[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Pokemon you honestly hate and why It's ugly looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 27

File: 683Aromatisse.png (150KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
683Aromatisse.png
150KB, 431x431px
ITT Pokemon you honestly hate and why

It's ugly looking as fuck and easily the worst thing about it, it's fucking cry is awful and annoying.
>>
File: image.png (556KB, 829x1150px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
556KB, 829x1150px
This fucking thing only works as furbsit and it's evo is shit too
>>
>>28765890
See, I love the first 2 evos but I agree 100%. Delphox kills it dead I lost all hope.
>>
>>28765833
Aromatisse and the simimonkeys are probably the only Pokémon with bad execution.

Hell, many people says "it's bad design because this Pokémon is ugly/awful/weird and I don't like it!!" but the argument is pretty ridiculous when the design was designed to be weird or ugly. However, Aromatisse and simimonkeys was destined to be CUTE, and many people see them as ugly.

I don't hate them, but this is my opinion about those Pokémon.
>>
>>28766036
Aromatisse wasn't designed to be cute at all. It's supposed to represent aroma and scent, it's more about representing instinct and overall creepy feeling. Ever read Perfume? Aromatisse reminds me too much of that book.
It's like you people don't get the design sometimes. I honestly feel like /vp/ is filled with mouthbreathers.
>>
Aromatisse is the best Pokemon
>>
Lickilicky. Nothing redeeming about its design.
>>
I'm still mad about Swirlix and Spritzee. Two good designs with good evolution potential, and they both ended up looking shit.
>>
>>28766439
If anything Spritzee is the one that looks like shit and Swirlix and it's evo are cute.
>>
>>28766358
Lickitung is pretty shit too.
>>
>>28766470
Nah, Spritzee's cool with the witch doctor aesthetic, but Aromatisse ruins it.
>>
>>28766501
>the witch doctor aesthetic
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT
>>
File: AromatisseSpriteBack_XY.gif (185KB, 65x79px) Image search: [Google]
AromatisseSpriteBack_XY.gif
185KB, 65x79px
>>28765833
that bow on its back is stupid too
>>
File: 110d2lgjpg.gif (3MB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
110d2lgjpg.gif
3MB, 424x240px
>>28766501
>witch doctor aesthetic
>>
>>28766534
>>28766553
I think he meant plague doctor. Since plague doctors used to wear bird masks with the beak filled with scents to keep plague away, and spritzee's face kinda looks like its a mask.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 1500x1448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 1500x1448px
>>28766534
>>28766553
Fuck, I meant plague doctor.
>>
Rowlet- fucking dumbest starter of all time. It's a literal fucking circle with a dumbass smug face put on it
>>
>>28766590
>>28766591
Even that is far fetched. Whatever.

Spritzee and Aromatisse are a perfume bottle and a sort of representation of an intense aroma, respectively.
Swirlix and Slurpuff are cotton candy and a sort of representation of a sweet flavoured thing, respectively.
Like, if tasting sweet was a creature, what would it look like? What would an intense aroma look like too?
To me, they both do their jobs fairly well. They even look a bit exaggerated too, to show off how too sweet can be queasy, or how too much of an intense aroma can be a bit creepy. And they still both look good.
>>
>>28766846
>slurpuff
>looks good

/vp/ taste is so fucking shit
>>
>>28765833
I sort of like Aromatisse as is. Though, I would prefer it to look more like a plague doctor.
>>
>>28766889
Though I don't hate Aromatisse I don't get why a perfume spirit becomes a can-can dancer that just came out of nowhere.

The idea of Swirlix being a doggo that ate so much cotton candy that it's almost like cotton candy to a doggo that ate so much cake that it's almost like cake fits pretty well. It's just those stubby arms that are weird as hell.
>>
that Pokemon that is basically a walking trash pile.

That pokemon that is basically a bunch of gears that has to keep turning in order to live.

I mean why create Pokemon whose lives and bodies are basically a nightmare.
>>
>>28767021
I don't get why you people force it being a can-can dancer. Or a plague doctor. Or whatever. It's really more just a ghostly thing, like an Alice in Wonderland character. I'm not explaining myself well, but Aromatisse isn't anything in particular, except a sort of representation of an intense aroma. Like it smells so much it looks intoxicating.

