[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any good rom hacks I should play? make sure not to post anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: rotom_by_dethstrobe-d6s107o.png (10KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rotom_by_dethstrobe-d6s107o.png
10KB, 1920x1080px
any good rom hacks I should play?
make sure not to post anything that has already been posted!
>>
>>28738302
Liquid Crystal, Red++, Gold: Christmas Edition, XY: Naturia Edition, Light Platinum
>>
>>28738302
Pokemon AshGray
>>
>>28738321
Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal too
>>
Pokemon Bronze. It's a sequel of gold, it has a lack of postgame content but it's a lot of fun if you're a fan of gen 2
>>
File: scr_23_TOP_LEFT.png (142KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
scr_23_TOP_LEFT.png
142KB, 400x240px
>>28738302
Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, it doesn't change the story or add new pokemon/edit pokemon stats but every trainer has been given new teams and a lot of other things are tweaked.

Trainer pokemon all have perfect IVs and usually have a item and competitive moveset/ability. A lot get full teams, and megas can be seen outside of the E4/VIP NPC battles. each gym leader has a full team, most also get megas.

The levels of NPC pokemon have all been edited so that by the time you are at the ~8th gym you are battling level 100s (and should be around there yourself with the use of EXP share).

From the beginning the "foreign" pokemon are available in routes, usually they are only available after defeating the box legendary. Lots of wild Pokemon have a chance to hold items like fossils, the stone required to evolve them or their megastone.

EV training is also made easier by making the first few routes have a 100% chance of a horde that will give you specific EVs as well as the stores selling honey before the first badge and after the second.

Stores also carry a lot of new items (Slateport has competitive items in the market) as well as adjusted prices (pokeballs are cheap).

Eggs hatch really quick and the hatching O-Powers last a lot longer and upgrade quick. Trade evolutions also have more convenient evolution methods.
>>
ORAS is a pretty popular Romhack
It's shit imo
>>
File: cred.png (91KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
cred.png
91KB, 400x240px
>>28738568
Forgot to mention, there are also 3 builds.

Legit build means that all routes have the same wild encounters as the base game (levels and pokemon availability) so that you can use the pokemon online without having to make their encounter data legit.

649 build has a lot of Pokemon added to the routes that would otherwise not be available, you'll have to edit the encounter data of pokemon you want to use outside the game.

Leveled build is the 649 build except the levels of wild pokemon are adjusted to fit the level curve, as wild pokemon eventually become severely underleveled in the legit build.
>>
Bumping for interest.

Also there's an objectively bad but interesting hack I played a while back called Ruby destiny reign of legends.

Pretty bad fanfic-tier story but the setting is kind of cool and it feels pretty different from any other pokemon game.
>>
>>28739035
That is quite the name
>>
If you can find them, Pokemon Firered: Tentaquil Edition and Pokemon Emerald: Tentaquil Edition. Literally just Firered and Emerald respectively but with Tentaquil as your starter.
>>
pokemon brown
>>
>>28738302
You could play good hacks like Drayano's Gen V ones, or >>28738568
>by the time you are at the ~8th gym you are battling level 100s
this
>>
>>28738302
Pokémon Adventures - Red is a pretty faithful adaptation of the manga, and it also has the physical/special split and Fairy types.
>>
>>28739394
theres also a pokemon platinum romhack inspired by drayano that basically functions the same as his gen V hacks
>>
>>28739394
how is that a bad thing?
>>
>>28738316
>XY: Naturia Edition
just finished this, its pretty good. version i had didn't have kanto tho which was kind of a bummer.
>>
>>28739467
Currently playing this, but the dialogue has been edited with a lot of cringey shit and random references for the sake of references
>checking a random sign
>IF I BREAK IT, NOT EVEN THE SONG OF HEALING COULD REPAIR IT!

>talking to a guy un a Pokemon Center
>I HEARD PEOPLE OF VAULT 101 ARE ESCAPING!

Other than that it's pretty good IMO I wish Cut was a Grass Move
>>
>>28739617
Didn't he stop before ever making Kanto?
>>
>>28740028
i'm not really up on it, but i think thats the case.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.