[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any legitimate way Nintendo can prevent any form of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 27

File: 94d.png (335KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
94d.png
335KB, 815x608px
Is there any legitimate way Nintendo can prevent any form of hacking? In FireRed/Leafgreen, any mon injected would not obey the trainer. Any ideas?
>>
>>28796341
Why so you care?
>>
>>28796356
My autism acts up when people think they are so much better when they pirate a game that some people poured their hearts out
>>
>>28796341
No PP on any move no matter what
>>
>>28796383
Well that's your problem. People are gonna find ways to hack the games, no matter what they do
>>
Why did GF do that in FRLG and then have no other anti-hacking measures in any of their future games?
>>
>>28796383
How is hacking the game going to change anything? It barely changes anything about the game? Have fun with your biking simulator
>>
>>28796431
This is my example. Hackers think the my are better and go with "hurr bikng simlatr" instead on saying anything else.
Entertain me, how is hacking better?
>>
>>28796521
You don't spend hours soft reseting for a 5/6 iv legendary with the right when you can just inject one. It's just a time saver.
>>
>>28796341
No, and the fact that youre even asking this question shows a total lack of knowledge of how this works.
A correctly hacked Pokemon will show no signs of being different whatsoever.
>>
>>28796582
this.

As long as you do it right the games can't tell. Data is data, once you figure out how to edit the data that's that. pkhex doesn't leave any extra bytes or whatever. The game literally has no way to tell.

Also no one cares if you spent a million hours of 2 minutes to get your pokemon. No one cares about you or what you do.

Absolutely no one cares.
>>
>>28796521
>Doesnt waste time
>Not wasting money for version exclusives
>Online battles are all injects anyways
How is actually playing the game for pokemon that are harder to get better, anon
>Spending half your life for IVs and EVs =/= Good content
>>
>>28796521
No one's claiming hacking is 'better'. It's just faster and easier. If you want to spend your time breeding and training your Pokemon instead of genning them, if that's something you enjoy doing, then good on you, you can go ahead and do that. Ultimately I hack my 'mons in because I would prefer to spend that time doing things I consider more productive. If you spent hours breeding and training the perfect Shiny Aegislash and I spent a few minutes genning the exact same Aegislash, there would be no benefit between us - our Aegislashes would be exactly the same. The only benefit for me as someone who gens my 'mons is time. I don't get why you give a fuck if people prefer to spend their time doing other things. It's not harmful cheating, it doesn't hurt you. You're retarded if you get so butthurt about whether or not people pour hours into a Pokemon game. I want to enjoy meta Pokemon battling in my downtime, I just don't want to spend days getting to the point where I have a usable team. I don't find that to be fun or a productive use of my time.

To answer your original question, with the current data structure for Pokemon and save files, it's impossible to discern injected legal mons from those obtained properly. And since homebrew allows easy RAM dumping, save dumping, and save restoration, it's highly unlikely any 3DS Pokemon game will remain injection free for any substantial amount of time.
>>
>>28796572
This guy gets it.
Any retard who breeds with a 6 IV ditto is worse than both injectors and breeders because they're using hacked mons, wasting their fucking time, and then claiming the moral high ground against both parties when these things are brought to question.

If you inject and the people you battle/trade with know then more power to you.

If you breed and don't lay a hand on hacked mon then keep doing your thing.

If you use 6IV dittos to try awkwardly place yourself both between and above the aforementioned parties, kindly end your life as soon as is convenient.
>>
>>28796634
Honestly if i could inject i would cuz it's so much faster than breeding. Until I'm able to I'll remain the 6iv ditto breeding scum that i am.
>>
>>28796572
>>28796614
>>28796622
>>28796634
>I don't wanna waste time in a game that's designed to waste my time

If you wanted to have free time in your day you wouldn't be playing Pokemon in the fucking first place.
>>
>>28796716
Get a job, faggot. Go outside.
>>
>>28796716
There's a big difference in wasting your time playing against people and wasting your time going in literal circles.
>>
File: brain damage ramona.jpg (50KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
brain damage ramona.jpg
50KB, 600x604px
>>28796716
Except I am playing Pokemon, and I'm doing it without wasting heaps of time.
See, you're literally ignoring the fact that by genning Pokemon I can play a few matches and then put down my 3DS without having to spend hours breeding.
Sure, breeding in the game is a massive fucking timesink and was designed that way but the whole point I'm trying to make is that I can literally just bypass that and get to the fun part without wasting any time. How are you not understanding this?
>>
>>28796726
If you had a job you wouldn't have time to be playing video games, and if you did you would have time to be breeding properly.
>>28796732
You're still fucking playing the game, in the grand scheme of things you're still doing stupid shit that doesn't really matter for five hours.

