things that some people would disagree on.

Terra is not one of them. Just remembering she exists gives me headaches.
>>
File: 1416887693730.gif (1MB, 480x270px)
1416887693730.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>28839484
>>28839487
>two seconds later
Wew laddie.
>>
The worst part is, Reborn is on the good side of the scale of fangames.

I'm not joking, you guys ever seen the story in Insurgence? It SUCKS. Dialogue SUCKS that bad.

You ever played Pokemon Full Moon? YOU CAN ACTUALLY FEEL YOUR NEURONES BURN WHILE PLAYING IT
>>
>>28839484
>>28839487
My biggest question: Am I supposed to like her(?) because she's LE QUIRKY or am I supposed to be annoyed by her?
>>
>>28839559
You best be talking exclusively about story here.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (59KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
59KB, 512x384px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gpgn5ZNGA>>28839525
>>
>>28839562
She is kind of a hit-and-miss.

I like her tho. I also understand why anyone else wouldnt
>>
File: Banana Slamma.png (334KB, 553x453px)
Banana Slamma.png
334KB, 553x453px
>>28835594
>playing fangames
>>
>>28839562
Considering all the characters in game dislike her I'm pretty sure you're supposed to find her annoying. I don't even know why she's in the game, I know the gym leaders are based on people from the Reborn forums but I genuinely doubt anyone who acts this retarded won't get instabanned from any place.
>>
>>28839562
I think it's a mix of both. Literally no one in the plot understands her at all and the reactions of even her close friends is usually what you feel when you first meet her. And then she turns traitor for no reason at all and is never heard from again, the end.

>>28839559
>You ever played Pokemon Full Moon? YOU CAN ACTUALLY FEEL YOUR NEURONES BURN WHILE PLAYING IT

Alright you have my attention.

>>28839585
Considering the reborn forums are at a level close to tumblr, Pokecommunity and reddit combined, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Terra that actually exists on the forums somewhere. I'm pretty sure all of the characters come from an RP session though.
>>
>>28839569
I'm focusing more on story yes. Insurgence has some nifty ideas and cool things like the HM replacements. Deltas are cool to replace Alolan forms till they come and some megas are nice (like Mega-Flygon).

But, I'm more interested in difficulty, so, for me, FOR ME, I prefer Reborn. I understand someone prefering Insurgency's gameplay over it, though. It's quite cool.
>>
>>28839562
She is pretty much scrappy doo, a character designed to be likeable yet it somehow manages to find a way to become annoying whenever it gets screentime.
>>
I'm going to be honest here and say that although /vp/ has been rational about some things, there are many others things that have raised my eyebrows.

I'm getting the vibe that this is actually a pretty interesting game and not meant to be taken seriously. I'm sure much of this edgy shit is self-aware. I guess I'll see for myself.
>>
>>28839571
>>28839525
Oops, meant to say I actually do like Reborn but it's just that it's fun to share the more questionable parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwD-UC1M4n8

And that's the end of this dump. I don't have anything else interesting from Reborn.
>>
I played this game for vp a while ago now.

Got stuck on the normal gym leader of all things because the level curve decided to just ramp the fuck up out of nowhere.
>>
>>28839613
Yeah, I get what you mean, while Insurgence is hard when compared to official games, its more tame in the fan creation world.
Is Reborn any better than Rejuvenation? I heard Reju was based on Reborn, and I really didn't care for it, so I was put off of Reborn.
>>
>>28839633
Don't, it's time consuming and not rewarding at all, the decking and pace of stuff is worse than DP+BW worst factors combined.
>>
>>28838847
You know what the best/worst part of this is?
You can choose a non-binary character at the beginning. That's not the problem, that's usually just a nice touch that doesn't require much effort.
The problem is Cain STILL hits on you as the NB character. Cain KNOWS your character is nonbinary.
CAIN STILL GOES THROUGH THIS CONVERSATION.
>>
File: dzuwCEz.png (40KB, 515x386px) Image search: [Google]
dzuwCEz.png
40KB, 515x386px
This is a plot pivotal moment in the game btw
>>
>>28839606
Ok, Pokemon Full Moon is what happens when you put a Twilight fan to write a fanfic while also ripping off the sprites of a bunch other fangames and pasting them in it (together with music) and go on with it.