>>28766889
Yeah, fat orange dragon and whack-a-mole are so much better.
>>
>>28766536
I never even knew it had a bow, that's worse.
I never wanted to train one so I never used one.
>>
I like Aromatisse's design (though I like Spritzee a lot better), but they missed the opportunity of making it Fairy/Poison.
>>
File: owl.jpg (46KB, 438x351px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
46KB, 438x351px
>>28766633

Owls are circles you idiot
>>
>>28766036
Aromatisse is not supposed to look cute. It's supposed to look forced, exaggerated.

Think of an old or ugly lady who wears a lot of perfume in an atempt to be beautiful.

That's Aromatisse.
>>
>>28766290
Well, first of all
>I honestly feel like /vp/ is filled with mouthbreathers

Yes, you're correct.

But how do you know? I'm not that anon, but I got the impression that Aromatisse was meant to be cute as well, but poorly executed. I've never read Perfume, is there a reference I'm missing?
I genuinely want to know, because Aromatisse just straight up makes no sense to me.
>>
>>28766536
>>28767229
I'm sorry, but what exactly is it that makes it worse? IMO, things like Garchomp's star in its head, or Mewtwo's weird pectoral muscles make them look much worse, and those are way popular for some reason.
>>
File: 250px-481Mesprit.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-481Mesprit.png
49KB, 250x250px
>worst legendary next to Phione
>uxie and Azelf design are 10x better
>roaming legend for no reason
>>
File: Hippopotas.png (43KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hippopotas.png
43KB, 260x240px
This thing. Thankfully, its evo redeems it for me, but as a pokemon on its own, I have always thought Hippopotas is a fucking awful design.

>It's cartoony past the point where I can say "oh hey, that's cartoony but likeable"
>Its proportions are so stupid taking the fact that Hippowdon exists into account.
>If you're gonna make the final form look like an actual hippo anyways, why make the prevo look like the head of an octopus with a tiny weird body?