The problem isn't that it takes forever, because it actually doesn't. The problem is that your massive ADD won't let you do something longer than an hour before you feel the need to cheat.
>>28796742
You are wasting time though. Playing video games is wasting time, video games are not productive.
Unless you have the tightest schedule in the world, (which you clearly aren't since you're all this shitty board) there's literally no excuse to inject other than the fact that you're lazy and have no sense of self gratifacation for putting some work into shit you want.
>>
>>28796763
(You)
>What is off time
>Implying people work all day
Clearly you dont have a job
>>
>>28796763
>If you had a job you wouldn't have time to be playing video games, and if you did you would have time to be breeding properly.
You've clearly never had a job before.

>there's literally no excuse to inject other than the fact that you're lazy and have no sense of self gratifacation for putting some work into shit you want.
"There's literally no reason why you should want to spend 20min playing the fun part of the game instead of 5 hours running back and forth doing jack shit in the game"
Wow, I guess you are retarded.
>>
>>28796763
maybe people like to have fun while they're wasting time instead of riding a virtual bike in a virtual circle for five hours
>>
>>28796773
>Yeah, I have free time.
>B-but not enough free time to breed for an hour, nope that's just too hard!
>>28796782
>You've clearly never had a job before.
I know enough that you aren't in a position that you don't have the time to be breeding.
>"There's literally no reason why you should want to spend 20min playing the fun part of the game instead of 5 hours running back and forth doing jack shit in the game"
"Fun" doesn't matter here, you're still playing the fucking game.
>>28796793
Nobody even said anything about it being less fun, just that injecting wastes less time, which it actually doesn't.
>>
>>28796763
Kid, you're on a board about a children's video game. Go outside, take some deep breaths, tell your mom you love her, hang out with some friends.

See, now I - and every other injector - have the time to do that. Our 3DSs are not shoved in our faces. Have fun sitting in your dark basement all day hatching Wailmer or whatever.
>>
>>28796805
You're on a fucking children's video game board as well, if you got off of that soapbox you're currently standing on you'd realize that.
At least I'm not pretending I'm somehow a more active person for not cheating.
>>
>>28796803
Yeah, I dont have enough time. Even if I did, I wouldn't waste it with fucking breeding.
>Nobody even said anything about it being less fun, just that injecting wastes less time, which it actually doesn't.
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>28796803
hey I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but you are retarded
>>
>>28796341
>>28796383
>>28796431
>>28796716
>>28796763
>>28796803
>>28796820
Saved for cringe thread, thanks for the content.
>>
>>28796837
Didnt mean to add >>28796431
>>
>>28796824
Then maybe video games aren't for you then. You don't see people hacking into Zelda to skip to the forth dungeon "because that's when the game actually gets good".
>>28796825
>>28796837
Nice job making your "I'm better than you" mentality look like shit.
>>
>>28796803
>I know enough that you aren't in a position that you don't have the time to be breeding.
This sentence literally doesn't make sense.
>"Fun" doesn't matter here, you're still playing the fucking game.
???? "Fun doesn't matter when you're playing video games"
I don't even know how to respond to this, how can you be this retarded?

>Nobody even said anything about it being less fun, just that injecting wastes less time, which it actually doesn't.
Spending 20min playing matches with a generated team is objectively less time than spending hours breeding a team (and THEN using that team to play matches). You literally cannot argue this. Are you trying to argue that 20min is just as long as multiple hours?
>>
>>28796383
I poured my heart into these games before. I had boxes and boxes of hatched eggs that weren't good enough, I spent hours cycling paths and checking stats, I've been there man. I had it all down to a science and it became second nature to me. But it was just too much, I wanted too much. Then I started injection. And it's amazing. You can have anything, multiples of the same with all various move pools and stat builds and you can dedicate all your time to strategy. In seconds you can get a brand new Pokemon. Now my boxes are stuffed with actual monsters to use and not cluttered with Beldum that don't have a high enough atk IVs. Injecting is the most fun I've had with the series in years. I don't think I'm better than anyone. If anything I respect people who take the time to train the legitimate way because I've been there and know how much work it is.
>>
>>28796855
>Then maybe video games aren't for you then. You don't see people hacking into Zelda to skip to the forth dungeon "because that's when the game actually gets good"
Thats not the same mentality. The other three dungeons are meant to be good, and your "comparison" is retarded.
>>
>>28796856
If you literally can't waste one single hour to actually make a team then you shouldn't be playing video games.