Your character is not a mute protag, it's authomatically a girl named Luna, who is, by all intents and purposes, in ALL HER FUCKING ACTIONS, a genuine Mary Sue.

Hell, you think Im joking, but I'm not. I actually liked Reborn while knowing its faults. I liked Rejuvenatino, I'm currently playing Insurgence.

But Full Moon ACTUALLY SUCKS! All it has to it is art. DONE! Look at a five-minute playthrough and you will understand. You... hell, it actually sumarizes the entirety of what this game has been on me. C'mon, go till the part in the beginning she flies off a Dragonite. You will understand everything
>>
>>28839495
thanks
>>
>>28836848
THIS NEEDS TO BE A GAME
WE NEED TO DO THIS
COPYRIGHTS BE DAMNED
Pokemon meets NYPD Blue, Dragnet, and Dirty Harry
>>
>>28835650
No, it's just that it's edgier than Colosseum and XD combined.
>>
>>28839671
Rejuvenation has a bunch of rip-offs, but builds ona different story... I... I actually prefer Rejuvenation's story over Reborn.

I'm not joking, there are rip-offs in it's entirety, but I actually liked what the game threw into me and it's difficulty, at normal mode thats supposed to be ''Reborn-level'' is actually more difficult, but sometimes for the wrong reasons, like bullshit fields taken up to eleven.

What I seek more ina fangame before everything else is the difficulty. Story is an addition and stuff, but I went to Rejuvenation for a challenge and... I wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>28839633
It's actually cool. Nice to play one with higher difficulty and the story, even with its setbacks were refreshing. Sure, I will complain a lot about it, but the game was fun when I went through it. I think I had more fan than in an official game.

Had some pretty bullshit moments and tumblr moments, but it was satisfying.

4 pokemon of mine down, opponent throws the last one! My 5th faints in the hit and I throw my last, everything depending on this one here, a mistake can cost everything.

You... you FEEL the victory was earned in this. The challenge, man. I know its jsut me, but I liked this stuff
>>
>>28837110
>battle Red to stop him from interfering with the police investigation
>Red is out of useable Pokemon!
>Red was arrested!
>You have the right to remain silent
>Red: ..........
>>
>>28839752
Oh no, I'm not there for the story either.
Its just I never liked the method of making difficulty due to restriction of available pokemon, instead preferring creative enemy teams and smart AI. The restriction of pokemon in Rejuvenation is what killed it for me.
>>
>>28839676
Its nonbinary, not asexual. That aside, Cain would hit a rock if you put make-up on it. Nothing unusual in it
>>
>>28839841
Yeah, I understand. Someitmes I wish I could use my normal team and stuff in those games.
>>
>>28835594
I made it to the chapter where they lectured me on pronouns then I stopped, never to finish.
>>
>>28839878
Casual
>>
>>28839835
HA
>>
>>28839878
Already had to go through that bullshit IRL with non-binary attentionfags. Nothing new in it nor anything I could care.
>>
>>28837110
>Manhunt for Giovanni after he disappears from the Viridian gym

GUYS THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN
THERE'S SO MANY POSSIBILITIES FOR POKECRIMES TO INVESTIGATE IN GEN 1 AND 2 ALONE

>theft of a starter pokemon by Silver from Elm's lab
>bust Slowpoke tail dealers
>kick out the Super Nerds loitering and harassing people in the Goldenrod underground
>get the Rocket goons extorting people at the Lake of Rage gate
>go after the Rocket hideout in Mahogany town
>Hostages in the Radio Tower
>>
The thing that Reborn writers needed to realize about making a Pokemon game with more adult themes is moderation is key. The concepts they were going for would have worked perfectly if some of the dialogue was simplified and didn't sound like a tumblr blog. Their ideas were fine and even welcome, but the execution fell flat.

