[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokémon Sun and Moon turn out to be the worst entries in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: pokemon_sun_and_moon-8.png (1018KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_and_moon-8.png
1018KB, 1280x905px
>Pokémon Sun and Moon turn out to be the worst entries in the series,
>The game is casualized to the point where it'll be a good two hours before you get to the second town,
>Every battle is a pushover, and UBs are pathetic, just to make sure the game is easy enough for kids,
>All Pokémon are shown before release, the roster is terrible and almost as small as XY's roster,
>The story and writing are laughable, very generic and boring.
>Most battles look choppy and ugly, and the soundtrack is mediocre at best,
>Team Aether are the good guys and Guzma turns out to be an asshole in the end, calling his grunts and Plumeria worthless,w
>Postgame is shittier than X and Y, you get BP by beating the Elite Four/Championship, but it isn't a rematch, trainers have the same teams.

How mad would you be?
>>
There is no word in any language to express such an amount of salt and rage.
>>
File: 1457137597919.jpg (19KB, 336x434px) Image search: [Google]
1457137597919.jpg
19KB, 336x434px
>>28749560
Mad is the wrong word.
I'd be dissapointed
>>
>>28749560
>The game is casualized to the point where it'll be a good two hours before you get to the second town

I'm fine with this, I like the idea of large maps with lots of distance to cover between towns and cities.
>>
>>28749560
>The game is casualized to the point where it'll be a good two hours before you get to the second town,
Are you supposed to take longer to reach the second town, or what?
>>
>>28749560

This will be the unfortunate truth.
>>
>>28749624
I think you misunderstood
>>
>>28749560
>>The game is casualized to the point where it'll be a good two hours before you get to the second town,
>It takes him longer than two hours to reach the second town
Maybe you need things casualized OP
>>
>>28749624
>>28749631

OP here, alright how about this, it takes about 3-4 hours to get to the second town, after being taught everything there is to know about Pokémon, as you obviously need to know basic things like walking and where certain items are in your backpack?
>>
>>28749560
I'm scared that OP's post will be nothing but painful truth. Rotomdex was only a beginning.

Down, down, down! This is the only direction these games are going!
>>
>>28749560
If I don't like Sun/Moon more than I liked X/Y (I disliked them to be honest) I'll probably stop buying the games + consoles.

I already hardly play videogames anymore so it's hard to justify dropping all that money for a new system and a handful of games, you know? I'm starting to reach that point in my life where videogames aren't as important as they once were and it kinda slows me down and makes me more lazy (or at least makes me feel lazy).
>>
File: 1283753663766.jpg (200KB, 670x530px) Image search: [Google]
1283753663766.jpg
200KB, 670x530px
>upset that the game will be easy enough for kids

Find a new franchise and fuck off. Pokemon is made for kids first and foremost.

I swear some of you are just setting yourselves up to be upset by it.
>>
>>28749560
I'm already well prepared for this. You won't get any anger out of me.
>>
File: RotomDex.png (26KB, 190x146px) Image search: [Google]
RotomDex.png
26KB, 190x146px
>>28749681
>Oh no! UB-03 has taken out all your Pokémon!
>Rotomdex has fully healed all your Pokémon to perfect health, get fighting!
>>
>>28749678
Why would you want that much time between you and the second city? What would you even do?
>>
>>28749751
Pokemon has always been made for kids, so why did XY suddenly have to be so much easier?
>>
>>28749619
Are spoilers not working today or something?
>>
It's literally impossible for the game we've seen so far to be worst than XY or RBY
>>
>>28749751
>implying all of the prior games aren't already easy enough for kids
>>
>>28749560
>people unironically think all of this will happen
not saying UBs will be like SMT bosses or that fanon Guzma is canon, that's just expecting a little too much from them
>>
>>28749678
>there might be people who are new to the franchise and need an introduction to the basic mechanics and I HATE IT

You know, OP, children do exist you know?
And every time there was something like this you were given the option to skip it.
>>
>>28749560
I would probably give up on Pokemon personally
>>
>>28749814
It's really not.

Stop thinking every game is Platinum or BW2(challenge mode only).
>>
>>28749560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXe37XCnn-E
This theme disproves the 6th one, but otherwise you could be right.
>>
>>28749814
I think it was because of its hype. Converting to 3D mode was a big thing, and, because of this, more kids would try out new Pokemon games.
>>
>>28749560
I'd probably go back to the older games and never look back until I get sick of them.
>>
>The game is casualized to the point where it'll be a good two hours before you get to the second town
Yeah, like pokémon Platinum
>>
>>28749851
Well compared to the last 4 games in the series they leaped backwards in difficulty
>>
>>28749560
>being scared of difficulty
>not rolling a dice in every fight to chose one of your 6 pokemons to play
>not turning off your exp share
>not rotating your team

come on, you know you can steamroll everything by just keeping your starter and 5 HM slaves, it was like that even in red/blue, maybe you had to grind a few more levels that's it
>>
>>28749851
It really is though. There are far more giftmons, mega evolution, the new EXP share, shorter dungeons, and the trainers are very underleveled and have fewer Pokemon on average.