It's a pokemon I have always tried to like, but I can't bring myself to and it frustrates me. I guess that counts as hating it.
>>
>>28767530
>it looks pink so it must be that it's supposed to be cute
I don't understand your logic to begin with. Not all things are cute. Things can be pink and look weird. Period. No pun intended.
Perfume is a good book, they made a movie about it too, in case you don't want to read. But the only reason I mentioned that book is because smell and aroma is so important in that story. It's really the best book I can think of that talks so much about smells, aromas, and perfumes.
The story is basically about a kid who was born and has an amazing sense of smell. His smell is so good he can say how a person feels and is (good vs mean) just by smelling them. He smells "foul smells" in a lot of people, implying people in general are self-absorbed and don't care about each other. He gets a job working as a disciple of a perfume maker in Paris. One day, when walking randomly through a market, iirc, he smells a girl and becomes intoxicated with that smell. To him it's the most perfect smell in the world. He follows her, she finds him creepy and tries to run away, he corners her and accidentally kills her. Her dead body starts to lose her smell. So he collects her body and puts it in a giant glass tube to conserve it, to try and regain the smell. He never achieves this in the novel. He later tries to recreate that smell, only to actually create a perfume so powerful that he can manipulate people with it. He's arrested, and then when he's about to be hanged he spreads his perfume on the people and everyone just starts a massive orgy in the middle of Paris.
Basically that novel is one giant metaphor for deceiving people by moral manipulation. But it's pretty good at implanting the idea of the things we people do when we get intoxicated by intense smells.
Aromatisse looks creepy (weird big eyes, looks like it's wearing a mask) but also vaguely feminine and instinctive. It just looks like a perfect pixie/sprite/elf representation of an intense aroma to me.
>>
>>28767830
It looks like a derpy cute baby to me. I like derpy looking Pokemon. My first favorite Pokemon ever was Slowpoke.
>>
File: spritzee.gif (241KB, 69x61px) Image search: [Google]
spritzee.gif
241KB, 69x61px
Am I the only one who dislikes Aromatisse's design but loves Spritzee? That thing is cute as fuck.
>>
>>28765833
same, such a shame because I love Spritzee
>>
>>28767688
articuno nigga
>>
>>28768990
ARENT YOU READING ANON ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CUTE ITS ALL ABOUT THIS BOOK PERFUME YOU SEE STRONG AROMAS NOT CUTENESS SPRITZEE AND AROMATISSE ARE THE DEEPEST POKEMONS AND BASICALLY YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED UNLIKE ME CAUSE I READ BOOKS THAT BECOME BAD MOVIES
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>28765833
>>28765890
>>28766358
>>28767124
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
File: 260Swampert_AG_anime_2.png (107KB, 1254x1254px) Image search: [Google]
260Swampert_AG_anime_2.png
107KB, 1254x1254px
It's just plain ugly. No other explanation needed.
>>
>>28769123
Terrible taste
>>
>>28769208
Yes. You are correct. Terrible taste is indeed required in order to like Shitpert.
>>
>>28769107
>Says this
>Always posts YW designs that are superior to the pokemon being discussed
I guess you're trying to get people to like yokai more?
>>
File: 550.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
550.png
1KB, 96x96px
it's literally the most pointless pokemon, it would be redeemed if it evolved into something actually usable
>>
>>28769233
>Any of those
>Being superior to any pokemon
>>
>>28769073
Wow, you're mad af. Lmao. I'm glad I glanced this thread one more time.
>>
>>28769249
>decent as fuck stats
>adaptability for maximum damage
>water type
Nigga, what else do you want? That fish is boss as fuck ingame, easily better than most of the other water pokemon at the points you get them.
>>
>>28766470
Other way around, anon. Swirlix is fine but not Shitpuff
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 350x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 350x455px
>>28766846
>Even that is far fetched. Whatever.
It really isn't at all farfetched. Its face is white and has no lines or anything separating the beak from the rest of the face. Plague doctors were known to put sweet smelling things in the "beaks" of their masks, and likewise Spritzee and Aromatisse are based around sweet scents. Besides this they're introduced in a European region which is where the plague occurred. If you don't like the design that's fine - I don't particularly either - but it looks that way for a reason.
>>
>>28769442
I just think a japanese cartoon vidya wouldn't take that as a reference for a design, imo, but that's just me. The only thing they have in common is the mask. I guess that could be a thing.
>>
>>28765833
I agree, horrible Pokemon, same with Slurpuff.
>>
>>28769489
This is the same "japanese cartoon vidya" which has legendaries based on the Three Musketeers.
>>
>>28769489
They have the sweet scent and the mask thing in common. The sweet scent isn't just a small detail - during the times of the plague, they believed sweet scents would ward off disease, because they believed disease was caused by "bad air". Miasma theory. Anyways not trying to get on you or anything but can we stop the "they're Japanese they'll never do that" meme? The point of their origin is irrelevant, they draw from many mythological sources, hell anime in general incorporates TONS of western themes. Neon genesis evangelion comes to mind. They just go in unique directions with them because they don't have the same cultural context. But they're not isolationists anymore. Hell, we have box legendaries based off Christian themes with Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza being based off the leviathan, behemoth, and the ziz bird respectively, and then Xerneas and co. being based off Norse mythology. Their jobs are to research and they're certainly able to do that.
>>
>>28765833
Who's your waifu
>>
>>28769586
>we have box legendaries based off Christian themes with Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza being based off the leviathan, behemoth, and the ziz bird respectively
Hey faggot that's not Christian, that's Jewish, get it right.
>>
>>28767830
>hippo pokemon
>It enshrouds itself with sand to protect itself from germs. It does not enjoy getting wet.
>>
>>28769703
>all Pokémon must be the same as their real-world counterparts
>>
>>28769553
The three musketeers are well known respectable characters, with adaptations made world wide in various languages.
That mask doctor dude is some reference from 8th grade history books.
Not the same.
>>
File: class_plague_doctor_m.gif (27KB, 115x196px) Image search: [Google]
class_plague_doctor_m.gif
27KB, 115x196px
>Asians don't know what plague doctors are
>>
>>28767965
I like derpy pokemon too, but I find hippopotas more unsettling than derpy. I admit tho, that it gains a bit when animated, but it isn't enough.

