[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's okay if you hate Heartgold and Soulsilver but I will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 10

File: HeartGoldUS.jpg (394KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
HeartGoldUS.jpg
394KB, 800x728px
it's okay if you hate Heartgold and Soulsilver but I will never understand why
>>
Shit level curve that only autistic manchildren defend because they want to feel like a game for literal babies has difficulty.
>>
>>28773604
So wait....

Does the level curve make it too easy or too hard?
>>
its shit, thats why
>>
>>28773629
LOL upboat
>>
>>28773622
I dont want to use the word "hard" because it will invite the legions of autistic "git gud" shitposters. The level curve puts the player at a disadvantage and discourages experimentation with different types of Pokemon. Unless you chose your team in the early stages of the game, you will always be underlevled for bosses.
>>
>>28773676
>discourages experimentation with different types of Pokemon
What?
>>
I dont hate, I just prefer every other game
>>
>>28773676
So you're saying the game was too hard for you. Okay.

Best Pokemon game btw
>>
>>28773685
Take the 8th gym for example. The area around it has level ~20 mons but the gym leader has level 40 mons, it would take a shitton of time to grind if one of the pokemon you wanted to use were in that area.
>>
My only real complaint is that they fucked up remaking the music. Crystal will forever be my favorite pokemon game and majority of my nostalgia for it goes to the music and sprite animations. I was excited when hg/ss came out but my heart broke when i heard the awful music remake
>>
>>28773716
He started out by saying he wouldn't call it hard...
>>
>>28773716
You spelt B2W2 wrong.
Also, you literally just proved his point about autistic /v/ posters saying shit like "git gud"
>>
>>28773725
Well I think the thing is, if you want to use the newer pokemon that *should* be strong against ice type, you're gonna have to work for it
>>
>>28773769
Ice types strong against Dragon types*
>>
>>28773685
If you're progressing through the main storyline and decide you want to bring a new Pokemon onboard to your team then good luck getting that mon up to a decent level to face a boss because of the fucked up level curve.
>>
>>28773769
The 8th gym is dragon-type.
Plus, your idea is retarded, the entire point of Pokemon is to use new 'mon and experiment the types you haven't used before.
>>
>>28773792
...Uh the level curve is slow as fuck. The point is exactly so you can experiment as much as you want.
>>
>>28773716
>Game for babies
>Hard
>>
>>28773742
>You spelt B2W2 wrong.
he didn't spelled a single game name
You are using this meme wrong.
>>
File: image.png (559KB, 771x796px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
559KB, 771x796px
>>28773716
>HGSSfags are this big of sperglords
Calm down. No other people on this board defend their games this idiotically when people point out the flaws.