I swear injectfags are about as bad as piratefags.
>"I'm so fucking poor that I can't buy a game that I want!"
>>
hackers literally never lose to devs
>>
>>28796855
>Niec job making your "I'm better than you" mentality look like shit.
Isn't this the point of your thread, except you've unironically made yourself look like an absolute tool and dickhead?
>You're not spending your free time the way I think you should be!
>If I had a job I would be much better at allocating my time than you, I would be breeding for hours AND working too!
>I'm better than you because I pour my BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS INTO THIS GAME. How dare you find an easy way to do what takes me weeks!! It's not fair!!
>>
File: 1473721856840.jpg (28KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1473721856840.jpg
28KB, 500x277px
>>28796881
>One single hour
For someone whos yelling at injectors, you dont take the game seriously. If you actually thing IV and EV breeding for a GOOD team that WORKS takes way more than an hour.
>>
>>28796881
I shouldn't be playing videogames because autistic children are upset that while they were spending hours breeding a team, I was just enjoying casual matches? Kek, enjoy your time sink, it's kind of hilarious that things as insignificant as how people play Pokemon gets you this worked up. Enjoy your early death from cardiac arrest.
>>
>>28796881
>"maybe you shouldn't be playing video games."
>"maybe video games aren't for you then."
>assumes people who waste LESS time breeding Pokémon are poor
Fuck off cunt, you're a literal cunt.
>>
>>28796877
And breeding is meant to be fun, what's your damn point?

You don't play a game and then cheat out the parts you don't like, that doesn't even make sense.
You play the game to play the damn game, bad parts, good parts and all.
And if the bad parts are THAT bad, don't play those parts, or maybe don't play the game at all?
>>28796890
I bought the game to play the game, not to be a lazy ass and hack the game the way I want it too because I'm so triggered by the shit I don't like.
>>28796902
It MIGHT be three hours at the most.
>>28796905
No you clearly shouldn't be playing video games if you get this butthurt about parts of video games you don't like that you actively break the game to avoid it.
>>28796908
Wow, nice insult, maybe instead of making your "inject masterrace" look like a bunch of insensitive twats that get angry when people call them out as being cheaters, maybe prove me wrong then?
>>
File: 1474926015356.gif (3MB, 478x347px) Image search: [Google]
1474926015356.gif
3MB, 478x347px
Looks like someone got BTFO
>>
>>28796930
>And breeding is meant to be fun
No, its not. Why do you think they changed it? Because people requested it? Stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
File: 1472525733104.png (552KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472525733104.png
552KB, 1279x720px
>>28796341
Here's a slightly convoluted but very apt metaphor for how Pokemon works:

The way Pokemon data is stored can be compared to a sequence of numbers written on a sheet of paper or a card. Obviously, the better numbers you have, the bigger advantage you have when facing off against other players' numbers on a card.

Playing the game naturally and catching and breeding is like pulling your number card from an enormous lottery bowl full of cards from the entire spectrum of valid number sequences, one after the other. Hacking and injecting is like taking a blank card and manually writing the exact sequence of numbers you want.

Obviously, if you write down a number sequence that does not exist in the lottery bowl, people are going to know that you didn't play the game in the fashion you were supposed to, but as long as you stay within the bound for numbers that could theoretically be pulled from the bowl, there is absolutely NO WAY of telling that you didn't pull your card from the bowl unless you actively admit that you didn't.

And this is where the main criticism against the way GF has handled Pokemon data for years comes from: forcing the player to play a slot machine over and over until he or she gets the sequence of numbers they want is not good game design and actively encourages people to go out of their way to bypass this system simply because the end result is the exact same except the latter group of people will have finished in mere minutes and can move on to actually practicing and playing against other players using their sheets of numbers.

The only way Nintendo or GF could prevent hacking or injecting is if the Pokemon games were always-online and the data was stored server-side, which is obviously not going to happen because that would be a whole can of worms for them to open.
>>
>>28796930
this must be bait lol

>And if the bad parts are THAT bad, don't play those parts
That's what we're doing though

>I'm so triggered by the shit I don't like.
Maybe don't go on the internet then

>you clearly shouldn't be playing video games if you get this butthurt about parts of video games you don't like
Apply that to yourself mb

