[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing showdown >getting outpredicted left and right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1413253673660.jpg (632KB, 874x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1413253673660.jpg
632KB, 874x1228px
>playing showdown
>getting outpredicted left and right and thuse naturly getting my ass kicked
>rival's HJK misses, netting my kingdra an extra d-dance
>he calls BS and that i only won due to luck
>ragequits

was he right /vp/? was he the better trainer for switchplay or was he the worse trainer since a single miss (no prior miss on his side prior to that) made him lose the fight? i think if he didn't sacrifice his mamoswine to my yanma he might had a chance to win...
sadly, i didn't save the replay.

tl;dr a single stroke of bad luck is deserved loss, or if your game is done for after one miss you deserved to lose?
>>
>>28738965
*tl;dr a single stroke of bad luck is undeserved loss, or if your game is done for after one miss you deserved to lose?
>>
>>28738965
>something has a chance to happen
>it happens

If he wanted to ensure victory he shouldn't have used HJK
>>
What anon above me said. If you know you're opponent's still got a pokemon that can sweep you, it's usually your fault if you use up all the pokemon that can stop it either through typing, priority, etc, and then you let it set up on you.
>>
>>28738965
>playing showdown
>pretty even game
>opponent overpredicts but gets a crit that lets him kill my poke anyway
>lose from there

Did I deserve it?
>>
>>28740994
>pretty even game
yes you did. you shouldn't feel bad about that loss tough; shit happens to the best but overall - good trainers will have more wins.
>>
>>28739340
Except that most mons that are forced to use HJK have no other option (CC)
>>
>>28738965
He lost due to bad luck, but it was his choice to rely on HJK in the first place, making it ultimately his fault.

He had the option to choose something weaker but safer.
>>
A game isn't over until it says game over. Random luck, mis-inputs, all of it is part of the game, and sometimes shit happens.
>>
>>28741063
Well Drain Punch Lopunny and Low Kick Blaze are pretty good at least in my experience. But yeah I do agree, most prefer to run moves like this because "high risk, high reward" and it's all there fault if they lost by using one of these moves.

>>28738965
It's definetly his, he decided to go for the move and thing didn't went well. He could go for something safer, but no. So yeah it's his fault.
>>
>all that encourgment from /vp/
makes me really regret i didn't save the reply.
is there a place to find replies by username?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.