It's especially funny considering how bad HGSS are. They have the worst defense force on /vp/.
>>
>>28773803
Then experiment with an ice type since you just left an ice cave.
>>
>>28773806
Uh no? The boss are overleveld, the wild mons are underleveld, and the trainer NPCs are underlevled too so you're not accumulating enough experience to get stronger.
>>
>>28773742
Nobody said git gud. He's just worried about grinding if you run into the 8th gym with no ice to take her out. I guess i was just lucky I had feraligator with ice fang. Admittedly, that's where my wife quit the game, because she had no ice type. So I see the problem that can arise
>>
>>28773815
>>
>>28773604
>says shit level
>because the opponent's level are too high
>they want to feel like a game for literal babies has difficulty
this whole post doesn't make sense
>>
>>28773842
>the bosses are overleved
How? Just battle the huge amount of trainers before each one. Sounds like you just like catching level 5 mons when you're at the 20's stage.
>>
>>28773834
>the level 20 ice type you'll have to raise by 15 levels if you even want it to be capable of taking on the gym
Nobody likes grinding for that long. It's tedious. Especially in Gen IV where each battle takes like ten years to finish.
>>
>>28773803
See >>28773783
>>
>>28773859
>he huge amount of trainers before each one
Yeah. The trainers with mons 12 levels lower than yours than give out so little EXP that you'll have gained a single level in time for the boss. I sure love fighting all those Rattata!
>>
>>28773864
Lol, just battle the huge amount of ground types you'll face next. It's ridiculously easy to get a mamoswine going, especially since the move rememberer (i forgot his name) is in that exact same city.
>>
>>28773883
Is it bad that bosses are hard?
>>
File: edgy b8.jpg (34KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
edgy b8.jpg
34KB, 550x633px
>>28773883
You're just making shit up at this point, but ok.
>>
>>28773803
The point of Pokemon is that it's a videogame and you can do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>28773901
>what is a hyperbole
>>
>>28773886
>level 25 exploding Graveler is the best thing you'll fight
yeah nah
>>
>>28773824
>No other people on this board defend their games this idiotically when people point out the flaws
literally first day newfag
>>
>>28773857
Artificial difficulty is not difficulty. It's like saying playing your dad in chess is hard because he makes you play with 5 less pieces than you're supposed to.
>>28773859
Again the trainer NPCs are underleveld so you're not accumulating enough experience for a boss.
>>
>>28773915
Well maybe you shouldn't use hyperboles in an argument through text
>>
File: image.png (126KB, 578x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126KB, 578x457px
>>28773901
>I've never actually played HGSS: the post
Here's your (You), my man!
>>
>>28773895
BUT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SWEEP THEM WITH ONE HIT KILLS
>>
>>28773924
Graveler isn't even the highest exp. points giver you can find in that route. Gligar is much better.
>>
>>28773936
That wasn't me.
Also, maybe you should learn about reading comprehension, first.
>>
>>28773927
I've been here for years. HGSSfags are the most autistic people on this board, only surpassed by Gardevoirfags.
>>
The biggest thing I noticed with HGSS fanboys is they're so autistic that they actually think tedium is difficulty.
>>
>>28773864
>98% of water types can learn ice type moves
>you need a surf, whirlpool, and waterfall mon to begin with
>"I have no Pokémon on my team who can deal with dragons by 8th gym!"
lol
>>
>>28773932
so, if is not difficulty, then there is no problem with the level curve
also, wtf are you talking about? the easiest games are the gen VI ones
>>
>>28773932
Not really, but whatever. Just try a different order and go for the trainers in the route before red gyarados or fight Team Rocket, explore. Ya know, what people used to before they had a boring straight line baby spoon fed game.
>>
>>28773950
>20% encounter rate
>only found in Gold
yeah real fun grinding there
>>
>>28773967
No. Just no.

anti-HGSSfags are the only ones that call it hard, you don't need to grind in any pokemon game ever
>>
>>28773970
Where do you get the Ice Beam tm though?
>>
Nah I don't give a shit about the level scaling what peeves me is the lack of Joto pokemon in Joto. Apparently they'll all hiding out sub level 20 mid Kanto, I mean what the fuck?

Then you have retarded shit like Snubull showing up on one route at 1%. I almost killed myself getting a male Granbull.
>>
>>28773947
Show me just one trainer like that, dude.

>>28773964
What are you talking about?

>>28773981
20% isn't that rare senpai.
>>
>>28773581
Bad level curve, bad Pokemon distribution, and veeeery slooooow.

Those are the big three problems with the game.

>>28773967
This. It's easily the most tedious game in the franchise. It's not difficult in the slightest due to being a Pokemon game, but the way they designed it is so godawful that it's the only game I can't sit through a replay of.
>>
>>28773972
How stupid are you? What I said doesn't negate the fact the level curve is shit.
>>28773975
Did all that on my last playthrough. Level curve is still shit.

Here we go with the autists confusing the crap level curve for difficulty again.
>>
>>28773989
You can buy Blizzard as soon as you first visit Goldenrod.
>>
>>28774018
>very slow
It's miles faster than the other gen 4 games
>>
>>28774026
So why are you complaining about the level curve?
All of your posts doesn't make sense
>>
>>28773989
Goldenrod Game Counter. Literally third gen. Get good
>>
>>28774003
Learn how to comprehend what you're reading.
Hyperboles and literary devices are 6th grade shit.If you can't detect literary devices, then you're as dumb as a rock.
>>
>>28774057
*gym
>>
>>28774026
How did you do it? I went east first, caught gyarados, then defeated team rocket locally in mahogany, then went west and evolved my eevee into espeon, was able to train it quickly in the fighting gym (plus all the trainers in the sea), then went back to ice gym, then east even more, only then steel and then team rocket.
was fun to try things differently. what i like about this game is that it's always different, you can always try something new.
>>
>>28773581
I don't hate them. I just feel they tend to get more praise than they deserve.
>>
File: low quality b8.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality b8.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>28774073
>posts wrong claims
>claims it was hyperbole and it was me who should've gotten it in the first place
>can't even explain himself properly now
boy oh boy
>>
File: nbn.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nbn.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
>>28774050
Ok let me break it down for you.