>look like a bunch of insensitive twats that get angry when people call them out
That's you again
>>
>>28796944
Yeah and you fags still complain about it and you always will until you are force-fed shiny 6IV mons, and THEN you'll complain about the game being to casual because you fucks can't be happy with what you get.
>>
>>28796930
People are yelling at you because you're showing legit signs of autism, please leave the board and go to /v/, where you will also get BTFO.
>>
File: 1474910554147.jpg (153KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1474910554147.jpg
153KB, 1200x675px
>>28796956
Why would we complain about being force-fed 6IV shinies when we are already doing that to ourselves? Do you seriously not get that we don't give the slightest shit about the process for how Pokemon are acquired, we just want to play online against others ASAP. Your suggestion would give us exactly what we wanted.
>>
>>28796383
Dont blame the hackers. Blame your mother for not aborting you, autism isnt wirth living with
>>
File: 1474746165841.jpg (67KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1474746165841.jpg
67KB, 441x705px
>>28796956
>/vp/ is one person
It would be different if you inject pokemon you cant get through normal gameplay you absolute autist
>>
>>28796521
>>28796716
It takes less time. If you spend time breeding pokemon legitmately you should kill youself for being a fat slob that doesent work or contribute to society
>>
>>28796930
>I bought the game to play the game, not to be a lazy ass and hack the game the way I want it too because I'm so triggered by the shit I don't like.
But thats exactly what you're doing.
>>
File: 1474527969592.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474527969592.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>28796934
Fuck he's still going

>>28796930
Listen here you little faggot, we're sick of this.
>maybe prove me wrong then?
Get off your high fucking horse and then get your head out of your ass afterwards because we clearly have.

There is no reason why a person who exploits a game to save them self time is poor, lazy or uninterested in the game. There is no reason a sane person should get this upset over the fact that their precious little routine of sperging out 3 hours a day to play Pokémon 'the right way' is 'ruined' by other people who do not want to waste their time with something as monotonous and useless as breeding. If someone wants to spend their time breeding, cool, that's their choice. If someone wants to save their time by injecting, that's also their choice and there's nothing wrong with it, at all. The only person who gives a fuck is you, for some twatty reason you think you're better than anyone who decides to something a different (and quicker) way than you. And this thread is a pathetic attempt to rally your bros to call out injectors, when really you're the only one who is trying.

Fuck you man, you're a real dumb cunt and I don't even hack or inject.
>>
>>28796803
Injecting takes miles less time
Also if you dont have a job you need to kill youself. Being who dont contribute to society are oxygen, food and space thieves and need to remove their useless presence from this world.
>>
>>28796930
>it MIGHT be three hours at the most
Mother fucker have you ever tried to breed a fucking snorlax? Or literally any pseudo? Those take way lomger that 3 hours and that's just for one pokemon
>>
File: 111111111111222222222300.png (48KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
111111111111222222222300.png
48KB, 500x278px
>>28796930
>>28796956
>>
>>28796881
People who inject ARE better then you

We dont have debilitating mental disorders like autism

We have jobs and contribute to society

We dont like in our parent's basements and weigh as much as a truck

For your parents sake just end your pathetic life already you austistic retard.
>>
File: You'reAFaggot.jpg (29KB, 489x226px) Image search: [Google]
You'reAFaggot.jpg
29KB, 489x226px
>>28796956
>>
>>28796930
If your this self aware of your autism why have you allowed yourself to live too rhis point.

You are never going to be normal.
No one will ever love an austistic manchild.
You are just a drain on society and the lives of normal, mentally healthy people around you.
>>
Don't even know why I'm arguing over this stupid shit with you retards.

If you're just gonna spout petty insults and meme reaction images instead of just admitting that you're cheating then I'm just gonna fuck off.

>Inb4 "BTFO!! XD"

Nah, I just don't wanna waste time doing thing I don't like, I'll go do fun things instead. :^)
>>
File: 1474921229631.jpg (44KB, 535x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474921229631.jpg
44KB, 535x960px
Did he finally get BTFO?
>>
>>28796622
>with the current data structure for Pokemon and save files.
>Pokemon

It's already been confirmed that we can't send Pokemon back to Gen VI games if they're transferred to Gen VII games, so there's already a new data structure in place for Pokemon.
>>
>>28797096
>Ill go do fun things instead
like breeding?
>>
>>28797096
Thanks for leaving, autistic manchild.
>>
>>28797096
>I just don't wanna waste time doing thing I don't like
same, which is why I hack
>>
>>28797096
We are cheating.
But remember
We ARE BETTER then you
You are a loser who wastes his life on this shit while we just go straight into online battles.
You ARE WORSE then us because of your severe mental disability
>>
It's actually quite simple. Those who should be hacking are those who are looking to find the best Pokemon for competitive VGC.

There is absolutely no point in wasting your time breeding perfect pokemon or getting perfect legendaries when you could be testing for your next regional tournament instead.

If you put your time and effort into breeding a Pokemon, only to find out that it isn't the optimal option you were looking for due to its IVs or nature, you're going to have to do it. Again. And again. And again, until it's absolutely perfect for what you want it to be.