Furthermore, why do romhacks always get difficulty wrong? I just want NPCs with Pokemon that have competitive movesets and abilities. I don't want Bugcatcher Ned to have an Excadrill with 252 ATK and a fanmade move that boosts his speed by two every turn.
>>
>>28839995
Didnt see any fanmade moves in Reborn though
>>
>>28839562
I thought when she took you to that gen 1 styled place was kinda cool/mildly fitting.
>>
what Pokemon would the police have?
there's 2 cops on the outskirts of Goldenrod in Crystal that have Growlithe
but what other mons would be suitable for police work?
>>
>>28839696
>forced OC main character
>forced starter
>jarring romance plot jammed in

It's like the creator didn't want people to have fun with this.
>>
>>28840049
Anon, I'm sorry for making you watch that
>>
File: Officer_Jenny.png (64KB, 220x224px) Image search: [Google]
Officer_Jenny.png
64KB, 220x224px
>>28840043
hnnggh Officer Jenny
>>
>>28839752
I didn;t like the way REju handled the fields. I remember the ghost field had this effect which weakened dark type moves and the little explaination was ''the ghosts repelled the attack...''

It felt kinda cheap. Reborn actually had practical excuses when a field effect did something. Some of the effects in this game just felt half-assed in an attempt to simply give the gym leader a bigger advantage.

The ghost gym also had normal types take damage from ghost type moves for no reason which pissed me off more than I expected.
>>
>>28840144
Yeah, thats part of the bullshit up to eleven I was talking about. It gets worse later; in the ghost field we can actually turn it in a Holy Field and reck everything. Later on the effects get really nasty and there is no way to circunvent the field
>>
>>28840049
>at a later point in the game they shoehorn another romance plot
>it's between a 15 year old girl and the main protag's bf's younger brother
>it's "implied" that the 15-year-old girl loses her virginity after you beat the first gym leader
o i am laffin

Is there anything in this plot that isn't fucking retarded?
>>
>>28839559
>You ever played Pokemon Full Moon? YOU CAN ACTUALLY FEEL YOUR NEURONES BURN WHILE PLAYING IT

Don't need to play it to know that it'll be fanfic crap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-w27P2GznA
>>
>>28840318
No, there isnt. In one of the plot points, a girl die, but the doctor made a medicine so powerful it cures even death
>>
File: 1455412147312.jpg (203KB, 1200x826px) Image search: [Google]
1455412147312.jpg
203KB, 1200x826px
>>28840380
>implying I didn't already see that
This plot is a fucking riot, I swear to god
>>
>>28837002
I'll give you two of those posts, but Team Rocket did kill that one Marowak and the Mewtwo stuff is all pretty much confirmed canon. The journals in the mansion talk about horrifying gene-splicing experiments (actual words used in game) and mention how crazy powerful Mewtwo was. Someone else on the island talks about how the mansion recently burned down, so it's very very highly implied Mewtwo destroyed the lab when it escaped.
>>
I want to make a Pokemon fangame. How would I go about making one?
the music is fine, I'll just copy and paste the music from the umineko OST :^)
no fanmons either
>>
>>28840434
But none of that links Team Rocket with Mewtwo's origins.
>>
>>28840485
First, you go an make edgy fanfics of anything. After 3 of those, re-read them and learn what NOT TO MAKE OF THEM.