>Level curve is shit
>Wild pokes are underleveld
>NPC trainers are underleveld and have little variety in said levels
>Bosses are overleveld
>You will always be at a disadvantage unless you formed your team at the beginning of the game
>This is what is known as "Artificial difficulty"

Do you understand now?
>>
>>28774147
NPC's are fine. I really don't get what these horrible NPC's are you keep claiming. Just point me one already.
>>
>>28773622
It's not hard because at it's core no Pokemon game is designed to be difficult IMO. The level curve stagnates around Lake of Rage because you can really do whatever you want from there. This leads to random trainers all being around level 25 with really shitty rosters even when rematched while "boss" characters can be upwards 12 levels ahead of them. It's not that they shouldn't give a challenge, if Pokemon games truly wanted to challenge people you have romhacks and even some vanilla ingame battle facilities showcasing what they can do with the mechanics implemented not to mention even with the level difference if you stayed with roughly the same team you should be perfectly capable of handling them.

What it does is it makes it more tedious to grind up newer mons. What makes Pokemon replayable is the variety of monsters the player can capture and build a team with. Making it feel like a chore doesn't necessarily mean they'll form the same (autistic) bonds other people have here when they use the same mons for a long time.

Being on a site where shitposting is rampant this leads to an us vs them circular argument that usually just ends in people calling each other retards or casuals til the thread hits bump limit.

While it's annoying it's not really a deal breaker for me because it would actually be pretty annoying to balance that and still give the feeling that you're playing a remake of GSC because so many Gen 2 Pokemon are shitmons and with enough time you can beat the game using fucking anything.
>>
>>28774147
You either call this hard or easy.
You can't do both
And why the fuck aren't you complaining about gen VI?
No "Artificial difficulty", no difficulty at all
>>
File: great variety.png (6KB, 664x44px) Image search: [Google]
great variety.png
6KB, 664x44px
>>28773581
johto and kanto are both garbage

there's no pokemon variety at all, every cave has geodudes or zubats, every route has rattatas or pidgeys

pic related is the number of areas containing rattata
>>
>>28774191
This is all fair. I agree with this post, actually.
Not the anon you're replying to.
>>
>>28774237
Like Zigzagoon in gen III?
That's not an argument at all
>>
>>28774039
This. I'm replaying Platinum and it feels like such a slog compared to HG/SS. I noticed in Platinum that a Pokemon's animated intro will always play, even when animations are turned off. This was fixed in HG/SS and I could have sworn the overall speed of battles increased too (hp bar and exp bar speed.)
>>
File: roman b8.jpg (21KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
roman b8.jpg
21KB, 600x586px
>>28774237
>252 mons
>biggest dex at the time
nice one, i'll give to you
>>
>>28774270
at what point did i say hoenn was good

it's just not quite as bad because they introduced a large number of pokemon, which allowed an acceptable amount of variety

i can't bring myself to play through a kanto or johto game because every area has 1 or 2 new things at best and in some cases 0
>>
>>28774270
or Starly line in Sinnoh
>>
>>28774320
>>28774145
>>28773901
le tricky hook meme
>>
>>28774357
you sure know how to notice obvious things
>>
>>28774350
sinnoh was also garbage with starly / bidoof / kricketot / their evolutions in every route

getting to a new area with wild pokemon should feel like a reward, like you just got to a treasure trove of shit you couldn't get before

gen 5 and gen 6 did a decent job of this simply because they had so much to work with
>>
>>28774165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz7-zgEIrvI

8:20

The NPCs before Victory Road(which has no trainers at all) have Pokemon in the early to mid 30s while the Elite 4 has Pokemon in the mid to late 40s.A huge level jump. How is that acceptable?
>>
>>28774442
>gen 5 and gen 6 did a decent job of this simply because they had so much to work with
exactly. And this is gen 2
>>
>>28774454
By then you should almost have your team ready, but it should also be possible for you to get a new mon if you want to. You can rebattle many of these trainers anyway since it's past the seventh gym.
>>
>>28774588
and that's why i hate gen 2
>>
File: pik.gif (521KB, 540x244px) Image search: [Google]
pik.gif
521KB, 540x244px
>Muh unfair level curve
>People legitimately complain about the difficulty of a remake that was made easier than the versions I and my friends completed without issue as ~ten-year-old children
>>
>>28773676
git gud
>>
reminder that hgss always comes out on top on the strawpolls we've had here

reminder that pokeathlon alone was more fun than than pwt
>>
>>28773676
Actually, you need to variate your team otherwise you couldn't beat those overleveled pokemon
>>
Because I can't use pokemon I want to use without killing off the entire Tauros population in Johto.
>>
>>28773581
Bad level curve, had almost no story, to this day dont understand what team rocket was trying to do.
Plus the game corrupted itself and deleted my living dex back in 4th gen and i was/am salty about it
>>
>>28775610
>to this day dont understand what team rocket was trying to do.
They wanted Giovanni back and also wanted to keep Team Rocket going until he came back IIRC.

