[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you remember all Pokémon? Have you found yourself slipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: IL056_13.jpg (167KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IL056_13.jpg
167KB, 640x480px
Can you remember all Pokémon?

Have you found yourself slipping up recently with the addition of more Pokémon?
>>
I couldn't rattle all their names off if I was asked to do so, but I recognize each one when I see it.
>>
File: fissh.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
fissh.png
48KB, 250x250px
>>28831510
If you showed me various pictures of Pokemon I could tell you most of their names, but sadly I don't know many Gen 5, 6 or 7 Pokemon since some just slip through the cracks of my memory.
Do you know what this even is?
>>
>>28831521
Same. I imagine that's the case with most people here.
>>
>>28831591
This is just casual as fuck.

I understand not being to regurgitate every single one at a time but if you at least have a picture reference and STILL can't recall the name, you shouldn't be here.
>>
>>28831591
Yep, that's forgettablemon, the forgettable Pokemon
>>
>>28831618
>implying
I used to be like you, but then I could only remember Hawluchas japanese name and I changed my mind.
>>
i could probably remember from image, but not from memory. gen 5/6 gets pretty tricky for me, but i can remember pretty much all of gen 1/2 off by heart.
i even take online quizes every now and then to test my knowledge. matter of fact, imma do that right now!

>brb gonna post best time
>>
>>28831637
No, sorry, you're casual which is fine but don't act like you're not.
>>
I still sometimes call some gen 5 pokemon by their japanese names because I had to go months only knowing their japanese names
>>
>>28831591
Finneon?
>>
>>28831645
i...i forgot cubone/marowak

by 8 minutes i remembered 147, by 10 i remembered 149. pretty close desu.

ok. johto time! this one's considerably more difficult.
>>
Learning Pokémon isn't hard for me and I'm a retard with awful memory. Show any Pokémon, I can give it's name, typing, gen and maybe a few moves and a general idea of their stats
>>
Once I get to gen 5/6 it becomes hard to remember the names of pre-evolutions, especially the middle stages.
>>
>>28831618
Correct. You should be able to at least recognize them.

The only ones I probably wouldn't be able to name yet are the new ones, but that's only because S/M aren't out yet and I haven't played the games yet.
>>
>>28831591
>implying Finneon isn't memorable just because of how often it's brought up as unmemorable
>>
I can't remember all of them off the top of my head but none of them surprise me when shown.
>>
>>28831521
This

I definitely start slipping up when it comes to gen 5 and up NFE pokemon names.
>>
File: pkmn.png (2MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn.png
2MB, 1174x881px
>>28831774
>>
>>28831736
fuck, forgot crobat, wooper, quagsire, tyrogue and hitmontop. well, 5% missed ain't so bad.
>>
>>28831823
Mottium (I'm not googling it so forgive me for incorrect spelling)
Bug/Flying
Gen IV
Evolves from the protect bug bag, male only around level 20
Piss poor stats
>>
I'm just struggling with the names of some gen 7 mons. That'll probably change once the games are out.
>>
>>28831510
I knew all the names until gen 4 around then I couldn't keep up anymore. At this point I at least get familiar with the new pokemon even if I can't remember the name
>>
I didn't play gen 5 so I still have a hard time remembering some of those Pokemon but I'm learning more everyday.
>>
No

No
>>
>>28831895
>Mottium
That's not shit spelling that's just wrong
>>
not after 3rd gen.
>>
Yes. But to be fair I've been playing since gen 1.
>>
The only mon whose name I've forgotten completely one time was Spewpa. Even if someone had told me "Scatterbug's evo, Vivillon's pre-evo", I couldn't still recall its name.
>>
File: 1473762673574.png (57KB, 956x621px) Image search: [Google]
1473762673574.png
57KB, 956x621px
Only gen 4 and 6 I couldn't exactly remember all of them since they were my least favorite/hated games
>>
>>28832981

Blaziken.

Still the best Fire/Fighting Pokémon.
Still the best looking Fire starter Pokémon.
>>
>>28831510
Pokemon is a wonderful example of how powerful human memory can be if you chose to apply yourself.

There are like what? Some 900+ Pokemon or something and not only do you likely know each of their names, you know the best nature for it, it's typing, weaknesses/resistances, the best moveset for it, what it can breed with etc, etc...

There is much less to remember from the Periodic table.