Then, you know what to do
>>
>>28840497
The hell? I actually didn't go that far yet in the game.
>>
>>28840497
looks like.
Jesus Christ that's as bad as when Snakewood makes you fight Kamina.
>>
>>28840421
Also, you fight what looks like Ashuna of SAO: https://youtu.be/1bYZnM8O0Vs?t=9m48s
>>
>>28840536
now directed at
>>28840527
>>
>>28839702
>Colosseum
>XD
>edgy
Fuck off moeshitter
>>
File: 1474655684671.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1474655684671.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>28840497
>>28840527
>>28840553
>>
>>28840553
We saw it the first and second time.
>>
>>28840571
Had to post the right timing so you don't have to suffer through the lets play.
>>
>>28840318
Does the protag herself lose her virginity at some point?
>>
>>28840553
Yeah, author ripped every sprite from other fangames and then wrote a worse story. Worse by a large margin
>>
>>28840536
.....damn.....
>>
>>28837622
>no sound
>the only one that makes sense
>>
>>28835756
It's difficult for no other reason than just to make it difficult.
>>
>>28840752
Someone sounds like a casual
>>
>>28840737
That anon followed up by saying there was Sound.
>>
File: 992.png (33KB, 1020x426px) Image search: [Google]
992.png
33KB, 1020x426px
>>28840782
>>
>>28840848
(You) 2
>>
>>28835751
Having "mature content" is not the same as being mature.
>>
>>28839266
>>
Does this sound too psuedointellectual/pretentious? I'm >>28840485

Pokemon Jade
(A jade is symbolic of the 5 virtues in Chinese culture)
Focuses on the Lake Guardians, legendaries symbolizing the conciousness of humanity. Team Nirvana (leader: Dante | admin: Beatrice) wishes to control the Lake Guardians and manipulate the desires of humans by using the Guardians as a hivemind. (the nirvana part of their name is ironic, see: meaning of nirvana in indian religions)
New Type: Divine
2x against Dark and Ghost
1/2 to Fairy (fairy moves deal x1 damage to it, though)
Immune to Dark
1/2 damage from Poison and Ghost
>>
>>28840667
I just beat the second gym leader it's your mother btw and so for that doesn't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen at a later point in the story though.
>>
Holy shit I had that idea a while ago for using Umineko OST for a hack. I don't know how restrictions with copyright bullshit would work though. Thinking of asking GlithxCity if I could use some of her remixes too.

Anyone try Zeta/Omicron? Some of it is kinda silly but it's not bad imo
>>
>>28841518

Well you're breaking copyright anyway by making a hack so who cares so long as you credit Umineko. Fans typically like to see a credit and not just blatant theft.
>>
>>28841082
Depends on how deep you go into this theme without explaining it too people.
>>
>>28841082
Edgy as all feck, why are all edgelords drawn to gen 4?
>>
>>28839690
Is that Knuckles passed out on the ground?
>>
>>28841082
Is it that southeast Asia thing?
>>
>>28835594
was kinda fun at first, but i got bored after a while and moved to something else.

...if there was a moemon mod id have stayed longer.
cuteness is justice.
>>
>>28841518
I played a pokemon fangame that had final fantasy music in it.
>>
>>28838054
It's actually because all of the characters who use monotypes (gym leaders, rivals, e4, champ) were all based off of an online RP league, so blame the creator of that stupid OC. Doesn't stop the writing from still being garbage, but at least some of the more cringeworthy leaders have some explanation
>>
>>28835948
You can't overlevel,typically good pokemon are hard to get/not available until lategame to encourage training more than 6, and while they have the field effects to make it more difficult it': the best part because it doesn't just fuck you over. You can use it to your advantage or even change the effect with certain moves (i strongly suggest donphan or another EQ user as well as a heat wave user bc those moves are great for changing the effects to nullify the advantage)
>>
>>28836267
The poison leader and fighting leader IIRC
>>
IIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN IT CRAAAAAAAWLS
>>
>>28841546
True. Of course all the credits would be given. But yeah. Now to just figure out a non-shit story. Btw I like Jade, but the type /Leader name seem like a bit of a stretch.
>>
File: STOP.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.gif
2MB, 252x280px
>>28835594
>pokemon fan games
>>
>>28842811
translation: you have to use a bunch of shitmons you don't even like and there are sometimes unfunny gimmicks you can use
>>
File: Nintendo_Official_Seal.svg.png (215KB, 2000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_Official_Seal.svg.png
215KB, 2000x1537px
>>28842890
>goody twoshoes Nintendo fanboy
>>
>>28839487
To be fair, the main dev said she hates terra
>>
File: 1468636991807.jpg (81KB, 456x386px)
1468636991807.jpg
81KB, 456x386px
>>28842943
>he supports trash
You make the mistake of assuming that because I do not like the thing you like, I must be some sort of shitter, because all other options are just too reasonable.
>>
File: 1377827185490.jpg (87KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1377827185490.jpg
87KB, 500x369px
>>28835751
>fans of a rather lighthearted series
>don't like gritty bullshit

