[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know when I first saw the design for this... I was like Hookay,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: ghost.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
99KB, 500x500px
You know when I first saw the design for this... I was like Hookay, GameFreak is out of business. May as well declare Pokemon dead.

But reading the backstory and seeing the actual "theme" of Sun and Moon as very spirit oriented, and the island folk being very superstitious, I'm hoping the rest of the game follows that theme. It'd be really neat to see how the islanders perceive pokemon as more scary being, and actual monsters, rather than regarding pokemon and cutesy lovey dovey pets.

What would be really different is if the Island folk fear, and almost pray to pokemon to keep them at bay and ward them off. This goes back to the idea of old Japanese folk lore and spirits and paying respects to them, but more out being completely spooked. Also the idea of possesion and voodoo like religions would be really really cool, all surrounding myths about these pokemon. Anyone else agree?
>>
>>28739555
no

heck off satan's low life brother
>>
>>28739555
I think it'd be a very different take on pokemon from being loved and gushed about each game. Instead the people you interact with have a very paranoid superstition about them would be really cool.
>>
>>28739578
enjoy your rehashed game then, playing the same story each time. Scared of change much?
>>
>>28739555
The whole theme of Possesion seems like it'll be a big thing in Sun/Moon
Like Palosand is a possessed sand castle and one possibility for Ultra Beasts are that they're creatures that possess hosts like Lillie
>>
File: 1438301971148.jpg (252KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438301971148.jpg
252KB, 1920x1200px
Tired of pokemon being revered as the cutest most loved things on Earth. It's time we had some real Japanese mythology and idea's brought in. The idea of actual fear and superstition against them would be pretty unique.
>>
>>28739665
This meaningless response is always shit but extra bad because its being used because an anon got mad their ideas were called shit

>>28740000
We've had Pokemon being treated closer to that many times. Its like people are wowed by Sun/Moon that they act like its the first game to do anything in the franchise
>>
When I first saw Mimikyu, I hated it. Tom Burton scribbles for eyes? Get outta here.

I thought the top part was the face. Fucker's disguise WORKED. I was tricked by a Pokémon.

I love this little friend so much
>>
File: MimikyuExplained.png (185KB, 1583x731px) Image search: [Google]
MimikyuExplained.png
185KB, 1583x731px
>>28739555
Nice trips.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.