Why waste my time doing that when all I want to do is test teams to win? Give yourself the best chances to win.
>>
>>28797104
Yes, there's a new structure every gen, but it won't take long before it's dumped and decrypted. It's the same story every new gen. My main point is, due to the ease of access we have when it comes to RAM and save file access, it's far easier to crack the new formats now. It'll only be a decent challenge when the NX comes out. 3DS hacking has basically fucked any concept of security games like Pokemon could hope to have.
>>
>>28797096
I hope society soon allows us to just purge all autistics and other equally as bad mental disorders like Down Syndrome and Scitzophrenia to make the world a better place :)
>>
File: 1473906482710.png (477KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473906482710.png
477KB, 600x450px
>>28797133
>Tfw NX is a glitchy mess at the beginning and is more exploitable than the 3ds
>>
>>28797123
>We ARE BETTER then you
Eh not really.
After all you're the one that's spending so much time with the game that you feel the need to cheat so often.
And just for no real gain at that. It's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>28797133
>Yes, there's a new structure every gen, but it won't take long before it's dumped and decrypted.
>3DS hacking has basically fucked any concept of security games like Pokemon could hope to have.

Except for potential litigation, of course.
>>
>>28797143
(You'd be among them)
>>
>>28797152
>Not cheating from the beginning
>Being this inconsistent
>Says they're leaving, but replies
Wow, you really are autistic.
>>
>2016
>complaining about pirates

Unfortunately, they are here to stay and whining about it will do absolutely nothing.
>>
>>28797152
spending 3h breeding a single pokemon vs injecting it in 1 minute, both for no real gain.

But the ones with the 1 minute method are the ones "spending so much time" uhh... ok

>>28797153
I hope you aren't implying that nintendo is going to sue injectors lol
>>
>>28797173
>Pirates
lol what? How is this relevant? The manchild mentioned it once in his autistic blabbering?
>>
>>28797153
Yeah but they won't do that, they haven't in all the years Pokemon hacking has been a thing, and now that A9LH is so widespread and easily achievable, it's basically out of their hands. I don't think you can even take legal action against someone releasing tools like JKSM or PKHeX?
>>
>>28797185

See >>28796383
>>
>>28797147
lel, I hope so. i've grown used to piracy on the 3DS/WiiU. you don't realise how much money you sink into this shit until you don't have to anymore.
>>
>>28797187
Read the thread
>>
File: 1474091782959.png (588KB, 762x723px) Image search: [Google]
1474091782959.png
588KB, 762x723px
>>28797096
BTFO!! XD

You're so pathetic I hope your replies were screen capped so this board can laugh at you for years to come. Best part about it is, you'll STILL think you weren't being a retarded cunt nugget by then.
>>
>>28797189
It will be. I got the wii u when it came out, it was hilariously easy.
>>
>>28797206
As much as i hate Serenaposting, this is quality.
>>
>>28797207
Didn't loadiine, etc only really become available in the past couple years? I mean sure, vWii was a thing but that's different. And as for the 3DS, proper CFW took ages to become a thing, especially CFW that could withstand updates effectively, we've only seen that come on in the past year and a half or so (for the n3DS at least).
>>
File: 1472017412465.jpg (73KB, 655x546px) Image search: [Google]
1472017412465.jpg
73KB, 655x546px
I just came to add that I inject and I don't care if you do or not. As long as your shit is legal that's cool. I mostly just play showdown on my phone, but it's nice to hop on battle spot or battle RL friends from time to time. I even ask them sometimes like "Yo, I'm bored who wants me inject some pokemon, or I have that Japanese Volcanion, shoot me a text and I'll send you one." And everyone is cool with it. One of my friends has a legit living dex and he simply doesn't trade with me. We still battle every now and then too.

That's how you do it. Have fun your way.
>>
>>28797186
>I don't think you can even take legal action against someone releasing tools like JKSM or PKHeX?

They technically could, programs like PKHeX aren't authorized by Nintendo and produce trademarked files without their permission.

Also...

>Yeah but they won't do that, they haven't in all the years Pokemon hacking has been a thing.

That's largely due to the prize structure for tournaments. TPCi gave out scholarships instead of cash prizes with top-tier tournaments and now that it's changing with the new tournament structure you better believe that they'll make sure that people are playing by the rules.
>>
>>28797167
That would be implying I'm him.
Word of advice, pay attention to the user count.
It also explains that "inconsistency" you noted. But as they say trying to find a pattern in everything is a sign of autism.

In any case, you lot take the game way too seriously like it's what you were born to do. I wouldn't call such an investment into this series being "better" by any means.