Very small potatoes compared to the rest of Pokemon but they were mutilating Slowpokes and selling their tails so that's pretty fucked up.
>>
Ice type gym was pretty easy desu. Just teach slowking blizzard before you get ice beam
As for leveling I never had much of a problem with it. Though the distribution of mons was pretty bad
>>
>>28773629
got em XD
>>
HGSS's level curve is fucked because after morty you can fight chuck, jasmine and pryce in any order. Chuck has a typical progression with a route, the lighthouse and two water routes you do before you fight him, but then Jasmine somehow jumps a whole 4-5 levels with no enemies to fight inbetween, then Pryce drops 1-3 levels for no reason while the Rocket Hideout is filled with trainers that have level 15 pokemon with low exp yields, so if you're roling with a team of six, by the time you have 7 badges, your levels are around 30-35. And then you go to Goldenrod to fight more level 20's with the bosses actually having appropiate levels, but since there are only 4 of them you don't really gain much experience from the whole Rocket takeover, which means you're around level 34-37 once you tell Archer to fuck off.

You're still mostly fighting 1st stage pokemon, even when you beat Clair. It's ridicilous, because NFE's have low exp yields.
>>
>tfw I bought that game today
Arrived at Goldenrod now. Bravo GF, you made a great job in these.
>>
>>28773824
Holy shit, you spelled B2W2 wrong throughout your entire post
>>
File: 1400027620546.jpg (982KB, 1280x886px) Image search: [Google]
1400027620546.jpg
982KB, 1280x886px
>>28773581
I still love these games and others don't and I can accept that. Better to have a board with varied taste than everything being the same. It's also more fun that way and leads to more heated arguments, (both with valid criticism or baiting/shitposting) to watch. Part of my own reasoning for liking them has to be nostalgia as I'm finding it harder to defend some of the choices made in HG/SS and liking BW2 more than I ever thought I would.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks it was a deliberate thing to make the game more challenging for people old enough to have played the original gold and silver?
It just made me have to come up with strategies around certain moves to deal with higher leveled gym leaders.
I thought the point was that johto was less of a pokemon battling region than Kanto since Kanto has the pokemon league and more trainers with higher level and evolved pokemon.
I don't feel like I'm defending HG, I just enjoyed the game as a strategy challenge.
I love the way the newer games allow you to have your pokemon set up with great coverage, boosting and support moves early on because of fast levelling, but I found HG enjoyable despite not allowing this and forcing me to think about the "other" moves you wouldn't necessarily use on a pokemon at level 100, but that are useful at 25-35.

>Disable on Hypno
>Magnitude/Rock Blast on Graveller
>Charge Beam on Electrode
>thinking about Lance's Gyarados and its Intimidate, and making a strategy for that.

A couple of gym leaders took a couple of tries and some rethinking, and the elite four took me a couple of tries, but that was fun coming up with a way that I could have my Raticate survive a hit to get a Swords Dance up and switching in Lapras against Gyarados and using Curse safely because Gyarados' special attack wasn't high enough for its Dragon Pulse to be too threatening while Lapras set up.

What's so bad about this? Am I autistic?
>>
Speaking of HG/SS, I replayed Gold a while ago and still feel like it holds up. It's not perfect, but I do like the faster battle speed of the Gen 2 games compared to gen 4. It was also nice not being bothered by catching something and seeing it has a crap ability, or a crap nature, or something along those lines. It doesn't matter much in the main story but it's something that always bugged me.
>>
>>28773581
The game shoves old pokemon on your face for the first half of it where the leveling pace is actually good, and then it actually punishes you when you want to try new Pokemon that start to become more available post Morty.

Some johto lines are actually post league and have shity levels making it a hassle to level them up.

These games level up curve and Pokémon availability is stupid.
>>
>>28773581
/vp/ is full of contrarian autists, they love D/P, for example
>>
>>28773581
>it's okay if you hate Heartgold and Soulsilver

it's NOT okay. fuck people like that.
>>
>>28777518
>they love D/P, for example

this. DPP is the trash from the bottom of the barrel.

>>28777436
nature is irrelevant and only a placeholder for a strong stat they might or might not have based on their nature.
>>
>>28777436
Nature stuff is wonky sometimes.
I think I found an Abra once with Serious Nature but "somewhat of a clown". already paradox.
>>
>>28773676
Git gud
>>
>>28773581
I love HGSS and is one of the best games of the franchise with a fantastic reboot of GSC.