w o w no way
>>
>>28843233
that raises even more questions as to why put Terra in the game.

I actually like her
>>
File: 1473610193944.jpg (40KB, 314x377px)
1473610193944.jpg
40KB, 314x377px
>>28839676
>non-binary character
>nice touch
>>
>>28835751
>adult plot
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously, Pokemon Reborn had a lot of potential. I loved the idea of a game being set in a giant city and a lot of the themes like street gangs and homeless people were cool. The difficulty was pretty nice as well. But the edge was so utterly cringeworthy that it destroyed all immersion. I couln't play after the cringefest when that one gym leader jumped off a bridge because his daughter ran away or something. Especially after the guy had a long hearty dialogue with the player character. The creator of the game obviously had no idea how serious suicidal tendencies work and just put in in because ow the edge.
>>
>>28835594
I gave up after the circus area because I got bored
How much would I have to go through
>>
>>28846651
Creator actually had an idea of how serious it is because that leader was based on a person the devs actually knew. We already went over this in the thread; Corey probably was a person in real life that went through a depression phase and considered suicide

Like, the whole gym leaders and elite 4 are based on people IRL and their OCs. Only exceptions are the villain admins, that are their roleplaying characters.
>>
>>28846672
You enter the circus, you have to fight 3 Gym Leaders then you beat the current episode. Of course, you would have to go through some subplots against team Meteor and stuff, but you weren't exactly far from beating ep 15
>>
>>28835751
>actual adult plot
Dude, that's the kind of shit a 12 year old makes up because they think that's what or means to be mature
>>
File: ok.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>28835594
Or maybe you're not a complete faggot edgelord. I wont even touch the thing, it radiates edgy teen fanfiction, fuck that.
>>
>>28837803

It's funny really because in rejuvenation there's a maid who talks like a jive-talking mammy maid
>>
I played it up as far as the second Gym and just got bored desu. Too tumblr for my tastes. it was ironically amusing now and again.
>>
>>28846682
They actually made a character based off a real suicidal person and made him kill himself?
What the fuck?
>>
>>28846904
They also made another npc make fun of him immediately after he jumped off the bridge
>>
>>28846682
A suicidal person is far less likely to kill themselves after talking about their problems/suicide. That's what makes this unrealistic.
>>
File: 1470453655537.gif (20KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
1470453655537.gif
20KB, 150x160px
>Pick totodile as a starter cause he's my favorite
>First two gyms are electric and grass
>The only pokemons you can catch by that point are shitmons like pachirisu or rattata
>Overleveling is impossible because your mon will disobey you
>Eventually power through it with whatever pokemons I could get
>"I hope I can get a waterfall hm soon so I can replace water gun"
>level 30 "probably going to get it soon now"
>level 40 "I guess I could even settle for surf"
>level 50 "any time now"
>Had to wait till level SIXTY FUCKING FOUR for my feraligatr to finally learn a decent water move

I think i've only gotten 3 tm/hms during my whole playthrough and none of them were useful

Don't pick totodile
>>
File: edge.jpg (48KB, 513x384px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
48KB, 513x384px
>>28847137
Yeah most of the starters seem to be trap options. You can cheese the Electric gym by getting a Lightning Rod Goldeen though.