Personally I don't have anything against hacking as a concept just the overall community. They're like poison.
>>
>>28797320
>trademarked files

law expert here
>>
>>28797346
>Word of advice, pay attention to the user count.
being this retarded
>>
File: 1473526194473.png (125KB, 466x532px) Image search: [Google]
1473526194473.png
125KB, 466x532px
I don't inject because its a slippery slope.
When you have access to everything it's simply not that special after a while, why put any effort if you can get everything with no effort and just end up bored and drop the games.
>>
>>28797346
>Cheating to get best mon
>"taking it too seriously"
>>
>>28797365
Because most people only play for a few months and move on. The only reason /vp/ is even moving so much is because Sun and Moon is almost out. After a few months it'll taper off because most people on play and battle for a little while. Then a new game comes out and we're hype again.

tldr, Not many people are actually attached to their pokemon. they just want to play through the game a battle their friends a bit.
>>
>>28796634
I enjoy using a 6 IV Ditto because I genuinely enjoy breeding but starting from scratch is excruciating. I didn't even breed before the destiny knot tweak. Now breeding for me hits a nice middle ground between "too easy" and "frustrating", and I enjoy it the way it is. But I really don't claim to be better than anyone. I play the way I like, everyone else plays the way they like. I believe that once you have purchased a game it's property and you should be free to tinker with it as much as you want
>>
File: 1449037657736.jpg (26KB, 410x330px) Image search: [Google]
1449037657736.jpg
26KB, 410x330px
>>28796383
>game freak
>putting effort into their games

Also I'm pretty sure FRLG doesn't do that. Only reason it would be able to is if you hacked it wrong. A properly hacked Pokémon is 100% indistinguishable from a legit one.
>>
File: 1431629978409.png (67KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1431629978409.png
67KB, 449x1197px
>>28796803
>"Fun" doesn't matter here

The new slogan for bikefags
>>
>>28796887
Denuvo's been a pretty tough bitch. I know a few games got cracked but the amount of time it's taking is crazy compared to how it used to be.
>>
>>28796387
but what if the hackers hack pp on any move no matter what?
>>
Yes, it'd be very easy.

All you'd have to do is add a system that creates a hash of the trainer's party and box whenever the player saves the game. This hash is saved to the 3DS system rather than the game cart.

When the save is loaded, a new hash is generated of the player's party and boxes and is checked against the old hash. If they are different, you can just ban the player from online. Same thing can be done for the inventory.

Why don't they do this? Because they know competitive is fueled by hackers. Without hacking, they lose most of their competitive player base. The fact that they're adding Hyper Training should tell you this. Get over it.
>>
File: 1364630004610.png (32KB, 239x252px) Image search: [Google]
1364630004610.png
32KB, 239x252px
>>28797301
>tfw giving your little bro injected events when they come out in Japan so he can gloat about it to his friends

It's like when my cousin showed me the Missingno. glitch before it was super widespread, just giving a child so much power.
>>
>Verlisify has returned
Quick, everyone give him sets to steal that are totally viable and don't belong in a dumpster.
>>
File: 1472337976431.png (127KB, 437x447px) Image search: [Google]
1472337976431.png
127KB, 437x447px
>>28797365
But surely if this was the case no-one would play showdown and battle sims because there's nothing special, everyone can just get any pokemon.

If you inject just to complete pokedexes and never play online, then sure, you're retarded and burning yourself out. But if you have every intention of playing against others, all injection does is cut out the unnecessarily long and random prep-phase so that you can have fun faster.
>>
>>28797764
>Why don't they do this?

Because the games aren't digital-only and you can put the game cart in a different 3DS? I remember if you tried going online in a different DS in Gen IV and V you'd lose all your Pal Pad data, imagine if it deleted your entire save file.
>>
>>28797764
Homebrew can interact with the system memory. It could easily check and replicate the hash, especially if it's a datatype similar to that of a pokemon.
>>
>>28797764
The old QR-code style injection directly affected RAM without ever writing to save files, so your solution wouldn't solve anything.

You're also assuming that people would be unable to rewrite the cias and essentially create romhacks that circumvent this check.
>>
File: 1473341415876.png (125KB, 473x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473341415876.png
125KB, 473x440px
>>28797736
Antipiracy isn't the same as antihack. Antipiracy is trying to prevent someone who hasn't bought the game from using it altogether whereas antihack is trying to figure out every possible way that someone can cheat and preventing them.