Imagine if you used that same focus to learn a language of something. It's insane the sheer amount of potential each of you have but choose not to use it.
>>
>>28831510
Each gen, I know less and less. I know all of gen 1, probably 2/3 of gen 2, and so forth.
>>
>>28832846
Same here. Sometimes I'll even forget what resists fairy moves... but then that's still new.
>>
>>28832862
Only one I've forgotten was the mon that comes between Tynamo and Eelektross. Stumped me good. Finally looked it up and realized it was literally Eelektrik. Felt retarded
>>
I remember all of Gen I, >80% of gens II-III, and >50% of the rest. I also memorized the Kanto Pokrap.
>>
>>28833504
I think about that all the times. I literally have the worst memory but I could tell you the weakness and resistance of every possible type combination and I have no idea how I do it
>>
>tfw just recently I've learned that Fire resists Fairy and Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore
What is my life
>>
>>28831796
That's what I feel about Finneon and Lumineon too. People remember them because they are unnotable. Remember that popularity poll with Simisear at the lowest? Now do you remember the second-lowest instead?
>>
http://www.psypokes.com/quiz/amnesiaattack/allpokemon
>>
>>28831510
Unfortunately no. I took a break from Pokemon from Gen 2 through 4, and came back at 5. The real Pokemon craze for me didn't really hit until this year, so I've been plowing through a bunch of games I've missed over the years. Because of that, some Pokemon just slip through and I can't remember them even with a pic, such as >>28831591
which I'm not even sure if I've ever seen before.

Working on a living dex though, so I'll HAVE to remember them after that.
>>
>>28831591
This idiot thinks we don't know a Gonzidor when we see one.
>>
>>28833397
>still
Infernape was way better throughout gen 4
>>
>>28833397
Infernape looks better. Blaziken has an awkward design that everyone's just accepted because it got attacked by the genwunners so much.
>>
>>28834583
It's called Finneon and it only shows up when fishing in Floaroma Town in Sinnoh, or as a Dexnav encounter in ORAS near Mossdeep

it's rare and a shitmon so no one really remembers it unless they decided to learn all the Pokemon
>>
>>28834581
gonna have to give this a try after work
>>
>>28831510
I do the sporcle quizzes from time to time and it seems like I always leave out about 2 or 3 Pokémon in every generation but 6. It's not even the same ones every time.
>>
>>28834744
>rare
>shitmon

I know they've been doing this since Magmar and Electabuzz but I really wish it wasn't a thing
>>
>>28831591
Anon everyone knows thats a Flapswim.
>>
>>28831521
Not only this, but I could also identify the typings of each one.
>>
>>28831510
I will recognize them if shown, but no, if you just told me to name them all right now in one go I couldn't do it, I would forget a good number
>>
File: Trainer Brain.png (357KB, 705x498px) Image search: [Google]
Trainer Brain.png
357KB, 705x498px
>>28831510
>>
>>28834581
>Score
>320/721

Time to kill myself
It's like all knowledge was evaporated the moment I started it
>>
I have real problems with mid evolutions

Somehow I just can't remember them all. I know the first one and the final evolution, but the mid ones are so.. when do you really use them, fuck
>>
I currently can't remember what swilix's evolution is called.
>>
>>28836024
Right? I got 284/721 but as soon as the names appeared I remembered every single one of them.

>>28836078
Slurpuff. I was trying to put in Swirlpuff and thought it was right but it wasn't.
>>
>>28831510
I could probably remember 250-300 off the top of my head but looking at pictures for reference I could name them all.

Your mind pushes that information out of the pool of shit you need to actively remember. It's just not important enough.
>>
>>28831591
This design is so generic and boring it could pass for a fakemon.
>>
>>28833504
>Learning Pokémon doesn't feel like work or studying
>Everything else does
>>
>>28831510
Not since gen 4.
>>
I won't forget a Pokemon's name. I'm still learning gen 7 names but by the time the games are out I'll know them.
>>
>>28838560
this is because most of us spends years playing pokemon so we're more relaxed and thus more inclined to remember their names. plus you see th same pokemon. now i want a romhack with the periodic table pokemon.
>>
>>28831817
Yeah pretty much. But it's just gen V that can trip me up. Because I learned most of the Japanese names at release and never bothered to study the English names, and now I'm at a point where I've forgotten most of those Japanese names too.

The only problem I have with gen VI is for some reason I can never remember Spritzee and Aromatisse's names. The low amount of Pokemon made it an easy gen to learn.
>>
Nah, I can still name any Pokémon/voices(rusty on this)
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.