Oh, and pic related is one of the gym leaders murdering Team Meteor with her Aegislash towards the end of the current episode.
>>
>>28847137
I picked totodile and it was alright. Sheer force bite, crunch, and ice fang is pretty good early to mid game and you can get water pledge as a move tutor move.

The game is kinda rough on water starters though I agree.
>>
>>28846996
People really need to stop believing and saying this.
It's in no way true.
>>
>>28847316
Its even rougher in Grass starters...

And I liked it
>>
>>28846904
Not like he isn't gonna come back or something... ''reborn''. Hell, probably everyone dying here will be revived in the end by Arceus or something and the region will be full of flowers and stuff.
>>
>>28837803
Glad I never reached this part.
>>
>>28838438
LITERALLY MY MOM'S MOVIE MEWTWO
>>
>>28835751
>Adult plot

(You)tried.jpg
>>
File: 1473638424226.png (22KB, 580x454px) Image search: [Google]
1473638424226.png
22KB, 580x454px
>>28839970
I want this to fucking happen now, please.
>>
>>28838150
Literally my mom's hentai monster.
>>
Sooooo, should I play through this game? I just recently got this game, and I'm really hesitant to play through it if it's just a DeviantArt wet dream.
>>
>>28848064
just go through the threads images and posts, decide after. spoiler alert obviously but it is just deviant art and tumblr thrown into a game.
>>
>>28848064
Well, I made fun of it a bit on this thread, but I actually liked it.

This tumblr part aside, it was pretty fun to me. Like, I think I had more fun than with official games.

The difficulty increase was nice, make me feel proud after beating the gyms. And even thoguh it's edgy, it was actually nice for a change of pace.

I think you should give it a try. I don't regret playing it and actually look forward to more episodes.
>>
>>28848198
hmm, well I'll give it a shot.

Side note are we just ignoring the gem that is brewing in this thread? Or is someone on it already? Would love to play a Pokepolice game.
>>
>>28835594
Nice bait
>>
>>28848252
We all would
>>
Since old archive died, does anyone want a new playthrough of Reborn on /vp/?

Can't wait to relive golden moments like pic related if people want it
>>
File: hAdlGRq[1].png (11KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
hAdlGRq[1].png
11KB, 256x192px
>>28848320
Would love it! I saw Rejuvenatino's playthrough in vp and it was so funny! And the rage man, between the fun they made out of the game and the rage of some of the insane battles it was amazing.

On a side not, I found this gem in another site:
THIS.

This shithead is why I had to train a Graveler tens of levels. This is why I had to blow a Linkstone to evolve it. This [radio edit]ing Chandelure is the entire reason I'm mad at this game because it stands for everything [radio edit]ing wrong with Reborn.

Litwick evolves at 41. FORTY-[radio edit]ING-ONE. It has Flash Fire (Found out on accident) for its ability and it uses Shadow Ball and Flame Burst for STAB. It also has Energy Ball, because Chandelure learns THAT for some God-awful reason to cover all its [radio edit]ing Fire weaknesses. I don't know what its fourth move is, but it's probably something that covers its weakness to Dark-types. And now we're going to have to overcome a Pokemon that can outrace and outmelt everything I have in one attack because this is a HIGH-END COMPETITIVE TEAM.
>>
>>28848320
Does everyone have a fucking emo haircut?
>>
>>28848451
yes.
>>
>>28848433
Chandelure learns Energy Ball in the official games as well
>>
>>28848451
Pretty much.
>>
>>28839702
>xd
kill yourself redditshit
>>
File: 1474070726549.jpg (24KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1474070726549.jpg
24KB, 500x371px
>>28848433
>[radio edit]
>>
>>28848473
And official games have evolutions underlevelled too.