>>28769703
I don't think every pokemon needs to have the same elemental association than the animal they're based after. The idea of a sand-hippo is pretty ingenious IMO, the same I love a sand-crocodile and the same way I would love a sand-whale if there was one. Is just hippopotas in particular that's shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 390x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 390x281px
>>28766536
I always thought the bow on the back was supposed to resemble one of these.
>>
>>28765833
Ferrothorn

Its a fucking ben 10 piece of shit that deserves nothing but scorn
>>
>>28770032
What is that
>>
File: berserk.jpg (156KB, 708x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
156KB, 708x1100px
>Plague doctors are illegal in europe
>Make a plague doctor pokemon in europe
>>
>>28770079
It's used to apply makeup
>>
>>28770095
Uh that's neat
>>
>>28769614
It's the same shit shut up bitch.
>>
>>28769994

>sand whale
>>
>>28770079
Powder puff for makeup powder
>>
>>28765833
I know it's edgy/a meme, but I'm genuinely disappointed, or even shocked, that Aromatisse has NOTHING to do with plague doctors.
>Bird mask
>Plague Doctors would fill their masks with rose petals, believing that their STRONG SMELL would drive away the plague
>Plague Doctors were originally used in France
All signs pointed towards plague doctor, but we ended up with a big fat hairy bird thing.
>>
File: Kuchidake-onna_artwork.jpg (263KB, 752x740px) Image search: [Google]
Kuchidake-onna_artwork.jpg
263KB, 752x740px
>>28769107
Those designs makes perfect sense since they are based on folkloric creatures.
>>
>>28769249
It's just annoying because it feels like a pokemon that should get an evolution, and said evolution would be fucking great.

But instead it's just another shitmon fish with no evo. Why? They completely dropped the ball and let it drift away into obscurity, like the other hundreds of random fish pokemon.
>>
File: FUCK.png (71KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
71KB, 321x322px
>>28770188
I wanna fuck that mouth goblin.
>>
>>28770179
Pokemon can draw inspiration from multiple things. Aromatisse is a combo of plague doctor and madame stuff.
>>
File: A well designed pokemon.png (12KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
A well designed pokemon.png
12KB, 420x500px
>>28765833
It is genuinely, literally, honestly, 100%, just a sandcastle with two yellow dots. Those two itty bitty dots are the only things keeping it from being a simple object.

I don't even hate most object-mons. Even the most hated object-mons on here are better than it; Vanilluxe has an icicle for a cone, Klefki has its little fairy body, but this shit? It's just a sand-castle. Not an inkling of creativity was used in this design. It is the single laziest and most boring pokemon design that has ever and will ever be made, full stop.

At least they fucking made a vague attempt with the lei pokemon. Yeah, it's a fucking floating necklace of flowers, cuz thats a thing in hawaii, so it has to be a pokemon, but at least they gave it a body. At least they made a shitty, vague attempt at making it a creature.
>>
>>28769107
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again copypaste your little Yokai Watch pasta and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “shitty” Yokai designs, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a fucking child's game. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Yokaifag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “GET A LOAD OF THIS.” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
>>28765833
>hating any Pokemon so much
Not every Pokemon is going to look like waifu material or be appealing to your interests, Anon. You need to learn to deal with it.

>>28769107
>shitting on Yo-Kai Watch designs
Comparing the design aspects and mentalities of two different series is always the most asinine thing you can do.
>>
>>28770287
I always saw it as a Flamingo on top of all that
>>
>>28770297
it looks like a sandcastle as a disguise, so it can lure in pokemon and drain their souls or whatever
>>
>>28769123
>it's ugly that means it's a bad design
Sorry that not every pokemon can be your waifu, anon.
>>
File: 1280x720-yH7-e1424782449646.jpg (57KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-yH7-e1424782449646.jpg
57KB, 600x338px
>>28770310
I will never get that "YW is just a Pokemon ripoff " meme. From what I've seen of the game it isn't even closest related to Pokemon. It looks to me like SMT for kids, which is fine by me.
>>
>>28765833
I like it, reminds me of those feathery cabaret dancers.
>>
>>28770379
>OH BUT ITS A DISGUISE TO EAT PEOPLE'S SOULS!
That's no excuse. It's still a shitty, boring design. The whole "lures people in to eat them/absorb their soul/etc." thing has already been done with at least three other pokemon lines. Plus, there's so much they could've done to make it look like a ghost or a monster disguised as a sandcastle.
>big jagged teeth at the door to make it look like a mouth
>have the towers gain big hands to grab people with
>fucking anything to indicate there's anything more to it than two small dots in the windows