But the problems are;

1. Lack of Pokémon distribution and availability.
2. Level curves taking longer time to train a new Pokémon from the beginning.

Most of the HG/SS players' teams are no different than each other, as the distribution forces you to capture almost the same Pokémon, if not with 1-2 changes. If you want to change your team afterwards, then you face with issues that it takes ages to start from the very beginning.

Also, after completing the game, it is not easy to train and level up apart from E4 and Kanto Fighting Dojo. In addition, Gen IV series are commonly known for having a low game-speed compared to other generations, which is making the process much harder than it already is.

Apart from the aforementioned 2 reasons, they are one of the best games of the franchise.
>>
>>28780211

i can't call em one of the best when they cut out a fuckton of content and remove location based evolutions *that debuted in the same generation.*

I want a game that fixed my favorite region, not a soulless cash grab.
>>
>>28773581
I remember rushing through this games just using Typhlosion because how boring the whole thing was. The music is literally the only good thing about this game.
Johto is the worst region. Long live anything besides that.
>>
>>28773895
That's implying they're hard.
It's utterly pathetic if someone finds HGSS hard.
>>
>>28774057
Yeah, more tedium.
Fantastic.
>>
>>28774207
Here comes the deflecting.
In any case the reason no one complains about gen 6 in that way is that it's much, much easier to tailor your run around what you want while HGSS is limiting as fuck because of the scaling.
>>
>>28774788
Yeah because it totally doesn't start out on the bottom and stay there until it shoots up when people bot it.
>>
We can all agree it's the most beautifull game to this day.
>>
>>28780662
Eh, Unova was better.
Aside from the short path to the tower all of HGSS kind of looked similar.
>>
>>28780662
For the most part, I liked the sprites in HG/SS more than the other games.
>>
>>28773581

Because Platinum had refined the difficulty curve to such a degree that HG/SS feels like a slap in the face.
>>
>>28773725
Its not about power moves only, you normie pogo player. L2supportmoveset, bitch.

Only chance to experience real pokemon gameplay and you bitching about it. Faggots like you the reason why x and y turned shit.
>>
>>28773842
You just bad and you crying to be spoonfed. Go play pogo and xy, you belong there.
>>
>>28773581
Cus Crystal was better
>>
>>28780769
>L2supportmoveset, bitch.
Yeah, limit yourself more why don't you.
TMs are also single use and many you can only get once. It's a complete waste to use it for in game on a shitmon.
>>
>>28780769
>Only chance to experience real pokemon gameplay
>he thinks pokemon is about tediously grinding up a new Pokemon.
You poor kid.
>>
>>28773604
>a game for literal babies
kek, love this mem
>>
I love HGSS but that level curve around the 7th gym is killer. I cant use my fave shitmons without having to grind for like 3 hours for the 8th badge and then the E4 grind is shit. I still love them tho once you get past that curve.
>>
>>28780819
>and then the E4 grind is shit.
You know what would have fixed it? Putting in some trainers in Victory Road or at the very least it would have lessened the grind.
>>
>>28780826
I think the real thing that went wrong was how you could go to Pryce once you had surf. The levels stay the same for the route for Pryce as the route for Jasmine and Chuck. They needed to increase the level of the wild pokemon then increase the levels and numbers of trainers on victory road.
>>
>>28777518
no one loves d/p on 4chan. they love platinum and sinnoh
>>
>>28780883
They made the right choice. Platinum made gen 4 better. Gen 4 was the worst until PT, now its above 3 and 6, and 5 in terms of pokemon design, not story thogh.
>>
>>28780423
not necessarily. you can also find it in that Ice Cave in Kanto next to Cinnabar Island.
>>
I don't hate them at all but I would rather play Crystal.
>>
>>28780909
Yeah a solution for the main game that exists in the postgame.
Fantastic.
>>
>>28780894
Cool regurgitated opinions bro.
>>
>>28780998
I like gen 4 because my mom got me and my sister a ds and d/p for me and my sister when she finally got on her feet after a rough divorce. My opinion is my own.
>>
>>28775610
Can't enjoy a game unless the villain is some yugioh character trying to TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE?
>>
>>28781022
Not him but a little consistency would be preferred regardless of if it's a saving the world plot or not.
Johto was all over the place in that regard and it was hard to pinpoint what TR was actually doing or why they were doing it for that matter.
>>
>>28780818
Pokemon is for babies. I'm a grown man and can admit it.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.