The previous games aren't difficult but to deny that XY made the games easier is completely delusional.
>>
>>28749560
>>The story and writing are laughable, very generic and boring.
That's every game in the franchise.
>>
>>28749681
Fun fact, Masuda is the one who really pushed for it
>>
>>28749851
Those games have the excuse of having shitty teams because they were made so many years ago, Sun and Moon don't have that excuse anymore.
>>
>>28749851
Nah, but c'mon, you can't seriously tell me that this wasn't the easiest Victory Road ever, or than the Unknown "Dungeon" was just as tough as Cerulean Cave.
>>
>>28749973
>Source: my ass
>>
File: Masuda.jpg (36KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
Masuda.jpg
36KB, 500x534px
How do we stop Masuda?
>>
>>28749940
>There are far more giftmons,
>Kanto Starter, Fossil, Lucario, Lapras
vs
>Two Fossils, Magikarp, Hitmon, Lapras, Eevee
>>
>>28750020
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74056914

It links you to an interview and this post highlights parts of it
>>
>>28750085
>not just linking the article
>>
>>28750041
>fossils
Both pitifully underleveled, and have to keep them for 6 gyms and the bulk of the game
>Magikarp
you have to buy it and it's underleveled
>Hitmon
You have to fight a number of optional trainers to earn them
>Lapras
Pitifully underleveled
>Eevee
You actually have to find it

Whereas

>Kanto starter
You are forced to take one and can't reject it
>Fossil
Higher than my teammates and resorted in the same town
>Lucario
Literally a plot point of the game (you can reject it though) and OP as fuck
>Lapras
It's acurally higher leveled than the one in Saffron even though you're at the 3rd gym
>>
>>28749830
>every time there was something like this you were able to skip it
Except that's not true. There's always the "teach you how to catch a pokemon" tutorial to sit through. And usually when the game is about to give you another tutorial, it will ask if you already know it and then teach you either way
>>
>>28750154
>and this post highlights it
>>
>>28750215
But why not just link the article?
>>
>>28749560
with that short of a development time i wouldn't be surprised if all of these actually happens.
>>
File: 1461997649933.jpg (14KB, 405x447px) Image search: [Google]
1461997649933.jpg
14KB, 405x447px
>>28749560
Sounds exactly like Hoenn

my favorite gen ;_;
>>
>>28750198
Anon, their "usefulness" isn't the subject. You claimed there were more giftmon now, that simply isn't true
>>
>>28750198
>moving goalposts
>>
>>28750041
It's a matter of both quality and difficulty.

In Kanto, only Lapras is really shoved in your face. Eevee and the Hitmons are both out of the way, and even then it's mostly to make them more rare. Same thing with the fossils, especially Aerodactyl, which requires a fair bit of backtracking.

In Kalos, you have to take a Kanto starter, the Fossil you get is able to be revived immediatly, Lucario is a plot-thing, and Lapras is still directly in your path.

Kanto giftmons are rewards for exploring or going through tasks. Kalos giftmons are rewards for being able to read and following the rails.
>>
>>28750265
No the problem with X and Y is HOW everything is given to you. They aren't Pokemon you find or Earn. They're just given to you and are overpowered as shit.

Which scratches the surface of why X and Y was easy
>>
>>28749940
>There are far more giftmons
According to my calculations 3 is inferior to 5.

>mega evolution, the new EXP share
That you can not use.

>shorter dungeon
If an early game dungeon makes me face KANGASKHAN instead of shit like Clefairy or fucking Paras i'd gladly take it.

>and the trainers are very underleveled and have fewer Pokemon on average.
Get your shitty bait out of here. The Hawlucha girl in Reflection Cave is tougher than half the trainers in Kanto and she only has 2 Pokemon. And underleveled? Fucking please.
>>
>>28750301
>In Kanto, only Lapras is really shoved in your face.
You can't proceed through Mt. Moon without getting a fossil
>>28750301
>Kanto giftmons are rewards for exploring or going through tasks
Yeah, you really earn that Eevee by walking to the top floor of those apartments

>>28750302
>No the problem with X and Y is HOW everything is given to you
That's not what was said in the original post
>>
>>28750339
>You can't proceed through Mt. Moon without getting a fossil

Yes, but you don't have anything to do with it until much later. It's entirely possible to miss the lab in cinnabar, or forget about the fossil.