I'm not knocking the idea behind the pokemon. I wouldn't hate any pokemon just based on being a sandcastle. It's the fact that they did it so lazily that pisses me off. There's absolutely nothing of interest to it.
>>
>>28770394
Stuff can be well-designed without looking like a waifu or being cute. Pretty sure a lot of people don't have a problem with Porygon's design despite it not being waifu-like.
>>
File: ghghjhgh.jpg (272KB, 1500x536px) Image search: [Google]
ghghjhgh.jpg
272KB, 1500x536px
Oricorio

HUMANOID BIRDS ARE NOT OKAY
>>
File: 1474339018671.png (214KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474339018671.png
214KB, 448x450px
>>28769123
>>28769225
shit taste
>>
>>28770436
>big jagged teeth at the door to make it look like a mouth
But it is a mouth, some weird tunnel mouth for some reason but it is
>have the towers gain big hands to grab people with
But the towers are big hands to grab people with
>fucking anything to indicate there's anything more to it than two small dots in the windows
The radar shovel at least makes it not a pointless detail when seen in motion. For me I like the placing of the seashell decorations and arm windows and I feel like there's a subtle palace + castle mix in there. I love it mainly out of personal preference even though it is way too basic. It just needed to look more grainy. The artwork makes it look like fucking cheese,
>>
>>28770229
There is way too little porn of the humanoid yo-kais
>>
>>28770552
>Some weird tunnel mouth
It's a generic drawbridge-door. It's on literally every generic sandcastle.
>But the towers are big hands
No, I mean literal hands. The towers are just... towers. That are capable of moving.
>B-But it has a shovel and seashells

It's just so fucking lazy. There's literally nothing to it, and it only exists because it's hawaii and there are beaches on hawaii. They might as well have made a beret pokemon for Kalos, or an "I <3 NY" shirt for Unova.
>>
File: Trixie.gif (861KB, 389x202px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie.gif
861KB, 389x202px
>ctrl+f plague doctor
>18 hits

I didn't look at your terrible opinions, but why would you want something so lame instead of campy burlesque dancer/drag queen?
>>
>>28770618
>It's a generic drawbridge-door. It's on literally every generic sandcastle.
No, it's a tunnel mouth. It's not a door it's a mouth that goes through its body like a tunnel that absorbs the life energy. Have you even seen it ingame?
>No, I mean literal hands. The towers are just... towers. That are capable of moving.
They function as hands since it's already seen using the towers to grab Pikachu and eat it in artwork and the four tops of the tower function as stubby fingers
>>B-But it has a shovel and seashells
The seashells are just something I liked about it, but the shovel actually feels like it's supposed to mimic the decorations put on top of a palace. It's a radar so it's not useless and a mind control device on the pre-evolution so it doesn't come out of nowhere. Also I like seeing it more as the sand monster trope with the sandcastle theming.
>>
The two pink fairy species in X/Y are shitty super-fem prepubescent girl pandering. They made me hate fairy types as a whole originally, but now I don't even know what to think of fairy type because half of them don't follow any design theme. But those kinda of fairies are complete shit (unless you are a small girl or are into that sort of thing).

Gen 5 elemental monkeys are terrible too.
Lickilicky looks dopey as fuck but at least it was fun to use and watching it retract that tongue to use certain attacks was funny.

Miltanks nipples are pretty much sexual objects in the 3d model.
>>
>>28765833
I love Spritzee, probably one of the qtest pokemon ever. Too bad its evolution looks ugly as fuck.
>>
>>28770695
kill yourself, don't you have somewhere to spam "YAAASSS" at
>>
File: 400px-Danseuses_cancan.jpg (22KB, 400x196px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Danseuses_cancan.jpg
22KB, 400x196px
>>28767530

Aromatisse is a can can dancer. There isn't a lot to get.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.