[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> there are people on /vp/, right now, that unironically think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 1471559003496.png (504KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
1471559003496.png
504KB, 650x482px
> there are people on /vp/, right now, that unironically think Aether is the real evil team and that Team Skull are the misunderstood good guys
> muh team skull dindu nuffin
>>
File: Dindu_Nuffin.jpg (107KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Dindu_Nuffin.jpg
107KB, 480x270px
Guzma the Slav dindu nuffin
>>
>>28826796
I feel like if anything it'd be that the real intentions of Aether are decided by the version you play.

It'd be too cliched for them to just be the big bad on top of Skull, to the point that they could've just not revealed them at all until the game came out to leave it as a suspicion the player would have when the foundation is first encountered.
>>
They're shown as a big happy organization that helps Pokémon and is friendly to both the player and their friendly rival.

Pokémon doesn't do the kind of twist people are expecting. Obviously good is always good. Obviously evil is always evil.

Doesn't mean Guzma won't pull a Maxie/Archie at the end and repent his actions once things go to shit, though, especially since he and his team seem to be more like troublemakers and not organized, professional criminals like the others.
>>
File: asdfbhedntasrttn.png (60KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
asdfbhedntasrttn.png
60KB, 500x364px
>>28826796
>>28829771
>>
>>28826849
>Guzma the slav
>slav
Kys subhuman for trying to ruin teh cool guy
>>
Was cyrus in DP shown as evil from the moment you met him no he wasnt neither was he instantly shown to the cast of the anime as evil same with lysandre
>>
>>28826796
Aether seems shady as fuck. Does that mean the whole organization will be crazy evil? i doubt it. I think they have some evil side but not all of them are bad and i think post game they will try to redeem their (supposed) wrongs

Does this makes Team Skull good guys? I doubt it. They steal and sell Pokemon for cash. You cant just pretend its nothing. Just like with Aether though i can see some of them getting redemption (specially Plumeria) but i think most of them are just criminals
>>
>>28829771
People think they're the big bad cause the ultra beasts look like them
>>
File: 1410178334319.jpg (101KB, 631x800px)
1410178334319.jpg
101KB, 631x800px
> there are people on /vp/, right now, that unironically think Magma is the real evil team and that Team Aqua are the misunderstood good guys
>>
>>28829771
Yeah, and they totally have grunts just to help the player! Don't mind the mad-scientist looking guy over there, he's just helping! And the totally-not-an-hot-evil-girl-trope is researching extremely destructive beings with clearly good intentions!
>>
>>28830080
Honestly, while I do hope they turn out to be villains I think it's more likely that it's just Faba, or at most the whole branch he's the chief of that will turn out to be villains.
>>
>>28829803
It's not the same thing.

They don't act, evil, yes. But you can tell there's something wrong with them, either from the way they look or the way they talk.

Aether, from the trailers, seems to be composed of happy, kind, non-evil looking executives with a noble, acceptable goal (instead of an inherently shady, extremist one like Plasma's). The most "evil" I can see them doing is growing slightly zealous due to the UB threat and attempting some sort of extreme measure that forces the player to fight through them to stop it and bring them to their senses.

Compare Guzma, who looks shady, acts shady and runs an obviously shady team whose goal is simply to steal and sell Pokémon and possibly attempt some sort of revenge coup on Guzma's part. It's obvious where good and evil lies.

What I find funniest is that this whole debacle was born from people thinking Team Skull isn't a "proper" evil team.

And the thing is, I would actually like it if this twist happened. But I really don't expect a Pokémon story to attempt this sort of storytelling of presenting blatantly positive characters and having it turn out that they're evil psychos bent on ruling/destroying the world.
>>
File: awerhwretjke5w6ikekj.png (242KB, 312x770px) Image search: [Google]
awerhwretjke5w6ikekj.png
242KB, 312x770px
>>28830145
>non-evil looking executives
>>
>>28829856

Only UB2 beauty looks like a aether member. UB1 looks more like Lillie, and she's kukui's assistant. UB2 expansion looks like the Team Skull enforcer.

>>28830080

How do you expect an organization supposed to work? Ofcouse something as large as aether gonna have employees. As for the scientist, we'd have creepy looking good guys. Plus pokemon games tend to make scientist look a bit ominous.
>>
>>28830157
Most likely to be evil of the bunch, but I honestly don't think he is.

He gives me more "experienced, aloof scientist" vibes than "FOOLS, TREMBLE BEFORE ZE POWER OF SCIENCE" ones.
>>
>>28830168
>only the leader of the organization looks like an interdimensional cockroach
>>
>>28830168
They have a fucking space in the website, they are not gonna be generic employees.
I just cannot understand how someone can look at the Aether foundation and say "Yep, nothing shady here"
>>
File: type__null_by_figuritas-dahmjsp.jpg (83KB, 893x895px) Image search: [Google]
type__null_by_figuritas-dahmjsp.jpg
83KB, 893x895px
Aether are the real villains.
>>
>Hi-tech organization with a connection to Ultra Beasts and with a likely connection to Colress as well
>Not evil
>>
File: TypeNullAether.png (229KB, 950x434px)
TypeNullAether.png
229KB, 950x434px
Daily reminder
>>
>>28830227
Nice catch.
>>
File: lusamine.png (231KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
lusamine.png
231KB, 600x360px
Claiming Aether/Lusamine isn't evil means taking the creepy weird comments she made in the trailer as completely innocent and earnest and taking her words at face value. Which I'm not even sure would mean in this case.
>>
>>
>>28830227
Not sure if you're implying something massively autistic... or just pointing out that Aether has a Frankenstein's monster and a "Team Symbol"?

