[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Gamefreak ever make a pair of games so rich in content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: pokemonblackwhite2.jpg (77KB, 530x299px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonblackwhite2.jpg
77KB, 530x299px
Will Gamefreak ever make a pair of games so rich in content ever again?
>>
File: tumblr_n5d3yiTtMH1ttdkobo4_400.gif (2MB, 400x239px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5d3yiTtMH1ttdkobo4_400.gif
2MB, 400x239px
>tfw the answer is no.
>>
Eh?
>>
>>28744741
Yes. Those games are called Sun and Moon.
>>
>>28744772
It's shaping up that way. I just hope there's something like PWT or Battle Frontier.
>>
File: 1405207452395.jpg (14KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
1405207452395.jpg
14KB, 310x464px
>>28744782
>inb4 it's Battle Maison again
>>
>>28744772
Came here to say the same thing.
>>
>>28744772
While it sure looks like it could be, lets not get our hopes up too high, only to be disappointed if its only amazing instead of godlike.
>>
File: 1474713616196.png (200KB, 570x658px) Image search: [Google]
1474713616196.png
200KB, 570x658px
>>28744741
>only postgame is content
>>
>>28744848
>implying it's only postgame
>>
>>28744772
There's different content. There's no indication of more content. One of the first things B2W2 advertised was the PWT. So far, the only evidence of content that isn't simply a substitute for the Gym + League content of other games is the Zygard quest.

The Trial captain related stuff seems to be replacing the gyms and league.

The Ultrabeasts are the evil team plot line.

Neither of these is 'more' content than what we had before.
>>
>>28744772
What makes you say that?

So far none of new content is beyond XY longevity: new amie, customization, hyper training, riding pokemon. Z-moves and Alola forms are just new forms and new attacks - not more gameplay

We've yet to see stuff like Frontier,PWT or longer game material in general
>>
>>28744772
All it needs now is a BF/PWT and it'll be on par with B2W2.
>>
>>28744907
I mean I really like BW2, but that's not it. Just everyone you can fight and everywhere you can explore in the open world and all the small things is what made it such a great game
>>
I have a few problems with BW2 now that we dont have WFC, but the game still got a lot of content. It's almost like this game wasnt made by GF or they just tried to put a lot of good idea together for once, without worrying about.

I'm going to be very disappointed if SM doesnt have PWT. Making you battle all the gym leaders and Champions of previous game in 3D just screams 20th anniversary for me.
>>
>tfw I want to buy Black 2 or White 2 because I skipped gen V
>tfw the prices for used copies are high because GO

JUST

How much would you pay for a used BW2, /vp/?
>>
>>28744925
It seems like SM already has that covered, from the trailers alone the games look incredible, at least compared to XY/ORAS
>>
>>28744864
The maingame is BW again but without a cool story.
>>
>>28744932
>How much would you pay for a used BW2, /vp/?
20 bucks
>>
>>28744931
Nobody asked though, are you sure you're in the right thread?
>>
Content wise, the best games are:

BW2 > Emerald > Platinum > HGSS = ORAS.

SM might be the most content filled game ever, but sofar, it is XY tier at best. So, a lot under ORAS, let alone BW2.
>>
>>28744960
I mean even in postgame, there's so much to find and battle.

Alder Iris Cheren Bianca Cynthia Colress N Elite 4 rematch Hugh those veteren's

And side quest such as the dating thing.

Nature Preserve

Entralink

Medals

Joint Avenue

A lot more

All on top of the 2 new brand new postgame facilities. And then a shit ton more to do
>>
>>28744962
The lowest I find here for a VG+ is 30. Well, it's a fun game they say, the prices should only go higher I'm guessing.
>>
> Gym Rematch
> Elite 4 improved team after ending
> Battle Frontier
> Pokémon World Tournament.
> Sidequest storties postgame

Is it much to ask ?
>>
>>28744978
>Will Gamefreak ever make a pair of games so rich in content ever again?
>plus everyone talking about BW2 and SM, comparing them

Don't be a cunt.
>>
File: d1b.png (232KB, 448x360px) Image search: [Google]
d1b.png
232KB, 448x360px
>>28744806
>yfw there's no post-game content, not even battle maison.
>>
There's a lot you can do, despite they straight up gimping the game barely a year after release, that's quite something.

I finally ran into that wall.

Beat the Treehollow and the Tower, fucked Yancy (it's real to me dammit), got the join avenue cutscene, beat challenge e4 with 1 pokemon, accidentally transfer my competitive team when it's clearly obsoleted on gen vi, caught the shitload of legendaries. The works.

>>28744994
>Joint Avenue
dude weed lmao
>>
>>28744893
B2W2 was also a sequel game not set in a new region, with no new Pokemon or anything like that. Hype-wise, B2W2 didn't have much to hype up at all, so busting out the post game content for it was one of their only options.
>>
>>28744994
>Joint Avenue
KEK
>>
>>28744981
BW2>HGSS>Platinum>Emerald>ORAS.
ftfy
>>
>>28744981
In what fucking universe does Emerald have more content than Platinum or HGSS?
>>
>>28744741
Unova is shit
>>
>>28744981
XY had a brand new maison, ORAS has a copy.
XY had gym leader rematches (with scalable levels), ORAS has none.
XY had an actual useful multiplayer tool in Friend Safari, ORAS has the limited and quickly forgotten Secret Bases.
XY had the Essentia quest just like ORAS has the Delta Episode.
The only thing ORAS did better is random trainer rematches and more legendaries to hunt.
>>
>>28744950
post-game content wise, most games look better than XY/ORAS (without counting RBY of course)
>>
>>28744931
I really miss being able to fill my join avenue via wifi trading. That shit was pretty useful for EV training
>>
>>28746786
I will give props to Gen 6 for making Tripples and Rotations Tower Spots.

but that's still one facility
>>
>>28744981
Emerald is top tier anon, but aside from the better battle frontier (7 facilities instead of 5), it doesn't have that much content compared to HGSS/Pt.

Still would pick that fucker any day over ORAS
>>
tfw accidentally bought black instead of black 2
>>
>>28749045
After playing black 2, black 1 feels pretty dull. I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>28749096
i could easily emulate black 2 but i want the real experience

i'll buy black 2 with sun
>>
>>28744741
Yeah Sun and Moon 2
>>
Stopped way back with Crystal. Recently got back into the series, playing them in reverse order. Omega Ruby was really really good. X was not that good. I spent half as much time on X. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Now I'm 35 hours into White 2 and holy shit this is a good pokemon game. ORAS has better technology of course but it was made later. If BW2 somehow could have been made on the gen 6 engine it would be the most perfect game.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.