Even if Ninty prevent people from creating Pokemon:

ENTIRELY SERVER SIDE GAMES
- someone's going to bot it (true of most server side only games for example PoGo) if it's too difficult to crack
- send false data to the server (I've done this before), or interpret how the communication is taking place and set up a MITM
- setting up one's own server

ROM LOCATED ON THE DEVICE ITSELF
- hack/patch the ROM and obtain the desired result from the server (particularly popular with IDA)
- modify the system/RAM to obtain the desired result from the server (particularly popular with dylib tweaks on iOS)
- intercept the result from the server as it's coming in again MITM

SAVE DATA IS LOCATED ON THE DEVICE ITSELF
- The easiest, just figure out how the memory is getting stored
- If there's some kind of hash, a person who figures out the hash can beam it back to their device through the use of some kind of MITM, like Fiddler (there was also a packet editor but I forgot what it was called - server sends some kind of result and then fake it)

GAME IS ENTIRELY SERVER SIDE BUT CAN BE EMULATED
- True of most botting. Some clever person writes up a python script or some shit and either emulates it or simulates clicking/botting. I've written automation scripts on computer before and PC botting is the easiest
>>
>>28797815
I thought they stopped all the GO botting with better checks. I stopped paying attention to GO when it stopped taking up 50 threads at a time on /vp/ though.
>>
No.

Game Freak is better off making it so people don't feel the need to hack.

Add a nature changer. Add a hidden ability capsule. Make ability capsules easier to get. Make EVs easier to grind. They're adding the hyper trainer but if bottle caps aren't easy to get, it won't mean shit.

If I can build competitive viable Pokemon in less than 3 hours, that's when I'll stop using PKHeX
>>
>>28797830
I stopped following it after the Unknown6 debacle but all the cheat forums, discords and map makers are still quite lively which is a definite indication that they still haven't fixed the problem of people breaking into the API kek.

All the big videogames are plagued by it (I don't play videogames but I like to read about how people will make and sell closed source hacks like wall hacks and aim hacks). Only this year a video game corporation sued a bot/cheat maker: https://torrentfreak.com/blizzard-sues-starcraft-ii-hackers-copyright-infringement-140521/ The selling of hacks provides a monetary incentive for people to keep cracking.

Cybergadget and powersaves are an example of how people stand to profit economically from the pockets of Pokemon fans and if Pokemon Go was a more fully featured game you'd see people selling and making even more of these services.
>>
>>28797855
>If I can build competitive viable Pokemon in less than 3 hours
You can already make a team in about an hour and a half with the changes made.
>>
File: fun is just a buzzword.jpg (206KB, 940x1020px) Image search: [Google]
fun is just a buzzword.jpg
206KB, 940x1020px
>>28796803
>"Fun" doesn't matter here
>>
>>28796341
Not really, no. Pokemon are just data at the end of the day. It's not hard to manipulate the game into thinking such data is the real deal.
>>
>>28797889
What method are you using? It takes me at least an hour to even hatch a 5IV optimal nature pokemon.
>>
>>28797764
>what are secure values
They literally do something very similar now with all CIA games, it's exceptionally easy to bypass and all the modern save managers like JKSM bypass it automatically

Even if that worked, complete R/W access to the RAM via things like NTR and the ability to make romfs/exefs redirects means it could be bypassed anyway.
>>
>People who do it legit whine about others trivialising it and taking the easy way out
>Use a set in stone routine that's built to maximise efficiency they learned about off the internet, all while doing something else anyway
>>
>>28797861
They cracked u6 within a few days and bots were live again for a while. Recently things have stagnated due to implementation of Safety Net pissing off a large majority of the userbase responsible for hacks and such.
>>
>>28797928
Same method you are most likely. I just make use of the Dexnav and previously bred mon. The only thing that really extends the time for me is when I need a male on high female mon so I can use it to battle and breed. Aside from that it's fairly quick.
>>
>>28796383
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>28797931
yup

Once you have complete read and write access to everything there's not really much they can do anymore except for always online stuff
>>
Easy, just turn the games into pokemon battle simulators.

Instead of having to catch, breed, train pokemon, just give an in-game option of generating pokemon with the desired stats, moves, ev, iv, shininess, held item, etc. to use in multiplayer.
>>
>>28798799
brilliant! who wouldnt love to see all the six 999 in every stat perfect moveset mega fug in every single team?
>>
>>28799215
you probably thought this wasa clever post but all it did was showcase how you completely lack any sort of understanding of how battle simulators work and that you're also clearly an unintelligent individual
>>
>>28799806
You're the autistic one if you think an option of generating a pokemon in every detail for competitive matches wouldn't lead to a legion of people generating the same PERFEKT POKEMON they saw on the internet every single goddamn team
>>
Maybe the "pokemons in online battles have their stats maximized" rumor/meme that has been going on since B/W release will be real this time.
>>
>>28799837
thank you for further proving my point
>>
File: image.png (69KB, 294x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69KB, 294x191px
>>28797096
BTFO fucking retard man child!!! XDD
>>
>>28799837
It doesn't work the way you think it does, though.
>>
I wish devs in general would embrace hacking and mods. I'd love to make custom clothing for my trainer and skin custom pokeballs. It gives a game a longer lifespan and encourages more people to buy it. Heck, the only reason I bought morrowind back in the day was for the modding community.
>>
File: 1474061899854.gif (480KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474061899854.gif
480KB, 500x360px
>>28796341
Nice try Nintendo.
>>
If you cheat in a game that's literally made for children you have no place to say what's cringe and what isn't
>>
>>28801914
...it's not CHEATING it's just MAKING COMPETETIVE MORE ACCESSIBLE
COMPETETIVE is NOT for children!
>>
>>28801951
... Your AUTISM is FLARING up AGAIN
>>
>>28801951
lmao have fun with your autism
>>
Holy shit you guys can't be this retarded.