But for real, people who think Skull is gonna be "de gud geys"... they retarded.
Aether though.... personally I think they'll be evil. (Especially because Lusamine has a god-complex. "Mother of the world"? Yeah.)
But I can also see GF thinking that having a "good evil team" will be edgy.
>>
>>28830322
>original character is white with blonde hair
>protag has a option For white with blonde hair
>LETS DRAW THEM BLACK
>>
>>28830757
Triggered him. Poor retard
>>
>>28830757
>original character is white with blond hair
wut
>>
>>28830757

>stop using the customization option I don't like!
>>
>>28830757
>original is white with blonde hair
/pol/ is in the other direction, Hitler.
>>
>>28830830
>>28830862
>>28830883
He's talking about Edward Elric, the character the protag is standing in for.
>>
>>28826796
Reasons for why I think Team Aether is evil:
1. Lusamine. This post:>>28830290 sums it up pretty well.
2. Type: Null. Although it's being used by Gladion, it's pretty obvious that it was made by Aether, and its grotesque appearance doesn't exactly reassure.
3. Thematics. It seems pretty thematically appropriate for a region built on tradition for the villains to be technological.
>>
>>28830932

That's real autism. Might as well complain they didn't draw the male protag.
>>
>>28830322
Is it bad that I read that in Roman Bellic's voice?
>>
>>28830157
>>28830180
It will be the Xerosic of this generation.
>>
>>28826796
Nothing says they can't remain a lesser evil than the Aether Foundation
>>
>Team Skull steals Pokemon, damages property, threatens Alolan citizens, and preventing people from going into cities
>They didnu nuffin
>They actually the good guys

>The Ather Foundation tells the players they are there to help Pokemon, have indoor environments for Pokemon, makes sure their employees look friendly as possible, and didn't show any signs of being evil as they freely let the player and his friend in his building
>They're white! They must be hiding something to oppress everyone.
>>
>>28831140
Go back to buzzfeed you sjw twat.
>>
>>28830110
Yeah I can see Wicke as good unaware of what's going on, Faba as evil mastermind, and Lusamine as misunderstood.
>>
>>28831170
You can't reconize sarcasm can you?
>>
They're not even "Team".

Contrarian autists.
>>
Antagonist teams usually have a policy of not caring about Pokémon or using them solely as tools.

Seems weird for an evil team to be an organization dedicated to helping Pokémon of all kinds.

Though I can somewhat see this turning into a Plasma situation where what the grunts preach isn't really what's going on behind the scenes. But that's unlikely.
>>
Honestly guessing it's going to be something like
>Skull are genuine crooks and bad guys
>Aether starts out looking like good guys but then, to nobody's surprise, become evil, and endanger everybody in Alola
>Skull realizes they're in trouble too and end up helping you
>muh redemption
>Post game you'll fight Skull members who didn't reform
>>
>>28831233
>What are Team Magma and Team Aqua?
>>
>>28831234
This is basically what I predict too.
>>
>>28831233
They are clearly "preserving" Pokémon to study them and make shit like Type Null
>>
>>28831242
Eco-terrorists that will willingly destroy the habitat of countless Pokémon species so that their favorites can thrive.
>>
>>28831260
Do we even know if Type: Null was made by Aether?

Could be some unrelated scientist that threw his lot in with Skull.
>>
>>28831288
There's no evidence, but we have a scientific monster and a shady team of scientists.
Make 2+2
>>
>>28831302
I still haven't seen any real reason for them to be "shady" other than you saying they are.

Thankfully this meme will finally end in a few weeks.
>>
>>28826796
Maybe it's a case of grey versus black. Team Skull may be a bunch of hooligans that steal Pokemon and disrupt peace throughout the region, but they're closely knit together. The grunts with the Slowpoke mention in one of the other language versions something about needing the money they will sell it for, not doing it just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>28831325
I forgot to mention that Gladion ar one point tells the player that he doesn't want them to fight him because their Pokemon will be hurt for no reason when he's victorious.
>>
>>28831325
Yeah, the website says they are pennyless and that they care for one another. They are clearly trying to make them somewhat relatable
>>
I think both organizations will do about as much shit, but that neither is really as evil as the previous teams.

>Skull does bad things and are essentially nothing but criminal thugs but they're composed of pariahs and outcasts with broken dreams and no real place to belong.
>Aether genuinely helps wild Pokémon in trouble and is a friendly organization, but behind the scenes its higher-ups have dark ambitions that they are willing to exploit the Pokémon they rescue for.

Pretty much neo Magma/Aqua.
>>
>>28826796
you sure showed them
>>
File: guzma_squat.jpg (86KB, 358x462px)
guzma_squat.jpg
86KB, 358x462px
As the game that's breaking all sorts of traditions, having a secret evil team is extremely likely. We've never had anything like that before and what perfect way to mix up the Villan team setup than sm?
>>
I think they're both bad. Skull is a team rocket wannabe group that helps you at some point but you shut them down anyways and let guzma escape. Aether has some majestic-12 level bullshit going on
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.