Still, it was funny reading his playthrough
>>
>>28848451
There's also the polar opposite, as shown here.

>>28848433
Underleveled evos appear all the time in the main games. I personally thought the underleveled Cradily was a great challenge, but as the game went on the actually pretty good difficulty designed turned into a dev circlejerk on how to fuck over the player as much as possible.
>>
>>28848512
Yeah,I know. I posted that more because of the rage of that guy
>>
>>28838552
When is the next update coming out??
>>
>>28848433
>[radio edit]
Kill yourself, cuck.
>>
>>28838847
Fuck this world
>>
>>28839441
Snakewood was so stupid it was fun.
>>
>>28848560
What part of ''Found this on another side'' weren't you able to read?
>>
>>28848603
>uses the word 'cuck'
>implying he's capable of reading
>>
>>28848320
Last call for people to show interest in another playthrough, though it'll probably be December by the time I can commit to posting it.

In the meantime, I'm posting the most underrated scene. Context is that the blonde grill and that guy have lived in the same house for a few days, and now she makes his heart go all aflutter
>>
>>28848669
So anyway, he stalks us through a maze like valley just so he can come in and do this
>>
>>28848684
>>
>>28848669
Oh, the FE Fates scene
>>
>>28848697
>>
>>28848709

>>28848700
Hold the fuck up, FE fates had a scene where a creepy stalker decides it's a cool idea to quit stalk and start trying to rape the grill of his dreams?
>>
>>28848723
>>
>>28848738
Anyway, we get a key that will let us into her room or something, naturally making this beta jealous as fuck
>>
So he tries to fight us for it
>>
>I'll show them
>>
>I'll show them all
>>
>>28848830
Anyway, that's the end of that golden exchange. right after that we fight Ebony D'arkness Dementia Raven Way herself, who for some reason is a gym leader, along with

>three underage orphans who under law have to be locked up in an orphanage of rape
>three circus performers whose boss demand a 'battle pass' to fight them, despite being under employ of the league
>a flaming homosexual who doesn't even want the job and so it goes to his sister instead, who wants it even less
>a suicidal cunt working for the evil team
>some eccentric man living the dream with his talking gardevoir waifu who he regularly ERPs with
>>
>>28848930
>Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way

My nigger, that is truly /tg/'s greatest abomination

She's not actually called that, right?
>>
>>28848950
what the fuck is this and why do I want to kill it?
>>
>>28848950
>he doesn't know about My Immortal

No, she's """Dark Dreamer""" Luna. All characters have custom trainer titles, with some being more fitting and less stupid than others.
>>
>>28848972
/tg/ went out of their way to create the most obnoxious Mary Sue original character ever
>>
>>28848723
It's not like he is trying to rape her. Seems more like when one of those people try to win their first girl, when they try admiting love and expecting it to work. Bennet doesn't seem like a rapist to me, just a misguided idiot.
>>
>>28848975
And she has that Umbreon with the survivability of a castle wall with a confuse ray with 90% chance of making you hit yourself in the face and a Dark Pulse that almost always flinches.
>>
>>28849552
Scrafty and Gardevoir tore her apart, she was one of the easiest bosses for me.

>>28849521
That's more obvious, but you never know with the Reborn devs. They're basically a bunch of teenagers who think inserting dark heavy themes automatically makes something cooler.
>>
>>28848975
>mods warned me for not spoiling this

Uh
Why is this a spoiler?
>>
>>28849634
Yeah I'm >>28837727 and I got a warning too. idk why. Maybe a mod is in the Reborn community or something.
>>
>>28849634
>>28851125
Probably? Maybe it's because we aren't exactly in a Reborn playthrough thread instead?

Meh, eventually we will have one either way. Ep 16 will come out oct/november
>>
>>28849611
RNG wasn't exactly on my favor in that one. I lost 2 mon hitting themselves up and flinching amidst that Umbreon recovering full HP. The third one missed the High Jump Kick and... well, you get my drift
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.