>One guy claims he hacks so he can play the competitive part of the game without grinding.
>User responds saying you're still wasting time with competitive so you're an impatient faggot

Like what? What is the mindset of these people? They're obviously the ones wasting a shitload of time so you can't pull that card at all.

>"It doesn't matter if you're having fun, you're still wasting your time playing the game so you should play all of it"
kek
Sometimes I wonder if you people even know what games are intended for
>>
>>28796930
"You don't play a game the cheat out the parts you don't like, that doesn't even make sense."

That makes perfect sense wut.
Why do you think mods exist. Pokemon is absolutely a better game without the grind to make competitive teams.
>>
>>28796803
>>28796763
I know this was 11 hours ago but
>Holding a direction on the D-Pad
>"playing the game"

Neck yourself
>>
File: Luxray.png (25KB, 378x446px) Image search: [Google]
Luxray.png
25KB, 378x446px
>>
>>28796763
If you want things to be hard for the sake of being hard why not just cut off your limbs and stab out your eyes?

I mean, mobility and vision make it so hard to me have a feel of self-gratification when I do things :^)
>>
File: keb.jpg (50KB, 404x394px) Image search: [Google]
keb.jpg
50KB, 404x394px
>he has to cheat at a children's game
>>
>>28803333
Checked
>>
I've spent countless hours breeding the legit way and I don't care if people hack. I even benefit from it because I've gotten some pretty neat hacked mons wonder trading.

The thing is, I breed because I like it. Every one is free to play as they enjoy it the most and whatever other people do or don't with the game is not my concern.

So what if someone can generate a perfect IV mon in a minute. As long as I can still get one by the grace of the RNG I don't care.
>>
>>28796341
When using hacked pokemon in battle, game will crash and save data will be be deleted.

>evil laugh
>>
File: 1378072924104.jpg (41KB, 578x356px) Image search: [Google]
1378072924104.jpg
41KB, 578x356px
>>28803333
What a waste of quads.
>>
>>28796803
>Have a job
>Have two five iv ditto
>Fuly breeding a perfect pokemon takes me 30-45 minutes each
>On days I actually feel like playing pokemon get two to three pokemon breeded and on another day ev and then lvl them to 50 through spamming pokemon league. This takes roughly the same amount of time as the breeding

I generally don't understand when people complain about no time to breed with their jobs. I still find tons of time to hang with friends and family even. Granted I work nights but still
>>
>>28804677
With Blissey Bases and Hordes + power items + Pokerus, you can literally EV train and level 5 Pokemon at a time
>>
>>28796622
>NO one is claiming
Fuck off. Injecting IS better and is easier and is faster and is the best. Period. Go back to 7eddit, newcuck.
>>
>>28796341
No.
>>
>>28796416
They did, it just doesn't work because hackers got gud.
>>
File: 1462446153834.png (257KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462446153834.png
257KB, 500x375px
>>28803333
>he wastes hours running back and forth on a bicycle in a children's game

>>28804402
>only happens in battle
>hackers put hacked Pokémon en masse through Wonder Trade
>>
I don't why some people want to force other people to waste hours of their time breeding for no reason.
>>
>>28805588
>go to endless cycling path
>find way to keep circle pad pressing left/ up (XY/ORAS respectively)
>fuck off and do something else in the interim; check back every so often
>>
I don't care as much now that we can train IVs.
>>
>>28805683
Why do that, and slowly wear down my 3DS battery further when a full charge with Wi-Fi turned off and all brightness/3D/etc. settings turned to minimum only lasts a couple hours on my 3DS, when I can avoid doing that and get the end product directly?
>>
>>28805862
Because some people value gaming the system rather than skipping it I guess.
>>
>>28797096
hey nigger go steal a bike and hatch deez nutz
>>
Why is this shitty thread still alive
>>
>>28796341
They're literally making it easier and easier to get a perfect pokemon the legit way.
Only reason to cheat by this gen is out of massive laziness or to get shinies.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.