[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do mewoth, ratatta, vulpix, and sandshrew get alola forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Why do mewoth, ratatta, vulpix, and sandshrew get alola forms for thier base evolutions while cubone and exxegcute dont?
>>
Laziness.
>>
Because they aren't from gen 1.
>>
Alolan Exeggutor is just a tall Exeggutor, so it can keep the same preevo. Pikachu and Cubone should've gotten Alolan forms though.
>>
Because GF said so.
>>
>>28729658
For the lore on why the various firm changes happened, it makes sense
>>
File: u serious dood.png (396KB, 429x402px) Image search: [Google]
u serious dood.png
396KB, 429x402px
>>28729682
>>
Exeggcute staying the same makes sense logistically. They didn't want to change Pikachu, whether it would replace the original or, in this case, not. Cubone makes narrative sense but we have no way of knowing if they thought of that first or used it to retroactively explain Cubone not having one.
>>
Alolan Marowak isn't really a physiological adaptation like most of the others. You could call it spiritual, magical, or just a question of willpower, but it makes sense that the change takes place only when it evolves. The Cubone might stay the same because they're sheltered and protected, but when they evolve it becomes necessary for them to hold their own and fend off the plentiful grass types of Alola.
It makes some sense at least.
Pikachu has less of a lore reason and more of a practical 'his tail is too small to ride.' Same for exeggcute. When the primary physical change is something that wouldn't make sense for the pre-evolved form, they don't bother.
>>
>>28729845
>tips fedora
>>
>>28729658
cubone because of it's story
exeggcute because there's no need
pikachu i don't know
>>
I'm thinking that you won't be able to find exeggcute/cubone/pikachu in the wild, only their fully evolved Alolan forms.
>>
>>28729681
yes, they made millions 3d models, and don't made one more because they're just too lazy. c'mon fag, they wouldnt make this focus just because "i'm tired of making models" "too expensive". alolan marowak has an story
battle maison in oras is laziness, not this
>>
Alola cubones don't lose their parents, who protect them from grass pokeys. Yet, somehow, they still have their conpletely alive mother's skull. Great lore GF.
>>
>>28730561
Nah
>>
>>28730691
Ok
>>
File: verylow.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
verylow.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>28730602
>>
>>28730930
>GF is baiting everyone by keeping regular cubone, even when it doesn't make sense in their own lore
Makes sense.
>>
>>28731031
>it doesn't make sense in their own lore
"There are many Grass-type Pokémon—Marowak’s natural enemies—in the Alola region. This makes Alola a harsh environment for Cubone and Marowak. As a result, they live in close union with their partners. It’s said that their great care for their partners allowed them to gain something like a sixth sense and resulted in their changed form."
>>
>>28731188
Yes that explains why Marowak is different but not why Cubone is the same.
>>
>>28731311
to take care of their partners, it doesn't need to take care of it's partners if they already can take care of themselves
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.