Conversely, Kalos gives you the choice of a fossil, then immediatly turns around to tell you that you can revive it where you are.
>>
>>28750198
>gets proven wrong
>changes argument in order to pretend like he's right
>>
>>28750339
>Yeah, you really earn that Eevee by walking to the top floor of those apartments

Considering the entrance to the apartments is entirely hidden? Yeah, it's rather earned.

I'd imagine Kalos would have made a gift eevee even easier, except they decided to have them easily catchable in the wild instead.
>>
>>28749560
>>Team Aether are the good guys and Guzma turns out to be an asshole in the end, calling his grunts and Plumeria worthless,w

I can honestly see this happening
GF is dumb enough to do that
>>
>>28750389
>It's entirely possible to miss the lab in cinnabar, or forget about the fossil
It's entirely possible to miss the completely random NPC that gives you Lapras as he doesn't stop you or anything, but you and your friends keep using it as a point.
>>
>>28750389
>Game gives you Fossil pokemon at a point where you can use it
>This is somehow worse than giving you a level 5 fossil when you've reached the endgame
How fucking horrible
>>28750418
>Considering the entrance to the apartments is entirely hidden? Yeah, it's rather earned.
>Hidden
>Cut
>>
>>28750467
If you try to leave the area before clearing the gym he stops you and I'm pretty sure he mentions surfing and/or Lapras
>>
>>28750475
Not worse. Easier. Giving you an overleveled fossil before the second gym is by definition easier than giving you a level 5 fossil much later in the game.

You're just proving that it really is easier.
>>
>>28750545
You can reject the Lapras
>>
>>28749560
>>The game is casualized to the point where it'll be a good two hours before you get to the second town,
That's much longer than all pokemon games.
Getting to the second town takes about half an hour.
>>
>>28750475

It doesn't even require cut, you can just walk in
>>
>>28750586
But it's still shoved in your face, because you are forced to walk past the guy and ignore him.

The lab in cinnabar is a building you don't necessarily need to explore, and even if you do the guy who revives fossils isn't as in your face. And even if you do it's a level 5 fossil, which isn't going to make the game easier.
>>
>>28750264
>Sounds exactly like Hoenn
But it doesn't.
In fact that's the opposite of Hoenn, literally.
>>
>>28750603
If you actually know you're supposed to go back there maybe, but I don't think there was any indication of a back entrance to the building, especially not in the original games.

It's very easy to miss the Eevee
>>
>>28750586
But that wasn't the point at all. I just said that the game hints at getting Lapras from him
>>
>>28750624
But that would make Hoenn the best in the series which is blatantly untrue
>>
File: 1474337769229.png (81KB, 784x404px) Image search: [Google]
1474337769229.png
81KB, 784x404px
>>28749560
I mean, it's already shown to be more ambitious, beautiful and developed than XY already, and you can't do worse than Tierno's sin.

But I'd laugh it off. Hating XY is my favorite pass time, and doing it all over again for another 3-ish years might be fun.
>>
>>28750293
>getting BTFO'd
>m-moving goalposts
>>
>>28749814
Kids are getting stupider
>>
File: tortunator.jpg (92KB, 954x767px) Image search: [Google]
tortunator.jpg
92KB, 954x767px
>>28750763
>blown the fuck out'd
>>
>>28750895
>>
>>28750966
>lose the argument
>pretend you're winning
>>
When people say we're getting too many gift mons, they should specify that we're being handed too many GOOD giftmons
>>
File: not wrong.png (7KB, 416x176px) Image search: [Google]
not wrong.png
7KB, 416x176px
>>28750966
>>28750996
>>
>>28751003
This. You can get 100 shitmons for free and the game won't be an easier. If you get 1 decent or strong mon than you can snowball the whole game
>>
>>28751049
ads
>>
>>28750653
Believe it anon.
>more difficult than the previous iterations
>Legendary boss at the climax of the game
>all Pokemon weren't revealed before release and it introduced the third most Pokemon to the franchise following Kanto and Unova
>Unique and interesting plot for the Pokemon series
>Colorful and fast battles at 60fps I'm going by RS if you hadn't noticed with a soundtrack that makes the most out of the system's soundfont and does it well
>New teams introduced but the team is more strongly knit than Rocket was
>new content promoting more multiplayer with friends such as secret bases and contests
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.