[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is the rarity of the starter pokemons in the pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 40481543-pokemon-wallpapers.jpg (156KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
40481543-pokemon-wallpapers.jpg
156KB, 1920x1200px
What exactly is the rarity of the starter pokemons in the pokemon world? I mean, they're not common, they're special. The stats show that, and you never come across shitty trainers using them anywhere, hell not even gym leaders. Still every time you reach the victory road equivalent in the games there ate tons of ace and cooltrainers with full evolutions of them, and the anime had several episodes with tons of them together, like the squirtle gang for example. So are they rare and uncommon or not, after all?

pic sort of unrelated i'm talking about all gens and not just gen 01
>>
>>28733033
Gardenia has a Turtwing, and you can see the other starters + evos on regular trainers
>>
>>28733070
>and you can see the other starters + evos on regular trainers
rarely, and mostly cool/ace trainers

>Gardenia has a Turtwing
the fuck is a turtwing

still, one case, you got me. not enough
>>
>>28733095
Flint uses an Infernape.
>>
>>28733095
Lances Charizard too
>>
>>28733095
They're very common in the Johto games. I remember a picnic girl or whatever it it had an Ivysaur or Bulbasaur.
>>
>>28733095
Turtwing is a Turtwig with an Air Balloon.
>>
>>28733095
There's a picnicker with a piplup.
>>
>>28733134
>no regular trainers use them only speshul snowflakes
>NOT TRUE LANCE JUST THE FUCKING CHAMPION HAS ONE
>>
File: 1474213749522.jpg (89KB, 590x859px)
1474213749522.jpg
89KB, 590x859px
>>28733033
from bulbapedia bulbasaur page
>As mentioned in the anime, starter Pokémon are raised by Breeders to be distributed to new Trainers. Having been domesticated from birth, Bulbasaur is regarded as both a rare and well-behaved Pokémon.
> It is found in grasslands and forests throughout the Kanto region. However, due to Bulbasaur's status as starter Pokémon, it is hard to come by in the wild and generally found under the ownership of a Trainer. It has been observed that a Bulbasaur's bulb will flash blue when it is ready to evolve. If it does not want to evolve, it struggles to resist the transformation. Many Bulbasaur gather every year in a hidden garden in Kanto to evolve into Ivysaur in a ceremony led by a Venusaur.
>>
>>28733194
So breeders poach them all from the wilds to regulate the starter market and force people to get them from professors instead of catching on their own? Damn.....

And people go after Team Rocket. This is the real shady shit.
>>
>>28733194
from http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Old_Man_Swamp
>Old Man Swamp is a man who runs a shelter for Mudkip and resembles the Pokémon he takes care of. He receives Mudkip Eggs from the Pokémon League and raises them to be starter Pokémon for beginning Trainers of the Hoenn region.
>>
>>28733228
think of them more like domestic cats and dogs. yes, wild cats and dogs exist, but most of them at this point live under the care of humans.
its just, and this is basically head canon i guess, the world of pokemon is a lot more lush and full of pokemon than the real world is full of animals. so you might see wild bulbasaur, rare as they are, more often than you see wild cats and dogs.
>>
I don't believe the starters are special at all. I don't have an idea where they come from, though. I do know they're found somewhere, and I don't think they're rare at all. That's not how it is in the games?

FUCK YOU
U
C
K

Y
O
U
>>
>>28733333
rude quints tbqh

don't want to check at all
>>
they're probably all mostly native to some region we haven't seen yet. or endangered.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.